Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Johnny Tapp said:
Whilst I haven't seen lower plenty play, I don't think Rochy will be a force this year so don't know where the "you'll get pumped" is coming from.

Watched Rochy play in the BFL lightning p'ship last week and while they won they were not fantasic.... Only had to win 4 games (2 x 15min halves) to win the lot....

It may be a longer year than people expect for Rochy...
thats why you should not put your goose head in. I have seen both sides so i can make a "you'll get pumped" comment. so now you know where it came from. get some more information before posting d ickhead.

pretty quiet on this thread lately guys. must be the calm before the storm next weekend? anyway just thought i'd post some crap to get us back up to the top of the page. also looks like cocksuckingfooty*** is now a guru of all things relating to rochy?

No Heart said:
pretty quiet on this thread lately guys. must be the calm before the storm next weekend? anyway just thought i'd post some crap to get us back up to the top of the page. also looks like cocksuckingfooty*** is now a guru of all things relating to rochy?

Agree mate, whats the g-o here lads ?? no news, nothing? is everyone heading out this weekend to get on the juice before season proper next week??

The EDFL thread is quickly gaining speed and it wouldnt be to long before it over takes i would think............

Anyway its Friday arvo im out, peace.

cheers

No Heart said:

Calm before the storm alright, everyone I talk to about footy is mentioning the drive to Euroa next Saturday, hope the Euroa boys put it on the committee to up the catering. I dont mind a graze at the footy and Im gunna be $hitty if they run out early before i get a chance to swoop.

Someone from Seymour tell me what's the go with Rattray? I heard the Bombers hooked him up with 3 different jobs and the longest he lasted at any was a week. Such a shame if the VFL experiment is over before it began. Where will he fit into the Lions set up around Saad, Gordo and the resting Schotty/Ben Bailey combo?

Seymours gun player Robbie Douglas has injured his knee and he will be out for 6 weeks. My theory is: "no Douglas no Seymour"

Someone from Seymour tell me what's the go with Rattray? I heard the Bombers hooked him up with 3 different jobs and the longest he lasted at any was a week. Such a shame if the VFL experiment is over before it began. Where will he fit into the Lions set up around Saad, Gordo and the resting Schotty/Ben Bailey combo?[/QUOTE]

Apparently he can't seem to get the right modelling contract.

Doona2 said:
Calm before the storm alright, everyone I talk to about footy is mentioning the drive to Euroa next Saturday, hope the Euroa boys put it on the committee to up the catering. I dont mind a graze at the footy and Im gunna be $hitty if they run out early before i get a chance to swoop.

Someone from Seymour tell me what's the go with Rattray? I heard the Bombers hooked him up with 3 different jobs and the longest he lasted at any was a week. Such a shame if the VFL experiment is over before it began. Where will he fit into the Lions set up around Saad, Gordo and the resting Schotty/Ben Bailey combo?

Paddy walked out on Bendigo about 2 weeks ago, and played a practice match with the lions. Bendigo are not to happy after giving him the world and Paddy then ********ing in there face, so bendigo will not clear him unless seymour pay $2,000 dollars , so at the moment both clubs are at a stand still and Paddy is in football limbo. Hope i have helped Doona ?

[ No Heart with an idea ]

No Heart said:
Paddy walked out on Bendigo about 2 weeks ago, and played a practice match with the lions. Bendigo are not to happy after giving him the world and Paddy then ********ing in there face, so bendigo will not clear him unless seymour pay $2,000 dollars , so at the moment both clubs are at a stand still and Paddy is in football limbo. Hope i have helped Doona ?

Talk of Rattray going to Wedderbun on another thread.

Enough of Patty, where under a week now until the first game, Im off to Euroa v Seymour and want some idea of match-up's, players to watch etc.

Doona

Expect to see the one of the softest ruckman to ever pull do the boots in the gv run around... D. Clarke...Expect Shottner to dominate. Expect euroa to go tall in the forward line, Is sage playing or not... Seymour will be quick across the ground, and should win.

will be a cracker of a game

BYSTANDER said:
Doona

Expect to see the one of the softest ruckman to ever pull do the boots in the gv run around... D. Clarke...Expect Shottner to dominate. Expect euroa to go tall in the forward line, Is sage playing or not... Seymour will be quick across the ground, and should win.

will be a cracker of a game

Im sure the Euroa lads will be on here quick smart to defend their man about your "soft" tag BYSTANDER. gta3 may be onto something, the Lions will definately miss Chipper Douglas, but as for "No Douglas No Seymour" Im sure Steve has plenty of options.

Why you ask about Sage is there some doubt over him playing? Has Lamaro fronted to training yet, will Marcus Hill & Mark Mills be in action on Saturday?

Doona2 said:

Enough of Patty, where under a week now until the first game, Im off to Euroa v Seymour and want some idea of match-up's, players to watch etc.

Yeah i'll be there can't wait.

MATCH UP'S.

S.Clayton v Haberman with Clayton being BOG in G.F this should be another great shoot out.
Gibson v Penn both good players with such an impact on the game it will come down to the line to see who comes out on top.
Hyatt v Pilling should be a good contest going by what happened at the G.F last year.
Schottner v Janz can't say that janz will be able to shut down schotty, now Ben Baily is back he (janz) will have a tough time in the ruck.
Grainger v Anderson another good contest, this one will be won or lost with the delivery into the forward line.
Reid v Lamaro don't know if lamaro is playing but if he is, expect the seymour boys to ruff him up.
Gordon v ???? don't know if euroa his anyone who will be able to go with this bloke now with Harper gone, euroa's back line now looks a little bit of a miss match agaisnt the fire power of seymour.

Just some of my match up's, has anyone else got something to add.

Seeking Glory said:

MATCH UP'S.

S.Clayton v Haberman with Clayton being BOG in G.F this should be another great shoot out.
Gibson v Penn both good players with such an impact on the game it will come down to the line to see who comes out on top.
Hyatt v Pilling should be a good contest going by what happened at the G.F last year.
Schottner v Janz can't say that janz will be able to shut down schotty, now Ben Baily is back he (janz) will have a tough time in the ruck.
Grainger v Anderson another good contest, this one will be won or lost with the delivery into the forward line.
Reid v Lamaro don't know if lamaro is playing but if he is, expect the seymour boys to ruff him up.
Gordon v ???? don't know if euroa his anyone who will be able to go with this bloke now with Harper gone, euroa's back line now looks a little bit of a miss match agaisnt the fire power of seymour.

Who will get the job on Rory Hilton? If this Clarke is as good as we're hearing then Hilton, Sage and even Clayton are gunna get their share of first crack at the ball. Robbie Inness used to get a weekly "run with" role for the Lions before falling out of favour . . . . could Inness#15 be a darkhorse for Hilton?

Doona2 said:

MATCH UP'S.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Heart said:

didn't bendigo bring in the rule that you can still be affiliated with a GV club and play for the Bendigo Bombers? Or do you need to be with a Bendigo FL club?

I thought paddy was playing with bendigo (up until a few weeks ago) and had seymour as his local club?

kingfooty said:
thats why you should not put your goose head in. I have seen both sides so i can make a "you'll get pumped" comment. so now you know where it came from. get some more information before posting d ickhead.

Good to see that King F'Wit is bang on the money again.... Like normal plenty to say but nothing worth listening to. Was speaking to some rochy boys sat night and they said they only got up by 5 goals - hardly the pumping the footy king expected...

fat back pocket said:
didn't bendigo bring in the rule that you can still be affiliated with a GV club and play for the Bendigo Bombers? Or do you need to be with a Bendigo FL club?

I thought paddy was playing with bendigo (up until a few weeks ago) and had seymour as his local club?

Dunno how it works FBP but didnt the Bombers try and set him up with some job offers etc and he's chucke it in . . . . I maybe wrong but thats what I was told. If he does line up at Seymour round one Id expect him to be a bit strong in the air at reserves level and a certainty for a lazy 5-6 sausage rolls.

Johnny Tapp said:
Good to see that King F'Wit is bang on the money again.... Like normal plenty to say but nothing worth listening too. Was speaking to some rochy boys sat night and they said they only got up by 5 goals - hardly the pumping the footy king expected...
did rochy have a good side in or did they have only there u18s in like every other gv side when they play practice matches? I would expect that if rochy played their best side in they should win by 20 goals like I said. if rochy did have a good side in then the standard of the gv outside of the top 3 is in question. lower are a very ordinary side in the dv having relegated after getting pumped all year aswell as losing some top line players. so which story is it either I was right in saying that rochy should win by 20 goals with their best side in or is the standard of footy outside of the top 3 or 4 in the gv very ordinary. i look forward to a response especially since that your the best league outside vfl and all.

ps north heid pumped east burwood yesterday

Rochy beat Lower Plenty yesterday, but it wasn't as one way as some might have thought. Lower went in without 2 of its better players and gave a few young fellas a run. Rochy was definately a better side, but I think Lower will not be easy beats like they were in 2005. The ground up there has massive wings, but isn't too much bigger than a DVFL ground. It was noticably hard though, and quite a few of our boys pulled up sore, and a few got injured and couldnt get through the match. Mitch_fc was the runner again...

mitch_fc said:
Rochy beat Lower Plenty yesterday, but it wasn't as one way as some might have thought. Lower went in without 2 of its better players and gave a few young fellas a run. Rochy was definately a better side, but I think Lower will not be easy beats like they were in 2005. The ground up there has massive wings, but isn't too much bigger than a DVFL ground. It was noticably hard though, and quite a few of our boys pulled up sore, and a few got injured and couldnt get through the match. Mitch_fc was the runner again...
of course you wont be easybeats this year mitch because your in divvy 2. round 1 should be a cracker.

kingfooty said:
did rochy have a good side in or did they have only there u18s in like every other gv side when they play practice matches? I would expect that if rochy played their best side in they should win by 20 goals like I said. if rochy did have a good side in then the standard of the gv outside of the top 3 is in question. lower are a very ordinary side in the dv having relegated after getting pumped all year aswell as losing some top line players. so which story is it either I was right in saying that rochy should win by 20 goals with their best side in or is the standard of footy outside of the top 3 or 4 in the gv very ordinary. i look forward to a response especially since that your the best league outside vfl and all.

ps north heid pumped east burwood yesterday

Surprised you don't know the in and outs for the Rochy team yourself considering what an expert you are on every side in every league of country victoria.

Rochy had a few guys out but as stated in an earlier post Rochy may have a tough year. Now going off your previous posts, Rochy beating lower plenty would indicate that GVFL is stronger than DVFL - you know with the practice games indicate league strength and all that cr@p.....

There will definately be top 4 or 5 sides in the GVFL then the teams will drop away this year - Rochy will be trying to get the 6th spot for the finals...

PS. The North Heidelberg website is cr@p

kingfooty said:
of course you wont be easybeats this year mitch because your in divvy 2. round 1 should be a cracker.
yeah, i believe we will have a better side than last year anyway. will be tougher to get a game.

Johnny Tapp said:
Surprised you don't know the in and outs for the Rochy team yourself considering what an expert you are on every side in every league of country victoria.

Rochy had a few guys out but as stated in an earlier post Rochy may have a tough year. Now going off your previous posts, Rochy beating lower plenty would indicate that GVFL is stronger than DVFL - you know with the practice games indicate league strength and all that cr@p.....

There will definately be top 4 or 5 sides in the GVFL then the teams will drop away this year - Rochy will be trying to get the 6th spot for the finals...

PS. The North Heidelberg website is cr@p
i have stated numerous times that i thought that the gv standard is a bit stronger. but if what your saying is true that rochy just beat lower with a good side in and that they will make the 6 then maybe you have just changed my mind. that confirms to me that the standard outside the top 6 in the gv must have fallen away a hell of a lot. if you would like to stick up for your league then i suggest you dont post because you are making a fool of yourself and misrepresenting your league. If you would like to learn more about the game of footy then read my posts.

kingfooty said:
i have stated numerous times that i thought that the gv standard is a bit stronger. but if what your saying is true that rochy just beat lower with a good side in and that they will make the 6 then maybe you have just changed my mind. that confirms to me that the standard outside the top 6 in the gv must have fallen away a hell of a lot. if you would like to stick up for your league then i suggest you dont post because you are making a fool of yourself and misrepresenting your league. If you would like to learn more about the game of footy then read my posts.

Its simple Kingfooty. Seymour loses to East Burwood, East Burwood loses to North Heidelberg - DVFL is stronger than GVFL. Problem solved guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad