Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Thanks for the run down mate.

I played at Tongala with Peter at the helm. We didn't win a game but I have to say he was the best coach I have had in 20+years of footy. Preparation, knowledge, passion and respect he had was fantastic - and he was a great bloke to have a beer with.

From a bloke who played most of his footy in Metropolitan Melbourne I have to say you blokes have a great comp up there. Hard footy but clean ( that's how I found it anyway).

I remember a couple of names that were thrown around that comp- do you know what they are up to now?

Archard (I think that was his name)
Campbell/s (think brothers at the same club..one was Brad)
Are the Hotton's still braining them? Trent played us at Tongala once and he had his own ball - I am sure of it! (then again...many players did that against our side..we battled a bit to put it mildly but full credit to Peter..never stopped trying things)

Archard went to South Adelaide last year and was one of the favs for the Magary, is on the rookie list at Adelaide this year.
Brad and Blake Campbell still at Mooroopna both very good players
Think Trent Hotton might be the only one left at Mansfield and is still playing with his own footy most weeks.

Thanks for the run down mate.

I played at Tongala with Peter at the helm. We didn't win a game but I have to say he was the best coach I have had in 20+years of footy. Preparation, knowledge, passion and respect he had was fantastic - and he was a great bloke to have a beer with.

From a bloke who played most of his footy in Metropolitan Melbourne I have to say you blokes have a great comp up there. Hard footy but clean ( that's how I found it anyway).

I remember a couple of names that were thrown around that comp- do you know what they are up to now?

Archard (I think that was his name)
Campbell/s (think brothers at the same club..one was Brad)
Are the Hotton's still braining them? Trent played us at Tongala once and he had his own ball - I am sure of it! (then again...many players did that against our side..we battled a bit to put it mildly but full credit to Peter..never stopped trying things)

Are u still playing Super?

Archard went to South Adelaide last year and was one of the favs for the Magary, is on the rookie list at Adelaide this year.
Think Trent Hotton might be the only one left at Mansfield and is still playing with his own footy most weeks.

Cameron is still playing there too hank .. is the fittest he's ever been .. actually he's slimmer than Trent

I reckon its the wrong time to be playing Euroa after last week, the boys up their will be pumped and look as though they have founf a bit of resolve and passion for winning games of footy. Noone can question the talent in the side, and as I said last year if they could get their act together and stop the bickering they could do anything.

How is Ryan Butler going at Ky?? suprised he left but I suppose he did what was best for him, also is big boy Timmy Lanyon getting a kick at Swans?

The Pies lost on the weekend because they dropped Ricki Shiner. :p

Cameron is still playing there too hank .. is the fittest he's ever been .. actually he's slimmer than Trent

Thanks Roar, yeah wasnt sure if he was also still running around, gee its getting pretty cold here on the mainland, how are you coping across the strait? Hope you've got a few voluptuous women in toe to keep you warm at night!!

Thanks Roar, yeah wasnt sure if he was also still running around, gee its getting pretty cold here on the mainland, how are you coping across the strait? Hope you've got a few voluptuous women in toe to keep you warm at night!!

It's not so much the cold as the wind .. get out on the track and if its coming front on the ball just about goes behind you .. mind you that used to happen to me in still conditions at the Mainland.

And like last time we spoke mate .. still struggling .. couldn't scratch one up if I had shovels for fingernails.

It's not so much the cold as the wind .. get out on the track and if its coming front on the ball just about goes behind you .. mind you that used to happen to me in still conditions at the Mainland.

And like last time we spoke mate .. still struggling .. couldn't scratch one up if I had shovels for fingernails.

haha, hope the tide turns for you soon.

A great win Boss. We tried to give it up, they hit the post with a snap from the boundry on the siren. How were the legs after all that running. Obviously didn't hurt you as i see you were one who didnt throw your a$$ in the corner.:)

The legs were pretty tired on Wednesday. Bomber sure does make you boys cover some km on the training track, but it was good fun to see how another team goes about training. If anything it helped with my fitness to run out quarters. See you next time Im up that way.

Are u still playing Super?

Playing? nup...trained one night last week. I woke up the next morning and walked to the shower like f-ing Robocop! I'll try and put the boots on for a run around in the two's at some point...missed my chance when the boys played Brunswick Power the other week...worst team that I have ever seen so it would have been nice and easy to get out and kick a couple against them.

How'd you get onto me? Inside info I'm thinking cos this is my first time on this thread.

He always had HUGE wraps that Archard...although he didnt really like it a few years ago on a cold day at Tonny's home ground when he got some attention!!!!
Sounds as if he'll make the big league.
Thanks for the update Bulger...

What are the thoughts of Jaime Sheahan, Brett Mahoney (mansfield) and Farren Preist(benalla)?

What are the thoughts of Jaime Sheahan, Brett Mahoney (mansfield) and Farren Preist(benalla)?

all great young footballer wit plenty of potenial... priest and sheahan both skillfull and hard at it . big future in front of them... big wraps!!!!!!:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Playing? nup...trained one night last week. I woke up the next morning and walked to the shower like f-ing Robocop! I'll try and put the boots on for a run around in the two's at some point...missed my chance when the boys played Brunswick Power the other week...worst team that I have ever seen so it would have been nice and easy to get out and kick a couple against them.

How'd you get onto me? Inside info I'm thinking cos this is my first time on this thread.

nah mate as soon as i saw your name React i knew who it was, that famous shirt of yours gave it away!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey i was wondering if anyone could give me an update on mike barlows form?
I see he made the interleague squad, but if any one has seen him play first hand, i was wondering if he is having an impact each week and deserves the spot???

hey i was wondering if anyone could give me an update on mike barlows form?
I see he made the interleague squad, but if any one has seen him play first hand, i was wondering if he is having an impact each week and deserves the spot???
The kid is an absolute superstar!Has been united best player so far this season and my tip for the B n F! He definantly deserves his spot in the side! Heard a rumour there was a couple of VFL/AFL clubs looking at him against the shepp united vs shepp bears clash!

MOOROOPNA
B: Gemmill, Connally, Hopkins
HB: Tweddle, Hall, Bl Campbell
C: Marks, Aloi, Warnett
HF: Robbins, LaPorta, Parsons
F: Norman, Osborne, Collyer
Foll: Hughan, McDonald, Cox
Inter: Kane Atkinson, Russell, Sofi
Emerg: Boyer
In: Collyer, Warnett
Out: Barca

SEYMOUR
B: Jake Anderson, Inness, Stevenson
HB: O'Keefe, Hooper, Colbert
C: Reid, Scanlon, VanReit
HF: Spargo, Saad, Pemberton
F: Meiselbach, Jeff Anderson, Russo
Foll: Kelly, Liddell, Haberman
Inter: Salakowski, Tomkins, Judge-Williams,
Emerg: L. Watts

SWANS
B: Barton, Veale, S. Ryan
HB: May, Looby, B. Ryan
C: McCarty, Bell, Baker
HF: Hebbard, White, hackett
F: Montgomery, Dundovic, Rachele
Foll: Wilson, Yze, Hare
Inter: Byrt, Uebergang, Henery
In: Hebbard, S. Ryan
Out: Warburton, Trickey

MANSFIELD
B: W. Chapman, Trewhella, Trenfield
HB: Smith, C. Hotton, Boshevski
C: B. Mahoney, Millott, Storer
HF: Herridge, Taylor, J. Mahoney
F: Lockhart, Jones, Browne
Foll: T. Hotton, Roy, Saunders
Inter: Alcaniz, Warren, Purcell
In: Powell, Stephens, McCaughey
Out: Wheeler, Stevenson

KYABRAM
B: Hunter, Andison, Kelly
HB: Mangan, Vick, Burnett
C: Martin, Pell, Croxford
HF: Cooper, Kirkman, Deledio
F: Emmett, Newman, Casey
Foll: Jones, Thomson, Finn
Inter: Orr, Gentle, Chambers

BENALLA
B: Fahey, Levy, Croxford
HB: Saker, Joyce, Pollard
C: Martiniello, Stott, J. Rockliff
HF: Symes, Stevens, Polwarth
F: Cole, Mackenzie, Porter
Foll: Cooper, Rockliff, Priest
Inter: Gallagher, Ashton, Birthisel

UNITED
B: Tenace, Carroll, Bailey
HB: Wood, Forys, Rendina
C: Briggs, Perkovic, Daniels
HF: Davies, Hazelman, Hueston
F: Black, McLarty, Dawes
Foll: Sutherland, Barlow, Gibson
Inter: Bingham, Brown, Smith
Emerg: Cook, Wright, Sidebottom
In: Gibson, Daniels, McLarty
Out: Wright, Cook, Saville

ROCHESTER
B: Watson, C. Moon, Palmer
HB: Toohey, Bowen, Knight
C: Loughman, Lobb, Pappin
HF: Hyden, Whitsed, Watson
F: Aitken, McPhee, Whipp
Foll: Anderson, D. Moon, Hann
Inter: Oliver, Cuttriss, Cavallaro

EUROA
B: Thomson, Watson, McBrien
HB: Pascoe, Shelton, King
C: Lamaro, Clayton, Wilson
HF: Morphett, Hyatt, Giovannini
F: Jansz, Grainger, Bamford
Foll: Clarke, Cunningham, Clayton
Inter: Hobbs, Ivill, Powell, Robertson
In: Robertson
Out: tba

ECHUCA
B: Kervin, Sutton, Crossman
HB: Dickson, Prendergast, Maddox
C: Connors, Campbell, McKittrick
HF: Campbell, Kennaugh, Agg
F: Guinan, Murphy, Dohnt
Foll: Edgar, Butler, Durie
Inter: Gregor, Welch, Deledio
Emerg: Sheldon

SHEPPARTON
B: T. Cullinan, Saunders, Jacques
HB: L. Chapman, Hiscock, Taylor
C: B. Chapman, Joyce, Pullen
HF: Maddison, Mellington, Dudgeon
F: M. Chapman, C. Cullinan, Turner
Foll: Harrap, Allan, O'Brien
Inter: Shadbolt, Thorsen, Campbell

TATURA
B: Dagger, Anderson, Flanagan
HB: Burns, Brun, Chessells
C: Kaye, Crawford, Keast
HF: Chivers, J. Barnett, Pollard
F: Gledhill, Kleindienst, McGibbon
Foll: Little, Thorn, Neville
Inter: Borelli, Coe, C. Barnett

SHEPPARTON
B: T. Cullinan, Saunders, Jacques
HB: L. Chapman, Hiscock, Taylor
C: B. Chapman, Joyce, Pullen
HF: Maddison, Mellington, Dudgeon
F: M. Chapman, C. Cullinan, Turner
Foll: Harrap, Allan, O'Brien
Inter: Shadbolt, Thorsen, Campbell

I know its only a 'paper' side, but IMO Rowan Hiscock is too small for CHB. Pullen would be a better option and give them a bit more rebound.

I reckon that would see a much better half back line: L Chapman-Pullen-Hiscock :cool:

I know its only a 'paper' side, but IMO Rowan Hiscock is too small for CHB. Pullen would be a better option and give them a bit more rebound.

I reckon that would see a much better half back line: L Chapman-Pullen-Hiscock :cool:

Pullen's 5 foot nothing and playing his 2nd senior game... sounds like great credentials for CHB.

I like it - reminiscent of Port Adelaides famous half forward line -
Carey Lade Stevens

Sheahan too small and a smart arse. At that height you must be outstanding to go much further.

Jamie Sheahan is going to an absolute gun. Was awesome for Mansfield last year as Newsleak said and is going really well at assumption this year. Brett Mahoney will also be a very good footballer as well. Got a huge motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad