Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Rochy defeated Koondrook-Barham by nearly 10 goals on Saturday. Ash Watson brilliant through the middle, Eliot Bowen and Tank McPhee unstoppable up forward. McPhee kicked 7 and Bowen 4?. Real test will be on Saturday when they front Euroa over there. Have had some pretty easy wins in practice matches so pressure will be on.

If you call not performing at there best on the biggest stage choking well yes they did. Key injuries hurt the swans last year but I think they would be the first to admit that they were well below there best in the GF. Totally agree with your call on Seymour, they may lack the motivation of the Swans though due to there recent success.
I really don't think Swans choked at all. If anything Seymour was just too good. Swans have however bridged the gap this year with several recruits and are ready stake their claim for a premiership. I reckon with their list, if they don't win this year then you can call it choking.

Round 1 - Split round is absolute madness. What are they trying to achieve by doing this so early? They better have had a very good reason to do so or maybe they are just plain stupid!

Rochy defeated Koondrook-Barham by nearly 10 goals on Saturday. Ash Watson brilliant through the middle, Eliot Bowen and Tank McPhee unstoppable up forward. McPhee kicked 7 and Bowen 4?. Real test will be on Saturday when they front Euroa over there. Have had some pretty easy wins in practice matches so pressure will be on.

any new recruits line up for rochy?? i heard a whispetr they had a couple of big names in the pipeline and were still to get them over the line... any1 see some new faces??

You clearly dont like the guy and by all accounts you have your reasons, and thats OK with me, but if you had not been at a club that he was involved with you would most likely not be able to say these things with the athourity and knowledge that you do, and in 6 months time Kyabram supporters may well be the new you, saying all the same things, for there sake i hope not, if this leopard can change its spots, and if he can kick 90 goals for the season, then Kye will be on track to play finals, i would not have thought that possible at the end of last season, in the interum to that happening i will the guy standing behind the goals when they play the LIONS giving him hell, there is allways somthing good to come out of all situations, being able give him hell will be my good.
Balraj will certainly help you get to the finals, but make sure you have others that will stand up if you want a flag.. Has a heart the size of a pea, and only plays for ca$h...

any new recruits line up for rochy?? i heard a whispetr they had a couple of big names in the pipeline and were still to get them over the line... any1 see some new faces??

No recruits that hadn't played already. Deuscher still missing but should be set this week. Had an ex rochy youngster Nick or Angus Chirnside (not sure which, they are identical twins) set to play last week. Has played in Warnambool league as a midfielder, but sounds as though a little cash was thrown around to keep him there. Does anyone know if Guy Campbell has definately signed at Echuca?

Any news?

Jim Kelly to Bonnie Doon is interesting one???? Surely he'd make a mockery of the Benalla comp, with the Lions a wee bit short perhaps this weekend Im tipping it might be put on hold to try and convince him to stay . . . . . time will tell

Gone Very quiet on here lads. There are some great games coming up this weekend with a lot of unknowns about most sides. I'll have a crack at some predictions.

Seymour by 2 goals over Benalla. Should be a cracker, Benalla will have improved with their recruiting but I'll go Seymour at thir home ground.

ROchy by under 10 points. Expecting a big year from the Tigers another great game with Rochy's onballers to lead them to victory.

Mansfield by 3 goals against KY. Both sides will be a lot different to last year. Ky with up to ten new players will take a while to gel. Always hard to win up in Mansfield.

Swans by 15 goals. Tat may be able to stick with Swans for a quarter or two but the swans class and bevy of matchwinners will see them win comfortably.

Anyone else willing to have a go.

Gone Very quiet on here lads. There are some great games coming up this weekend with a lot of unknowns about most sides. I'll have a crack at some predictions.

Seymour by 2 goals over Benalla. Should be a cracker, Benalla will have improved with their recruiting but I'll go Seymour at thir home ground.

ROchy by under 10 points. Expecting a big year from the Tigers another great game with Rochy's onballers to lead them to victory.

Mansfield by 3 goals against KY. Both sides will be a lot different to last year. Ky with up to ten new players will take a while to gel. Always hard to win up in Mansfield.

Swans by 15 goals. Tat may be able to stick with Swans for a quarter or two but the swans class and bevy of matchwinners will see them win comfortably.

Swans by 20 goals!

Morphous, on the kdl site they are saying that rachele might be staying at the swans, have you heard anything about this?!?!?

Yep he's staying at the Swans, his clearance was rejected and his knee is better then he first thought.

Seymour by 10+ goals
Euroa Rochester draw
Mansfield 6 goals
Swans by 30+ goals (could be a record)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he's staying at the Swans, his clearance was rejected and his knee is better then he first thought.

does this mean sabri and meka will stay at swans aswell?? was rachele the reason for them to be going to ardmona in the first place, or do they have mates out there?!?!

does this mean sabri and meka will stay at swans aswell?? was rachele the reason for them to be going to ardmona in the first place, or do they have mates out there?!?!

Their clearances are currently in progress so I'd say they're going.

Seymour by 5 goals, they have lost nothing from last season and gained 3 verygood ins
Kye by 4 pionts

Seymour by 5 goals, they have lost nothing from last season and gained 3 verygood ins
Kye by 4 pionts
i agree seymour will win although think we have lost a bit and gained little, razor is going good m ellis tries hard but is just the losses of 4 premiership players hurts in murray, o'keefe, van riet and kelly and to add j.anderson i think us lions will be strong but may come back to the pack a little. we do have some very good juniors coming through but are going to take time to really play well at senior level, fingers crossed though.

i agree seymour will win although think we have lost a bit and gained little, razor is going good m ellis tries hard but is just the losses of 4 premiership players hurts in murray, o'keefe, van riet and kelly and to add j.anderson i think us lions will be strong but may come back to the pack a little. we do have some very good juniors coming through but are going to take time to really play well at senior level, fingers crossed though.
ya dont thik cam Gillet and joey Armet will make a difference, a fit adam Reid.

Seymour 5 goals
Rochester 4goals
Kyabram 2 goals
Swans 30 + goals I agree with Celler, could be a record!

Yes we got a tough draw first up but also all year. Every week I think we might be playing someone above us on the ladder - Knaggsy must do the draw for the GV??

Im not sure Knaggsy does the Gv draw.. Looking at their draw last year:
played the 3 bottom teams (shepp,tat,kyabram) only once!
but i suppose they have to do that to save Tat the embarrassment of only scoring 1 rushed behind again..
good luck to tat this weekend, they will need it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad