Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

i mite have seen u around the traps then niko87 as i played there for a long time until recently parting ways?? i hope the swannies pull through and win a flag finally just not this year i hope???
i think its the year of the swans, they seem to have alot of good players and nows the time or they might never win one. how much money does nags have

Niko87 coaching the 3rds this year? how will u guys go? picked up a few players a heard..

Niko87 coaching the 3rds this year? how will u guys go? picked up a few players a heard..
no idea how the thirds are going sorry footy08 but they are training very hard.. the ones should go close this year dont worry about that.. also i heard that merritt who use to play for us is coming back. i forget his first name

Wouldn't get on here unless neccessary. But here goes...

Heard along the grape vine today that the Bendigo and some other smaller leagues were being postponed until May?

That being the case, I had a call from a friend today looking for some players...

Paul Cox, the new coach at Port Douglas is looking for expressions of interest in making a move up north for the up coming footy season. He tells me there are plenty of jobs in all building trades and hospitality. In which the Port Douglas football club would help arrange work (and i assume accommodation) for those interested in playing up there.

I've been up there for a holiday, and it is a fantastic place, it'd be brilliant during the winter months (for us Victorians). Their cooler weather, averaging 25 during the winter, is just perfect.

For those interested, give Paul a call on 0400165192.

Are u a swannie niko87???

The Swans have seen their fare share of heart ache with guys taking there own lives. Depression is something that sometimes can not be detected as per a young swan Mike Williams - no one had a clue what he was capable of. Not to say that it was easy process to pull through but I think alot of young men learnt alot from it all.

One of the finest performers both on and off the field that I have seen in country Victoria ... however .. LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTER!! lol:thumbsu: :)

Well alot of us guys are not talented in both areas - good luck to him!!:p

i think its the year of the swans, they seem to have alot of good players and nows the time or they might never win one. how much money does nags have

Nags has an endless supply of money but alot of the old swanies are not happy and pretty sick of being treated like dirt and all the new guys getting the $$ and attention. This has been an on going issue for years as well as Cheryl putting in alot of $$ also. You only have to look at the guys that have left Swans this year (Best, Frappell, Osborne) to know that they are not holding onto guys that have been there for years and there families been associated for years ie: Best family.

Y do u say the bottom age kids arent up for it? Do u mean the cats boys or all bottom agers? interested to y u dont think they r up to it..
Just think that it takes an exceptional footballer to step from under 16's to seniors straight away, and if they are that good then they should be playing all year in bushies. No doubt those u16's coming up will be handing thirds players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year was also meant to be their year. If they stay true to form they will go undefeated all year then bomb out in straight games come final time. That would be great to see again.

Last year was also meant to be their year. If they stay true to form they will go undefeated all year then bomb out in straight games come final time. That would be great to see again.

my coach also said the same thing..

does any1 know wat duane hustan is doin? wat at united training again last night..

Spot on there oldshep mate about the swans and there god,s gift to football recruits!!!! if watters electrical ever went bust 3 quarters of the swans team would be left unemployed??? this year will be the first time a best hasnt played in swans colours or been linked to the club in decades!! the players you mentioned have all been around the club for years but i hear they found it very easy to leave almost unoticed????? good luck to the swans and there attempt at there first flag since the 70,s but i wonder if they do win it if it would have meant more having players that have been there for years in it???

yer i wouldnt be sayin that to quickly.. but u never know could just be the rumors :p
i think you will find trent lovelock is a good friend of huestons playing tennis with him so i think he might be a step ahead of everyone with knowing what he might be up to!

can anyone tell me how a bloke by the name of chris atkins goes

Finds a fair amount of the footy but gives his opponent a free run as well, so it usually comes down to what each one does with it as to who comes out on top. Doesn't always use it the best when he does get it so can hurt you a bit if it's coughed up. Has been linked this year to Kyabram, South Cairns, Golden Square and somewhere in Melbourne??? with Learmonth. Ky and Cairns are out of the picture though.

Finds a fair amount of the footy but gives his opponent a free run as well, so it usually comes down to what each one does with it as to who comes out on top. Doesn't always use it the best when he does get it so can hurt you a bit if it's coughed up. Has been linked this year to Kyabram, South Cairns, Golden Square and somewhere in Melbourne??? with Learmonth. Ky and Cairns are out of the picture though.

Learmonth is coaching Darley which is based in Bacchus Marsh. Ballarat Footy League. Darley believe they also have him.

Spot on there oldshep mate about the swans and there god,s gift to football recruits!!!! if watters electrical ever went bust 3 quarters of the swans team would be left unemployed??? this year will be the first time a best hasnt played in swans colours or been linked to the club in decades!! the players you mentioned have all been around the club for years but i hear they found it very easy to leave almost unoticed????? good luck to the swans and there attempt at there first flag since the 70,s but i wonder if they do win it if it would have meant more having players that have been there for years in it???

It always makes you wonder why the hierarchy would not try and hold onto players/families that have been there for years. I would have thought they would of tried to get Jarrod Best over from the Cats (now playing to Doncaster) if he was making the trip back every weekend for the cats he might of easily gone back to play with his brother Hayden. I think all those players found it easy to leave as the new recruits are made out to be the best in the club - but not as loyal as say a family that has been there for years, not just for playing football but committees etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad