Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Is the M. Hill named as unavailable for Euroa yesterday the great Marcus Hill of Ruffy fame??? I hope it is, great fella Hilly and are rapt to see him having a go again after disappointingly failing to lure him out to Yea last season.

Anyone catch the Shepp/Wang Rovers match yesty? If so can you tell me if young Marcus Webb (probably roved or small fwd) got a kick for the Rovers.

PLAYER69 said:
Name the 6 blokes they had out mate cos i thought there was only about 3 missing. Wasn't saying that the GV is a better league but the top 4 sides in the GV would be way above any DV side except for maybe heidleberg. Seymor, Euroa and Benalla would be a 5 goal better side then the top sides in most leagues as they have very strong lists. Good to see kingfooty that you take practice matches very seriously as most other clubs use it as a trial of younger players and to try a few things out. Real stuff starts in less than a month i would of thought.
the gv is a better standard at the moment. your right with heidelberg though. there is no team that would beat us especially at home. you might find in a couple of years when the 30 or 40 dv players in the gv come back home that the dv might be at its best once again. You cant blame the players wanting a good dollar, play on big excellent grounds and great weather conditions so hopefully the travelling will get to them sooner rather than later.
ps great grand final last year

Doona2 said:
Anyone catch the Shepp/Wang Rovers match yesty? If so can you tell me if young Marcus Webb (probably roved or small fwd) got a kick for the Rovers.
No update on Marcus Webb for you Doona2 as I didnt see the game, but was told Wang Rovers beat Shepp in both seniors and reserves. Seniors went down by about 10 goals and seconds got done by about 13 goals.

Not sure how strong Rovers will be this year, but they usually have a pretty competitive side. Anyway, I think it proves what BF posters have been suggesting for a while - it could be a long year for the Shepp Bears.

Tige how'd the boys go agianst hoppers crossing?? Did they look any good?
We've got them this weekend and I think their season starts the week after so they should be close to full strength, should we look forward to a good hit out??

kingfooty there is a DVFL website so if you want to be a #### go post there... who takes praccy matchs serious.... not many teams play full strength teams, alot of coachs try players in different positions...there arent 4 points up for grabs...so who cares...

thats great they won but who honestly cares, have seen enough footy to realise the GV is streaks above DV footy and sure that may change at the next year or the year after but who cares.

I do no one thing seymour would want a decent hit out this week cause the 2 DVFL clubs its played the last two weeks have been pathetic... but as my above comments state...they proberly were not playing there best 21..

Chris Tamburro going to Cobram is big news. Huge loss for Tat who were pumping him up as one of their key inclusions.Cobram should be very happy as this guy can play.

Doona2 said:
Is the M. Hill named as unavailable for Euroa yesterday the great Marcus Hill of Ruffy fame??? I hope it is, great fella Hilly and are rapt to see him having a go again after disappointingly failing to lure him out to Yea last season.

That is correct Doona, though I wouldnt hold my breath on the big fella mustering up enough energy to pull on the boots this season. :D You would have been pushing s h i t up hill last year to try to get him to play??

a.k.a. said:
That is correct Doona, though I wouldnt hold my breath on the big fella mustering up enough energy to pull on the boots this season. :D You would have been pushing s h i t up hill last year to try to get him to play??

Sounds like me old mate hasn't changed much, very very talented sportsman but just as very very laid back!!! Would love to roll into Euroa for round 1 and see him part of the day's festivities.

BYSTANDER said:
kingfooty there is a DVFL website so if you want to be a #### go post there... who takes praccy matchs serious.... not many teams play full strength teams, alot of coachs try players in different positions...there arent 4 points up for grabs...so who cares...

thats great they won but who honestly cares, have seen enough footy to realise the GV is streaks above DV footy and sure that may change at the next year or the year after but who cares.

I do no one thing seymour would want a decent hit out this week cause the 2 DVFL clubs its played the last two weeks have been pathetic... but as my above comments state...they proberly were not playing there best 21..
if you want a good game then you should of played us. but then again you would not want to be pumped would ya. north heid and heid are far above everyone else just like seymour and euroa are in the gv. we would pump mansfield and benalla by 15 goals aswell so that doesnt mean anything. although this years benalla seems like they may have caught up with the other 2.

all reports indicate a rather large bust up in the match Nth Hiedelberg V Euroa??? A young bloke kumminhams cleaning up blokes twice his age?

Grandale said:
Seymour had a pretty comfy win over Northcote Park.
Gordon kicked 5, Saad 4 (and took another almight grab), Pilling and Joffa Anderson 3 each. Douglas and King were outstanding in defence, while Colbert played pretty well, too, for all his bigfooty fans.

Colbert, Pilling and Reid were all battling the flu for the game also. Colbert was excellent with his use of the ball. Gordon carved at full forward. Another to impress was Jake Andeson untill hamstring tightness ended his day half way thru the third. Schottner had a hard day at the office being his first hit out but played quite well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U seem to know a bit about footy kingfooty. do u have any idea how east burwood have been travelling. we line up against them this week. and dont be a smart a s s about it please.

PLAYER15 said:
all reports indicate a rather large bust up in the match Nth Hiedelberg V Euroa??? A young bloke kumminhams cleaning up blokes twice his age?

Any Euroa players get injured out of the dust up with nth?? Who were the u/18 players that lined up?

bazlurhmann said:
U seem to know a bit about footy kingfooty. do u have any idea how east burwood have been travelling. we line up against them this week. and dont be a smart a s s about it please.
been a powerful side over the years but are now starting to slide a bit. who do you play for? are you playing at home or away?

bomberboy_19 said:
has anyone heard of Mark Hampshire...? heard he signed at congupna... how does he go?:thumbsu:
Hampshire played with Shepp Bears last year as their no. 2 ruckman, usually changing off the bench or sometimes in a forward pocket. He is a very big unit and would have the edge on most ruckmen in the Murray League. Will be a very good signing for Congupna if your mail is correct. He played for Shepp 2's on the weekend as he had to attend a wedding, but would normally play seniors if fit.

The new coach of Congupna is Travis Hampshire, but I don't know if they are related?

KIngFooty you are kidding yourself mate, the DV is a comp for low life has been who think there tough cause they can king hit and cause all in brawls...yippy mate...No DV team would come close to the top 5-6 GV teams.. Firstly its a different type of footy as you would no being the king of footy and all... Secondly the DV fails to attratch good players due to its name... and thirdly with ****wits like you supporting clubs it can only be a detrement to the game... guys like you go to the footy hoping o see a fight, Gv supporter go to the footy looking for a exciting game with hard running players,good skills... and before you say the gv is soft and come back with one of your stupid comments that are stretched across every leagues site on bigfooty and a good hard think about yourself...

bazlurhmann said:
Any Euroa players get injured out of the dust up with nth?? Who were the u/18 players that lined up?

Nah it didnt get too out of hand, though the Nth Heidelberg guys didnt mind having a crack at two of our thirds kids (15 years, 16 years). The boys didnt seemed too phazed by it though.

Our under 18's that played were Matty Ivil, Brad Cunningham (only 15) and Klay Givoninni (tipping I didnt even get close with the spelling there!). They all did really well and the experience will only help them from here on.

BYSTANDER said:
KIngFooty you are kidding yourself mate, the DV is a comp for low life has been who think there tough cause they can king hit and cause all in brawls...yippy mate...No DV team would come close to the top 5-6 GV teams.. Firstly its a different type of footy as you would no being the king of footy and all... Secondly the DV fails to attratch good players due to its name... and thirdly with ****wits like you supporting clubs it can only be a detrement to the game... guys like you go to the footy hoping o see a fight, Gv supporter go to the footy looking for a exciting game with hard running players,good skills... and before you say the gv is soft and come back with one of your stupid comments that are stretched across every leagues site on bigfooty and a good hard think about yourself...
Your name says it all. your just a goose that knows nothing about football. i have played and .watched over 300 games of dv and i have only seen 1 king hit. players dont like playing dv because they play on small grounds and after every game they come off the ground knowing they just had a hard and tough game of footy. All gv teams would struggle to play on our grounds because they are not used to it. gv is very good football with its strengths being skill and running ability while the dv's strengths are tackling, hard hitting and pressure football. I hate to see any punches in footy but i must admit i dont mind seeing the odd wrestle or 2. just like in the afl there are a lot more crunches in the game at the scg compared to subiaco.

East burwood have picked up a fair few, thanks to the elderly citizens who put there pension into their Poker Machines. They'd got Damien Yze this year who will be on a packet load, look for him at Full Forward, if his playing.

They have a strong link with Richmond, Sziller, Bourke, Rogers, Adam Slater all played last year and Broderick coached them. Had a few too many old blokes last year and I think would have picked up some pretty handy players.

Who do u play for old mate, who is playing these guys?

Which DVFL club are you with kingfooty?

Have you seen much/any GVFL ? (before you jump down my throat I'm not having a dig!)

kingfooty said:
Your name says it all. your just a goose that knows nothing about football. i have played and .watched over 300 games of dv and i have only seen 1 king hit. players dont like playing dv because they play on small grounds and after every game they come off the ground knowing they just had a hard and tough game of footy. All gv teams would struggle to play on our grounds because they are not used to it. gv is very good football with its strengths being skill and running ability while the dv's strengths are tackling, hard hitting and pressure football. I hate to see any punches in footy but i must admit i dont mind seeing the odd wrestle or 2. just like in the afl there are a lot more crunches in the game at the scg compared to subiaco.

Well said, this is why it is impossible to compare Leagues and why the argument will never be resolved. If you ask any players that go from a Country league to a Suburban league they will tell you how different the footy is. one thing will remain certain, there will always be cheats/sheepdogs no matter where u play.

kingfooty said:
There's actually a few clubs that play on small grounds in the GV, namely Mansfield (which is tiny), Mooroopna and Deakin Reserve in Shepparton. These are the exception to the rule though.

If you want to see some seriously big grounds, you should see some of the grounds in the Murray League like Cobram or Tocumwal. Massive.

a.k.a. said:
Which DVFL club are you with kingfooty?

Have you seen much/any GVFL ? (before you jump down my throat I'm not having a dig!)
from heidelberg and I often go up and see the finals of the gv (especially gf). great gf last year with a high standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad