Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

He has always thought he was pritty good. If this is true it seems he may be in a situation of knowing the right person!!

Well Cocko if it is him and he is calling for a major media network in Australia I would say he is pretty good as they usually have the pick of the crop.
Instead of shit canning anyone that has a go get on board as I reckon that is a great effort to refine your talents and end up where he has.
Cocko Dickliker have you ever been happy? Schools not forever champ although primary must have been the hardest 10 years you've done. Boom Boom. Smile you miserable git

Well Cocko if it is him and he is calling for a major media network in Australia I would say he is pretty good as they usually have the pick of the crop.
Instead of shit canning anyone that has a go get on board as I reckon that is a great effort to refine your talents and end up where he has.
Cocko Dickliker have you ever been happy? Schools not forever champ although primary must have been the hardest 10 years you've done. Boom Boom. Smile you miserable git
Oh, Im sorry. I was unaware that just because you have homosexual tendancies towards someone, everyone else must also say how much of a good bloke they are. Wouldnt think he was the only w***er to get some where. Even you know how to log onto the net. Dont like the man and Im sure he has gotten there because of who he knows, not how good he is. Have you never seen him on win news?

Big difference between being competitive in the seniors to the reserves, hey bud. If you dont have the coin or ability to recruit quality footballers for your seniors you wont be competitive. The GV isnt a district league where you can rely on local talent for the seniors. Having good locals may get you success in the 2s (as Rochy prooved) but you need a lot more to be competative in the 1s. Its a profesional league and if your not prepared to do the hard work and do it right you will be just making up the numbers!!!

get a load of yourself.. Look at tatura when they won the flag in 03, they had what? 2 players that werent local.. much better quality for the spporters to watch players from their own felsh than random people from all over the place that dont give a shit bout the team except for money..

get a load of yourself.. Look at tatura when they won the flag in 03, they had what? 2 players that werent local.. much better quality for the spporters to watch players from their own felsh than random people from all over the place that dont give a shit bout the team except for money..
How are they going now with their locals?
Didnt know the past was too relevant to whats happening in the GV now.
Would question the 2 players that werent local too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
think you may have hold of your self!

Why do you pick and choose what you post a reply to of mine?
Do you have to go out of your way to put me down??

Intentions signalled
Seymour has started its quest for a historic fourth consecutive Goulburn Valley Football League premiership with a 39-point victory over Benalla.
The Lions opened with a seven-goals-to-one first quarter as they put a ton of pressure on the Saints.
Brendan Stevens led a resilient Benalla to kick three of its seven goals in the second quarter and help cut the deficit to 28 at half-time, but Seymour regained the ascendancy to slot eight goals to six in the second half and snuff out any chance Benalla had of coming back to take the points, 20.13 (133) to 14.10 (94).
``We got ahead of ourselves and didn't do the selfless things we did in the first quarter, and when Benalla got a sniff _ full credit to them _ they got back into the game,'' Seymour coach Bernie Haberman said.
Ben Fahey lined up on Seymour's mercurial forward Saad Saad and while Saad finished the day with five goals, the honours were even over the afternoon.
Dom Russo proved just as damaging as Saad up forward with five majors, while Stevens kicked five to be Benalla's best player.
Ricky Symes kicked three goals late in the game but otherwise Robbie Inness did a great job minding him and Brent Colbert was fantastic in setting up play from half back.
Benalla coach Tim Symes said the first term was the difference between the two sides as his team outscored Seymour by a point during the next three quarters.
``We started poorly and weren't getting much of the footy but when we had it Seymour put a lot of pressure on us and we made a few mistakes,'' Symes said.
``We could have rolled over after quarter-time but the boys kept at it and played well in the second and last quarters so there were positives to take out of the game.''

Tigers warm to task
The report of star centre half-forward Elliot Bowen has proved the only dampener on Rochester's first-up 26-point victory over Euroa.
Bowen was ordered off after his number was taken by both umpires at the 19-minute mark of the first quarter for a strike on young opponent Matt Ivill.
While Bowen was cooling his heels on the sidelines, Euroa forward Scott Granger was failing to have a major impact up the other end.
He kicked his side's opening two goals before being completely shut down by Rochester young gun Perry Oliver.
Recruit Brad Collins kicked the Tigers' opening goal to bring Rochester within seven points of the Pies at quarter-time.
A man up for 15 minutes as a result of Bowen's send-off, Euroa did not capitalise.
It went goal-less during the key period of the match, while Rochester bagged two through Nathan Whipp and Scott Hann.
Bowen had an immediate impact upon his return to the ground, causing a contest against two Euroa defenders, which Whipp crumbed to kick his third.
He then booted one of his own, taking a clever mark and slotting the set shot as the Tigers took a one-goal lead into half-time.
A six-goals-to-two third quarter by Rochester blew the game wide open as Bowen got on top of Ivill, pulling in eight marks, five of them contested, and kicking two goals.
Stephen Ruane kicked the opening goal of the final quarter to give Euroa some hope of a comeback, but when Nick Smart missed an easy shot and Whipp slotted his fifth, the Tigers were home, prevailing 14.11 (95) to 10.9 (69).
Euroa's Mark Jansz kicked three consolation goals to finish with five for the game, but flashed in and out of the contest, as did Nick Smart who was best on ground in the first half but had little impact after.
Another recruit, Sam O'Brien, gathered plenty of ball in the midfield for Rochester, while Ash Watson ran hard all day to shake off the persistent tag of Craig Marshall and dominate in the midfield.
``We ran out the game well and stuck to our game plan and it started to work over time,'' Tigers coach Daniel Schmidt said.
``Even when they were a man up on us, we still controlled the game and ran the lines which helped us break the game open in the third quarter.''

Eagles stay just out of Bombers' reach
Gus Underwood
Mansfield shrugged off a determined Kyabram in the last 10 minutes of an error-filled clash to prevail at home by four goals.
The two sides went virtually goal for goal until halfway through the last quarter when the Eagles were able to produce more leg speed and kicked four unanswered goals to win, 12.17 (89) to 8.17 (65).
Mansfield's smaller running players, led by Fraser Stevenson and Dan Roy, showed the way home for the Eagles along with Matt Storer who was able to break the shackles of young tagger Steve Thomson in the final minutes to help get his side over the line in what was an entertaining low-scoring encounter.
Kyabram's much lauded forward line was not able to make an impact on the game, but wasn't helped by inaccuracy at the goal front with brothers David and Paul Newman the main culprits.
A club best and fairest winner David Newman, making a return to the club, finished with 1.5 and Paul 2.4.
Apart from inspirational onballer Stevenson and Roy, premiership player Shaun Monohan made an impact on his return and other star recruits _ key forward Ben Fagan and Craig Flint _ showed they will be assets for the Eagles this season, while veteran Warren Smith stood up.
New Bomber forward recruit Balraj Singh made a dream start with his new club with a goal with his first kick and the first three for his side for the game, but was given little latitude by a tight-knit Mansfield defence.
The Bombers welcomed back former players Chris Atkins, David Newman and Zane Coventry in the game and all stepped up to the mark.
Coventry was particularly impressive in the ruck and the tireless Atkins and Newman did a lot of good work against the ground.
Key defenders, skipper Josh Vick and Brett Morgan, were hard at the ball all day and got great support from Justin Chambers who played a dominant first half and also another of the Bomber young brigade, Brad Mangan.
Thirds captain Brad Edwards showed he is going to be a class act and Matt Deledio, Ryan Edwards and Paul Newman also did a lot of telling work for the visitors.
Mansfield showed enough to suggest it can make its presence felt again under new coach Christian Thomson while Kyabram, under the legendary David Williams this season, also revealed it could be a big improver.

Big man in wrangle about his future
Ashleigh Williamson

Seymour will have to fight for the clearance of talented youngster Josh Meiselbach who is at the centre of a clearance wrangle with Southern NSW AFL clubs.
Meiselbach is citing travel and family matters in his decision to leave Collingullie-Ashmont-Kapooka for the three-time reigning Goulburn Valley Football League premier.

The 20-year-old lives with his parents in Broadford, works in their fish and chip shop in Kilmore and to play for Collingullie-Ashmont-Kapooka in the NSW Riverina is an eight-hour round trip.

``We're not putting any pressure on Josh, we'll let him tell us what he wants to do and if he decides he wants to play with Seymour we'll help him deal with the required process,'' Seymour vice-president John Youngman said.

``The only way to deal with it is to let Josh make his own decision because it's regarding his personal life and he needs to be sure he's doing what he wants.''

The mobile ruckman has a decorated junior career behind him.

A graduate of the AIS-AFL Academy in 2004, his time there was spent alongside current AFL players Marc Murphy, Matthew Leuenberger and Joel Selwood.

He played eight permit games with the Lions last year and also featured prominently in Farrer Football League Collingullie's third successive failed grand final appearance.

He signed a contract with Collingullie shortly after last season tying him with the Demons for at least this year.

Riverina league side Eastern Hawks claimed it had signed the athletic tall despite him having a previous agreement with Collingullie, which has denied a clearance to either club.

AFL NSW-ACT guidelines stipulate that a player under contract and/or owing property and money can be refused a clearance by his club.

Depending on the terms of the contract, Meiselbach faces a minimum of 12 months or possibly two years out of the game if Collingullie refuses to grant him a clearance.

Farrer league secretary Luke Olsen said the matter was likely to result in an appeal hearing and understands Collingullie's stance on the issue.

``He signed a contract and he should honour that, they see him as a required player that will play a big part in them winning a premiership this year,'' Olsen said.

``It's a legal contract that league's take seriously and we've got to take a stand so things like this don't happen all the time.

``If players sign a contract then are allowed to move off to another club where they're offered more money it sets a precedent for the league and opens up a can of worms.''

paul neville from tatura to win the morrison medal this year, he is fit and ready to tear apart any other midefeild willing to take him on.

paul neville from tatura to win the morrison medal this year, he is fit and ready to tear apart any other midefeild willing to take him on.
What number was neville on the weekend, saw the game Tat wouldn't have had a player in the top ten on ground, would think he has a lot of work to do, or is this a tongue in cheek comment

Must be really tearing them apart! No goals and not in the best in Tatura's flogging on the weekend. I suppose its hard to play well when you playing against the rabble of the Shepp Swans. Like they say "Its hard to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a fair question. As Im fairly confident Im not the one who goes out of their way to put another person down, like he does!

Haha haah ha. You are the funniest bloke on Big Footy old Cocko. I laugh with each and every response. I might have to call you GOLDFISH as you forget what you did after every 10 seconds.
You seem to have a short term memory issue and I thought I could help with a few other issues and have attached some reading for you

*Advances in Pyschiatric Treatment, Volume 9 (pgs. 280-288). Author Luty

Have a read of the attached as I am sure it is you in a nutshell. You can thank me later as I am sure I have saved you $500 in consultation fees.
Give up the typing and GET HELP. But in between keep those jokes coming as you are the funniest muppet on Big Footy by a long way.

What number was neville on the weekend, saw the game Tat wouldn't have had a player in the top ten on ground, would think he has a lot of work to do, or is this a tongue in cheek comment

I thought he had a great year last year but nobody was going to challenge Little to the B&F. He may be good enough to win the club B&F this year but it is always hard to win a league B&F if a lower end club.

Joey Amad snuck onto the bench in the Lions line up...the Lions have a blooded a few youngsters from last years under 18's side which is great.

Few players still to return, should be a great game...be interesting to see who gets R Symes with Joffa Anderson out until later in the year.
where are you playing this season f.b.p and have you been reported yet

Haha haah ha. You are the funniest bloke on Big Footy old Cocko. I laugh with each and every response. I might have to call you GOLDFISH as you forget what you did after every 10 seconds.
You seem to have a short term memory issue and I thought I could help with a few other issues and have attached some reading for you

*Advances in Pyschiatric Treatment, Volume 9 (pgs. 280-288). Author Luty

Have a read of the attached as I am sure it is you in a nutshell. You can thank me later as I am sure I have saved you $500 in consultation fees.
Give up the typing and GET HELP. But in between keep those jokes coming as you are the funniest muppet on Big Footy by a long way.
Thats not true about Goldfish. Might be best if you do some real research rather than relying on old wives tales and what you hear down the pub.
But as you say "A fact can ruin a good argument."

Personal insults b/ween CD & GG are getting a bit boring...Ease up hey!

Anyways, Pop quiz to Euroa people.

Re the Herald Sun's (P.80 today) regular tribute to clubs & leagues in Country Vic has Rory Hilton as a product of Wodonga Raiders. I thought he was Euroa born and bred? Which is true?

Has anybody read the article in Shep News on Pg 28 today titled "Seeing Red's an essential ingredient" by Teo Pellizzeri? His article is mainly about the use of yellow + red cards in all leagues but the AFL. How good would it have been to see big Bazza yellow or red carded on Saturday night! If it is good enough at world cup soccer level to red card a player where there are millions of dollars at stake surely it is good enough for the AFL to use these cards!

I just didn't agree with his final statement in that article about the umpires handling and diffusing the situation. It wasn't the umpires it was big Bazza when he huffed and he puffed and he blew Hunter over! Everyone else was then scared or in shock! :eek:

Personal insults b/ween CD & GG are getting a bit boring...Ease up hey!

Anyways, Pop quiz to Euroa people.

Re the Herald Sun's (P.80 today) regular tribute to clubs & leagues in Country Vic has Rory Hilton as a product of Wodonga Raiders. I thought he was Euroa born and bred? Which is true?
Played junior football at Euroa then moved to Wadonga where he played for the Raiders and Bushies. Was drafted to Brisbane from Raiders. Lived in Euroa for a long time but I dont think he played other than juniors before being drafted.

Has anybody read the article in Shep News on Pg 28 today titled "Seeing Red's an essential ingredient" by Teo Pellizzeri? His article is mainly about the use of yellow + red cards in all leagues but the AFL. How good would it have been to see big Bazza yellow or red carded on Saturday night! If it is good enough at world cup soccer level to red card a player where there are millions of dollars at stake surely it is good enough for the AFL to use these cards!

I just didn't agree with his final statement in that article about the umpires handling and diffusing the situation. It wasn't the umpires it was big Bazza when he huffed and he puffed and he blew Hunter over! Everyone else was then scared or in shock! :eek:

The send off rule (red cards in particular) penalises a team before the person goes to tribunal. If the player is found not guilty at the tribunal the team has played one down for the game. Now if you could send off and replace a player, I kinda like that idea. The other problem is one umpire will give a yellow card for a hit, while another gives a red. Need to have a lot of consistency if they bought it into the AFL.

The send off rule (red cards in particular) penalises a team before the person goes to tribunal. If the player is found not guilty at the tribunal the team has played one down for the game. Now if you could send off and replace a player, I kinda like that idea. The other problem is one umpire will give a yellow card for a hit, while another gives a red. Need to have a lot of consistency if they bought it into the AFL.

I like the idea that was brought up on "On The Couch" on Monday night were if the 'victim' is injured and has to leave the field then the 'culprit' must stay off for that same period of time. So if a bloke gets wacked and has to go off for stitches then the bloke doing the wacking has to sit on the sidelines for that time and the team can't replace him.

I like the idea that was brought up on "On The Couch" on Monday night were if the 'victim' is injured and has to leave the field then the 'culprit' must stay off for that same period of time. So if a bloke gets wacked and has to go off for stitches then the bloke doing the wacking has to sit on the sidelines for that time and the team can't replace him.

And if Chris Judd whacked Courtney Johns, you'd make sure Johns stays off for the whole game.

That rule can be abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad