Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

What's the feeling amongst team mates boss are they dissapointed in stotty's move. Is a move to Benalla as bad as a move to Seymour or is the old rivalry dimming?

What's the feeling amongst team mates boss are they dissapointed in stotty's move. Is a move to Benalla as bad as a move to Seymour or is the old rivalry dimming?

Not to sure mate. Havent been to many training sessions to know what the feeling would be like. Personally I wasnt surprised about Stotty moving on once Dave got re appointed. Stotty didnt really see eye to eye with Dave. I will know more after a training session on 17th of December when the whole squad is reportedly supposed to get together for the 1st time since the season.

Im tipping everyone would be more disappointed if a bloke went to Seymour. Dont worry the rivalry is still there, but probably not what it used to be at. But then again the boys down the Hume have prevented Euroa from tasting premierships success 2 years in a row. 1st in the seniors then in the magoos this year.

Im tipping everyone would be more disappointed if a bloke went to Seymour. Dont worry the rivalry is still there, but probably not what it used to be at. But then again the boys down the Hume have prevented Euroa from tasting premierships success 2 years in a row. 1st in the seniors then in the magoos this year.

With all due respect to the Boss, he wasn't around when the rivalry was at its fiercest. Neither was I for that matter, but I can confirm the feelings between Seymour are nowehere near as icy as what they were 15 years ago when I played my first GVFL game.
The Maggies are still our least-loved rival, but it's not hatred like the old days.

With all due respect to the Boss, he wasn't around when the rivalry was at its fiercest. Neither was I for that matter, but I can confirm the feelings between Seymour are nowehere near as icy as what they were 15 years when I played my first GVFL game.
The Maggies are still our least-loved rival, but it's not hatred like the old days.
Yeah, its true! Intense rivalry is on the wane. Not just on the local scene, but the AFL as well. Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Essondon rivalry is nothing like it used to be 15 years ago. Its a pity.

Not to sure mate. Havent been to many training sessions to know what the feeling would be like. Personally I wasnt surprised about Stotty moving on once Dave got re appointed. Stotty didnt really see eye to eye with Dave. I will know more after a training session on 17th of December when the whole squad is reportedly supposed to get together for the 1st time since the season.

This stott character sounds like an arrogant tossa. Why would he wanna leave his club/teammates of the past 5-10 years to play against them? Why not just go to a different league?

With all due respect to the Boss, he wasn't around when the rivalry was at its fiercest. Neither was I for that matter, but I can confirm the feelings between Seymour are nowehere near as icy as what they were 15 years when I played my first GVFL game.

Very true and the fact a few of the Seymour boys used to play at the same club as a few of us Euroa boys means its more of a friendly rivalary now days.

Yeah, its true! Intense rivalry is on the wane. Not just on the local scene, but the AFL as well. Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Essondon rivalry is nothing like it used to be 15 years ago. Its a pity.

do you reckon it would have anything to do with the biff being outlawed pretty much and the men in white over umpiring, you never see a good old fashion blue on the field anymore.
in the words of reg regan "bring back the biff" would that fire up the rivalries again

do you reckon it would have anything to do with the biff being outlawed pretty much and the men in white over umpiring, you never see a good old fashion blue on the field anymore.
in the words of reg regan "bring back the biff" would that fire up the rivalries again
hell yeah mate! I cant remember who said it, but some afl coach said footy is becoming too much like netball. Too true.
I remember a while ago, the tigers - bulldogs rivalry lifted over the knights/libertore melee. Good stuff this. But the AFL hates it! Bring back the biffo and let the boys play footy like the old days I say!

It's the river, mate. Murray League clubs aren't shy when it comes to shelling out "Patrick" either

I think you're well off the mark. Apart from Barooga and Echuca United what other murray league clubs spend heaps of cash????

Barooga and Echuca United would be the only two clubs that would equal GVFL budgets, maybe Mulwala...

I think you're well off the mark. Apart from Barooga and Echuca United what other murray league clubs spend heaps of cash????

Barooga and Echuca United would be the only two clubs that would equal GVFL budgets, maybe Mulwala...

Mulwala definately, they spent twice Tonny's budget just on Stevens. but other than those 3 clubs doubt many others would get past 100G

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hell yeah mate! I cant remember who said it, but some afl coach said footy is becoming too much like netball. Too true.
I remember a while ago, the tigers - bulldogs rivalry lifted over the knights/libertore melee. Good stuff this. But the AFL hates it! Bring back the biffo and let the boys play footy like the old days I say!

Richmond & the Bulldogs hardly shared a rivalry. More like they just had some intense dislike towards each other for a couple of years around the time of that incident.

Carlton/Collingwood/Essendon/Richmond rivalries will kick in again once those sides are all competing up near the top of the ladder at the same time. Don't forget the rivalry of Essendon & Carlton pretty much at its zenith in 1999/2000. It's not that long ago. Maybe the perception that some opposition players are too friendly these days is part of the problem.

Agree with Grandale about the Seymour/Euroa rivalry. Even though they played a Grand Final against each other two years ago, it is diminished slightly.

hey all, just curious as to what is happening down at seymour, who's leaving? who's staying etc?? anyone heard any news??

With all due respect to the Boss, he wasn't around when the rivalry was at its fiercest. Neither was I for that matter, but I can confirm the feelings between Seymour are nowehere near as icy as what they were 15 years ago when I played my first GVFL game.
To true Grandale. 16 yrs ago the only thing we feared at Kings Park was the crowd:eek: :eek: We wern't disliked we were ********en hated. And the hill at memorial was very unforgiving.

So did u snavel a game in the 91' flag?

hey all, just curious as to what is happening down at seymour, who's leaving? who's staying etc?? anyone heard any news??

OUT - M Pilling , S Gordon , J Anderson , S Peterson , Coach SJ and Prez Coxy

In - L Jackson , P Ratray , and maybe C Ramsay , and new Prez S Locke.
We should be just as good as the last couple of years .:thumbsu:

OUT - M Pilling , S Gordon , J Anderson , S Peterson , Coach SJ and Prez Coxy

In - L Jackson , P Ratray , and maybe C Ramsay , and new Prez S Locke.
We should be just as good as the last couple of years .:thumbsu:
has anderson gone for sure? what bout b liddell

has anderson gone for sure? what bout b liddell

Jake has been asked to sign at Box Hill Hawks after a BOG the other night in a practice match , Brendan has been offerd good dollars and the assistant coachs role from the town he lives in.

going back on old new still find it hard that benalla let jock go even if there where problems and players unhappy he took benalla to there first granny in 30 years, i find it hard that players didnt like the way he coached, they made it to a granny.

going back on old new still find it hard that benalla let jock go even if there where problems and players unhappy he took benalla to there first granny in 30 years, i find it hard that players didnt like the way he coached, they made it to a granny.

The same thing that happened to the previous coach. The tail wagged the dog
Individuals should never be bigger than the club.

"Whatta ya gonna do when there's no one left blame"

You obviously don't know Jock very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad