Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Duff Man said:
Could you tell me NO HEART why saad saad started on the bench in the big Grand final replay.

SJ was not to happy when saad and j Amad arrived 5 minutes late to the team meeting, so he started both players on the bench.

No Heart said:
SJ was not to happy when saad and j Amad arrived 5 minutes late to the team meeting, so he started both players on the bench.

How good is that for discipline, [ big call ] I hope all the rep players turn up on time to the meeting at the carnival???

Duff Man said:
How good is that for discipline, [ big call ] I hope all the rep players turn up on time to the meeting at the carnival???

Yes it is good!

On the Euroa v Seymour clash, im sure all those that made the trip up the hume would agree that you couldnt get better value for money, cracker of a match! It really does show there is little between the two sides... I found it very interesting to see with the game on the line with less then 10 minutes to go Hilton was dragged to the bench for the remainder of the match! He had a dirty day and looked like a player expecting to do it easy in the GV, which may have been reflected in his fitness level not being adequate??????

On your comments Doona about Janz looking comfortable up forward, i would have to disagree, he seemed to spill a few marks and looked rushed at times against an opponent nearly half his size- great work to Okeefe there!

inlimbo said:
On the Euroa v Seymour clash, im sure all those that made the trip up the hume would agree that you couldnt get better value for money, cracker of a match! It really does show there is little between the two sides... I found it very interesting to see with the game on the line with less then 10 minutes to go Hilton was dragged to the bench for the remainder of the match! He had a dirty day and looked like a player expecting to do it easy in the GV, which may have been reflected in his fitness level not being adequate??????

On your comments Doona about Janz looking comfortable up forward, i would have to disagree, he seemed to spill a few marks and looked rushed at times against an opponent nearly half his size- great work to Okeefe there!

Dont recall saying he (Janz) played well, thought Matt O'keefe did an ok job. I did say that for me he looked better suited as a forward (moved like a forward) rather than in the ruck against the bigger bodies of Schottner and Bailey that's all . . . . geez you defenders stick together hey inlimbo!!!

Doona2 said:
Dont recall saying he (Janz) played well, thought Matt O'keefe did a super job. I did say he looked better suited and moved well as a forward option leading up the ground than in the ruck against the bigger bodies of Schottner and Bailey that's all . . . . geez you defenders stick together hey inlimbo!!!

Doona saw you talking to the great SJ before the game yesty,what was that all about ? Trying to get Inness 15# a game.

Doesn't matter who won on Saturday - it was a great game of footy. I didn't think we would get anywhere near the game that was played at last years GF, but I was wrong. I thought we were going to have a draw on our hands there at one stage.

Anyhoo, what about the shep V united game? Anyone get along to see that one. From the scoreboard it looks like united did it easy, and also looks like Tyson Sidebottom had a pretty good start to his GV career.

No Heart said:
Doona saw you talking to the great SJ before the game yesty,what was that all about ? Trying to get Inness 15# a game.
Looks like you might be in the know No Heart. I think #15 might have got his marching orders yesty. Any info on this one?

No Heart said:

Christ this is turning into Big Brother, maybe Doona2 was too obvious a name to use!!!

Just a quick hello and a chat, I was extremely grateful of an opportunity I had to talk football with Steve during the pre-season and again was just saying thanks & wishing him well for 2006. Without being ever being involved at SFNC he has influenced my ideas on football in the past 2-3 years merely just by watching from afar the times I have - could only imagine the influence he has had at Kings Park.

Inness#15 will be fine might have to take 5-6 out on the training track though . . . . who else of note was I seen talking to!!!

GVFootyfan said:
Looks like you might be in the know No Heart. I think #15 might have got his marching orders yesty. Any info on this one?

Robbie like a couple of others , Brockway , sheils , ratray , boruch would all love to be playing in the seniors, but at the moment carnt break in to the side.

Duff Man said:
What a game , both teams had a crack and the standard at times the way both teams moved the ball was great. D Clarke was okay to , Hilton was disapointing and as for that bloke they call saad , hes a freak.I watched the Benalla v Mansfield game also, how good is porter he would of taken 15 marks in the first half. Benalla look good, but it was way of the standard of the Euroa Seymour game. I think Seymour have let Euroa, Benalla , Mooroopna,take all the lime light and just sat back, let me say they are better than last year as is the magpies.
Yeah good call about Benalla McDuff. Benalla are a very good side and also very tall. Aside from Porter, I think Van Sheik was also a handful in terms of his height and looked to move very well. Don't know who Seymour will run against those two big guys, but I reckon they will need to work individually and collectively to beat this well oiled unit.

Doona2 said:
Christ this is turning into Big Brother, maybe Doona2 was too obvious a name to use!!!

Just a quick hello and a chat, I was extremely grateful of an opportunity I had to talk football with Steve during the pre-season and again was just saying thanks & wishing him well for 2006. Without being ever being involved at SFNC he has influenced my ideas on football in the past 2-3 years merely just by watching from afar the times I have - could only imagine the influence he has had at Kings Park.

Inness#15 will be fine might have to take 5-6 out on the training track though . . . . who else of note was I seen talking to!!!

No I was just standing there and i heard someone say thats Doona off bigfooty talking to SJ in the middle of the ground. All harmless champ .

The Cat said:
but I reckon they will need to work individually and collectively

I see Cat you have been to see a few Seymour games with a comment like that one??????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Heart said:
No I was just standing there and i heard someone say thats Doona off bigfooty talking to SJ in the middle of the ground. All harmless champ .

Wow is that kinda like celebrity status "Doona off bigfooty" . . . . Love It!!! And were in action in anyway yesty No Heart

Doona2 said:
Wow is that kinda like celebrity status "Doona off bigfooty" . . . . Love It!!! And were in action in anyway yesty No Heart

Just watching Doona at the moment.

No Heart said:
I see Cat you have been to see a few Seymour games with a comment like that one??????
Been to see a few games over the last year or so No Nuts, and its a favourite line of Steve Daniels, so thought I'd throw it in. Anyway, the point I was making is that Benalla are a very good side and have a big height advantage IMO. Not too many weaknesses from what I saw and have lived up to their pre-season hype.

The Cat said:
Been to see a few games over the last year or so No Nuts, and its a favourite line of Steve Daniels, so thought I'd throw it in. Anyway, the point I was making is that Benalla are a very good side and have a big height advantage IMO. Not too many weaknesses from what I saw and have lived up to their pre-season hype.

Yeah Im with The Cat get on Benalla they're the flag faves for me . . . dunno whether Flat Track Bully would like to hear that though!!!

The Cat said:

No it should be a good game on the weekend between them and seymour.

Anyone get to the Mooroopna vs Tatura match on the weekend? if so can anyone give me a run down on how both those sides looked?.
Heard there was very little in the game until the last quarter when Mooroopna kicked away. Blake Campbell was on fire and big Singh had a good game to. For Tatura Wellington looked as though he dominated as he usually does, also heard that Marty Mcgrath was a bit of a flop. I dont think Tatura will be that far off the mark this year. Good first hit out for the Cats they have been talked about in the same breath as the Seymours and Euroas so they would have really appreciated a tough hit out againts the Bulldogs.

Looks as though this season is going to be one of the most even years in GV footy for a long time.

Thanks Doona. Is that Liddell son of the Liddell use run around for lions during the eighties. Was a fiestey little bugger. If he's son of, is he similar?

Doona2 said:
Yeah Im with The Cat get on Benalla they're the flag faves for me . . . dunno whether Flat Track Bully would like to hear that though!!!

Seymour are a class outfit from reports on saturday and maybe like the Brisbane Lions of a few years ago know how to get over the line when the games up for grabs hence last years granny and Saturdays first round. Benalla have struggled against Seymour in recent times so I think Seymour would be Flag favorites at this stage but winning for is good form should be a good clash on Saturday at The Den

head67 said:
Thanks Doona. Is that Liddell son of the Liddell use run around for lions during the eighties. Was a fiestey little bugger. If he's son of, is he similar?

Sure is

Ahbroke Miandad said:
Interested to hear how Footyboss rated his game yesterday.[/QUOTE
Not my best game, but did the run to blow out a few cobwebs. Didnt play to much and wont be playing a full game to after the bye in a few weeks time. I was just happy to get through the game and geta couple of touches of the footy.

cookie33 said:
Anyone get to the Mooroopna vs Tatura match on the weekend? if so can anyone give me a run down on how both those sides looked?.
Heard there was very little in the game until the last quarter when Mooroopna kicked away. Blake Campbell was on fire and big Singh had a good game to. For Tatura Wellington looked as though he dominated as he usually does, also heard that Marty Mcgrath was a bit of a flop. I dont think Tatura will be that far off the mark this year. Good first hit out for the Cats they have been talked about in the same breath as the Seymours and Euroas so they would have really appreciated a tough hit out againts the Bulldogs.

Looks as though this season is going to be one of the most even years in GV footy for a long time.

I did here that Cookie. Did Brad Campbell hurt his groin too and come off. Mooroopna's top 8 or 10 are going to be very good but they fall away a bit. Tat will be honest I'm sure. I think you're right. There's not going to be too many easy wins.

Doona2 said:
I hear the Euroa 2's were having a bit to say before the bounce, sledging the Lions as both sides run out. With Simon Boruch and Mick Shiels dominant in the midfield, Euroa looked slow even with Shannon Gibson returning from injury. Gibson was polished and used it well after a sluggish 1st term when he burnt Gus Mills twice.

Thought the Boss showed glimpses at times, especially early in the 1st term when he collected Patty Rattray. In fact Patty came in for some over the top scrutiny most of the 1st half of the reserves clash, Buck Trotter another to collect Patty high and leaving a handy little shiner. The bearded one #37 went back onto Rattray and it was a better battle to watch after Patty took some big marks early and ended with 5 goals.

Our very own FBP thru himself around at times also, I even heard he copped a nice spray over the fence about Big Footy from a prominent Euroa identity.

Did notice he (FOOTYBOSS) had several "blows" on the pine, seems that trip overseas hampered his preparation a bit although I dont think he was meant to even play yesterday. Would be more interested to hear how he fared at the Magpies aftermatch doo last night with the two piece female duo on show!!!

Lucky there is a bench in football, because I needed it many times on Saturday. Just goes to show Ive been in a very good paddock while overseas. Wasnt meant to play, but I have to get fit some way or another. Was very disappointed in the way our twos went about it, but full credit to seymour they have alot depth at there club.

As for the main game it was sensational. Was alot of errors though, which to be expected for round 1. But the good crowd wanted a close game and thats what they got. Good to see Bailey get through a full game. I honestly though Seymour would beat us easily but goes to show no matter how underdone you are once there is 4 points up for grabs bodies are put on the line. Hilts will be better for the run and will get better as the season goes on. Was a little diappointred in Gordon, seemed slow but was up against a very good player in shelton. Clarke played really well for us. Was very impressed with Colbert from Seymour.

As for the function Doona. Was a very messy night on the cans. Pav Obrien was the standout with his antics, but by far the bog at the function went to sage and shelton. Shelton kissing one of the singers out in the car park and sagey for trying to put on a show behind the clubrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad