Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Can someone put results/goal kickers etc up. located in melbourne and obviously cant get a local paper. cheers.

battista said:
Can someone put results/goal kickers etc up. located in melbourne and obviously cant get a local paper. cheers.

Euroa 15.12 (102) v Shepparton Swans 25.12 (162)
Echuca 10.8 (68) v Mansfield 11.8 (74)
Mooroopna 14.12 (96) v Benalla 11.13 (79)
Shepparton 15.14 (104) v Kyabram 14.5 (89)
Rochester 11.12 (78) v Shepparton United 11.13 (79)
Tatura 12.9 (81) v Seymour 16.14 (110)

Seymour 122.97% 20
Shepparton Swans 159.42% 16
Mooroopna 104.92% 16
Euroa 124.72% 12
Echuca 114.04% 12
Mansfield 100.95% 12
Benalla 102.12% 8
Shepparton United 96.84% 8
Shepparton 83.69% 8
Kyabram 84.73% 4
Rochester 77.53% 4
Tatura 59.34% 0

Top 10 Players by Goals:
1. SINGH, Balraj Mooroopna 29
2. SAAD, Saad Seymour 24
3. MCCARTY, Matthew Shepp Swans 22
4. NEWMAN, Paul Kyabram 22
5. GRAINGER, Scott Euroa 21
6. DUNDOVIC, Glenn Shepp Swans 18
7. FORYS, Matt Shepp United 17
8. JANSZ, Mark Euroa 17
9. BOWEN, Elliot Rochester 15
10. BAMFORD, Craig Euroa 13

TheJuddstarr#3 said:
Duff Man, how can u say that thats the worst game youve seen euroa play in years... theyve only been good for 1 and a bit! before that they were terrible for 10. but your spot on with their passion. that showed even last week when bamford did the "disappearing act" at albury with the gvfl side. pretty poor effort i reckon.

I think you'll find Juddstarr#3 that Euroa have played finals footy more often than not in the past 10 seasons. I think they've only missed the finals 2 or 3 times in that period. Pretty rough to judge Bamford when you don't know him from a bar of soap...have you considered he may have had other commitments.

Stick to the facts you clown!

Now Whip, i have heard from a few sourses that you pulled ther pin on taking part in the theme song after your come from behind win on saturday. was this due to dissapointment in your own performance or for other reasons???

Junkie said:
I think you'll find Juddstarr#3 that Euroa have played finals footy more often than not in the past 10 seasons. I think they've only missed the finals 2 or 3 times in that period. Pretty rough to judge Bamford when you don't know him from a bar of soap...have you considered he may have had other commitments.

Well said Junkie. Yes we've got a few injuries at the moment but thought we may have been able to cover them a bit better than what we did on the weekend. Swans have a good side for sure, but our boys went to sleep a bit in the last which made the loss look a bit worse than what it should have been.

No worries with our passion heady. As for Juddy - you don't know the full story with Bamf so best you get your facts right before trying to conjure up stories that are full of crap!

I dont think Euroa have that many injuires at the moment do they? I only know of Clarke and Gilliland who are out, otherwise it was pretty much a full strength team. Bamford did play in the interleague carnival, well he was named in the shep new on the friday. I thought he just didnt get a kick. Some of Euroas big name players really need to stand up this coming weekend against Mansfield.

No passion in team is a very big call, especially after last years result.:confused: You would think they would have all the passion in the world. maybe they are just one year wonders and when it gets really tough, they all go missing.:p

kanye said:
Now Whip, i have heard from a few sourses that you pulled ther pin on taking part in the theme song after your come from behind win on saturday. was this due to dissapointment in your own performance or for other reasons???

Well Kanye, After only getting 5 minutes on the ground i was pretty dissapointed! I prepared myself well for the game with a packet of winnie reds and 17 cans of tooheys red so i thought i was in for a good day.
After all I should be in the seniors.... dont you think?
Anyway theres always next week, till then Kanye touch the sky!!

Doona2 said:
Euroa 15.12 (102) v Shepparton Swans 25.12 (162)
Echuca 10.8 (68) v Mansfield 11.8 (74)
Mooroopna 14.12 (96) v Benalla 11.13 (79)
Shepparton 15.14 (104) v Kyabram 14.5 (89)
Rochester 11.12 (78) v Shepparton United 11.13 (79)
Tatura 12.9 (81) v Seymour 16.14 (110)

Massive win for the Shepp Swans, and Mansfield's win on the long road trip deserves a mention too.

Musta been some feeling in the curtain raiser at Tatura as Im led to believe that two of Big Footy's more prominent figures clashed with each other.

The original Fat Bock Pocket (not Peterson#31) and Tige19 were both given time in the sin bin after crossing paths, I think maybe FBP even may have been "binned" twice.

And what's this discipline reason we're hearing with one of Tat's new recruits playing two's - sure it wasn't form as he is yet to be named in the best and wasn't in the ressies either?

Don't believe the best players Doona (Tat's that it, Seymour's were a very accurate reflection on the game). If Tige wasn't in Tat's best 6 I'll eat my hat. Sure he wasn't interested in manning up but he did cut off several of the Lions' attacking forays and the margin would have been greater if he wasn't there.

Grandale said:
Don't believe the best players Doona (Tat's that it, Seymour's were a very accurate reflection on the game). If Tige wasn't in Tat's best 6 I'll eat my hat. Sure he wasn't interested in manning up but he did cut off several of the Lions' attacking forays and the margin would have been greater if he wasn't there.

Cheers mate got a few I see . . . . any reports come outa the 2's? How bad is the injury list, you just might sneak a call-up

i have actually heard you have recently come across a spot of form. now dont get your hopes up but i have also heard that the 2's coach has had a quiet word to Gleeso in regards to your current form, stating, and i quote "one of the smoothest and most talented men to take to the memorial oval, and a top class bloke too". i myself have seen you play and have absolutly no doubt in my mind that you should be running around with names such as clayton, janz and hamill...... keep up the good work, i'm sure all the hours on the end of a cancer stick and toohey's red's will eventually pay off.

kanye said:
i have actually heard you have recently come across a spot of form. now dont get your hopes up but i have also heard that the 2's coach has had a quiet word to Gleeso in regards to your current form, stating, and i quote "one of the smoothest and most talented men to take to the memorial oval, and a top class bloke too". i myself have seen you play and have absolutly no doubt in my mind that you should be running around with names such as clayton, janz and hamill...... keep up the good work, i'm sure all the hours on the end of a cancer stick and toohey's red's will eventually pay off.
It's a cospiracy whip, a :D:D:D:Den travesty i would thought that when i seen you debut 16 years ago that you would have the first grade games record by now. Have you thought about switching to the Winnie blues.:mad:

head67 said:
Hey duff man 10 gls down to swans! No passion? Is my tenner in trouble? Or is there a lot more injuries down at the memorial than i'm seeing on this site?

Yours and my tenner are in trouble, was a few out on the weekend, and they will bounce back [ I Hope] .

Does anyone out there rate Mooroopna at all, or are you waiting to see how they go versus Euroa and Seymour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duff Man said:
Yours and my tenner are in trouble, was a few out on the weekend, and they will bounce back [ I Hope] .
Waiting for the Thomson brs to play in the same team and will be making my way down to watch a game or two Duff Man. In what looks to be a fairly even top 3 or 4, injuries will play a big part. I hope the pies injury run is done with.

Junkie said:

Junkie and Duffman i think you'll find that this place is a rumor mill! so if your gonna tell me to stick with the facts, then you better tell all the others "clowns" in here to as well!
as for bamford well... none of the other gv boys seems to know what happened to him, not even mr. daniels, would assume hes not to happy bout it! so questions should be asked!
"have you considered he may have had other commitments" well is it just me or shouldnt he be committed to the gv side for the whole weekend? if if cant fully commit dont put your hand up. sure white hurt his hand, and may have needed a ride back, but theres other ways round it! im sticking to my initial thoughts - pretty poor effort!

TheJuddstarr#3 said:
Junkie and Duffman i think you'll find that this place is a rumor mill! so if your gonna tell me to stick with the facts, then you better tell all the others "clowns" in here to as well!
Junkie was telling you how many times a side had played finals in the last 10 years. That's got nothing to do with rumours and only concerns fact.

Cameo King said:
That Watson bloke who plays for the losing GF side last year, skipper even. What's the verdict on him as a player?
Very handy player for us as he can play at either end of the ground and he is rarely beaten on the field. A terrific leader and important player to our side.

thereoffandracing said:
Rowan Priest of Benalla would have polled well in the first 3 weeks, apparently he was a little quite against the bears, he would be leading at the end of round 4 for mine

I thought he missed the first few games.

TheJuddstarr#3 said:
as for bamford well... none of the other gv boys seems to know what happened to him, not even mr. daniels, would assume hes not to happy bout it! so questions should be asked!
"have you considered he may have had other commitments" well is it just me or shouldnt he be committed to the gv side for the whole weekend? if if cant fully commit dont put your hand up. sure white hurt his hand, and may have needed a ride back, but theres other ways round it! im sticking to my initial thoughts - pretty poor effort!

You continue to confirm your status with every post:rolleyes: You clearly know the reason Bamford left yet continue to question it. Was Clarke supposed to change the gears with his teeth? As TuskenRaider has already mentioned facts can only be considered when talking about the number of times a team has played finals.

I think its time for you to head back to the circus:eek:

What's goin on here fella's, just found this thread on page 2 . . . . very ordinary effort by all involved!!!

Junkie said:
You continue to confirm your status with every post:rolleyes: You clearly know the reason Bamford left yet continue to question it. Was Clarke supposed to change the gears with his teeth? As TuskenRaider has already mentioned facts can only be considered when talking about the number of times a team has played finals.

I think its time for you to head back to the circus:eek:

I'm sure that Clarke probably can't change gears with his teeth but what was stopping him from waiting until after the 3rd game was finished before going back to Melbourne?? That way Bamford could of played.

So from what I can gather the reason that Bamford missed the 3rd game was to drive Clarke back to Melbourne... if so that is nothing short of pathetic and Bamford should never be considered for interleague duties again:thumbsdown:

Josh Wilson !?!?...is he there yet :confused:
Now what has happened w new recruit...ruckman @ shep swans Josh Wilson.Is he even playing !?!? CAN ANYONE TELL ME on the goings on of him.Having seen him during the recent darwin season w wanderers just interested to see how he's going the big guy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad