Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Wiggum said:
He is definately coaching Benalla. Apparently he is talking to Aaron Henneman
Henneman will be playing at Keilor Park in the EDFL next year where Dean Rioli is coaching.

just a comparision question for interest - would the seymour back to back premiership sides of 2005-06 firsty beat the echuca back to back of 2001-02. or the tat of 03 and mansflied of 04?

has any1 heard who may be getting the united coaching position?

TheJuddstarr#3 said:
just a comparision question for interest - would the seymour back to back premiership sides of 2005-06 firsty beat the echuca back to back of 2001-02. or the tat of 03 and mansflied of 04?
Interesting, think they may have had Mansfield covered and Tat, but gee the Echuca sides of 01 and 02 were pretty damn good, Sholl was a cut above and young blokes like Archard, Height and Maddox were bloody good then and went on to bigger and better things. And Sheldon against Daniel would have been intriguing.

TheJuddstarr#3 said:
I would back Seymour to beat those Echuca sides and Tat, but I reckon Mansfield of 2004 would give them a run for their money. Still think Seymour would come out on top though.

RFCtigers_07 said:
Go Rochy premiers 2007. Gettin lots of players back, Benny Anderson and Ash Watson among others
Are these just the usual rumours circulating about these players every year, or are they actually heading back to Rochy to play. Has Dave Williams been confirmed as coach for the 07 season.

FOOTYBOSS said:
Are these just the usual rumours circulating about these players every year, or are they actually heading back to Rochy to play. Has Dave Williams been confirmed as coach for the 07 season.

Williams has been confirmed. Watson a certainty, with Anderson not far off. Couple other ex-afl players in loop as well. Will make rochy a powerful unit hopefully, weren't far off, but saying that, they were a long way off. Hopefully the comp will be even closer in 2007

Rushy Tiger said:
Williams has been confirmed. Watson a certainty, with Anderson not far off. Couple other ex-afl players in loop as well. Will make rochy a powerful unit hopefully, weren't far off, but saying that, they were a long way off. Hopefully the comp will be even closer in 2007

Not too sure how you can type that in the one sentence champ....

Is Anderson definitely heading back to Vic, regardless of lining up with Rochy?

Echuca's sides of 01 - 02 had 4 Morrison medal winners in it (Orr, Sholl, Archard and Durie). Dylan Butler quoted in th Shepp news a few weeks ago when asked regarding Seymour, that Echuca 01 was the best side he has ever played in better than VFL and WAFL sides he played in. Interesting argument and am sure evryone has a difference of opinion. If Seymour go 3 in a row they will have a no argument from any one, but for me Echuca 01. awesome side!!!

Footy08 said:
has any1 heard who may be getting the united coaching position?

Jason Cripps and Jason Mifsud. Daniel Harford have alll been mentioned

Can Shop said:
Heard a rumour Shane Woewodin :rolleyes:
Why did Hazelman only do the 1 year. Thought he would have been a monty to do the job next year, once he went down with his knee injury. He could focus all of his energy on coaching rather then playing and coaching. Any word on who has been appointed Echuca coach or who is the running for it? Maybe the long lost Echucaboy could give us some insight on this.

Doona anyword on who is taking over the reigns at Seymour next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Urple said:
Why did Hazelman only do the 1 year. Thought he would have been a monty to do the job next year, once he went down with his knee injury. He could focus all of his energy on coaching rather then playing and coaching. Any word on who has been appointed Echuca coach or who is the running for it? Maybe the long lost Echucaboy could give us some insight on this.

Doona anyword on who is taking over the reigns at Seymour next year?

From what I can gather he just wanted a total break from footy for 12 months. He sat on the sidelines as assistant through his first knee reco and did it tough and is a very competitive fella so thought it would be best for him and the club if he had a year off and away from footy. Having said I think the club was desperate for him to continue and would have signed him up for another five years if he was up for it.

Wondering why Woewodin? would give up playing with East Freo, a development role at the Dockers, leave his home town,move his family to live and coach in Shepparton. Some of these rumours are a bit far fetched. I'm sure Cripps and Misfud would be trying to get their bearings at the moment. I doubt Cripps wolud move from AFL and Misfud could be a bit over-rated anyhow.:confused:

Centreman, i heard United were very interested in Kent Kingsley if he doesn't get listed by an AFL club.

I also heard united have thrown big dollars at disgruntled Wodonga/Cobram/Mitta/footballer Darren Bradshaw.

ringo1 said:
Wondering why Woewodin? would give up playing with East Freo, a development role at the Dockers, leave his home town,move his family to live and coach in Shepparton. Some of these rumours are a bit far fetched. I'm sure Cripps and Misfud would be trying to get their bearings at the moment. I doubt Cripps wolud move from AFL and Misfud could be a bit over-rated anyhow.:confused:
Cripps might not have a say on whether he will move on from AFL circles, he might get told by Lyon his services are no longer wanted. As for Woewodin mate, all tongue in cheek. Who is Mifsud anyway???

:thumbsu: Cripps and Misfud both got shown the door after the appointment of Lyon- Misfud coached Koroit down our way and was to coach Hamilton but pulled out early in the year after getting the St.Kilda role.PS u got me there Lobster

daisy_train said:
Centreman, i heard United were very interested in Kent Kingsley if he doesn't get listed by an AFL club.

I also heard united have thrown big dollars at disgruntled Wodonga/Cobram/Mitta/footballer Darren Bradshaw.

Kingsley has been mentioned in some circles at Demonland from what I'm led to believe. I think the met wit him at the weekend, just informally. I doubt they would go for Bradshaw. They seem to be working very hard to build the right sort of image and to be fair Forys is a much better player than Bradshaw anyway.

What are you saying about Bradshaw? he's not a quality bloke?

As for Kingsley that would be a massive coup for United, they could then have two overrated forwards.

daisy_train said:
What are you saying about Bradshaw? he's not a quality bloke?

As for Kingsley that would be a massive coup for United, they could then have two overrated forwards.

Regardless of what you think about kent kinglsey he would be a tremendous player in the Gv. Mensch was much-maligned by Geelong fans but no-one could question the impact he had on the competition.

As for suggesting Forys is overated. You obviously haven't seen him play. He is plain and simply a star

Demon's 'grave mistake'
The Age - Monday October 16th 2006

David Williams played 67 games for Melbourne in the mid-1980s but missed playing in the one he really wanted to be part of, being dropped for the 1987 preliminary final against Hawthorn when Jim Stynes infamously ran across the mark of Gary Buckenara, costing his team the match. Well, 19 years later and coach John Northey has acknowledged the axing was a grave mistake, admitting as much at a function at Rochester in Northern Victoria to honour Williams, who has coached his hometown for the past 15 years. What's more, former Demon captain Robbie Flower told the gathering of 350 that Williams' axing was his greatest disappointment in football and firmly believes that had he played that day the result would have been different.

Garry Lyon and Noel McMahen also attended the function, hosted by Brad McEwan. There were video tributes from Ron Barassi, Kevin Bartlett, John Northey, Crackers Keenan, Chris Connally, Cameron Schwab, Kelly O'Donnell, Earl Spalding, Barry Connally, Steve Ash, Des Campbell and Kayne Pettifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad