Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

fat back pocket said:
About the same as your first comment on the argument. A nothing, rediculously stupid statement from a juvenile delinquent.

You have nothing to say on a discussion so you shell out stupid remarks like you did that no one really gives a ******** about.

Maybe we can talk about your high-flying antics and great highlights.

We couldn't even put 10 seconds of highlights together for you, and thats on super super slow mo, because you don't get near the ball, you're never on the tape. The only highlights of you is of when your opponent pushes your scrawny body out of the way to bustle through the packs, or during the warm ups if you're lucky enough to have a cameraman dedicated to doing it.

Give us something interesting to talk about and we can argue further. But until then, heck off small fry.

haha I give this thread plenty, when I no of something worth saying.

FBP once again you take it to far and delve into personal football ability........Silly FBP. It would be an honour for you to perhaps tape me running around in the park nude or me lathering myself in coconut scented body chocolate.

Though I still feel that even if it were angelina jolie doing that sort of thing your remarkable DVD of the great "SAAD SAAD" would still hold rank in your video cabnet.

Perhaps they should have taken in the video camera to your tribunal hearing where you kinghit your best mate, as that was the highlight of your Fat career.

I have plenty to say on discussions that I know something about, I informed everyone Guy Campbell would be playing at Echuca United, that Col Durie is staying put at Echuca and that Brad Smith is playing again after a year off......

Grimmett said:
Aww, c'mon. I'm enjoying the rapier wit of this cut and thrust event. :D

I'd say that wit isn't a word which would be used when describing FBP...

jmain14 said:
rochy start this week - will they get many there rowey?? few of the thirds boys are probably keen to go are they??

Not sure mate. There should be a few around that should go. A few of the thirds are pretty keen, but I don't know why. A preseason under Dirty is hell!

No need to take a shot at FBP people! If anything do it at a kid called EchucaBoy. He had a go at FBP for no apparent reason other than providing you guys with some entertainment of Saad which I'm sure you guys enjoyed. Whats your beef with FBP Mr Echucaboy?

ECHUCABOY said:
haha I give this thread plenty, when I no of something worth saying.

FBP once again you take it to far and delve into personal football ability........Silly FBP. It would be an honour for you to perhaps tape me running around in the park nude or me lathering myself in coconut scented body chocolate.

Though I still feel that even if it were angelina jolie doing that sort of thing your remarkable DVD of the great "SAAD SAAD" would still hold rank in your video cabnet.

Perhaps they should have taken in the video camera to your tribunal hearing where you kinghit your best mate, as that was the highlight of your Fat career.

I have plenty to say on discussions that I know something about, I informed everyone Guy Campbell would be playing at Echuca United, that Col Durie is staying put at Echuca and that Brad Smith is playing again after a year off......

Thats good, people ask about what's going with Seymour, saad was a part of seymour, so i let them know.

If you know info on saad, please let us know.

And the bloke i "king hit" wasn't ever my best friend. He is though, the softest man on the football field, and that list includes you Echucaboy.

I think you better get back to the books school boy, isn't it exams time?

bradrowe#32 said:
Not sure mate. There should be a few around that should go. A few of the thirds are pretty keen, but I don't know why. A preseason under Dirty is hell!
yeah that keenness will ware off pretty quick I am sure. when does ardmona start and will you be present at their first training sessions??

are ya still playing cricket or what?? I hope to pull out the whites once before I snip off.

fat back pocket said:
Thats good, people ask about what's going with Seymour, saad was a part of seymour, so i let them know.

If you know info on saad, please let us know.

And the bloke i "king hit" wasn't ever my best friend. He is though, the softest man on the football field, and that list includes you Echucaboy.

I think you better get back to the books school boy, isn't it exams time?

Sorry I forgot that its bad to be young..............wish I was 40 actually... :confused:

I got no problem with FBP, just thinks he loves saad a little too much which is no biggy anyways, Mr.FBP seems like a good bloke, just thought I'd give a little.

Anyway back to some GV talk, whats the Rumbalara situation, will they get into the GVFL in the near future. I remember when I was doing work experience at the GV a while back I went to the VCFL General Meeting with eric bott after Rumba had just put in their application to play in the GVFL.

On the night of the meeting they were the only People required to attend who didn't send anyone or an apology.

Now that they've got this sponsoring from collingwood, I'd like to think they would smarten up before thryin to get back into the GV.

You would think at this point in time that they would be a long way off tho???

Thoughts??

jmain14 said:
yeah that keenness will ware off pretty quick I am sure. when does ardmona start and will you be present at their first training sessions??

are ya still playing cricket or what?? I hope to pull out the whites once before I snip off.

Not sure when training starts. I don't want to think about it until next year.

I've played 2 games this year. Great fun. Hope you can make it up for a game.

Thats more like it EB! I would think in terms of playing personell that they would be a long way off the GV. Watched the Rumba vs Yea GF and I think it is safe to say that this years 6 GVFL reserves finalists would have beaten Rumbalara. But with them being loaded up on cash, could be in 2-3 years and they would probably have to dominate the Murray league before being considered

bradrowe#32 said:
Not sure when training starts. I don't want to think about it until next year.

I've played 2 games this year. Great fun. Hope you can make it up for a game.
won't be able to play this w'end but would you be able to throw my name up the following w'end?? mightn't get a game, sounds like you's aren't real short on players!!

are any of the seymour boys on here going to the seymour races on sat'y?? have got a bus trip/bux party on there. should be a ********er. don't think I have ever been to the seymour track.

jmain14 said:
won't be able to play this w'end but would you be able to throw my name up the following w'end?? mightn't get a game, sounds like you's aren't real short on players!!

are any of the seymour boys on here going to the seymour races on sat'y?? have got a bus trip/bux party on there. should be a ********er. don't think I have ever been to the seymour track.

Track is quite nice. Grandale is the man to speak to. Not to sure how many will be there though.

What is the day? Pucka cup or something? or just a general day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fat back pocket said:
Track is quite nice. Grandale is the man to speak to. Not to sure how many will be there though.

What is the day? Pucka cup or something? or just a general day?

Much to my dismay, not too many Seymour footballers are into the nags.
Wouldn't imagine there'll be too many out there.
I believe HJ32 will also be attending a buck's do at Royal Seymour on Saturday. Could it be the same one?

jmain14 said:

Dont think Pucka Cup is this week, pretty sure as far as horses go, a Class 3 over 1000m is the highest grade on show. Plenty of maidens which usually means big fields and open betting.....should be alright - Im hoping numbers for cricket are ok.

Grandale said:
I believe HJ32 will also be attending a buck's do at Royal Seymour on Saturday. Could it be the same one?

no it aint! our lad pulled the pin on the races idea, instead it's a pub crawl around Bendigo and district....

Did hear at the local on the weekend that Chris Dunne has been sounded out by Shepparton Bears. Can anyone confirm or deny this one???

Grandale said:
Question is Doona, would you get a game?

Not on form mate, your fearless C-grade skipper Chad Bonney had me caught on the midwicket fence pulling (top edged her) for 5 on Saturday. A little birdy (Chad) told me today his club's senior skipper lucked out in the second dig and wasn't overly impressed, did you partake in the same match?

Doona2 said:
Not on form mate, your fearless C-grade skipper Chad Bonney had me caught on the midwicket fence pulling (top edged her) for 5 on Saturday. A little birdy (Chad) told me today his club's senior skipper lucked out in the second dig and wasn't overly impressed, did you partake in the same match?

Nah, didn't have the pleasure of playing in the mighty Maroons' A Grade win over the reigning champs, but partook in our B Grade's outright win over the Swans.
You're right about the skipper. Came back to the rooms all glum despite the big win. He's had about four hits this season and is yet to register double figures (IN TOTAL) I believe. Adding to his horror day was the fact his nemesis from his junior days, Shaun Pearce, got him again.

There is a bucks day on for Ox kings brother at the seymour races so there should be quite a few seymour boys there.

Grandale said:

The above post is in relation to this quote!!!

Doona2 said:

Not sure if he was that fussed. Fact is Seymour had already claimed the 6 points, which was the important thing. Going out cheaply wasn't a huge issue. He just walked off, didn't say too much.

It was young tommy stevens who flipped out, at square leg wanting to run over and punch the bowler.

All in good fun. But if you see any avenel blokes, ask them how many points they took away from the weekend. And how many pearce made.

Grandale said:
Nah, didn't have the pleasure of playing in the mighty Maroons' A Grade win over the reigning champs, but partook in our B Grade's outright win over the Swans.
You're right about the skipper. Came back to the rooms all glum despite the big win. He's had about four hits this season and is yet to register double figures (IN TOTAL) I believe. Adding to his horror day was the fact his nemesis from his junior days, Shaun Pearce, got him again.

In fact it is 2 games - 3 hits, aggregate total of 4 thus far. ********ing robbed against broadford, victim of the great umpire Jim Hadfield. Ask Chippa Douglas about it!! The other two were decent nuts.

RUCK 'N' ROLL

By Richard Goodbody

November 15 2005
Shepparton News

Euroa will unleash a three-pronged ruck division next year after securing the services of former Northern Bullant Damon Clarke.
The 202 cm utility, who was recruited to the VFL club from the Northern Knights, spent the majority of his time at the Bullants playing out of the goalsquare, but will now be released into the middle of the ground under the tutelage of Euroa coach Dave Gleeson.

"He's been committed to us since the middle of the year," Gleeson said.

"It's not often that you get a six-footseven player to your club . . . so he should be good.

"We'll probably play him in the ruck and rotate him with Mark Jansz and Luke Hyatt."

While the Magpies were desperately unlucky to lose this year's Goulburn Valley Football League Grand Final - Seymour prevailed in thrilling fashion by 11 points - Gleeson believes his side is on track to finish one spot higher in 2006.

Not only have they signed Clarke, but they have also regained the services of dour defender Ashley Thompson, who this year coached Narrandera to a grand final spot in Riverina Football League.

The big news coming out of Memorial Oval, however, is the Magpies' bid for former Brisbane and Richmond defender Rory Hilton.

Hilton, who originally hails from Euroa, was delisted by the Tigers earlier this year and has been in constant negotiations with his junior club.

After being drafted by the Lions with the number three selection in the 1996 National Draft, Hilton was traded to the Tigers at the end of 1998, where he played 82 of his 91 AFL matches.

"Rory's our number one priority at the moment," Gleeson said.

"If we can get him then we're done (on a recruiting front).

"We're currently in negotiations and we're hopeful he'll sign."

While the Magpies will begin pre-season training next week, it is not all good news for the GVFL powerhouse.

Yesterday, Gleeson confirmed that gun on-baller Daniel Howse would not be returning in 2006.

"Daniel won't be back," he said.

"He's the only player that we know about at the moment.

"He's going back to Bundoora next year because of family reasons . . . but hopefully everyone else will be back."

Old news confirmed to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad