Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Sidey, Bovalino is hardly is the mould of McGough, also incase you have noticed mcGough sucks.

Fella who said the young guys are talking themselves up, u should say who they are then we can tell u if there good............:rolleyes:

journeyman said:
When Jarrod Waite retires, it would be a great lift to the Benalla community for him to return home for a couple of seasons - the club shouldn't be punished by having to fork out four points.
.[/COLOR]
Very good point.

It seems ridiculous to penalise a club who have been able to get an ex player back who has retired/been delisted from the AFL.

The GV can not seriously be thinking of lumping this on clubs less than a month out from the start of the season.
Surely this is something clubs need to know before they start their recruiting.
Seymour, Euroa, Benalla and MOOROOPNA (let's not forget the Cats; they've got more ex-AFL players than anyone) are gunna have some bluddy handy reserves sides in the month the GV does their trial.

I keep reading these bad reports on Kyabram, but I remember years ago they had this gun goal kicker and won a flag in the 90's but all i read now is that they are struggling. What has happened?

Sly Dog said:
I keep reading these bad reports on Kyabram, but I remember years ago they had this gun goal kicker and won a flag in the 90's but all i read now is that they are struggling. What has happened?

Kyabram won the flag in 1996 after they defeated Tatura in a great game.

They probably should've won a few flags in the 90's. In 1993 they finished on top and went out of the finals in straight sets. For the first half of the 90's they were always in the finals and had some great players.

The gun goalkicker you are thinking of is Chris Stuhldreir (spelling?). He kicked over 100 goals a year consistently.

This is a team that cosby thought of for that last 15 years:

b. d.flemming d.argus r.white

h.b t.mcdonnell i.boyd a.gorman

c. t.elliot b.gugliotti p.newman

h.f b.campbell b.langley h.barnett

f. b.ryan c.stuhldrier m.portia

foll. d.lucas g.learmonth d.ryan

inter. p.white, c.atkins, j.finn, p.burnett

Kyabram have been down for a while and I recall someone suggesting a few years ago that they were heading the way of Tongala. I think they will bounce back. For one, their population is a lot more than Tongala's and they have a pretty good under-age and thirds system. They have won a few thirds flags in the last few years.

Just heard some good news for the shepp bears boys. Big Andrew Taylor will be lining up in the twos tomorrow in the pracky match against wang rovers.. Will be his first hit out for about 16 months. will be very interesting to see how he go's.:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

ORANGE BOY said:
Just heard some good news for the shepp bears boys. Big Andrew Taylor will be lining up in the twos tomorrow in the pracky match against wang rovers.. Will be his first hit out for about 16 months. will be very interesting to see how he go's.:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

orange, can you tell me where this is being played and at what time? cheers.

goldenbrown said:
orange, can you tell me where this is being played and at what time? cheers.

Its a Rumbalara the twos kick off at 12.00 noon. and seniors at 2.00pm.

Doozy_Man said:
No left foot - Echuca would take any half quality players at this stage! And that would include Colbert. From what I have heard they have a better senior side than last year but have had a mass exodus of fringe players from the club. So their depth once again will be questioned. The only senior players who have left are Martin, Wilson, Murphy, Frost and Reyne. But they need more numbers in case of injuries.

When was the last time Echuca 2's missed the finals? This is the only way I can see to gauge depth. Depth shouldnt be an issue. My point with Colbert was if the tide is out on whether he is the real deal, maybe he wouldnt get a game in Echuca's midfield. Still 14 other spots he could play.
He would want to be good to get a guernsey on ball before Smith, Maddox, Durie and Butler.

For those interested the Euroa boys are having a hitout against North Hiedelberg tommorow at Euroa. Euroa choosing to run with a very very inexpiernced and young side. About 5 blokes under 18 years. The youngest been about 16.

PLAYER15 said:
For those interested the Euroa boys are having a hitout against North Hiedelberg tommorow at Euroa. Euroa choosing to run with a very very inexpiernced and young side. About 5 blokes under 18 years. The youngest been about 16.

who would that 16yo be? ivill? is stu thompson or chowantez playing?

im not quite sure where these rumors about Marty come from but i can tell you that its 100% bullcrap. I am fairly certain that on the interleague bye Marty will head back home for the week but apart from that he is not going anywhere.

He played last night against Congupna but went to hospital after copping a nasty hit, he will be fine however.

Congupna havent got a bad side actually, they have a few big boys and look sharp. We played a 6 qtr match with basically the 2s playing the last 3 qtrs, i think we were up by about 14 goals when i left at around the 4th qtr, still we were missing a heap of senior blokes.

What matches are on today?? ill be heading to watch the boys play against Hopper Crossing (Doutta Stars).

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bradrowe#32 said:
Kyabram won the flag in 1996 after they defeated Tatura in a great game.

They probably should've won a few flags in the 90's. In 1993 they finished on top and went out of the finals in straight sets. For the first half of the 90's they were always in the finals and had some great players.

The gun goalkicker you are thinking of is Chris Stuhldreir (spelling?). He kicked over 100 goals a year consistently.

This is a team that cosby thought of for that last 15 years:

b. d.flemming d.argus r.white

h.b t.mcdonnell i.boyd a.gorman

c. t.elliot b.gugliotti p.newman

h.f b.campbell b.langley h.barnett

f. b.ryan c.stuhldrier m.portia

foll. d.lucas g.learmonth d.ryan

inter. p.white, c.atkins, j.finn, p.burnett

Kyabram have been down for a while and I recall someone suggesting a few years ago that they were heading the way of Tongala. I think they will bounce back. For one, their population is a lot more than Tongala's and they have a pretty good under-age and thirds system. They have won a few thirds flags in the last few years.

Missed a few I think Andrew Johnson was very handy ruck rover that played in the mid nineties and Ashley Brown who was full of grunt was a great Centre half back at the same time and when Andrew Trimby was up and running he would have covered Paul Burnett as would have Scott Waasdorp who kicked 5 on Garry Stevens in the '96' second semi.

Seymour had a pretty comfy win over Northcote Park.
Gordon kicked 5, Saad 4 (and took another almight grab), Pilling and Joffa Anderson 3 each. Douglas and King were outstanding in defence, while Colbert played pretty well, too, for all his bigfooty fans.

I heard nth heidelberg beat euroa by a few goals. euroa being this years favourite and all must have had a lot out because the gv is supposed to be the best league outside the vfl....is it not??????

kingfooty said:
I heard nth heidelberg beat euroa by a few goals. euroa being this years favourite and all must have had a lot out because the gv is supposed to be the best league outside the vfl....is it not??????
Went down and had a look at the game yesterday and nth Heidleberg had a full squad except for about 3 players and euroa had a very inexperienced side in playing about 4 u/18 players from what i heard. Euroa had at least 12 senior players missing as some of them played in the first game from what i saw. I think Euroa would of been happy going down by 20 points to a full strength Nth Team. Nth looked good but they were not super impressive. Should be a top four side in the valley though. I think the game shows the difference in standard of the 2 leagues cos euroa only played with about 8 senior guys and the rest made up of guys who didnt even play seniors last year including u/18 players and they only lost by 20points. I would go out and say that if euroa were full strength they would of won by at least 10-15 goals.

PLAYER69 said:
Went down and had a look at the game yesterday and nth Heidleberg had a full squad except for about 3 players and euroa had a very inexperienced side in playing about 4 u/18 players from what i heard. Euroa had at least 12 senior players missing as some of them played in the first game from what i saw. I think Euroa would of been happy going down by 20 points to a full strength Nth Team. Nth looked good but they were not super impressive. Should be a top four side in the valley though. I think the game shows the difference in standard of the 2 leagues cos euroa only played with about 8 senior guys and the rest made up of guys who didnt even play seniors last year including u/18 players and they only lost by 20points. I would go out and say that if euroa were full strength they would of won by at least 10-15 goals.
exactly what i thought you would say. nth had 6 guns out and have lost 5 guns from last year. also last year hth won the same game by about 10 goals away from home, but once again you probably were only playing your young blokes.......being the best league outside of the vfl and all that...

kingfooty said:
exactly what i thought you would say. nth had 6 guns out and have lost 5 guns from last year. also last year hth won the same game by about 10 goals away from home, but once again you probably were only playing your young blokes.......being the best league outside of the vfl and all that...

Gee i love how GV people like to make themselves feel good bye making out like their league is just ions ahead of all others! I sincerely doubt that they would beat Nth H by 10 to 15 goals with any team they could muster. Who did Nth H have out KingFooty, ive heard they've lost quite a few from last year?

joshooaa said:
Gee i love how GV people like to make themselves feel good bye making out like their league is just ions ahead of all others! I sincerely doubt that they would beat Nth H by 10 to 15 goals with any team they could muster. Who did Nth H have out KingFooty, ive heard they've lost quite a few from last year?
they have lost jake king, heatley, harley ryan, powell etc

kingfooty said:
Name the 6 blokes they had out mate cos i thought there was only about 3 missing. Wasn't saying that the GV is a better league but the top 4 sides in the GV would be way above any DV side except for maybe heidleberg. Seymor, Euroa and Benalla would be a 5 goal better side then the top sides in most leagues as they have very strong lists. Good to see kingfooty that you take practice matches very seriously as most other clubs use it as a trial of younger players and to try a few things out. Real stuff starts in less than a month i would of thought.

kingfooty said:

Well Kingfooty, Ive seen to DVFL sides play in the last 2 weeks and they have been smashed by 15 goals and 20 goals by Seymour. can only comment on what i saw and they were along long way of GV football standard.

kingfooty said:

Im not for one minute a Euroa fan, but by looking at the squads named on the club site, it appears the sides picked for each game consisted of about half senior players and half reserves with a few under 18's fielded in each.

Some senior names missing included King, Hammil, Shane Clayton, Gibson, Clarke, Lamaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad