Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

I have heard Hilton has put $35k on his head, no doubt Euroa would not be paying him that much which is probably why the negotiations have been drawn out so long.

I see in today's papers that the Kangaroos are going to delist Michael Stevens so he can try and get picked up in the National Draft or Pre-season Draft.
Question for the GV blokes in the know.
If he doesn't get drafted what are the chances he'd join Anthony at Benalla?

Grimmett said:
I see in today's papers that the Kangaroos are going to delist Michael Stevens so he can try and get picked up in the National Draft or Pre-season Draft.

Is Tone confirmed to be going around again?

Pretty sure well 90% that Stevo will go around again which is really good news for the Saints.

Had a chat with Michael Stevens at a night spot in Melbourne say a month ago (both of us where off chops) and from what he said, he wanted to either play League footy with the Kangaroos or not play footy at all (which i presume would be the VFL or SANFL type) so im sure if he was given the chop then he could very well make his way up to Benalla.

I wouldnt read to much into that however, as you know when uve had a few you talk a bit of dribble. Cracking blokes the Stevens.

cheers

Grimmett said:

Is Garry Stevens playing again next season? You'd have to say Tat would be a big chance to snare him if he doesnt get drafted, because of the amount of money thats rumoured they'll fork out next season...

Junkie said:
You're an absolute fu#4kwit Tige! Can you point out Euroa's poor years both on the field and financially?

Making claims like that removes any credibility you ever had, and I used to read your posts with interest.

Euroa has played finals footy regularly in the last 9 or so years and have always had a strong following for a town their size.

Who has been making all these claims you refer to? Stick to the facts you redneck freak!

Haha just saw this one, very well written mate. I was just pushing a few buttons mate for a bit of a fun, nothing serious.

As far as credibility------ carefactor is very low mate, in fact i couldnt give a rats arse. I dont know you nor do i care to know you so your best to waste your time having a crack at someone who actually cares about what your saying.

Oh and the redneck call was full of class, enjoyed that one actually. It basically secured all my thoughts of you buddy.

ciao :thumbsu: ;)

a.k.a. said:
Is Garry Stevens playing again next season? You'd have to say Tat would be a big chance to snare him if he doesnt get drafted, because of the amount of money thats rumoured they'll fork out next season...
I thought Garry Stevens retired at the end of this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Euroa will unleash a three-pronged ruck division next year after securing the services of former Northern Bullant Damon Clarke.

Rumour has it Damon Clarke won't be as successful as some people may think. Was being pursued by a few clubs and a lot of them did not want him because its a known fact hes soft! Not in the same league as Jansz.

Hes done a preseason at Melbourne and the Bulldogs and all pre-season reports, same verdict - petrified.

Euroa departures - D Howse (hard as nails)
Euroa arrivals - D Clarke (soft as butter)

What cost Euroa the Grand Final? Soft blokes like Lamaro. Now they've just gone and recruited a six foot plus version of Lamaro.

Duff Man said:
I take it you dont rate Clarke No Heart?
I dont rate his physical attack at the football, and I hope Euroa aren't paying him big bucks.

Good tap ruckman, good mark, beautiful kick of the footy - but soft.

Duff Man said:
I take it you dont rate Clarke No Heart?

Anyone that's played almost 100 VFL senior games has gotta have something going for them.
Euroa have to be a better side with him in the team than if he wasn't.

No Heart said:
I dont rate his physical attack at the football, and I hope Euroa aren't paying him big bucks.

Good tap ruckman, good mark, beautiful kick of the footy - but soft.

How will he go against the premier ruckmen in the GV this year? (Sutherland, Kirby etc..)

Someone has beaten Tige to the punch in announcing the big guns Tatura are after. Woudl be two vauable additions to the bulldogs in 2006 if negotiations are successful

cookie33 said:
2 ex bullants gutterson and hooper are heading to the gv. apparantley with tatura its almost sealed.

Do the Bullants have any players left????!! honestly, lets rename the bullants the 'gv breeding ground'. Anyone who has distinctly worn the 'ants pants has got a link to Seymour, Euroa, or Tat......

Honestly, WHO THROWS A SHOE????!

Xander said:
How will he go against the premier ruckmen in the GV this year? (Sutherland, Kirby etc..)

Yes, and how will he go against the premier ruckman in the comp, Schottner?

I reckon i know who Cookie is, well i have a fair idea anyhow. But thats great news if true......

No Heart said:
Euroa will unleash a three-pronged ruck division next year after securing the services of former Northern Bullant Damon Clarke.

Rumour has it Damon Clarke won't be as successful as some people may think. Was being pursued by a few clubs and a lot of them did not want him because its a known fact hes soft! Not in the same league as Jansz.

Hes done a preseason at Melbourne and the Bulldogs and all pre-season reports, same verdict - petrified.

Euroa departures - D Howse (hard as nails)
Euroa arrivals - D Clarke (soft as butter)

What cost Euroa the Grand Final? Soft blokes like Lamaro. Now they've just gone and recruited a six foot plus version of Lamaro.

How can a rumour have it that he wont be successfull as some think?

Very poor post!

Euroa Departures - D Howse (hard as nails)
Euora Arrivals - A Thomson (hard as nails)

fat back pocket said:
Interesting news. Great post Lobster.

FOOTYBOSS, could you enlighten us on any of these rumours? True/Untrue?

Don't be supprised if McBrien is just trying to do some extra work before Euroa starts. But i did hear that King was thinking of a return to bundoora. Maybe this confirms the rumour?
All rumours that are untrue fbp. Bundoora were always going to speak to there ex players and crazy if they werent. Especially how well Hyatt and King have played in the gvfl.
As for McBrien training with Epping, well he cant even run yet due injuries sustained in the reserves prelim. Maybe they have there wires crossed as he was at the gym talking to a few players he used to play with, he was also drinking plenty of beers at euroa cup on sunday where he spent the whole weekend. So pretty sure he is staying put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad