Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Yeah, heres a report. Saad is a gun, but Noel Gilliespie is such a one sided commentator, he shouldn't be allowed to do it unless there is an opposition commentator present. ( On 98.5 that is)

Good on Steve Daniel for calling up and making a point of it.

Unted better across the board im told.

Tat getting a win over mansfield the big news of the round i reckon.

I think SJ had other things on his mind on saturday Stewie. His and Coxys side played against each other. Steves side won by about 11 goals, and as for the lions we got beat by a better side on the day . And after the weekend my opinion of Sam Dawes is even higher. Great to see Tatura have a win also.:thumbsu:

Would have to think Shane Shottner would have to be close to the best ruckman in the League, his work in the centre is tireless and his tap work some times amazing!!:thumbsu:

Porter and Schotty I would think ?:thumbsu:

I think SJ had other things on his mind on saturday Stewie. His and Coxys side played against each other. Steves side won by about 11 goals, and as for the lions we got beat by a better side on the day . And after the weekend my opinion of Sam Dawes is even higher. Great to see Tatura have a win also.:thumbsu:

I heard that Tim Hooper injured his elbow late in the game. Is it the same type of injury as last year and is it likely to keep him out for any length of time?

Porter and Schotty I would think ?:thumbsu:

I dont think Schottner rucks anymore does he? Isn't Kelly from the swans and some other young fella doing that role at seymour? If so, how could he be rated as one of the best in the league? Porter no doubt is a star at GV level.

I didn't think this site was for personal attacks on individual blokes. Fair enough comment on his commentary (which I agree is biased) but don't attack a bloke personally unless you have the courage to identify yourself and put your name to it.

LOL. Obviously not real familiar with BigFooty then, den01?

I think all the hard work that Noble has put in with the players is starting to pay off.
Very good win by the doggies! At the start of the season if i had to pick a certainty out for the yr i would have said Tatura to go through the yr without a win. I was wrong and im sure i wasnt the only one! Good on the Doggies!

ahh euroa, euroa euroa
never have i seen a group of GVFL SENIOR SIDE be embarresed like that,
they are in a bit of trouble now they dont have a coach, well they might but to me its pretty dam obvious that he doesnt want to coach.
you wold think playing against a undermanned benalla side who have struggled over the past few weeks.
and wes stott would be siitin down thinking what a bunch of pea harts, all this talk about how wes is going to be targeted by luke hyatt. what a crock of sh*t, he as his dad said i was after the game today was as "weak as piss". How many of them blokes get paid 300 dollars a game or more and for them blokes to lie down and get beaten the way they did was outright disghusting. Give credit to the footyboss busted his arse all day and was very stiff not to recieve a few free kicks, and there was talk around the ground that euroa must have been playing seymour next weekend with superstar number 15 walking of the ground at half time complaining of one his illustrious injuries, if you ask me i think he played coz he gets payed if he didnt run out he gets no money so in theory go out and play two quatres and get payed, and shelton tried hard all day on a very hard bloke to play on, kudos to you ben shelton, all in all very dissapointed in euroa whats more important the money or the thrill of playin a game you love. Who will coach euroa with super coach on the way out.

Not sinking the boots into your former club this week undercover and everyone else that was on here bagging us last week. How a win changes, this time last week, nearly every post on here was either having a pot shot at our playing list or coaching set up.

I noticed you behind the goals this jaxbac#13. Would be interested to see what your thoughts were on our WIN.

No you're right Grandale, I'm not familiar with Big Footy. So if hank wants to identify himself to me, I will respect that.

Sorry Den01 didnt realise I had to sign my name at the end of each post I submit (which I do from time to time). Anyway for your benefit, and by the way I do agree with what you said about the personal attacks and not giving your own identity as I have been on the opposite side of a few myself and none of them as yet have come forward through this site or a PM.
But anyway I just don't like the bloke, had some personal dealings with him and don't like the way he handled himself, we shall move on now.

Cheers,

Daryl Harrison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that Tim Hooper injured his elbow late in the game. Is it the same type of injury as last year and is it likely to keep him out for any length of time?

I had a quick word with Tim in the rooms after the game and he told me that he copped a knee in the bicep by way of some "friendly fire" from young Lachy Watts so i'm guessing he'll be okay,pretty tough character Tim and no stranger to playing with a bit of pain.

feel sorry for the bloke and his devastating injury but go easy onthe bad news for all half forwards and full forwards because he wasn't a back man arse hole , dont rate him :thumbsdown:

You obviously have not seen him play for quite some time, or maybe never have. He played almost every game at United at centre half back or full back. You made yourself sound like a cokhead saying that he wasn't a backman! Try to atleast make some sense when posting next time...

I had a quick word with Tim in the rooms after the game and he told me that he copped a knee in the bicep by way of some "friendly fire" from young Lachy Watts so i'm guessing he'll be okay,pretty tough character Tim and no stranger to playing with a bit of pain.

That's good to hear :thumbsu:

I'll most likely bump into you at the Den this Sat :)

Cheers.

What the Hell happened???

NEWS LEAK ... PLease fill us in??

Hey lion's roar. It's your birthday this weekend isnt it? Tat played great footy. Tim Little was getting a hand to everything and putting it straight down crawfords throat every time. No excuses. They are still training at lords for only half an hour cause the ground isnt ready.... Saunders is out for the season Jones out for a month or more. Gags out for 6 and Bully 4-5. They are huge loses to the list. Fraser Stevo didnt play. Hots didnt move from the goal square.
Tuffs Twos had a great win though on a brighter side.
I dont think people realise that Matty Trewhella is only 21 been playing since he was 18 for Mansfield after coming from Geelong. I was reading a post about an under 22 team.... Nick Allen would have to be a starter...

Hey lion's roar. It's your birthday this weekend isnt it? Tat played great footy. Tim Little was getting a hand to everything and putting it straight down crawfords throat every time. No excuses. They are still training at lords for only half an hour cause the ground isnt ready.... Saunders is out for the season Jones out for a month or more. Gags out for 6 and Bully 4-5. They are huge loses to the list. Fraser Stevo didnt play. Hots didnt move from the goal square.
I dont think people realise that Matty Trewhella is only 21 been playing since he was 18 for Mansfield after coming from Geelong. I was reading a post about an under 22 team.... Nick Allen would have to be a starter...
Whas rong with bulldog knowing him he would nearly play with a broken leg

That's good to hear :thumbsu:

I'll most likely bump into you at the Den this Sat :)

Cheers.

Normally you would alley cat but i have to partner my mum on the golf course this weekend. It won't be such a bad gig though as i'll get to ride around in a golf cart and knock a few frothies down but i'll be getting regular score updates froms my "boys" standing next to the interchange stewards box so GO LIONS :thumbsu: .

Normally you would alley cat but i have to partner my mum on the golf course this weekend. It won't be such a bad gig though as i'll get to ride around in a golf cart and knock a few frothies down but i'll be getting regular score updates froms my "boys" standing next to the interchange stewards box so GO LIONS :thumbsu: .

Oh isn't that sweet you mummy's boy!!:p

People on here are well versed on my thoughts on Trewhella.

A fat head that looks a lot older, but I do remember his 21st last year (sort of).

He would just about be captain of an under 22 side .. probably along with Nick Allen.

Here's a quick go at one .. No Bench and not all clubs represented because i don't know there sides too well and remember I'm in Tassie and haven't seen much GV for a while.

So open slather.

B: Mahoney (mans), Carroll (utd), Roy (mans)

HB: Looby (swa), (c)Trewhella (mans), Lanyon (swa)

C: R Preist (ben), Barlow (utd), W Martinello (ben)

HF: M Chapman (bears), F Priest (ben), Hiscock (bears)

FF: Millott (Mans) , Neville (tat) , Rendina (utd)

Foll: Browne (mans), (vc) Allen (Bears), Sheahan (mans),

People on here are well versed on my thoughts on Trewhella.

A fat head that looks a lot older, but I do remember his 21st last year (sort of).

He would just about be captain of an under 22 side .. probably along with Nick Allen.

Here's a quick go at one .. No Bench and not all clubs represented because i don't know there sides too well and remember I'm in Tassie and haven't seen much GV for a while.

So open slather.

Foll: Browne (mans), (vc) Allen (Bears), Sheahan (mans),[/quote]

you are kidding yourself mate, you have 6 players from mansfiled which is a joke. three kids from there who have not proven themselves at senior level. sheahan would be the closest but still has not. f priest has played 2 or 3 senior games and is about 5 foot f all, couldnt play at chf.. i think you should not worry about writing on here anymore. farran is a gun but could not play there.

So open slather.

Foll: Browne (mans), (vc) Allen (Bears), Sheahan (mans),

Not all clubs represented...why should it matter that Mansfield/Benalla and the Shepp sides have filled 17 of the 18 spots?

You obviously have not seen him play for quite some time, or maybe never have. He played almost every game at United at centre half back or full back. You made yourself sound like a cokhead saying that he wasn't a backman! Try to atleast make some sense when posting next time...
I think you will find pedro that the prince has actually lined up head to head with the fullback in question and has kicked double figures on both accasions.

Not sinking the boots into your former club this week undercover and everyone else that was on here bagging us last week. How a win changes, this time last week, nearly every post on here was either having a pot shot at our playing list or coaching set up.

I noticed you behind the goals this jaxbac#13. Would be interested to see what your thoughts were on our WIN.

Wouldnt get too carried away Footyboss,Kyabram are on the bottom of the ladder and got within 3 goal late in the third,also had alot of senior players out as well as Euroa playing at home.Taking all this in to consideration l wouldnt say that this is the game that will turn the season around for the club,you need to beat sides in the top 3 before you are on your way,but in saying this a WIN is a WIN..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad