Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Wizz said:
ha ha ha yeah i remember that day was pretty good actually had a fair bit to drink and the umpire was continually on my case about drinking. However mainy i was helped out with the beers with Benny A who rocked up as well and fair to say we had a skinfull think we ended up in Bendigo didnt we.
Rowey had a beard hey how big was it, must of been huge after 5 months would of been itchy in the summer.
sorry yeah - I had forgotten about benny being there also. you's must have had a slab each then hehe. yeah rowey's beard was pretty good. I reckon he'd look like a new man these days.

back to gv news, the latest is that terry warren is starting a pre-season and could be lining up with rochy next year. wizz would have seen a few recent photo's of wazz from an email going around, and he would be able to substantiate that he is looking very fit at the moment.

jmain14 said:
sorry yeah - I had forgotten about benny being there also. you's must have had a slab each then hehe. yeah rowey's beard was pretty good. I reckon he'd look like a new man these days.

back to gv news, the latest is that terry warren is starting a pre-season and could be lining up with rochy next year. wizz would have seen a few recent photo's of wazz from an email going around, and he would be able to substantiate that he is looking very fit at the moment.

Yeah mate very fit especially if that kangaroos outfit he has on is Ash Watsons gear. Imagine he would be doing PB on the beep tests.

has anyone heard the latest rumor coming out of benalla that they signed a gun ruckman and onballer on the weekend?

nigel31 said:
has anyone heard the latest rumor coming out of benalla that they signed a gun ruckman and onballer on the weekend?
Did hear a rumour a while ago that they were chasing Mark Porter (ex Carlton and Kangaroos). Haven't heard anything concrete since, but this could be the ruckman?

Duff Man said:
Some shepp bears 2's have been spoken to by ex coach Trav Hampshire, but not a whole lot as he doesnt want to be seen as cleaning out his old club.

But have heard that a heap of their 2's are being chased by other local clubs, the most active being Waaii (Picola league) who are offering good coin.

Also heard that Shepp Swans are talking to some of the lesser known bears senior players (who get paid sweet FA) and offering dollars. Heath Bartons name was mentioned as one of them.

Barto back to the swannies! Heard himself and luke simpson were going to go to a MFL team.

Also heard trav tamburro is trying to get a few old team mates of his, up to Qld.

Duff Man said:
Did hear a rumour a while ago that they were chasing Mark Porter (ex Carlton and Kangaroos). Haven't heard anything concrete since, but this could be the ruckman?

Know Mark Porter well. Is a very fit unit and would absolutely carve it at GV level. Not sure he would head to Benalla though.

HawkeEye said:
BHeard himself and luke simpson were going to go to a MFL team.

What is the go with Luke simpson, he pretty much played twos for the swans all year. Is it a case of body like tarzan but plays like Jane.

Xander said:
Know Mark Porter well. Is a very fit unit and would absolutely carve it at GV level. Not sure he would head to Benalla though.

Wasn't he at north ballarat in the vfl, however their team, benalla and mansfield all train together during the year at arden street, so that may be the connection.

Travvy43 said:
What is the go with Luke simpson, he pretty much played twos for the swans all year. Is it a case of body like tarzan but plays like Jane.

I just dont think he got many opportunties during the year, only played a couple of games in the 2s last year. He was injured for about 8 games i think. Good player though, plays way better than Jane and yourself there Travvy.

HawkeEye said:
I just dont think he got many opportunties during the year, only played a couple of games in the 2s last year. He was injured for about 8 games i think. Good player though, plays way better than Jane and yourself there Travvy.

I know he is a decent player but the two times we played against the swans this year he was in the twos and was not playing with much influence ont he game. Fair enough with the injuries, looking from the outside in, i was not to know.

HawkeEye said:
Wasn't he at north ballarat in the vfl, however their team, benalla and mansfield all train together during the year at arden street, so that may be the connection.

Yeah, didn't know Mansfield & Benalla trained with the NB boys. That could be the connection.

HawkeEye said:

Yeah porter played with the roosters last year and thought he had already committed for this year. Would have a connection with stevo from their time with each other at Nth Melbourne and also in training at Arden St on thursday nights with the Melbourne based GV players.

HawkeEye said:
Barto back to the swannies! Heard himself and luke simpson were going to go to a MFL team.

Also heard trav tamburro is trying to get a few old team mates of his, up to Qld.

I heard that Stanhope were trying to get Tamburro as AC. ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently about half a dozen of Benalla's fringe senior players are departing to Greta in the Ovens and King. Sam Hazell has taken up a role as assistant coach and Ty Primmer is also heading Greta way to play under his father Wayne. Not sure what other players are heading there but it will definately be another 3/4 blokes.

Word is that a few of Euroa's melbourne based boys are still a little p i ssed off with Hayden Lamaro. After his game ending calf injury in the most important game of their season - some of them their footy careers - his fleet footed dance moves after a gut full of gas after the game suggested he either wasn't as badly hurt as first thought, or he should have filled the drink bottle with Euroa's finest ale - probably a nice lollie water (stollie's!!) - and had a few such that he could get back out on the park to try and avenge Seymour's final quarter assult.

No doubt there will be a few icey conversations at the first few pre-season runs for 06.

Confirmed Rory Hilton has signed with Euroa picture on back page of todyas Euroa Gazette.

Euroa really throwing the money around to get this flag arent they. They would have to be favourites now.

subtle hustle I dont care if your an ex gvfl player, this thread was started by rowey....You make little or no contribution to this thread. When you start to put in some worth while stuff I and others may listen to what you have to say. Until then the boys who "STARTED" this thread can write what they like and you can keep sifting through....!

Dale Reyne to play at Echuca next year, a relative unknown im sure, but would be in any teams top 2 or 3 on his day. Watch out for this guy.....ECHUCABOYS player to watch for 2006.

ECHUCABOY said:
Dale Reyne to play at Echuca next year, a relative unknown im sure, but would be in any teams top 2 or 3 on his day. Watch out for this guy.....ECHUCABOYS player to watch for 2006.

Who is this dude, where has he played, what position???

Samtrish said:
Confirmed Rory Hilton has signed with Euroa picture on back page of todyas Euroa Gazette.

Thomsons carpet choice must be selling some really overpriced carpet!!

LOBSTER said:
Euroa really throwing the money around to get this flag arent they. They would have to be favourites now.

Euroa can spend all the money in the world , but are still no certinies to win the flag like we saw this year.Mooroopna will improve as will Rochcester and the swans have meant to have been very busy in the recruiting stakes as have tatura, Seymour is about to unleash 3 more recruits and will be better again next year and Shepparton are going along just nicely i believe under new coach Mellington. Pre season top 6 [ bull ******** time of the year ]

Euroa
Seymour
Shepparton
Mooroopna
Tatura
Rochester

Out Benalla and Mansfield In Mooroopna and Tatura

Reynolds by-passes Roos by David Johnston
November 22, 2005

[View Printable Version]

DIMUNITIVE rover Nathan Reynoldson has by-passed his original club Corowa-Rutherglen to return to Goulburn Valley league powerhouse Mansfield.
Reynoldson played for Narrandera in the Riverina league this season and won the Quinn Medal for the Eagles who played off in the grand final.
Reynoldson played for Mansfield in 2004 and was among its best players in the premiership winning team coached by David Mensch.
He will be reunited with former Corowa-Rutherglen coach Peter Tossol at Mansfield.
"We are particularly rapt that Nathan will be playing with us next year," Tossol said.
"In the year that he had with the club previously, he performed really well, culminating in a top game in Mansfield's grand final win.
"A further year's experience in the Riverina Football League should make him a more experienced player.
"Nathan will rove for us as well as hopefully kick goals when resting in the forward line.
"Nathan made a huge impression at the club previously and his recruitment means a lot to the club".
Meanwhile, Mansfield will be without the services of former AFL players Mensch, Andrew Tranquilli and Darren Hulme next season.
Mensch has returned to Grovedale in the Geelong league and Tranquilli will coach in the Central Highlands league.

Can confirm that Mark Porter and a guy by the name of Peter Sheils (think that what his name was-Murray Bushies captain a few years back) signed with Benalla on the weekend. Also heard that Hilton hag signed with Mansfield, but see by one of the threads has signed with Euroa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad