Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

You Know It said:
can you elaborate on who these are?? who is, or are, thr front runners??

Brendan Bicknall (spelling), former shepp boy has been mentioned as one candidate.

Hilton quits Magpies

By Steve King
October 26 2006
Shepparton News

Less than 12 months after arriving amid much fanfare at Memorial Park, former AFL star Rory Hilton has quit Goulburn Valley Football League club Euroa.

Hilton, a Magpie junior, played 14 games in a disappointing season at Memorial Park, during which the club slid from grand finalists last year to outside the finals this year.

"I can't play at Euroa because of work and study," Hilton, who works as a property valuer and also studies full-time in Melbourne, said.

"I've just got too much on."

Hilton returned to the club following 91 matches with Brisbane and Richmond and was trumpeted as the final piece in the Magpies premiership puzzle, however injury hampered him for much of the season, giving local football fans little glimpse of the ability which took him to the game's highest level.

"It was just another year of footy," Hilton said, referring to his constant battle with injury, which also punctuated his AFL career.

"It was good to go back, but it was disappointing how it ended, both personally, and from a team perspective.

"But the club have been fantastic to me."

The 27 year-old said he was unlikely to pull on the boots next year, but would "play again at some stage".

ringo1 said:
I'm sure he would do a good job but why don't they get someone from outside? The club has been far too internal of late. Same blokes coaching, on selection, and in other roles.:confused:

Why don't you ask a few of these blokes in charge Ringo1? Surely you must know someone down at Echuca given your ties to the town. Maybe you could call someone during your free period.

Oh, and jump off the Wilson bandwagon. I think he's starting to develop a crush on you ;)

Pace is an Asset said:
Why don't you ask a few of these blokes in charge Ringo1? Surely you must know someone down at Echuca given your ties to the town. Maybe you could call someone during your free period.

Oh, and jump off the Wilson bandwagon. I think he's starting to develop a crush on you ;)

Mate I don't know what your on about. I only visit the town for a bit of r&r and have no ties with the club or town. As for Wilson i've only been fair and accurate with my summation-a player with some ability but yet to step-up and thats because I saw him play once and kick 5-in fact would have liked him to come down to Port Fairy and play under Brad Sholl. As for his sexual orientation thats his business. Just like to keep an eye on potential recruits:confused:

slim18 said:
Todays Border mail. Mcfarlaine to coach again and Porter confirmed at Benalla
According to club president.
Don't count on Porter being there as the coin has run out!!!:p

ringo1 said:
Mate I don't know what your on about. I only visit the town for a bit of r&r and have no ties with the club or town. As for Wilson i've only been fair and accurate with my summation-a player with some ability but yet to step-up and thats because I saw him play once and kick 5-in fact would have liked him to come down to Port Fairy and play under Brad Sholl. As for his sexual orientation thats his business. Just like to keep an eye on potential recruits:confused:

i've been talking to one of wilsons best mates this week who i am mates with and he reckons ringo1 and doozy man are both infact ben wilson. ringo 1 can you elaborate on this. and i stick to my opinion that wilson is nothing but a two's player, otherwise known as a fringe line player

Doona2 said:
Hilton quits Magpies

By Steve King
October 26 2006
Shepparton News

Less than 12 months after arriving amid much fanfare at Memorial Park, former AFL star Rory Hilton has quit Goulburn Valley Football League club Euroa.

Hilton, a Magpie junior, played 14 games in a disappointing season at Memorial Park, during which the club slid from grand finalists last year to outside the finals this year.

"I can't play at Euroa because of work and study," Hilton, who works as a property valuer and also studies full-time in Melbourne, said.

"I've just got too much on."

Hilton returned to the club following 91 matches with Brisbane and Richmond and was trumpeted as the final piece in the Magpies premiership puzzle, however injury hampered him for much of the season, giving local football fans little glimpse of the ability which took him to the game's highest level.

"It was just another year of footy," Hilton said, referring to his constant battle with injury, which also punctuated his AFL career.

"It was good to go back, but it was disappointing how it ended, both personally, and from a team perspective.

"But the club have been fantastic to me."

The 27 year-old said he was unlikely to pull on the boots next year, but would "play again at some stage".

FOOTYBOSS you might be able to answer this how many senior players will not be lining up for the pies next year, it sounds like there could be a few leaving.

and will Dan Thomson be lining up again next year because i know bomber is going back to play at Narrandera.

Singh walks

Balraj Singh

October 27 2006
Shepparton News

Mooroopna spearhead Balraj Singh has quit Goulburn Valley Football League club Mooroopna.
Singh, who kicked 155 goals in 35 games with the Cats, has told The News he will be playing elsewhere in 2007.

But he hasn't ruled out a return to the region.

"I'm weighing up a number of options," Singh, the GVFL's leading goalkicker this year, said.

"I'm looking for a club who will also be able to find me employment."

Melbourne-based Singh confirmed he was in talks with at least eight clubs, including several in the country, but said he had enjoyed his time at Mooroopna after arriving at the Cattery on the eve of the 2005 season.

"I wouldn't give it away for anything," Singh, a former Adelaide draftee, said of his time at Mooroopna.

"I've really enjoyed playing footy at a great club, where I had the respect of the board and the supporters."

Mooroopna president Greg Freer said the club was disappointed, but not surprised by the news.

"He's obviously been a very good player and focal point," Freer said.

Cats coach Derek Hall said Singh's departure would be hard to cover.

"It'll be a blow," Hall said.

"Ninety goals out of any side is going to hurt."

And Hall said he wouldn't be surprised where Singh played.

"He could lob anywhere," Hall said.
-------------

haha I liked the last qoute the best. you're on the money there derek. he could lob anywhere, but my guess is that it'll be with the club that is offering the most. oh well - good on him I guess. if you can get it why not?? honestly though, do ya think big balrag gives a rats about team success or is it soley all about the coin??

jmain14 said:
Singh walks

Balraj Singh

October 27 2006
Shepparton News

Mooroopna spearhead Balraj Singh has quit Goulburn Valley Football League club Mooroopna.
Singh, who kicked 155 goals in 35 games with the Cats, has told The News he will be playing elsewhere in 2007.

But he hasn't ruled out a return to the region.

"I'm weighing up a number of options," Singh, the GVFL's leading goalkicker this year, said.

"I'm looking for a club who will also be able to find me employment."

Melbourne-based Singh confirmed he was in talks with at least eight clubs, including several in the country, but said he had enjoyed his time at Mooroopna after arriving at the Cattery on the eve of the 2005 season.

"I wouldn't give it away for anything," Singh, a former Adelaide draftee, said of his time at Mooroopna.

"I've really enjoyed playing footy at a great club, where I had the respect of the board and the supporters."

Mooroopna president Greg Freer said the club was disappointed, but not surprised by the news.

"He's obviously been a very good player and focal point," Freer said.

Cats coach Derek Hall said Singh's departure would be hard to cover.

"It'll be a blow," Hall said.

"Ninety goals out of any side is going to hurt."

And Hall said he wouldn't be surprised where Singh played.

"He could lob anywhere," Hall said.
-------------

haha I liked the last qoute the best. you're on the money there derek. he could lob anywhere, but my guess is that it'll be with the club that is offering the most. oh well - good on him I guess. if you can get it why not?? honestly though, do ya think big balrag gives a rats about team success or is it soley all about the coin??

That is a friggin disgrace. It's exactly this attitude that is killing footy clubs. He outta be ashamed of himself. This bloke will end his footy career with no mates.... sadly there's plenty just like him.

Il Naso De Gastev said:
That is a friggin disgrace. It's exactly this attitude that is killing footy clubs. He outta be ashamed of himself. This bloke will end his footy career with no mates.... sadly there's plenty just like him.

What the **** ever happened to blokes finding their own friggin' jobs?
Young pricks today want to earn bucket loads without ever doing anything and when that doesn't happen they want some other sucker to find them a job anyway.
Balraj or Toerag?

The Flying Dutchman said:
i've been talking to one of wilsons best mates this week who i am mates with and he reckons ringo1 and doozy man are both infact ben wilson. ringo 1 can you elaborate on this. and i stick to my opinion that wilson is nothing but a two's player, otherwise known as a fringe line player

I can assure you that I'm not Wilson and don't know him personally and as I've said I think he has potential but he is no superstar. As 4 doozyman he could be Wilson

Ahh big Singhy hey, had a chat to him out in Shepp one night and im still trying to figure out what he was saying to me. A very very intellegent bloke....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jmain14 said:
Singh walks

Good to see you back mate. How's London?

As for Ballrag, does anyone see him still playing in the GV next year? Or will he go to a KDFL or MFL team with a bit of $?

bradrowe#32 said:

As for Ballrag, does anyone see him still playing in the GV next year? Or will he go to a KDFL or MFL team with a bit of $?

I can't see how KDFL clubs would have more money than GV or O&M clubs to pay for Singh.

Barooga and Echuca United are big spenders (by reputation anyway) in the Murray League.

How much would he command a game? $800 to $1000?

journeyman said:
I can't see how KDFL clubs would have more money than GV or O&M clubs to pay for Singh.

Barooga and Echuca United are big spenders (by reputation anyway) in the Murray League.

How much would he command a game? $800 to $1000?

I only go by what I hear, nothing factual, but apparently Girgarre spent $100,00+ last year.

I think leading the GV goalkicking will increase his price a bit. Those figures wouldn't suprise me.

bradrowe#32 said:
I only go by what I hear, nothing factual, but apparently Girgarre spent $100,00+ last year.

I think leading the GV goalkicking will increase his price a bit. Those figures wouldn't suprise me.

Most GV clubs would have to spend $100,000 to compete wouldn't they? I realise there are exceptions.

Balranald, in Central-Murray League, is well-known for throwing cash around. If he's purely in it for money, it could be the club for him.

journeyman said:
Most GV clubs would have to spend $100,000 to compete wouldn't they? I realise there are exceptions.

Balranald, in Central-Murray League, is well-known for throwing cash around. If he's purely in it for money, it could be the club for him.

Money Choices-top 5?
1. Balranald
2. Echuca United
3. Barooga
4. Sth Warrnambool
5.Lavington

bradrowe#32 said:

Although it's pretty common knowledge that Girgarre p i s s e d a fair bit of $ up the wall this year, I think $60,000 is closer to the mark - I don't think ANY club in the KDL ever would ever be able to raise $100K..

Those prices are about what Balraj would command - don't be surprised to see him in a bulldog jumper in 07..

How come there are no GV sides in your top 5 ringo?? Would've thought Seymour, Euroa, Benalla and Mooroopna would have all paid out more than Echuca United, Barooga, etc this year..

ringo1 said:
Money Choices-top 5?
1. Balranald
2. Echuca United
3. Barooga
4. Sth Warrnambool
5.Lavington

Whats about Shepparton Swans...... He could go play under Peter White who was his assistant coach at mooroopna last year.

I hear that Stevie D from Seymour is a good chance to be coaching the North Ballarat Roosters next year. He is getting interviewed this week along with Darryn Cresswell the former Sydney Swan who tipped to get the Tassie Devil's top job.

roaring tiger said:
I hear that Stevie D from Seymour is a good chance to be coaching the North Ballarat Roosters next year. He is getting interviewed this week along with Darryn Cresswell the former Sydney Swan who tipped to get the Tassie Devil's top job.

No doubt he would have started that rumour himself

bradrowe#32 said:

Griffith Swans signed him for 1k a game and he still flew the nest after the 2 games there was rumors that the man also recieved a sign on fee and recieved help with his relocation. Have not seen the man play, but his stats are good. Probably only matched by his mercenary stats:eek:

Can Shop said:
Whats about Shepparton Swans...... He could go play under Peter White who was his assistant coach at mooroopna last year.

That would be my initial thought, hima nd chap hada pretty good relationship during their time at the cats. Who knows though, the swans may already have theeir funds committeed elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad