Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Unique character I'd say.

was a ferocious player in this day, but slower than the bloke who works at the Shep News...someone Stephen King.

Any news on departures by Stott from the pies and Sharp from Benalla to the Towners?

Stott waves bye to Pies

November 22 2006
Shepparton News

The exodus of players from Memorial Oval continues with Euroa vice-captain Wes Stott quitting the Goulburn Valley Football League club.

Stott, who joined the Magpies from Camperdown in 2001, has been a key component in the Magpies' and the league's midfields.

"I'm looking for a new challenge," Stott, who played more than 100 games with Euroa, said of his decision.

However, a decision is yet to be made on where that new challenge lies, with rival club Benalla and Kyabram District Football League side Violet Town interested in the 29-year-old's services.

"I'm waiting on Benalla to appoint a coach before making a decision," Stott said.

"I'm still keen to play GVFL, but that may come down to whether my work allows me to."

Stott's friendship with Violet Town coach John Trotter may see him in a Lions jumper.

"I have a few other mates like Jack Smythe playing there," Stott said.

"And a few others from Euroa have indicated they'll be going to Violet Town."

Stott's departure is a further blow for the Magpies, who have already lost Daniel Sage, Ashley Thomson, Shannon Gibson, Nathan Gilliland and Rory Hilton.

Dohnt adds clout to Echuca's centre

By Christie Peucker
November 22 2006
Shepparton News

Echuca will boast one of the most formidable on-ball brigades in Goulburn Valley Football League next season with the club announcing the addition of Moama's Adrian Dohnt.

The handly midfielder has all but signed up for next year, and newly appointed coach Steven Orr believes it will make the Murray Bombers' centre a pretty attractive unit.

"He will certainly be a vital part of our midfield," Orr said.

"We've got pretty good onballers so it will be hard for other sides to matchup on us."

Joining the former Western Australian midfielder will be 18-yearold Troy Muir from Assumption College, Kilmore, and his older brother Grant, 22.

"It's ticking over nice and steady," Orr said.

"We've only lost the two Melbourne boys, Brett Howman and full-forward Stephen White."

Filling the void left by White will be the handy Sean Murphy who returns from overseas after kicking 60-odd goals two years ago.

The club is expected to appoint an assistant coach to Orr after Saturday's National AFL Draft.

Meanwhile, Moama has not reappointed this season's coach Paul Clarke.

"At this stage we are probably looking to employ a playing coach," club president Craig Beck said.

"We still have a couple to see before we make an appointment, but it should be within the next week."

Adrian Hickmott has been appointed as the Gippsland Power Coach and Development Manager (full time).

It would seem the Shepp Bears will struggle next year with some player departures is this a fair assumption or does anyone know of possible recruits for next season??

what do people think of tatura for next season, will they win a game at all:eek:
tatura will be down the bottom again. something like 10 players from their ones have left this year. haven't heard of any recruits for the dogs yet. anyone know of anything?

The concern Tat have at the moment is whether they will be able to field two sides let alone be competitive in the seniors.
So far there are no recruits just many outs, but you would think that a coach wouldnt be moving from interstate without already securing a few players to come with him. Mind you he is going to need more than just a few players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stott waves bye to Pies

November 22 2006
Shepparton News

The exodus of players from Memorial Oval continues with Euroa vice-captain Wes Stott quitting the Goulburn Valley Football League club.

Stott, who joined the Magpies from Camperdown in 2001, has been a key component in the Magpies' and the league's midfields.

"I'm looking for a new challenge," Stott, who played more than 100 games with Euroa, said of his decision.

However, a decision is yet to be made on where that new challenge lies, with rival club Benalla and Kyabram District Football League side Violet Town interested in the 29-year-old's services.

"I'm waiting on Benalla to appoint a coach before making a decision," Stott said.

"I'm still keen to play GVFL, but that may come down to whether my work allows me to."

Stott's friendship with Violet Town coach John Trotter may see him in a Lions jumper.

"I have a few other mates like Jack Smythe playing there," Stott said.

"And a few others from Euroa have indicated they'll be going to Violet Town."

Stott's departure is a further blow for the Magpies, who have already lost Daniel Sage, Ashley Thomson, Shannon Gibson, Nathan Gilliland and Rory Hilton.

All I can say is Sage isnt a definate yet. He hasnt put pen to paper with Barown Heads and after a gold weekend this week with Grainger, Shane and Mark Clayton, Damon Clarke and Mark Jansz. I wouldnt be suprised if he stayed at Euroa.

By the sounds of it, the league wont be as strong as last year. All we are hearing about is players leaving and not to many joining.

I thought Rumba re-appointed him not long ago? I must have got it wrong oh well he's closer to getting back to the big league now - where he wants to be

He was also interviewed for the North Ballarat Roosters senior job so I think he's been looking around for a while. Good luck to him, obviously has plenty to offer a higher standard and who knows could end up at a AFL in the near future :thumbsu:

By the sounds of it, the league wont be as strong as last year. All we are hearing about is players leaving and not to many joining.
THATS WHAT IS SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF PLAYERS HAVE BITTEN THE BULLET AND TRYING THEMSELVES AT OTHER LEAGUES. I HEAR MOOROOPNA HAVE LOST A FAIR FEW, MOST OF THE MELB BOYS AND SOME OTHER 1'S AND 2'S PLAYERS

THATS WHAT IS SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF PLAYERS HAVE BITTEN THE BULLET AND TRYING THEMSELVES AT OTHER LEAGUES. I HEAR MOOROOPNA HAVE LOST A FAIR FEW, MOST OF THE MELB BOYS AND SOME OTHER 1'S AND 2'S PLAYERS

It would be good to get a run down on who is leaving all clubs. This is a list I have got of players either definately leaving or rumoured to be leaving:

BENALLA: McFarlene, McKenzie, Porter, A.Stevens.
EUROA: Stott, Sage, Hilton, A.Thomson, Gilliland, Marshall, Hamill, Bamford.
SWANS: Bullen, Osborne, Warburton.
BEARS: Wells, Harrop, Byers.
UNTIED: S.Hazelman, Dawes, Gillespie, M.Sidebottom, Ralph.
ROCHESTOR: Bowen.
MOOROOPNA: Singh, Tremellen.
MANSFIELD: Walker x 2, Reynoldson.
TATURA: Pollard, Downey, Willoughby, Wellington, Kirby.
ECHUCA: White.
KYABRAM: Adamson, Taylor.
SEYMOUR: Amad, Bailey, Jake Anderson, Douglas, Van Riet, Saad, Gordon, Pilling.

i have heard the same thing. maybe they spent all their cash last year. but a few of the locals leaving was the one that surprised me. like i heard freer, laporta, neville, coad, mellington and maybe robbins. they all played ones last year

i have heard the same thing. maybe they spent all their cash last year. but a few of the locals leaving was the one that surprised me. like i heard freer, laporta, neville, coad, mellington and maybe robbins. they all played ones last year

How many games mellington play

As an oppostion supporter watching you this year im sure you are good enough to be playing full games at GVFL level but from all reports you missed a fair bit of pre-season then went missing for a few weeks during the year? Is that right?

It would be good to get a run down on who is leaving all clubs. This is a list I have got of players either definately leaving or rumoured to be leaving:

BENALLA: McFarlene, McKenzie, Porter, A.Stevens.
EUROA: Stott, Sage, Hilton, A.Thomson, Gilliland, Marshall, Hamill, Bamford.
SWANS: Bullen, Osborne, Warburton.
BEARS: Wells, Harrop, Byers.
UNTIED: S.Hazelman, Dawes, Gillespie, M.Sidebottom, Ralph.
ROCHESTOR: Bowen.
MOOROOPNA: Singh, Tremellen.
MANSFIELD: Walker x 2, Reynoldson.
TATURA: Pollard, Downey, Willoughby, Wellington, Kirby.
ECHUCA: White.
KYABRAM: Adamson, Taylor.
SEYMOUR: Amad, Bailey, Jake Anderson, Douglas, Van Riet, Saad, Gordon, Pilling.

Dawes. I don't think so mate. He's staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad