Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Doona, being the new broady coach, will you be trying to poach lots of gv 2's players? I do know u know some players from Seymour and Euroa and I assume u will be throwing cash at em to entice em to play with u? Names such as Inness, Spargo, Mills etc?

FOOTYBOSS said:
Tige, any news on what is happening at Tatura next year mate. Are you and Willoughby staying put or entertaining ideas of leaving and joing either another GVFL club or heading back to Melbourne to play.

Gday mate,

Yeah looks fialry unlikely that we will be heading back to Tat next year, if Trav Ryan was coaching then all the boys would have stuck together noone would have left and there would have been probably another 3 or 4 of us come from Melbourne including one of our good mates who has been given the flick from the Dogs.

The club looks like there really struggling to get a coach for next season and i think that has forced the issue with a alot of the boys. The way Trav Ryan was handled was preety poor and we where all shattered that he wasnt given another opportunity with some cattle on the field, i thought that was a poor effort.

In regards to where me and Willa are playing: Looks like where heading down the Neapean to play in the Mornington league, Willa and my self and 3 others heading down there. However should Trav Ryan and Tatura come together again sometime down the track maybe in a few season i would love to go back up there and play as its a fantastic club with great people.

Anymore news on the Euroa gig?? surely someone with some good credentials would put there name forward, the club has one if the best local football club player list going around. If i was a coach or a potential coach i would be throwing my hat in the ring for sure.

Anyway lads im out,

Cheers

Bit of news circulating in melbourne's western suburbs that links mark porter with hoppers crossing. Anyong know porters intentions in 07, has he indicated that he will be sticking with the saints.

FOOTYBOSS said:
That would make it 3 coaches in 3 years while they are chasing their 3rd flag.

i think your confusing numurkah with nathalia there, Numurkah haven't one a granny since 2000 i think. As far as i know Nathalia are sticking with brent smith for the attempt of the third flag.

bystanding backman said:
i think your confusing numurkah with nathalia there, Numurkah haven't one a granny since 2000 i think. As far as i know Nathalia are sticking with brent smith for the attempt of the third flag.
My apologies there. Got them confused.:thumbsu:

Travvy43 said:
Bit of news circulating in melbourne's western suburbs that links mark porter with hoppers crossing. Anyong know porters intentions in 07, has he indicated that he will be sticking with the saints.
Well Hoppers good ruckman in Puli did retire. They also have plenty of cash with their pokies. Wouldnt suprise me if they chuck a bit of coin his way. With all the rumours floating around about Benalla and in fighting, they well and truly could lose some players.

tige19 said:
Gday mate,

Yeah looks fialry unlikely that we will be heading back to Tat next year, if Trav Ryan was coaching then all the boys would have stuck together noone would have left and there would have been probably another 3 or 4 of us come from Melbourne including one of our good mates who has been given the flick from the Dogs.

The club looks like there really struggling to get a coach for next season and i think that has forced the issue with a alot of the boys. The way Trav Ryan was handled was preety poor and we where all shattered that he wasnt given another opportunity with some cattle on the field, i thought that was a poor effort.

In regards to where me and Willa are playing: Looks like where heading down the Neapean to play in the Mornington league, Willa and my self and 3 others heading down there. However should Trav Ryan and Tatura come together again sometime down the track maybe in a few season i would love to go back up there and play as its a fantastic club with great people.

Anymore news on the Euroa gig?? surely someone with some good credentials would put there name forward, the club has one if the best local football club player list going around. If i was a coach or a potential coach i would be throwing my hat in the ring for sure.

Anyway lads im out,

Cheers
Is the delisted bulldogs player Brad Murphy by any chance.

No more news on the Euroa gig mate, still talking to a few people. Should be finalised in the next couple of weeks hopefully.

Chance said:
Doona, being the new broady coach, will you be trying to poach lots of gv 2's players? I do know u know some players from Seymour and Euroa and I assume u will be throwing cash at em to entice em to play with u? Names such as Inness, Spargo, Mills etc?

Assume all you like Chance, but I would never begrudge anyone wanting to play a better standard of footy.

My focus is more towards Douglas & Schotty who owes me one for spewing on me carpet during a visit when I was living in QLD :thumbsu: i did have a brief chat to Matty Penn in the pizza shop at Yea last year on his way back from Mansfield - another one Im keen to get to Broady!!!

FOOTYBOSS said:
Well Hoppers good ruckman in Puli did retire. They also have plenty of cash with their pokies. Wouldnt suprise me if they chuck a bit of coin his way. With all the rumours floating around about Benalla and in fighting, they well and truly could lose some players.

Yeah Puli retired and their other ruckman venner on the move from what i hear.

All people from Benella are very quite, busy putting out spot fires maybe??

Travvy43 said:

Does anybody know of a David Gillespie from Shepparton United?

Is he anygood? C-H-B?

Matthew Pillios said:

Is he anygood? C-H-B?

Would go alright at Marby Matty, if that is what you are referring too.

Travvy43 said:

Venner staying on old mate. But not till half way through as achilles is no good apparently..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Pillios said:
How would he compare to a Aaron Willoughby from Tatura?

Willa isnt going to Marby mate, by next week will be signed up in Mornington so i would suggest not to waste your time and throw the coin at that bloke from Shepp.

Matthew Pillios said:

Is he anygood? C-H-B?

Aint he the guy who lost his cool and got sent off in the semi final at Kings Park against Benalla? Dunno if he is due to miss any games at the start of 2007

Doona2 said:
Aint he the guy who lost his cool and got sent off in the semi final at Kings Park against Benalla? Dunno if he is due to miss any games at the start of 2007

That would be him Doona, can play the game, but is loose cannon on the field, doesnt mind kicking(not necessarily the football) either.

Long time no see.............I cant believe all the reply's on old Benny Wilson, knowing the greatman he will no doubt be using this thread for wacking material for the next few years...........;)

Some interesting rumours floating around Echuca FNC at the moment, be good to hear what becomes of them....

Yeah Willo will be printing these last few pages out and using them as c_m rags for the next 6 months...

Rumour has it Echuca's settled on a coach, an announcement to be made shortly...

PENGUIN said:
Yeah Willo will be printing these last few pages out and using them as c_m rags for the next 6 months...

Rumour has it Echuca's settled on a coach, an announcement to be made shortly...

Strong rumours are that the senior coach is Stephen Orr.

Heard some developments on the Kyabram position. A local group have put in to coach, beleive to be Josh finn, Paul Newman and Paul Burnett. All three would like to be joint senior coach and have strong off-field support. Not sure who the off field support would be however some old experience heads including laurie casy and dodger ryan would come to mind straight away.

Doozy_Man said:

I'm sure he would do a good job but why don't they get someone from outside? The club has been far too internal of late. Same blokes coaching, on selection, and in other roles.:confused:

ringo1 said:
I'm sure he would do a good job but why don't they get someone from outside? The club has been far too internal of late. Same blokes coaching, on selection, and in other roles.:confused:

Orr confirmed as new Echuca coach.
Ky has five applications for their job.

tige19 said:
Willa isnt going to Marby mate, by next week will be signed up in Mornington so i would suggest not to waste your time and throw the coin at that bloke from Shepp.

I know where Willo is going mate, thanks.

Can I ask you again.

How does Dave rate compared to Willo as a footballer?

They are both C-H-Backs.

Doozy_Man said:

BREAKING NEWS: Echuca appoints new coach

New coach:Steven Orr

By Steve King
October 26 2006
Shepparton News

Club legend Steven Orr has been appointed coach of Goulburn Valley Football League club Echuca.

Orr, the 1997 Morrison Medalist and member of the Murray Bombers Team of the Century, replaces Dylan Butler, who stood down at the end of the season after two years in the role.

The 34 year-old, who ended his career with the Murray Bombers following the grand final loss to Tatura in 2003, is looking forward to the challenge.

``It's a good opportunity,'' Orr, a triple premiership player, said.

``I've been thinking about coaching for a few years, especially during the time Ken Sheldon was coach here.''

``I'm looking forward to getting underway.''

The Murray Bombers have been missing from finals action since 2004 and Orr is confident only a few changes are needed to the list for the club to again be a contender.

``We'll have minimal outgoings,'' Orr said, with Butler expected to remain with the club.

``But we're on the hunt for a few profile players.''

Orr is now on the lookout for a playing assistant coach, and hopes to have the position filled within the month.

The appointment of Orr ushers in a new era for the Murray Bombers, with Leo Welch replacing Glenn Roberts as president.

Welch is confident the appointment of Orr is a positive one.

``He is a highly decorated and very well respected past player,'' Welch said.

``I'm sure Steve will have a great impact on our playing group as we feel he
is the ideal role model to coach our club.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad