Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

FOOTYBOSS said:
Lucky there is a bench in football, because I needed it many times on Saturday. Just goes to show Ive been in a very good paddock while overseas. Wasnt meant to play, but I have to get fit some way or another. Was very disappointed in the way our twos went about it, but full credit to seymour they have alot depth at there club.

As for the main game it was sensational. Was alot of errors though, which to be expected for round 1. But the good crowd wanted a close game and thats what they got. Good to see Bailey get through a full game. I honestly though Seymour would beat us easily but goes to show no matter how underdone you are once there is 4 points up for grabs bodies are put on the line. Hilts will be better for the run and will get better as the season goes on. Was a little diappointred in Gordon, seemed slow but was up against a very good player in shelton. Clarke played really well for us. Was very impressed with Colbert from Seymour.

As for the function Doona. Was a very messy night on the cans. Pav Obrien was the standout with his antics, but by far the bog at the function went to sage and shelton. Shelton kissing one of the singers out in the car park and sagey for trying to put on a show behind the clubrooms.

Good to see that the Euroa functions are back, probably better than other years and I'm sure that the BP will be pleased that footy is back in town.

Doona2 said:
Yeah Im with The Cat get on Benalla they're the flag faves for me . . . dunno whether Flat Track Bully would like to hear that though!!!

From what I saw of Euroa and Seymour on Saturday I would very surprised if the winner doesn't come from those two at this stage...

the only bad thing at Euroa was the fact that the little can bar on the forward flank ran out of GAS early in the final stanza forcing punters to fetch cans in the club rooms. Might have had something to do with the bumper crowd that was at Euroadaboat on Satdy.

great game after 1/2 time - thought both sides were testing things out in the first half. No doubt both teams will only get better as the season progresses. And as for the fella who wears #5 (first name last name) for the lions - he's a freak!

No Heart said:
SJ was not to happy when saad and j Amad arrived 5 minutes late to the team meeting, so he started both players on the bench.

Seeing the price of petrol is going to rise, seymour may have to give the kid another payrise to get him there on time.....he may need some of that optimax in the tank! ;)
Just a suggestion $800(now) to $1000(new price) now! :eek:

First of all thanks to all of my fans who send "get well soon" cards after my injury in the Euroa intra club game, allthough I thought i would never be able to play on memorial oval again i was right to train that Tuesday to the suprise of my teammates ( they envy my courage ) . Done a bit of work on my wig over preseason and have reached my goal of having the " Gary Ayers of 1988" model mullett perfected ! If anyone would like to catch up with the great number 41 game day i will be more than happy to give you a few tips.
Till then get a winnie red in your guts! The Whip

The Whip said:
First of all thanks to all of my fans who send "get well soon" cards after my injury in the Euroa intra club game, allthough I thought i would never be able to play on memorial oval again i was right to train that Tuesday to the suprise of my teammates ( they envy my courage ) . Done a bit of work on my wig over preseason and have reached my goal of having the " Gary Ayers of 1988" model mullett perfected ! If anyone would like to catch up with the great number 41 game day i will be more than happy to give you a few tips.

Was the first thing I commented on when the Euroa 2's ran, it's one of the best 80's model hair doo's Ive seen . . . . well since the 80's anyways

Flat Track Bully said:
From what I saw of Euroa and Seymour on Saturday I would very surprised if the winner doesn't come from those two at this stage...

Dont rate your mob FTB?:confused: I thought with a bit of height (which you now have) Benalla would be right up there.

HawkeEye said:
Good to see that the Euroa functions are back, probably better than other years and I'm sure that the BP will be pleased that footy is back in town.
Im pretty sure BP are shattered that footy functions are back. Especailly after the last 2 years which has seen the club on bans from there stemming from early functions. Well this year is no different. Some of the players will be on bans again due to some funny incidents. For a change it wasnt me from what I can remember anyway.

HawkEye was sorely missed.

The Whip said:

Whip, i'm thinking after sat that Grandale is going to have you in his sights next time we play...after the goal kicking master sat 3/4 on the pine after a slow pre-season, the whip gave him a welcome back to footy style coat-hanger which left Grandale without the ability to breathe let alone smash cans all night...so he put a drip in and filled it with SFNC's finest ale...a premiership label beer curtesy of Joffa Anderson...thanks Joffa.

Very funny stuff...how's the throat Grandale? Can you talk yet?

The Cat said:
Yeah good call about Benalla McDuff. Benalla are a very good side and also very tall. Aside from Porter, I think Van Sheik was also a handful in terms of his height and looked to move very well. Don't know who Seymour will run against those two big guys, but I reckon they will need to work individually and collectively to beat this well oiled unit.

Ronnie Burns,
How about a former Morrison medalist and preimership captain?? Just an un-educated guess he might get first crack at the pair...

Boys boys boys, no input from blokes from other sides......Where have all the Rochy boys got to..............very very quiet mob of blokes at the moment....

Was very impressed with Echuca on the weekend, for what I saw of the game.......The mammoth Stephen White would have to have the best leg in the gvfl, woowee can he kick the footy.

The boys are looking good at the moment, hopefully not too many injuries and they'll be in the mix.

Cheers. Well done to the lions, You Euroa trash just aren't good enough....;)

FOOTYBOSS said:
Lucky there is a bench in football, because I needed it many times on Saturday. Just goes to show Ive been in a very good paddock while overseas. Wasnt meant to play, but I have to get fit some way or another. Was very disappointed in the way our twos went about it, but full credit to seymour they have alot depth at there club.

As for the main game it was sensational. Was alot of errors though, which to be expected for round 1. But the good crowd wanted a close game and thats what they got. Good to see Bailey get through a full game. I honestly though Seymour would beat us easily but goes to show no matter how underdone you are once there is 4 points up for grabs bodies are put on the line. Hilts will be better for the run and will get better as the season goes on. Was a little diappointred in Gordon, seemed slow but was up against a very good player in shelton. Clarke played really well for us. Was very impressed with Colbert from Seymour.

As for the function Doona. Was a very messy night on the cans. Pav Obrien was the standout with his antics, but by far the bog at the function went to sage and shelton. Shelton kissing one of the singers out in the car park and sagey for trying to put on a show behind the clubrooms.

nobody will judge hilton on a first game performance.. whether he played good on not (which he didnt). its such a different standard of football ten hes used to and he should only get better... we have seen though some players struggle in lower leagues after coming from the elite level. I do worry though about his injury, at the tigers he was known to be injury prone and he still had all the facilities in the world to help him through... they dont have them at euroa, i hope they can keep him injury free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pupster said:
nobody will judge hilton on a first game performance.. whether he played good on not (which he didnt). its such a different standard of football ten hes used to and he should only get better... we have seen though some players struggle in lower leagues after coming from the elite level. I do worry though about his injury, at the tigers he was known to be injury prone and he still had all the facilities in the world to help him through... they dont have them at euroa, i hope they can keep him injury free.
Good post mate.:rolleyes:
All the facilities in the world aren't going to prevent you from injuring an ACL or shoulder.

Reading the South Adelaide website, it seems Archard had a cracker of a game on the weekend. 30 touches, ten marks and a goal, named as best on the website.

The Whip said:
Unfortunately Whip, I cant see you getting to many more games, with players coming back from injury. It was good to see your mullet flowing as you were chasing the pig skin around.

carntheblue&whitehoops said:
any thoughts on ash round and how he will go for united this season?

Saw him play at the weekend and I was really impressed with him. His frame suggests he'll never be a dominant on-baller, but if he can find a role on a forward flank or pocket he's going to be a very handy player. Will get under the radar a lot of has a knack for finding a team-mate in heavy traffic. He'll be a pretty handy GV footballer I'd reckon. Can find the ball.

Doona2 said:
Dont rate your mob FTB?:confused: I thought with a bit of height (which you now have) Benalla would be right up there.

Yeah I do, but two very good teams have added to their line-ups. Benalla were a good team who have add to theirs...I still believe there is a slight difference. That's not to say Benalla can't give it a shake.

Flat Track Bully said:
Yeah I do, but two very good teams have added to their line-ups. Benalla were a good team who have add to theirs...I still believe there is a slight difference. That's not to say Benalla can't give it a shake.

I think ya's will be in the higher part of the finals ladder. Pity ya's meet round 2, would've been a better indicator say in another 3-4 weeks time when both lists have had time to adjust and get fully comfortable with their new additions.

Doona seems you are a FOLK hero around the traps... In reference to an early question... Why would i be in the room when the teams are read out... Im definately not a player...I wish i was...I actually follow mansfeild more than seymour, as i spend the winters up the high land on the slops working... the ony reason i talk more about seymour and euroa is if i was to post a question about mansfeild...no one would answer as im not aware of any other mansfield bigFooty users.... correct me if im wrong/// hopefully when i move back up there in 3 weeks ill be able to get some inside info about mansfield for all to read...

any way back to the footy, what a cracker of a game... thought seymour looked the fitter.they seem to be a very close knitted group compared to euroa.. but awesome spectacle for gv footy...hopefully the standard will lift again...Seymour vs Benella will be a cracker as well...
Does any one no the crowd figure at the game....

Id

BYSTANDER said:
any way back to the footy, what a cracker of a game... thought seymour looked the fitter.they seem to be a very close knitted group compared to euroa.. but awesome spectacle for gv footy...hopefully the standard will lift again...Seymour vs Benella will be a cracker as well...
Does any one no the crowd figure at the game....

How come Nick Trenfield left Mansfield & how is young Jimmy Herridge fitting in from Thornton? Crowd musta been big coz they ran out of hot tucker at the canteen early . . .

heard that euroa took in more then 6 grand of the gate last saturday...
any one be able to tell me at then ben v man game how much porter and shaker changed? where did the change from the bench or forward line? and on another subject interleague isnt far away who from which teams will make it?
wat changes from the all vic country champs of last yr?

jmain14 said:
might be wrong but I think he is playing for the geelong vfl side, and played there a bit last year also.

Yeah I knew that but thought he had actually put in a clearance to Wangaratta in the Ovens & Murray for when he wasn't required at the Cattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad