Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

TuskenRaider said:
There's actually a few clubs that play on small grounds in the GV, namely Mansfield (which is tiny), Mooroopna and Deakin Reserve in Shepparton. These are the exception to the rule though.

If you want to see some seriously big grounds, you should see some of the grounds in the Murray League like Cobram or Tocumwal. Massive.
deakin reserve would be one of our biggest grounds if it were in the dv. you should try and play at lalor, it is a postage stamp.

Kingfooty my point is you have posted on here and the edfl site and done nothing but pump your own tyre up mate, this site has seen and dealt with hit and run artsit like you before, we get on here to talk GV footy, if you want to talk gv footy thats fine but unless your as knowlegable as gv as u are on DV dont make up crap... as previously posted both leagues are different for all different reasons and cant be compared truely unless they have a true game against each other... practise matchs dont count, mean nothing, put 4 points up for grabs and see who comes to the top... then this arguement will be over.

you might want to duck down to see seymour play east burwood at east burwood, it will be interesting to see how they go on a smaller ground against quality opposition.no doubt ull post next week saying east burwood are **** as well.. at the end of the day you sound like a passionate supporter but talk footy not crap

The Cat said:
Hampshire played with Shepp Bears last year as their no. 2 ruckman, usually changing off the bench or sometimes in a forward pocket. He is a very big unit and would have the edge on most ruckmen in the Murray League. Will be a very good signing for Congupna if your mail is correct. He played for Shepp 2's on the weekend as he had to attend a wedding, but would normally play seniors if fit.

The new coach of Congupna is Travis Hampshire, but I don't know if they are related?

Mark Hampshie has a chronic hamstring injury and only played a handfull of games with shepp last year.. will be a very good player in the murry leage. Big boy take's good grabs.. He actually has been signed with congupna since christmas. Travis hampshire (THE COACH) is his brother. The bloke you are talking about that played shepp two's on the weekend is Mark Harrop...

ORANGE BOY said:
Mark Hampshie has a chronic hamstring injury and only played a handfull of games with shepp last year.. will be a very good player in the murry leage. Big boy take's good grabs.. He actually has been signed with congupna since christmas. Travis hampshire (THE COACH) is his brother. The bloke you are talking about that played shepp two's on the weekend is Mark Harrop...

Yep, it looks like he's got his Hampshires and Harraps mixed up

Echucaboy you can expect a very tough hit out against Hoppers, they are a very well drilled side that has stuck together for a good 3 or 4 years, the list has barely changed over that period. Probably a few to watch out for would be Cammileri who plays at CHF, is getting on now but is an out and out gun and onballer Brad Roach thats if his still playing. I watched Douttas beat them by about 8 goals, however Douttas have a very very good side full of ex TAC players and VFL players mostly from the Cannons and Jets.

If Chris Tamburro has left i would be filthy, i doubt the club will let the transfer go through 1st attempt and i would like to think that it might only take a little chat and he will stay. He would be a huge loss to us and i would be amazed that the club could have let him slip so close to the season, suppose time will tell.

We have Shepp Bears this weekend, should be a good hitout ive been told Shepp will field a full strength side as we will besides a couple who have little nigglies.

cheers

kingfooty said:
from heidelberg and I often go up and see the finals of the gv (especially gf). great gf last year with a high standard.

Considering you follow Heidelberg i'm sure you have watched the last 2 DVFL grand finals. As you mentioned you watched last years GVFL grand final and said it was of a high standard. I don't particularly want start the argument over again but in your opinion which 2005 grand final was a better spectacle??? I know it is hard to compare the two leagues but it is quite clear in my mind that GVFL footy is much better to watch than DVFL footy. What are your thoughts??

Flat Track Bully said:
Yep, it looks like he's got his Hampshires and Harraps mixed up
Yeah - my mistake! Apologies to bomberboy 19 for posting crap info mate. Although looking back at what ORANGE BOY knows about him, I wasn't far off the mark (ie - big boy who will be a good player in the Murray League and brother of their new coach). Not a bad effort given I had the wrong guy altogether.

cheers tige, lookin forward to a good hitout. When do Seymour play East burwood, wudn't mind having a look if its on Sunday.

half time lollies said:
Considering you follow Heidelberg i'm sure you have watched the last 2 DVFL grand finals. As you mentioned you watched last years GVFL grand final and said it was of a high standard. I don't particularly want start the argument over again but in your opinion which 2005 grand final was a better spectacle??? I know it is hard to compare the two leagues but it is quite clear in my mind that GVFL footy is much better to watch than DVFL footy. What are your thoughts??
gv was easily better last year. I think the weather plays a pretty big part on the day. we dont get many great weather days down here come grand final day. there were some great grand finals during northcote parks reign though. I like watching dv footy because the grounds are smaller meaning your closer to the action, very physical and the crowd seem to get in to it a bit more. i like watching the skillfull players but i enjoy the physical parts of footy the most. i also enjoy watching fox footy flashbacks when we had the best era in football during the late 70s to the mid 80s which was very tough.

ECHUCABOY said:
cheers tige, lookin forward to a good hitout. When do Seymour play East burwood, wudn't mind having a look if its on Sunday.

It's on Saturday...at East Burwood.

Bombers score win

March 28 2006
Kyabram Free Press

Kyabram's stocks got another pre-season boost when the Bombers put on an impressive display to beat Essendon District League side, Aberfeldie, in a practice match in Kyabram on Saturday.
The Bombers kicked 15.17 to beat the visitors 10.6 in a performance that pleased Bomber coach Mark Adamson.
"We controlled the game for about 70 per cent of it and if we had finished off around goal a bit better we would have had a bigger win.
"I was really happy with our game."
Adamson said the Bombers had one bad patch in the second term when Aberfeldie kicked five goals, three coming from the boot of their coach, former AFL player Simon Minton-Connnell, but were in control for most of the game after that.
Adamson helped set the Bombers rolling early with a superb game in defence and Paul Newman again provided a reliable target up forward with six goals to three quarter time before sitting out the last quarter with Adamson.
Recruits again did well for the Bombers.
Montmorency's James Taylor was impressive again in the centre and later at full forward where he kicked a couple of goals while Cobden recruit, Adam Courtney, did well on his wing.
Ryan Emmett, who has returned to the Bombers this season, also was lively both forward and back.
Josh Vick, who has also returned to the Bomber ranks this season, did a good job in containing the Aberfeldie coach Minton-Connell, for most of the game.
Another ex player returning Josh Finn, who returned from Darwin during the week, also got better as the game progressed.
Veteran Steve Davies also did some good work in defence in the ruck, but all players had a red hot go, according to the coach.
Given that regular senior players, skipper Paul Burnett, Oliver Boyd, Scott McCormack and Dion Ciavola and impressive recruit from the previous week James Martin were also missing for a variety of reasons, enhanced Kyabram's performance.
The Bombers haven't got a game this week, but will line-up against touted finals team Mooroopna in its final practice match the following weekend before the real stuff starts on the Easter weekend.

Aberfeldie will be a bottom 4 side in the EDFL this season so i wouldnt be getting to excited about Kys win. I suppose its a good way to measure the standard of both leagues, Ky are expected to finish bottom 3 or 4 from reports and Abers the same in the EDFL yet Ky won by 7 goals probably should have been 10 or 11. The excuse of Abers not fielding a full strength side is crap as well, i know Minton Connell likes to put his best side on the park when they play in Practise matches and seeing how he coaches he would have fired his blokes up for a good match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bradrowe#32 said:
Good to see that the GV finally updated their website. The new layout is a vast improvement.

www.gvfl.com.au

About time they got one up and running, good to see the info is up to date too on the front page, see jeremy obrien has been appointed the operations manager for 2005!!

Travvy43 said:
About time they got one up and running, good to see the info is up to date too on the front page, see jeremy obrien has been appointed the operations manager for 2005!!

:D

Also, the Shepp News bring out their magazine tomorrow, which judging by last years effort, should be a pretty good read.

Anyone reading this thread would think I'm the promotions manager for the GV!

tige19 said:
Aberfeldie will be a bottom 4 side in the EDFL this season so i wouldnt be getting to excited about Kys win. I suppose its a good way to measure the standard of both leagues, Ky are expected to finish bottom 3 or 4 from reports and Abers the same in the EDFL yet Ky won by 7 goals probably should have been 10 or 11. The excuse of Abers not fielding a full strength side is crap as well, i know Minton Connell likes to put his best side on the park when they play in Practise matches and seeing how he coaches he would have fired his blokes up for a good match.

Dunno where you get that Abers will be a bottom 4 side this year Tige. They were bottom 4 last year but have recruited well (Minton-Connell, Paul Hudson, and former Essendon draftee Shane Sheppard to name just 3) and will at least finish above Keilor Park, East Keilor, Craigieburn and Oak Park and may even push for finals.

bradrowe#32 said:
:D

Also, the Shepp News bring out their magazine tomorrow, which judging by last years effort, should be a pretty good read.

Anyone reading this thread would think I'm the promotions manager for the GV!

get back to class, Bradley

Grandale said:
Dunno where you get that Abers will be a bottom 4 side this year Tige. They were bottom 4 last year but have recruited well (Minton-Connell, Paul Hudson, and former Essendon draftee Shane Sheppard to name just 3) and will at least finish above Keilor Park, East Keilor, Craigieburn and Oak Park and may even push for finals.

Shane Sheppard never got drafted, i think he might have played a few Essendon VFL games but thats about it. Hudson is only playing games when Gippsland play on the Sunday, i think its around 6 or 7 for the year.

Abers havent won a game during the pre season and have been beaten easiy by Hoppers,Sunbury and Ky now. I watched them against Sunbury and i think they have the nucleas of being a good side, the team is basically a new 1 and will take time to gel so maybe 2006 is a season to soon for them to be contenders. By all reports Oak Park are looking ok and have won every match this pre season, they lost a few Turbo and Sheppard being the main few but they still look strong. I would think at this stage Abers would probably only have KP,EK and Craigiburn covered so a bottom 4 finish isnt out of the equastion.

Rumbalara isnt to flash.

kanga fan man said:
tige19 what didnt u like about rumbas ground ?

The Rumba ground isnt that bad but its not great, there a few pot holes and the surface is uneven and its fairly small. The fascilities are really good eg changerooms and showers.

I would have thought the aboroginal guys would like to play on the big grounds where they can use there speed and skill. The lights where really good though.

Anyone heard about how the players are going who have started playing with new clubs?

Archard apparantly kicked 3 or 4 goals last week and had over 30 possies. Looks like he has settled in very nicely!

What about players from Tongala who left?

Giday rowey enjoyed your predictions on the league. I am up in NSW and enjoy any thing on the league. I'm an ex Euroa boy and have played a couple of seasons with Ash Thomson who i think has slipped in under the radar of a few. I notice most peoples concern is with their backline, with what i'm told is well founded. If you get a chance to see this bloke play i think you'll find he will be 1 of the best backs in the league. A bloody miser, very fit and i think will be able to take a key forward each week. Would love to see the pies excercise last years demons. But from what i remember from 15 years ago there's a lot who won't. LOL.

The $64,000 question is....what will S.Peterson of Seymourt do with his $500 courtesy of TFS and Wizard.

Also, whose call was that of the mark...it didn't sound like One FM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad