Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Shannon Gibson, Rory Hilton, Nathan Gilliland, Wes Stott, Ash Thomson to just name a few.

craig marshall, adrian hammil, daniel sage massive losses as well as the names you mentioned but oh well cant do much... ash thomson isnt that bigger loss boss, dont you think?

be good to see the thirds boys get a bit of a crack sounds like dave is keen to give them the best opportunity

Shannon Gibson, Rory Hilton, Nathan Gilliland, Wes Stott, Ash Thomson to just name a few.

How are things going boss. What players are ya looking for this year, looks like a few midfielders and maybe some key defenders. Is party boy hyatt, grainger, borat shelton still staying on.

Have you starting training yet or is it a bit to early for the williams rd crew to get into footy at this time of the year.

Hope your enjoying the hot weather with a few frothies.

craig marshall, adrian hammil, daniel sage massive losses as well as the names you mentioned but oh well cant do much... ash thomson isnt that bigger loss boss, dont you think?

be good to see the thirds boys get a bit of a crack sounds like dave is keen to give them the best opportunity
In fairness to Bomber he had a terrible run with injuries. You definitely did not see his best this campaign.

Beat me to it Head you big nancy boy. Bomber had a shocking run with injuries, tearing his PCL in one of the practice matches, and was pushing sh*t up hill trying to get his knee right for the rest of the year.

Seen Bomber play much in all your years of experience Roberts-thompson?? He'd be one of the best defenders I've played with...

Hawkeye, I hear you've snared yourself a Mrs?? Must have stocked up on the rohypnol eh???

Beat me to it Head you big nancy boy. Bomber had a shocking run with injuries, tearing his PCL in one of the practice matches, and was pushing sh*t up hill trying to get his knee right for the rest of the year.

Seen Bomber play much in all your years of experience Roberts-thompson?? He'd be one of the best defenders I've played with...

Hawkeye, I hear you've snared yourself a Mrs?? Must have stocked up on the rohypnol eh???
Good to hear from you again Jim:rolleyes:

Former Tatura premiership player Steve Ellis has signed on as an assistant coach at West Gambier in the WBFL under former Ky player Ashleigh Brown.Just interested to know if he'll be a handy pick-up for the WB club and what type of player is he !?

Former Tatura premiership player Steve Ellis has signed on as an assistant coach at West Gambier in the WBFL under former Ky player Ashleigh Brown.Just interested to know if he'll be a handy pick-up for the WB club and what type of player is he !?

couldnt speak more highly of a bloke, has a heart as big as phar lap, gives his all for his mates n club on n off the field. gets along well with everybody, will be especially good with the young guys. and of course loves a beer...
as a player has been described as a nuggerty bp/on-baller who gets the job done!
thought he retired from playing, though that must just be at greensborough who didnt treat a stalward like him fairly at the end of last year...

apprently goes all right with the ladies after hours also! smooth talker - Studda!

yeah stevie is a sensational bloke to have around the footy club. will be a big inclusion if he plays. does everything expected of him out on the field plus extra! as lovelock said will be awsome with th younger players and carves up the social side of the footy scenario!
quality pick up!

Ash Thomson is a very good player. I think you better do some research on all of our losses young fella. Adrian Hamill will be back for the 2nd half of the year and as for Daniel Sage he is no definate of leaving just yet. Yes Dave is very keen to play the kids but why not when you have one of the best full forwards in Grainger, one of the best ruckman in Damon Clarke, the best on baller in Shane Clayton and a very good backman in Ben SHelton. Plus probably the hardest working CHF in Luke Hyatt.

How are things going boss. What players are ya looking for this year, looks like a few midfielders and maybe some key defenders. Is party boy hyatt, grainger, borat shelton still staying on.

Have you starting training yet or is it a bit to early for the williams rd crew to get into footy at this time of the year.

Hope your enjoying the hot weather with a few frothies.

Gday HawEye, the frothies have been going down very well in this hot weather. yeah started training 2 weeks ago now, but only doing boxing while the others are running hard. The other half of the Williams Rd crew is most likely not playing footy this year.

I did hear you have a Mrs. Does she understand you when you talk. We all know its very hard to understand HawkEye language at times.

Yes Party Boy is playing and Borat is playing the 1st 6 games before heading over to see you...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cowman signs with the Lions

By Christie Peucker
January 24 2007
Shepparton News

Mobile ruckman Jake Cowman has become the latest Goulburn Valley Football League player to defect to a minor league after committing to Mulwala.

Cowman yesterday confirmed he would leave Shepparton United for at least a season to join the Lions, where he will begin training this week.

"I was just seeking a change," Cowman said.

"I wanted to have a kick with Keya (Mulwala coach Chris Kennedy) because this will probably be the last year he'll be pulling on the boots. And Nathan Parker, we're all pretty good mates."

The agile big-man, who in the off season has shaken off a bruised heal injury from last year, said his move would not be permanent.

"I'm looking at this for a year," he said. "(United) is always going to be my home."

Kennedy, Cowman's former thirds coach with the Demons, said he would relish the opportunity to once again work with the 2002 under-18 Neil Haymes medallist.

"I'm looking forward to having a bit more of a hand in his development," Kennedy said.

"Jake was one of the premier ruckmen in the Goulburn Valley, so I'd expect him to be a premier ruckman in our league."

He said the addition of Cowman to his ruck line-up would add another dimension to his side, which finished third last year.

"Justin McCabe, who is a dual best and fairest for our side, plays more of a ruck-roving role," he said.

"Jake is a little bit taller and his tap-work is terrific.

"They are very different types of players, so we can match them up to what suits us."

Cowman joins a number of key pick-ups for the lakeside club including 2006 Liddell District Football League leading goalkicker Lee James and Yarrawonga midfielder Paul Bance.

Little points to Kirby's loss

January 24 2007
Shepparton News

The retention of interleague ruckman Paul Kirby at Goulburn Valley Football League club Tatura looks less and less likely after the Bulldogs yesterday announced the signing of former TAC Cup player Tim Little.

Club president Denis Flett said the 197 cm Little had the credentials to be a major player in Goulburn Valley Football League this season and would fit in as a support role if Kirby was to stay with the Bulldogs.

If not, Flett said Little was more than capable of being top ruckman.

"Tim played two years with Calder Cannons in the TAC Cup, two seasons with Coburg in the VFL and the last five seasons with Sunbury in the Ballarat Football League," Flett said.

"He was vice-captain of Sunbury, played in their 2004 premiership win and has performed well in the ruck for the Ballarat inter-league team."

Kirby last week trained with Tocumwal, which in the off season acquired the services of his former Bulldog teammates Jarrod Pollard and Lee Warnett, but is yet to commit to any club.

Ovens and Murray club Wangaratta Rovers is most likely to secure the big man.

Meanwhile, Josh Stammers will return to Tatura after a year at Merrigum in Kyabram District Football League and a year away from the area because of business.

Stammers, a raw-boned utility, will add to Tatura's talls.

"It is most important for the club to have locals such as Josh return to the club," Flett said.

"Josh played under-15 schoolboys, under-16 and under-18 Bushrangers, and started with Tatura seniors as a 16-year-old, where he played 70 games."

Stammers won Merrigum's best and fairest and finished third in the KDFL medal in 2005.

This might be a silly question but Does Trav Ryan work for Steeline or is he now involved in Mooroopna FC - thought I'd ask after reading the Shepp News article on Mooroopna's new sponsor. Tatybulldog might know maybe?

Tatybulldog, will be good to get stammers back playing, a very good player who wasted talent in a minor league. who are the good young players there this year? looks like you will need them to step up.

This might be a silly question but Does Trav Ryan work for Steeline or is he now involved in Mooroopna FC - thought I'd ask after reading the Shepp News article on Mooroopna's new sponsor. Tatybulldog might know maybe?

Moose works for Furphy's, unless he's switched companies.

I don't get to see the Shepp News, but I hope he is getting involved with another club ... he's too good a bloke and has too good a football brain to be lost to the game.

Moose works for Furphy's, unless he's switched companies.

I don't get to see the Shepp News, but I hope he is getting involved with another club ... he's too good a bloke and has too good a football brain to be lost to the game.

Very true about Trav, don't u still have access to the news online LR??

The photo has Hall,Trav and Freery at the back as well as the Steeline guys at the front. Maybe he is in some assistant role now?

The photo has Hall,Trav and Freery at the back as well as the Steeline guys at the front. Maybe he is in some assistant role now?
Also saw your dial in the paper the other day akka. Did you knock back a few cold ones after the win?

I do .. but i can't say i remember to log on all that often.

I figure Doona will post any important articles on here.

I have heard that they have been getting 33 people to training over the last week.

Little points to Kirby's loss

January 24 2007
Shepparton News

The retention of interleague ruckman Paul Kirby at Goulburn Valley Football League club Tatura looks less and less likely after the Bulldogs yesterday announced the signing of former TAC Cup player Tim Little.

Here's a useless bit of info that might be of use to the Shepp News' Big Footy hounds; I reckon Tim Little is Jimmy Hird's cousin.

Here's a useless bit of info that might be of use to the Shepp News' Big Footy hounds; I reckon Tim Little is Jimmy Hird's cousin.

If so ... I'm tipping back page tomorrow!!!

It's always a scratch for stories on a Wednesday.

Actually they probably won't even check, they'll just quote a source and not mention the source was Big Footy's very own .. GRANDALE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad