Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Doona2 said:
Cheers mate got a few I see . . . . any reports come outa the 2's? How bad is the injury list, you just might sneak a call-up

No reports, not that there should have been though. FBP and Tige19 were hardly gunna do any damage to one another with what they were throwing around.
Re injuries, Thomson has busted his thumb, so he'll be missing for about 8 weeks (back just in time for Twos finals). Not sure how bad Pemberton's knee is but you wouldn't expect him to play this week and as gallant as Van Riet was playing out the second half injured last week it will probably mean he's no good for this week.
That said, Chopper Reid, B Liddell and the Duck (P King) should return with Jake Anderson and Bobby Douglas some sort of chance.
So, in answer to your question Doon, my return to senior ranks will have to wait at least one more week.

Grandale said:
No reports, not that there should have been though. FBP and Tige19 were hardly gunna do any damage to one another with what they were throwing around.
Re injuries, Thomson has busted his thumb, so he'll be missing for about 8 weeks (back just in time for Twos finals). Not sure how bad Pemberton's knee is but you wouldn't expect him to play this week and as gallant as Van Riet was playing out the second half injured last week it will probably mean he's no good for this week.
That said, Chopper Reid, B Liddell and the Duck (P King) should return with Jake Anderson and Bobby Douglas some sort of chance.
So, in answer to your question Doon, my return to senior ranks will have to wait at least one more week.

Fair summation Grandy, tell me Chipper Douglas is coming back via the magoo's aint he? I know how much he is looking forward to a run alongside the in form Bretty Spargo.

hey all, just wondering if yas could let me know all of the injured players and what their injuriers are from euroa, benalla and seymour and how far off they are from returning...... cheers...

PUP16 said:
hey all, just wondering if yas could let me know all of the injured players and what their injuriers are from euroa, benalla and seymour and how far off they are from returning...... cheers...

Great balls of fire...pup you can tell us about Seymour can't ya...you're a boy from the den?

Interesting to see the 3 sides touted as top 3 (Sey, Eur and Ben) ravaged by injuries at the minute...could this be giving a false sense of security to other teams? Or could it be their downfall? Only time will tell...

"Sorry Goose, but its time to buzz the tower..."

half time lollies said:
I'm sure that Clarke probably can't change gears with his teeth but what was stopping him from waiting until after the 3rd game was finished before going back to Melbourne?? That way Bamford could of played.

So from what I can gather the reason that Bamford missed the 3rd game was to drive Clarke back to Melbourne... if so that is nothing short of pathetic and Bamford should never be considered for interleague duties again:thumbsdown:
There was no reason for Clarke to hang around for the 3rd game. It was pretty obvious that he was in a bit of pain and to be at a his own house was far better for him then being stuck in some dodgy motel room in albury.

Also I think you would find that it was Eric Bott that suggested Craig drive him back to Melbourne. So before you go slamming Bamford on this thread, get your facts right before mouthing off you clown.

Im pretty sure you would find Bamford decline interleague duties if he was ever asked to play for the gv side in the future as its a total waste of time playing in it.

FOOTYBOSS said:
There was no reason for Clarke to hang around for the 3rd game. It was pretty obvious that he was in a bit of pain and to be at a his own house was far better for him then being stuck in some dodgy motel room in albury.

Also I think you would find that it was Eric Bott that suggested Craig drive him back to Melbourne. So before you go slamming Bamford on this thread, get your facts right before mouthing off you clown.

Im pretty sure you would find Bamford decline interleague duties if he was ever asked to play for the gv side in the future as its a total waste of time playing in it.

I actually spoke to Eric at the weekend and the story your spinning doesn't really resemble what Eric told me but hey Eric could of been lying and me what would I know I'm only a clown.

So I would suggest that I do have my facts right and as for your version I suppose that is what you were told by CRAIG to attempt to make himself look a little better. All in all a pretty ordinary effort from CRAIG!

FOOTYBOSS said:

Hey big boss! Very surprised to hear u guys got spanked on the w'end. Would love to hear ur thoughts on the swannies. Are they that good? Do they have good players all over the ground followed by depth in the 2's? Who are the players to watch out for? There seems to be very little info on them so hope u can shed some light on these dark horses!

Chance said:
Hey big boss! Very surprised to hear u guys got spanked on the w'end. Would love to hear ur thoughts on the swannies. Are they that good? Do they have good players all over the ground followed by depth in the 2's? Who are the players to watch out for? There seems to be very little info on them so hope u can shed some light on these dark horses!

Good to see the swannies have stopped recruiting drug dealers (Triannidis) and are playing some good footy, makes for an even competition, ecspecially with the top sides showing a lack of depth at present..................

PUP16 said:

The latest reports out of Seymour are that S. Peterson has quit the club after his manager fielded calls from Mundine to a title fight dubbed 'the man v the lard' and Patrick Rattray will be out for up to 4 weeks recovering from a jaw reduction...no seriously...now him and Robbie Inness will look even more like twins..and they sound very similar, too, so it may be hard to tell them apart..Patty has bigger biceps..

T.Perry said:
The latest reports out of Seymour are that S. Peterson has quit the club after his manager fielded calls from Mundine to a title fight dubbed 'the man v the lard' and Patrick Rattray will be out for up to 4 weeks recovering from a jaw reduction...no seriously...now him and Robbie Inness will look even more like twins..and they sound very similar, too, so it may be hard to tell them apart..Patty has bigger biceps..

Mr Perry,

come on...give me some credit, i could be the machine...but i don't use energiser batteries or duracel, i use the crummy no-name ones you buy from the $2 shop...they don't last too long, throw a few hay makers then im out...

Must be that time of year for cosmetic surgery, my manager tells me you're going in to get a nose reduction? Word is when you run through the banner your nose does most of the damage to it, cos it goes through the banner 3 seconds before any other part of your body...and thats when you're sprinting.

Wonders if the GVFL contains anyone aside from Seymour and Euroa.... :)

What do people think of Mooroopna? Real Deal or year away yet?

Chance said:
I wouldnt under estimate the swans at all this year. They move the ball really well and looked to quick for us at times. McCarty off the wing was their most damaging player along with a little bloke Charlie Maher. They have height in the right areas. Simple fact was they were prepared to break the lines and back themselves which proved to be the difference. As for ddepth at the swans, if they get a few injuries to key players they will drop away. They dont have much running around in the twos. Sutherland is their key. I believe they will make the top 4 if they dont get injuries to major players.

half time lollies said:
So I would suggest that I do have my facts right and as for your version I suppose that is what you were told by CRAIG to attempt to make himself look a little better. All in all a pretty ordinary effort from CRAIG!
Their you go assuming again. It wasnt Craig that told me the story but in fact someone else who represented the gv that weekend. Honestly do who really cares if he played in that last game or not. The gv won didnt they. Finally who really cares about representing the gv anyway, its only a glorified jumper and money spinner for the leagues.

Why dont you have a crack at all the blokes that pulled out on the eve of the weekend, but somehow managed to be right for their clubs the week after. Look at those blokes before slagging off a guy who went out of his way to represent the gv and also travel to training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ECHUCABOY said:
ecspecially with the top sides showing a lack of depth at present..................
Lack of depth amongst the top teams... I think you will find the top 4 teams in the seniors, their reserves teams are in the 6 at the moment. SO depth isnt a problem. It does get harder by the week if people keep getting injured. Seymour and Euroa have quite a few top line players unable to play at the moment.

FOOTYBOSS said:
Lack of depth amongst the top teams... I think you will find the top 4 teams in the seniors, their reserves teams are in the 6 at the moment. SO depth isnt a problem. It does get harder by the week if people keep getting injured. Seymour and Euroa have quite a few top line players unable to play at the moment.

fair call bout euroa and seymour having a few out but dont leave benalla out of that mate they have there two best players out in porter and symes and now shiels and priest are out so i still believe benalla will be a contender i just cant wait till they get a full side on the park.

FOOTYBOSS said:

Injuries are a huge concern at Echuca at the moment, seems like they must be at many clubs. Echuca, Euroa, Benalla, Seymour and probably at other clubs who dont have too much input on this site.
Are the Swans and Moroopna the real deal or are they 2 sides maybe having a good run with injuries? The comp has been very even this year is it fair to assume minimal injuries will now be more crucial to a few middle sides chances of playing finals?

I see that the Swans could be a real force but there is one gigantic if-Sutherland stays focussed on the ball and disciplined and stops all the otherstuff he is gaining a reputation for.

nigel31 said:
fair call bout euroa and seymour having a few out but dont leave benalla out of that mate they have there two best players out in porter and symes and now shiels and priest are out so i still believe benalla will be a contender i just cant wait till they get a full side on the park.
Sorry I dont know much about Benalla. they will be very tough to beat with a full team on the paddock, but from what I have heard, I dont think depth is as strong as previous years.

No Left Foot. As alwyas the team that has the least injuries usually goes fairly good. I agree the comp has evened out a fair bit this year.

Heard last night that Kyabram may have parted ways with one of thier imported onballers. The majority of the players no longer want him at the club after an altercation with the Finn brothers on saturday night.

subtle hustle said:
Heard last night that Kyabram may have parted ways with one of thier imported onballers. The majority of the players no longer want him at the club after an altercation with the Finn brothers on saturday night.

Ciavola would be a safe guess there???

a.k.a. said:
Ciavola would be a safe guess there???

My sources tell me this is spot on. Interesting that it was due to an incident with the finn brothers, Josh, Trent and Matt; they can be three angry little men when they need to be!!!

Travvy43 said:
My sources tell me this is spot on. Interesting that it was due to an incident with the finn brothers, Josh, Trent and Matt; they can be three angry little men when they need to be!!!

Maybe they told him he's a short, fat, ugly man OR one of them hit on Princess Fiona and made him a bit angry...:rolleyes:

Travvy43 said:

I thought Neil and Tim were the Finn brothers.

Any truth to the Rory Hilton rumour following the Yarrawonga practice match. I heard some of the Rochy boys might have mentioned it on the ground the other week????

centreman said:
Any truth to the Rory Hilton rumour following the Yarrawonga practice match. I heard some of the Rochy boys might have mentioned it on the ground the other week????

Might help if you provide a few details knackers.... A rumour from 2 months ago:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad