Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

No Heart said:
Euroa will unleash a three-pronged ruck division next year after securing the services of former Northern Bullant Damon Clarke.

Rumour has it Damon Clarke won't be as successful as some people may think. Was being pursued by a few clubs and a lot of them did not want him because its a known fact hes soft! Not in the same league as Jansz.

Hes done a preseason at Melbourne and the Bulldogs and all pre-season reports, same verdict - petrified.

Euroa departures - D Howse (hard as nails)
Euroa arrivals - D Clarke (soft as butter)

What cost Euroa the Grand Final? Soft blokes like Lamaro. Now they've just gone and recruited a six foot plus version of Lamaro.
Calling blokes soft when you have a heading as NO HEART, that sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. Clarke doesnt have to be tough at the ball mate as long as he gets 1st use to the rovers he will be doing his job. There arent to many 208cm people who have the skills as him and Im sure he will beat most ruckman in the league through his ability to the read the play and endurance. You keep bagging lamaro about being soft. Considering he was off injured in the early part of the game with a torn calf and achillies.
Get you ********ing facts right before bagging people mate.
Bomber thomson coming back adds a bit of strength to the team as well. So ******** off back to bed and keep rooting your grandmas aunty ********face.........

FOOTYBOSS said:
You keep bagging lamaro about being soft. Considering he was off injured in the early part of the game with a torn calf and achillies.
QUOTE]
dont agree wif everything he said mate but ******** it has to b said that lamaro is soft, i havent seen him go for a hard ball get in senior football yet.. if he was injured he shouldnt of been playing, i think that cost the maggies the flag

CLarke would be a good pick up at any gv club, soft or not we'l see in round 1

Zippa said:
FOOTYBOSS said:
You keep bagging lamaro about being soft. Considering he was off injured in the early part of the game with a torn calf and achillies.
QUOTE]
dont agree wif everything he said mate but ******** it has to b said that lamaro is soft, i havent seen him go for a hard ball get in senior football yet.. if he was injured he shouldnt of been playing, i think that cost the maggies the flag

CLarke would be a good pick up at any gv club, soft or not we'l see in round 1

Keeping the Full Fwd on the ground cost them the flag !!

FOOTYBOSS said:
All rumours that are untrue fbp. Bundoora were always going to speak to there ex players and crazy if they werent. Especially how well Hyatt and King have played in the gvfl.
As for McBrien training with Epping, well he cant even run yet due injuries sustained in the reserves prelim. Maybe they have there wires crossed as he was at the gym talking to a few players he used to play with, he was also drinking plenty of beers at euroa cup on sunday where he spent the whole weekend. So pretty sure he is staying put.

Thats good

MAXIMUM_POWER said:

Yes, and how will he go against the premier ruckman in the comp, Schottner?

I don't think it will matter, with bailey set to come back for the Lions, schottner is likely to come off the pine into the forward pocket. Thats about it. Schottner is getting on a bit.

Lets hope Bailey can steer clear of injuries and show the GV just how good he is. First game is set to be another cracker with Euroa's recruits.

Although, that is depending on all their availabilities, the Euroa boys might be in the slammer after robbing all of the convienient stores around preston to pay for all these blokes, esspecially if they snare the million dollar man Rory Hilton.

There must be a lot of new houses going up around the Euroa area, or were there recently floods or something? Xavier Thomson (major sponsor) must be selling a lot of carpet!!

FOOTYBOSS said:
All rumours that are untrue fbp. Bundoora were always going to speak to there ex players and crazy if they werent. Especially how well Hyatt and King have played in the gvfl.
As for McBrien training with Epping, well he cant even run yet due injuries sustained in the reserves prelim. Maybe they have there wires crossed as he was at the gym talking to a few players he used to play with, he was also drinking plenty of beers at euroa cup on sunday where he spent the whole weekend. So pretty sure he is staying put.
Just what I heard dont shoot the messenger?

LOBSTER said:
Just what I heard dont shoot the messenger?

Exactly, why would we make this s h i t up. Whether its true or not, its info worth posting such that people can dispell the rumour, add about 100 ****** in there and blast the messenger.

Good news for the Cats...

It seems that Karl Normal did not attend his scheduled first training run with the Western Bulldongs, yesterday or whenever it was. One raido identitty hammered him, saying that he is a boy that needs to be taken by the hand and lead to trining to realise the opportunity that he has been presented with.

Rosco5 said:
Keeping the Full Fwd on the ground cost them the flag !!

Here here, that and big Janz having a shocker I reckon.....bout time you returned Rosco5 a lot have been asking for ya.

Rattray to have a crack with Bombers

By Richard Goodbody

November 16 2005
Shepparton News

Star Seymour forward Patty Rattray is the first casualty of the Lions' premiership line-up.
The 22-year-old goalkicking ace yesterday confirmed he had signed with the Bendigo Bombers in the VFL next year after receiving a phone call from club coach Matthew Knights.

"They approached me after the grand final and said they were keen for me to play with them next year," Rattray said.

"I'm only 22 and thought that I should have a crack.

"I've never really thought about playing (in the VFL) before, but now seems like a good time to have a go."

After crossing from Avenel to Seymour at the start of the year Rattray quickly established himself as one of the Lions' premier forwards.

Playing primarily across half-forward, the agile big man booted 20 goals throughout the season including three against Euroa in the Lions' 11-point grand final victory.

"I'm not sure where I'll play at the moment," Rattray said.

"Matty (Knights) said I'll probably spend a bit of time at centre half-forward and a bit of time at full-forward, but he'll probably throw me around a little.

"I'm looking forward to it."

Holding up Rattray's preparations, however, is a recent knee injury he sustained while playing cricket at Avenel.

After diving for a ball in the outfield, Rattray tore the cartilage in his knee, which is still a few weeks away from healing.

"I've got to have a bit of physio done, but I should be right to train after Christmas," he said.

"Bendigo don't seem too fazed about it, but I'll start training as soon as I can."

Travvy43 said:
Good news for the Cats...

It seems that Karl Normal did not attend his scheduled first training run with the Western Bulldongs, yesterday or whenever it was. One raido identitty hammered him, saying that he is a boy that needs to be taken by the hand and lead to trining to realise the opportunity that he has been presented with.

Saying that, do you think he is going to be motivated to play GV footy? We all know how much he loves his disco buscuits and partying, unless billy's bakehouse turns into a raging Mooroopna night club I'd doubt he will move to Mooroopna to play. So then how do you think he's going to go travelling to Mooroopna on a weekly basis if he can't even get the motivation to go to a league clubs training?

He would be asking big bucks and I reckon he's going to train and be keen as cat s h i t...doubt it.

He obviously has career oppotunities else where other than footy if he's willing to give up chances like that with the Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bradrowe#32 said:
Rosco5 said:
Rosco's finally back!

Any news for us?

Rowey, I've read your slander on the HDFL thread !! No news from me, shall post most on the HDFL site or start up the KDFL site which Doona should get into if Yea are welcomed in.
Anyway, re Rattray, he only 'came of age' when he left Avenel originally and came to Nagambie in 2003 where he really started playing some good footy and maturing. Spoke to him Saturday, his knee will cause him some huge problems, second time he's done it in quite inoccuous circumstances so it will be a problem. Cost us a finals berth in 2003 when he did it after kicking 15 and 7, then fell down going 'upstairs' maggoted and that was the end of that!
Good luck to him though.

Haven't sighted Inness No. 15 of late, is he still alive guys???

Has any one heard of a rumour involving Leigh Colbert joining a club in the GVFL

Doona2 said:
Haven't sighted Inness No. 15 of late, is he still alive guys???

Last time i saw him he was lathered in coconut oil and soaking up the rays whilst boxing on the pier down at St Kilda.

Nah, thats bulls h i t. He's been working hard, trying to get fit ready for a big pre-season starting in a week.

He has been linked to Seddon-Yarraville - helping them set up a pre-season fitness program I believe, he did a good job at the lions last season, so that is good for him. Starting to spread his expertise.

Samtrish said:
Has any one heard of a rumour involving Leigh Colbert joining a club in the GVFL
There was a rumour that Echuca was chasing either Colbert or McKernan, but I think that was more hope than anything else.

Punter_22 said:
There was a rumour that Echuca was chasing either Colbert or McKernan, but I think that was more hope than anything else.
Heard that McKernan may be purchasing a pub in Echuca. Any truth to that.

Was Sholl good friends with McKernan and Colbert????

HawkeEye said:
Heard that McKernan may be purchasing a pub in Echuca. Any truth to that.

Was Sholl good friends with McKernan and Colbert????

Heard that whisper as well. I was told by someone from within the club that they were chasing the pair hard.
I think Sholl is mates with them. Mind you he was good mates with Anthony Stevens and Echuca could not attract him last year.

but colbert and mckernan don't have family playing at other clubs. so they might be a chance.
although i thought i read somewhere that mckernan was already signed up to a surburban club.

echucaboy - help us out here mate!! have you heard of any of this?? any realistic chance of these 2 guys being murray bombers next year??

All a load of crap i reckon. Every year there are rumours about roos players coming to echuca cos sholly is there.

If they did come they wouldnt be on much cash anyways, pretty unrealistic that any ex-roos will be at Echuca next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad