Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

I must admit I was wrong on who I thought Backyard Legend was. I have spoken to the person to who I thought it was and have apologised to him and had a decent converstaion with him. The has been laid to rest, move on boys.

As for Backyard Legend. Do you really think I have enough time to have 3 alias on big footy. If you honestly think that, you must be dumber then what I thought you were.

Anyway mate keep hiding behind your computer screen and paying out on me. You must be really annoyed with me for allowing your missus to lick my hairy ass then go back kiss you without washing her mouth out. By the way she does give good head.

4 points Adam:

1. You admitted that having three alias' was embarrising and that someone who had that many clearly has a few chromosomes missing. You and I both know what the truth is on that topic. Because I feel sorry for you I will let that one slide.

2. Make sure when you are calling someone "dumb" you at least proof read your sentence.

Have a read over your quote and i will let you figure out where you went wrong.

3. You said my partner licked your arse, and gave you a head job. I am actually a female Adam, hence, last night you had your peni *s sucked by a male. Not sure who the loser is in that one.

4. When you are attempting to criticise someone with witty comments, try a little harder next time and don't try to hide your stupidity behind intellegent comebacks like "pussy", and "headjob".

Any truth to the rumour SAAD SAAD has signed with Greenvale in the EDFL? A lot of talk about it on a rival website.... Seymour will be lacking forwards if this is the case...

Saad Saad was training at Seymour last night so hopefully it's only a rumour for Seymour's sake.

4 points Adam:

1. You admitted that having three alias' was embarrising and that someone who had that many clearly has a few chromosomes missing. You and I both know what the truth is on that topic. Because I feel sorry for you I will let that one slide.

2. Make sure when you are calling someone "dumb" you at least proof read your sentence.

3. You said my partner licked your arse, and gave you a head job. I am actually a female Adam, hence, last night you had your peni *s sucked by a male. Not sure who the loser is in that one.

4. When you are attempting to criticise someone with witty comments, try a little harder next time and don't try to hide your stupidity behind intellegent comebacks like "pussy", and "headjob".

GROUND HOG DAY
ENOUGH BOYS, GO AND FIND A WOMAN EACH FOR GOD SAKE

Twiddle goes well, saw him a couple of times last year, good pickup. Luke Sofi is a handy player with good pace and skills who may develop into a sound senior player. Why is he leaving Bears? Also out of the 6 in Bushies a few of them are bottom age, so it might be fair to expect them to play thirds as opposed to seniors. There not bad kids, but the first year boys are not up to seniors yet. I think the cats will still be there abouts but maybe not top 4. They also don't have a lot of depth inthe twos that can step up, do they?

Y do u say the bottom age kids arent up for it? Do u mean the cats boys or all bottom agers? interested to y u dont think they r up to it..

I must admit I was wrong on who I thought Backyard Legend was. I have spoken to the person to who I thought it was and have apologised to him and had a decent converstaion with him. The has been laid to rest, move on boys.

As for Backyard Legend. Do you really think I have enough time to have 3 alias on big footy. If you honestly think that, you must be dumber then what I thought you were.

Anyway mate keep hiding behind your computer screen and paying out on me. You must be really annoyed with me for allowing your missus to lick my hairy ass then go back kiss you without washing her mouth out. By the way she does give good head.

Hey boss, I hear your about to sign with the West London Wildcats.

Could be like old times Boss.

Can anyone tell me who shepp swanns have recruited? I have heard they are throwing big bucks around and expected to dominate, but who have they actually recruited? I think I read on this thread they got 5 blokes from South Australia? Any truth? Is this fella called Odin Brierly on the transfer list one of their big name recruits? What about losses?

Twiddle goes well, saw him a couple of times last year, good pickup. Luke Sofi is a handy player with good pace and skills who may develop into a sound senior player. Why is he leaving Bears? Also out of the 6 in Bushies a few of them are bottom age, so it might be fair to expect them to play thirds as opposed to seniors. There not bad kids, but the first year boys are not up to seniors yet. I think the cats will still be there abouts but maybe not top 4. They also don't have a lot of depth inthe twos that can step up, do they?

Few reasons i'm told:
Mates at Mpna, Felt under-used by the Bears last year, lives in Toolamba, big Hally & Brad Campbell fan.

Both senior sides made the finals last year so depth is there, twos should be around the pace again this year (4th-8th) so there is some blokes who could push up. Kane Atkinson, Graeme Giles, Dane Church just to post a few.

4 points Adam:

Some very interesting points you make there Backyard Legend.

But I must admit you are wrong with me having 3 alias, but hey, if you want to believe that, I will let you. As far as you being female, well I will have to totally agree with you there, as you are hiding behind your little computer screen bagging me out, plus who says 2 females cant be in a relationship.

Why dont you come out from behind your little computer screen and speak to me properly or wont Mum let you cross the road just yet.

This is quite humerous as to what you are saying about me and how much you know about my life and the club at Euroa. You must really be a big fan of me or esle you wouldnt know so much about myself and the footy club Im involved with. Next time I will agree to sign a photo for you, just so you dont get this annoyed again.

Keep plugging away in life my friend as we all know, you need all the encouragement you can get.

4 points Adam:

Still having trouble with modern technology to post your views twice.

Hey boss, I hear your about to sign with the West London Wildcats.

Could be like old times Boss.

Just maybe HawkEye. We will see how things go.

You should be trying to recruit Borat for a few games, once he arrives there first though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shepparton News – Tuesday, January 30th 2007

Of the 12 clubs that make up the GVFL, eight have had players involved in incidents of depression and suicide in the past 10 years. Two clubs have had multiple incidents. In an attempt to combat this growing incidents rate in the GV, community organisation FamilyCare has developed a pilot program, Coach the Coach, to better resource club leaders with skills and knowledge on how to help. Christie Peucker reports.

LOST PLAYERS LEAVE LEGACY

On September 26, 1999, Rochester Football Club was on a high. After three consecutive grand final appearances, it had clinched its holy grail – the Hastie Cup – as GV premiership winner. The beer was still flowing the Friday after the grand final, as the team, coach Dave Williams and the town revelled in the historic win. The next day the club was to hold its presentation night in recognition of a year’s hard work.

But not everyone made it for the team photo. After being driven home on Friday night by late club stalwart Barry Moon, backman Gary Appleby, 27, took his life on his family property outside Rochester.

‘We’d celebrated pretty hard,’ Williams, coach since 1992, said. ‘We got a phone call Saturday morning from Mr Appleby saying ‘Apps’ had shot himself.’ Club members and supporters trickled into the Tigers’ clubrooms that morning for the presentations, at which Appleby was supposed to receive the coach’s award.

But instead of joy, the room was filled with numbness and deep shock. ‘There was no inkling’ Williams said. ‘He said was the happiest he’d ever been’. As Appleby’s funeral approached, Williams went through every emotion imaginable – through anger, disbelief, confusion, and longing; wishing he had a chance to talk to his friend. At the time, Williams felt he had been cheated by his friend’s death.

‘I’m from the old school,’ he said. ‘I said to Sharon, my wife (after the funeral) I was never going to go to a suicide funeral again but that’s stupid. You feel like giving them a clip over the ears and saying toughen up. (But) there were signs that people could have picked up on if they knew what to look for.’ After all, Williams said he’d have loved Appleby, a dairy farmer, to say something about the torment he was going through. ‘You’d like to think you could have made a difference if he had,’ Williams said.

Williams had lost another player – Melbourne-based Scott Leathers – to suicide two years earlier. Leathers, 29, broke down mid-season and failed to play out the season. Diagnosed with depression, Leathers was put on 24-hour suicide watch but eventually took his own life. The loss of both men had a compounding effect on the football club and on Williams as a coach.

‘Football clubs are all about winning games and premierships but a successful football club is about mateship and brotherhood because that’s what makes it worthwhile – it cuts you down if one’s not there,’ he said. Williams said he had always felt compelled to do something so his friend’s death had not been in vain. He said he wanted to make suer Appleby’s legacy would be better understanding of the devastation caused by suicide, and how friends could make a difference.

He said he felt strongly about supporting Coach the Coach. ‘There wouldn’t be too many footy clubs which haven’t been affected by suicide,’ he said. ‘It’s a matter of getting them to talk. If I was experienced with it back then maybe I could have done something.’

With drought affecting lives across the region, Williams said people needed to know what to look for if a friend was in need. ‘More so that any other year,’ he said. ‘Come February, March, April, if we don’t get rain people will be walking off the farms. You’ve got to make people know how important they are in life. If we can save one life (it’ll be worth it.’

Perhaps this article will be a bit of perspective for some people on here.

Can anyone tell me who shepp swanns have recruited? I have heard they are throwing big bucks around and expected to dominate, but who have they actually recruited? I think I read on this thread they got 5 blokes from South Australia? Any truth? Is this fella called Odin Brierly on the transfer list one of their big name recruits? What about losses?
apparently we have about 5 from south australia. we have a ruckman from melb to help the big fella out. we have alot more blokes who hopefully put pen to paper. we have lost osbourne who is coaching tally and he is taking a few of the boys with him. like best, frappell etc

Perhaps this article will be a bit of perspective for some people on here.

Depression is a tough thing and something we'll never fully understand. Perspective to those probably not confronted with it first hand, but to those that have been there and dealt with it first hand, the old '"could, shoulda,woulda" done thoughts remain forver no matter what schooling you could possibly have on the topic.

Trust me lads I Iost my old man to suicide when I was 17 and never been ashamed to say it and find it soothing when people wanna talk about it. Never thought bad of him, but learnt to accept his choice. Not a day or a milestone passes without him in my thoughts . . . I just continue to carry on in life & trust that he'd be proud :thumbsu:

Hey Backyard, try taking some of your own advice:;)

4 points Adam:

QUOTE]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOWNAR$E

Obviously you do care Footyboss as per your comment above in bold. Have I hit a nerve Footyboss.

I am sick of you excuses ie. no preseason. I heard on the grapevine that Dan Tehan had been in Dubai working for two years and turned up midseason and played seniors. Now Footyboss I am pretty sure he didn't do a preseason in Dubai.

I don't have a personal vendetta against you Footyboss I am just don't take kindly to uneducated fools.

Here is an example: You make a comment and respond to it (your own question) under one of your other alias' lobster or Urple. This coming from the same person who just told me to get a life. ]

Here's a tip knackers, get a clue then work your way up from there:thumbsu:

BTW, D.Tehan barely got a kick before being put up, didn't get a kick when up in the one's and selections similar to this were one of the contributing factors to Euroa's demise in '06.

Spot on doona, you just gave me goosebumps mate?? terrible thing depression hard to get ya head around it really????

Well said Doona. Hopefully this new program will encourage clubs to be proactive in this area and players to seek help when they are having problems.

apparently we have about 5 from south australia. we have a ruckman from melb to help the big fella out. we have alot more blokes who hopefully put pen to paper. we have lost osbourne who is coaching tally and he is taking a few of the boys with him. like best, frappell etc
Cheers Niko. So the rumours are true then, looks like the swannies will dominate. I would think these new players will more than make up for the loss of Osborne, Best, Frappell?

i mite have seen u around the traps then niko87 as i played there for a long time until recently parting ways?? i hope the swannies pull through and win a flag finally just not this year i hope???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad