Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Centreman - whats the chances of united keeping steve hazelman on there list in 2008 if he has severed ties with the club for 2007. I'm sure the swans would find some money to throw at him to get him down to the park.

Can Shop said:
Centreman - whats the chances of united keeping steve hazelman on there list in 2008 if he has severed ties with the club for 2007. I'm sure the swans would find some money to throw at him to get him down to the park.

I'm really not that close to it to be honest, I don't think for a second he has severed ties with the club. Purely stepped down from his coaching role during rehabilitation. He's having a year off footy and beyond that is anyone's guess I suppose. He stays a registered player I suppose. I suppose if he plays again in the GV he'll be up for grabs for sure, but I don't think that's on his radar at the moment. From what I gather second and third hand.

[Please don't make reference to centremans sexual preferences on this website]

are you the "Big H" of the Goulburn Valley?

Ryan looks at year off
October 20 2006
Shepparton News

Former Tatura coach Travis Ryan has refused to rule out walking away from the game for 12 months, after withdrawing his interest in the vacant Euroa job.

Ryan, who stood down from the Bulldogs' top job last month, had been in negotiations with the Magpies.

"I couldn't commit to a twoyear deal," said the triplepremiership player.

"I didn't want to say I would do it for two years, then pull the pin after one.

"That would be doing the wrong thing by the club."

Ryan said he has been approached by several clubs about coaching, both GVFL and district league, but now seems unlikely to take on a role.

The 34-year-old has been limited by an ankle injury during the past two seasons, and will visit his surgeon next Tuesday, where he will find out more about how his recovery is progressing.

If he gets the all-clear, there is a possibility he will resume his playing career, but he won't make a final decision until early 2007.

"I'll see what happens after Christmas, and see what bobs up."

However, he has ruled out playing with Tatura.

The decision by Ryan to end talks with Euroa leaves the Magpies still hunting for a replacement for David Gleeson.

"We need a coach for two, and even three years," president Xavier Thomson said.

"We'll have to go and chase someone else."

Thomson remains surprised at the lack of interest in the position.

"We thought they'd be coming from everywhere."

Is there somethign going on at euroa that no one wants to coach them??? With the list they had i thought the town would still be pretty confident in them even though they had a injury riddled year this year.............. Urple any update......

What about Rory Hilton? What are his plans for next year. I heard they paid him a bucket load this year. Shane Clayton too!!

centreman said:
Can't argue with that. But Bradshaw's committment level is highly questionable. Forys had a run at Hawthorn and at Williamstown never quite cracked it. Isn't really a footy head. If Bradshaw's last name was Smith he might not have got the look in he did. His brother made the path for him a little easier. Can't question the fact he did play a game though. They can't take that away from him

He got his look in after kicking more than 80 goals in about 14 games in the QAFL.
After he got the flick from Brissy he then kicked 97 goals in a season for West Adelaide. No matter what your "name" is you've still got to have ability to do that.

Puma Kings said:
What about Rory Hilton? What are his plans for next year. I heard they paid him a bucket load this year. Shane Clayton too!!
Well you heard wrong then donkey d i c k..... What you hear is just s h i t dribbling out of people mouths. So heck from this forum. You are useless.

By the way Rory has decided to retire from footy. His body is no good and he has to many other things going on his life to worry about footy.

Can Shop said:
Is there somethign going on at euroa that no one wants to coach them??? With the list they had i thought the town would still be pretty confident in them even though they had a injury riddled year this year.............. Urple any update......
If you read the article properly about Trav Ryan, he states that he cant commit to more than one year and as a club we want a coach that can commit for a minimum of 2 years. He was one of our 1st options, but we now have to re look at other people that have put in to coach us.

Ahhh Footyboss, always a pleasure to see you speak your mind.

Anyway, Rochy has advertised for a new assistant coach for 2007. Dirty has confirmed for next year and the club is set for a big recruiting drive (says the Deledio News).

Former players Mark Watson, Carl Moon and Brad Major are all set to return. All are solid, experienced senior players.

ringo1 said:
Echuca has spoken to two coaches but believe that they are'nt that happy with them and are speaking to another two this week. Personal opinion is that it has been a closed shop to outsiders and it might be time to get some new blood in. There are plenty of people in the area that could do a good job so perhaps that could be an angle to take.The Ky closing job is far too late and all this does is slow the recruiting process.There have been plenty of ex AFL players that have failed as coaches son sometimesthe local bloke is a better bet.

I heard that Echuca are only after a 'big name' coach ie a Sheldon. Reason being so they can attract some big names back to the club.

What is the word on R.Archard, B.Wilson,S.Murphy and A.Baker all returning to the club? Is there any truth to this?

Doozy_Man said:
I heard that Echuca are only after a 'big name' coach ie a Sheldon. Reason being so they can attract some big names back to the club.

What is the word on R.Archard, B.Wilson,S.Murphy and A.Baker all returning to the club? Is there any truth to this?

Doozy I think Archard is still contracted to Sth Adelaide and will stay. Wilson has had a great year in WA-(job is a concern he may have written an article for the local paper up in Echuca a few weeks ago). Baker was on big bucks at United but the word is that they may lose a few key players but I thought he would stay there. Heard nothing about Murphy at this stage. Any move with Archard would also involve his good mate Scott McGlone. Believe Josh Edgar has been offered huge money by Leitchville-Gunbower.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bradrowe#32 said:
Ahhh Footyboss, always a pleasure to see you speak your mind.

Anyway, Rochy has advertised for a new assistant coach for 2007. Dirty has confirmed for next year and the club is set for a big recruiting drive (says the Deledio News).

Former players Mark Watson, Carl Moon and Brad Major are all set to return. All are solid, experienced senior players.
Thanks rowey...

Sounds like some positives are coming out of rochy way, with a few boys coming back to help out the promising youngsters.

Grandale said:
He got his look in after kicking more than 80 goals in about 14 games in the QAFL.
After he got the flick from Brissy he then kicked 97 goals in a season for West Adelaide. No matter what your "name" is you've still got to have ability to do that.

Agree Grandale. Couldn't argue with that. Great player from an amazingly skilled family, but he's unfortunately lost his way and would take a whole heap of work for him to regain respect i'd reckon.

FOOTYBOSS said:
If you read the article properly about Trav Ryan, he states that he cant commit to more than one year and as a club we want a coach that can commit for a minimum of 2 years. He was one of our 1st options, but we now have to re look at other people that have put in to coach us.

It's amazing the lack of interest in all jobs at the moment. I would have thought at least three clubs would have people knocking down the door to coach them.

just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything on the seymour lions, lots of rumours a few players won't be there next year as well as the coach. Are they hoping to bolster their side for a crack at the three peat??

jazzy said:
just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything on the seymour lions, lots of rumours a few players won't be there next year as well as the coach. Are they hoping to bolster their side for a crack at the three peat??

The coach is gone and Mark Pilling has also left.

That's pretty much it isn't it? There have been a few rumours, but nothing solid.

Heard the Colbert (north melbourne) connection with Echuca again earlier this week for the coaching job. Not sure if it is old news that bobs its head up from time to time.

Whats the latest with Kirby at Tatura?

Travvy43 said:
Heard the Colbert (north melbourne) connection with Echuca again earlier this week for the coaching job. Not sure if it is old news that bobs its head up from time to time.

At least three O and M clubs - Albury, Wodonga and Wangaratta - trying for Kirby.

Can Shop said:
Echuca asked paul brown ex geelong to do it and he said no

Wayne Campbell has been mentioned in dispatches at Echuca but I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Travvy43 said:

Travvy I think Colbert is just a rumour-I assume he has a good job in the media so I would think it would be hard to leave that. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad