Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

How is Shep United shaping for 2007? Have they started pre-season? Who will be their major signings and who are they chasing?

United have not got on the move as yet... they are still deciding on a new senior coach... they are taking there time which may be not a good thing for the new coach as he wont have much time to prepare for the pre-season... good luck to them

turn up was good hank, a lot of new faces around. was a good meet and greet night with the coaches outlining their plans for the year, they have been working very hard to get the ball rolling in the right direction and by the sounds of things it's all positive for the club. of course there were a few missing due to playing up in darwin and the boys from melb not being able to come back, but all in all a good night.

Is Mark Adamson going round again for you blokes?

Is there a group of guys who play in the GVFL, but train together down in Melbourne? heard something about it, someone mentioned Arden St. Was wondering if that still goes on. Also if that didnt happen where do the Melbourne guys train during the week? Cheers.

Lookin to make your way to the GV cabbie? I heard a rumor a few weeks ago that you might be checkin out a few options up this way. You'll have to lay off those pub squashes though, I heard you indulged in a few on satdy night at your favorite night spot "One Bar".

Lookin to make your way to the GV cabbie? I heard a rumor a few weeks ago that you might be checkin out a few options up this way. You'll have to lay off those pub squashes though, I heard you indulged in a few on satdy night at your favorite night spot "One Bar".

Mate you know me too well. Todd did actually get me a lemon squash, which i handed to a pretty young thing standing next to me... They are good for something those pub squashes! I prefer beer though! Just keeping my options open, don't have any contacts at any GVFL club so wouldnt know where to start. Maybe i should follow you mate, where u heading? You dont mind playing out of a pocket next to me do you? haha

Sounds promising "You Know It". who were the recruits there. any big names running around at ky

atkins is back but he is up in darwin at the moment and the boys are workin on other potential recruits...its just great to see the local boys coming back and the amount of numbers that will be at the club next year. it will certainly be better than the 100plus turn over of reserves we had last year, it will provide for competition for spots in the seniors and a base to build on for next year and beyond.

Mate you know me too well. Todd did actually get me a lemon squash, which i handed to a pretty young thing standing next to me... They are good for something those pub squashes! I prefer beer though! Just keeping my options open, don't have any contacts at any GVFL club so wouldnt know where to start. Maybe i should follow you mate, where u heading? You dont mind playing out of a pocket next to me do you? haha

Don't worry cabbie I'll go in and get the hard pill for you, just try and keep inside the fence for the hand ball. Ha ha, just playin. I'm gunna have a crack at Ky and see how I go, but I've gotta get fit first.... big big challenge.

turn up was good hank, a lot of new faces around. was a good meet and greet night with the coaches outlining their plans for the year, they have been working very hard to get the ball rolling in the right direction and by the sounds of things it's all positive for the club. of course there were a few missing due to playing up in darwin and the boys from melb not being able to come back, but all in all a good night.

Good to hear, hope all goes well, see a few of the blokes are going alright in Darwin also, Barney got in best on weekend and Waratahs travelling alright. See Gareth Oughton only running around in the twos though.

Don't worry cabbie I'll go in and get the hard pill for you, just try and keep inside the fence for the hand ball. Ha ha, just playin. I'm gunna have a crack at Ky and see how I go, but I've gotta get fit first.... big big challenge.

Your first year at Ky?? who is Cabs?? One is my local, surely your scrapping the barrel if your going there for your saturday nights....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure that Paul Serra would be to happy with that appointment. im sure he would put his hand up for the U18 boys again next year, and has a great repour with the juniors n respect from every player.
obviously Steve cant coach both on the day though. only early days.
and um Steven King helping out... why? and what area would he be helpful in?

Paul will be right , T Perry got it a little wrong its the GVFL U17s against the Murry League later in the year at Deakin reserve before the bushies?

United have not got on the move as yet... they are still deciding on a new senior coach... they are taking there time which may be not a good thing for the new coach as he wont have much time to prepare for the pre-season... good luck to them

Word has it here from Geelong that Menchy's been on the hoota to the boys down in Demon land and Gav Hall signed as assistant coach! :eek:

Just rephrasing "You Know It" about the recruits. all sounds fantastic what you said but for a team that finished second last you need some pretty big name recruits to move up the ladder. were these guys not at training

Your first year at Ky?? who is Cabs?? One is my local, surely your scrapping the barrel if your going there for your saturday nights....

Haha yeh its an ordinary place at the best of times. Somehow on those messy messy nights it seems like a good option on the way home. But it never is! I play down in Melb mate... but would love to have a run with my old mate King of Ling, aka the shout dodger!

Decision on whether he plays in Violet Town or Benalla next year was being made today.
Also heard around the traps that hamill will not be playing at Euroa next year

Have heard that he has agreed to go to Benalla next year. Big gain for the saints.

As for Adrian Hamill, he is supposed to be going to Perth to live next year, but at the moment it looks highly doubtful he go there. If he is in the state he will be playing for Euroa.

Great news for united Signing Brad Hazelman as there new coach.. Hope he has a great year, good luck to him.

Yeah mate, thought it was time to have a crack and see how I go. I work in Ky so it's just easier to get to trainin and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad