Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

So bowden would prefer to coach Ky than play AFL football?
Gee Ky must be worth coaching!!
For him to apply must mean he has a fair idea on next year so I wouldnt think him being on the list would be the reason.
Still $$ for me.
Is there any other coaches around like Williams that coach for the luv of the game and not $$??

Don't think that's his decision. He's out of contract and probably been told he's unlikely to be retained.

Bowden did apply, he hasn't been delisted though, so you can't appoint someone who still on an AFL list. Dirty is the best option, proven record, great recruiter and exactly what Ky's young lit needs. IMO
So bowden would prefer to coach Ky than play AFL football?:D
Gee Ky must be worth coaching!!:D
For him to apply must mean he has a fair idea on next year so I wouldnt think him being on the list would be the reason.
Still $$ for me.
Is there any other coaches around like Williams that coach for the luv of the game and not $$??

So bowden would prefer to coach Ky than play AFL football?
Gee Ky must be worth coaching!!
Still $$ for me.

Know need to be smart mate, im just going on what i've heard, you would think for him to apply that he would have an idea that he maybe delisted but that is out of his hands. He might be just planning ahead in case it happens. I still think Ky should go with Dirty, he will cost far less and they canuse the money they save on a coach to recruit players.

So bowden would prefer to coach Ky than play AFL football?:D
Gee Ky must be worth coaching!!:D
Still $$ for me.

Sorry mate didn't realise you were takin the p1ss.

Know need to be smart mate, im just going on what i've heard, you would think for him to apply that he would have an idea that he maybe delisted but that is out of his hands. He might be just planning ahead in case it happens. I still think Ky should go with Dirty, he will cost far less and they canuse the money they save on a coach to recruit players.
I would think you get both with bowden.
Has he applied as a non playing coach?
Would play key position and IMO dominate in a league that is slipping in standard. The more players coming to country football and the GV (inparticular) from the AFL and VFL the better. Put the GV back up the top where it belongs.

1 wheel has just fallen off the Seymour wagon for next year.

Chewy Scanlon has signed by Barooga for the 2008 season.

Confirmed by the the coach of Barooga and again by the president of seymour.

Obviously seymour has run out of $$$

Pretty sure Barooga have chased Chewy the past few seasons - my mail is that this rumour is off the mark and that Paul has already flagged his intentions to remain a Lion in 2008.

Rochester have a senior coach yet?
Any talk of player movements in tiger land?

Elliot Bowen has resigned with Rochy and will be ready for next year. A couple of the boys are travelling next year overseas and I will be surprised if everyone plays again.

If you want to try somewhere else the timing is right with Dirty not coaching next year

I would think alot will wait and see what happens with coaching position. Heard alot have applied including current players, ex GVFL coaches, a VFL coach and a couple of current AFL players who look likely to be delisted.
Why does the current committee want to appoint the coach and then vacate? smarter to have the AGM and let the new committee decide on who they will back.

Elliot Bowen has resigned with Rochy and will be ready for next year. A couple of the boys are travelling next year overseas and I will be surprised if everyone plays again.

If you want to try somewhere else the timing is right with Dirty not coaching next year

I would think alot will wait and see what happens with coaching position. Heard alot have applied including current players, ex GVFL coaches, a VFL coach and a couple of current AFL players who look likely to be delisted.
Why does the current committee want to appoint the coach and then vacate? smarter to have the AGM and let the new committee decide on who they will back.

Do you mean Bowen has resigned or re-signed? Its one "-", but means the exact opposite.

What about the big money offered by other clubs?
It not only comes down to what the Swans offer but also what other clubs offer. Also how many people really want to be an electrician??

well, if you don't want to go to Uni. Then a sparkie would be the prime choice as a trade. Can earn big $$ if you're smart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Barooga have chased Chewy the past few seasons - my mail is that this rumour is off the mark and that Paul has already flagged his intentions to remain a Lion in 2008.

I heard from a source very close to the Hawks recruiting panel (probably on it) that they expected Scanlon to sign at Barooga by Sunday.

Echuca FC about to roll out their signings for 2008. They have been on the case for about three months...watch out... a good mix of Local players returning to the club (WAFL & SANFL) also two current AFL players just delisted and a big ruckman from the Diamond Valley league. All will be reveiled VERY shortly. Have also kept their current players of any note...Col Durie, Dylan Butler, Adrian Dohn't and of course have already signed Rhys Archard....Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

David Williams appointed coach of Ky last night. Does this mean Ky will be on the improve?? Can he attract more players???

Echuca FC about to roll out their signings for 2008. They have been on the case for about three months...watch out... a good mix of Local players returning to the club (WAFL & SANFL) also two current AFL players just delisted and a big ruckman from the Diamond Valley league. All will be reveiled VERY shortly. Have also kept their current players of any note...Col Durie, Dylan Butler, Adrian Dohn't and of course have already signed Rhys Archard....Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

Very early, but it looks like the league will move up another notch next year. Echuca will be pretty hard to beat.

I hope Rochy can sign a few recruits to keep up. A coach would be nice too.

David Williams appointed coach of Ky last night. Does this mean Ky will be on the improve?? Can he attract more players???

He got some pretty handy recruits from Melbourne over the years, especially in the early to mid 90s. I can't remember the last one he got, maybe it was Brad Sparks in 99 (although he first played in 93). Recruiting was mainly focused around Bendigo.

However, Ky might have a big of $ to spend, so he could potentially grab a few players. I doubt anyone will follow him from Rochy though. Last player to leave Rochy for another GV team was Scott Hanson in the early 00s, and I don't think there would've been too many that have done that before then.

He got some pretty handy recruits from Melbourne over the years, especially in the early to mid 90s. I can't remember the last one he got, maybe it was Brad Sparks in 99 (although he first played in 93). Recruiting was mainly focused around Bendigo.

However, Ky might have a big of $ to spend, so he could potentially grab a few players. I doubt anyone will follow him from Rochy though. Last player to leave Rochy for another GV team was Scott Hanson in the early 00s, and I don't think there would've been too many that have done that before then.

Great signing for the Bombers, Dirties professional approach and hard edge is exactly what Ky needs. Word is they have a bit of cash to spend and you would have thought Dirty is the man you want to lure players to the club and past players back.

I understand Burnett was keen to coach again, could this leave the door open for surrounding clubs to secure his services??

The big ruckman from the Diamond Valley FL wouldn't be Daniel Moore from North Heidelburg would it? Has Djaran Whyman been talking with Echuca FC, because from the way Rumbalara FC are talking, he has already put pen to paper as a playing Assistant Coach, which could be rubbish.

how did brendan liddell and tim looby go?

liddell is my physio.. he is a legend!! and is it true david putermorsi will be coaching euroa? played under him when i was with tungamah.. best coach to play under!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad