Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Whippet said:
Was just watching the GFinal on dvd, and notice that Lamaro held his hand up to say he was injured, and coming off. As he did that the ball got handballed over to him and thats when collins whacked him.

Sorry there Whippet thought it was a mark - just could remember Hayden taking the ball in his hands before the old rib tickler came from Collo

Grandale said:
Lads, this is brilliant. Logged on for the first time since just before knocking off work on Thursday arvo (Hence why I didn't give you any tips for the Seymour races Mainy) and have just read 25 minutes of thoroughly entertaining stuff.
Do have some observations:

5) - Fat Back Pocket's lean run with the willow continues. Dismissed for one yesterday to take his season's tally to five runs from four hits at an average of 1.25.[/QUOTE]

Thank heck the batting ability around the league is as good as mine, so i can claim i'm a bowler by getting ******s out. I'm pretty sure the skipper will put me where i belong in the batting order next game - no. 8 or 9, and replace me with you grandale...up to the challenge?

Would have to say, doesn't get much lower than this boys, really scraping the bottom of the bikky barel for some crumbs, or should i say runs!

FOOTYBOSS knows whats going on with every bloke associated with the Bullants and DVFL, so what ever he says must be true.

Tell me this boss, is it true Euroa offered this Scanlon bloke $$ to play at the Maggies?

fat back pocket said:
[I'm pretty sure the skipper will put me where i belong in the batting order next game - no. 8 or 9, and replace me with you grandale...up to the challenge?

It would seem so. Haven't even completed my first innings in A Grade this season and already I've made more runs than your good self.
Stick at it though, Tiger, I'm sure a big score if just around the corner.

Grandale said:
It would seem so. Haven't even completed my first innings in A Grade this season and already I've made more runs than your good self.
Stick at it though, Tiger, I'm sure a big score if just around the corner.

As long as the team wins, thats all that matters.

And also, 4 weeks of failing isn't quite as bad as 4 years!!

fat back pocket said:
FOOTYBOSS knows whats going on with every bloke associated with the Bullants and DVFL, so what ever he says must be true.

Tell me this boss, is it true Euroa offered this Scanlon bloke $$ to play at the Maggies?
No I dont know whats going on with every bullants and dvfl player. I hardly know anyone down at the bullanst anymore. The last of the blokes that I knew lft at the start of this year so I couldnt give two ********s whats happens with their players and who they are. As for knowing evrything in the dvfl I have some good mate at different clubs and they tell me what their clubs are upto. Even then I dont know which players are coming and going.

As for euroa offering scanlon some $$$. As far as I know we havent talked to him this year as we are to busy chasing another onballer and we were chasing a ruckman in which we got. Hopefully the onballer signs in the next few weeks. I know we have spoken to him in the past. Ive been told he is pretty keen to remain at the bullants but you never know. I do know you blokes have spoken to him this year and also tatura have spoken to him.

FBP you seem to know more than evryone on this forum, so please tell me if we have spoken to him as it would be news to me.

Scanlon is a very good player and would be an asset to any team in the gvfl.

We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Interesting news if the maggies are talking to scanlon. That means they have picked up a 208cm ruckman from bullants, who wouldnt be cheap and are chasing scanlon and hilton. Must have an endless supply of money at the moment. No one leaving either. If they do happen to get scanlon and hilton it would be the highest paid team in gvfl history I think. They wouldnt want to choke again would they!

JimCarter said:
He's not arrogant, he just knows he's better than you..

He was captain coach of Longwood seconds for 3 years running...

Haha, you have to be kidding.

Wow, being captain of the Longwood seconds (in the Benalla FL with a massive 6 teams) is incredible. Does he get mobbed when he walks down the main street of Longwood? Does he do a lap of the oval at every home game? Is his jumper retired?

bradrowe#32 said:

Wow, being captain of the Longwood seconds (in the Benalla FL with a massive 6 teams) is incredible. Does he get mobbed when he walks down the main street of Longwood? Does he do a lap of the oval at every home game? Is his jumper retired?
he he. cheers for the support rowey and wizz.

rowey, I hear the beard is gone!! you and nige put on a few runs on sat'y did ya's??

jmain14 said:
he he. cheers for the support rowey and wizz.

rowey, I hear the beard is gone!! you and nige put on a few runs on sat'y did ya's??

Yeah mate. It was getting too itchy.

The old C grade was struggling. We were 7/40 and Nige made about 12 and I made 14 (including a 6!) and we ended up making 119. We bowled them out for 85. There were lots of people there getting drunk and stuff. Great day!

Bradrowe#32 Beard
May 24 to November 2
RIP

bradrowe#32 said:
Yeah mate. It was getting too itchy.

The old C grade was struggling. We were 7/40 and Nige made about 12 and I made 14 (including a 6!) and we ended up making 119. We bowled them out for 85. There were lots of people there getting drunk and stuff. Great day!

Bradrowe#32 Beard
May 24 to November 2
RIP
ha ha geez a bit over 5 months - good effort mate.

yeah I heard there were a couple of drunken houligans amongst the crowd. I remember playing a game in the c's last year with sammy and dane, and I can recall wizz coming for a watch and downing a few beers. he must have had about 2 slabs by himself, or at least the ump thought so anyway. what he didn't know didn't hurt him I guess.

how big was your 6?? did you hit it into robbo's house??

bradrowe#32 said:

Cmon rowey, thought you were a bit smarter than that.

Going back onto footy, whats going on with some shepp sides. Not much talk on them, Miller and Lang have left Shepp bears.

Could be a bad year for the 3 shepp sides, they could be our bottom 3.

No doubt their 3rds would be ok, but where do they go hiding. Why can't they crack it into the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOOTYBOSS said:
Everyone says just because of the hit lamaro went off. That isnt the fact at all. He was actually heading to the bench when collins hit him and by the way it was a cheap blow by collo. Wasnt in the play and wasnt watching.

Fair enough grainger had a bad day but he isnt the only one to have a bad day on grand final day is he. I think ablett had a couple of shocker grand finals after 89 in which he tore the game apart. I dont thinks he did much in the 92,94 and 95 gf for geelong. Carey never really dominated a gf when the roos won 2. Every good player has a shocker sooner or later and his happened to be that day.

Still managed to kick 97 goals for the year.

O

And he was playing on a Vic Country full back who would be the best backman in the GV by some way!

Xander said:
And he was playing on a Vic Country full back who would be the best backman in the GV by some way!

Joffa and Chippa Douglas on a par for me Xander, both should go onto the VFL after the Lions go close to winning back to backs in 2006.

jmain14 said:
junkie, I am not sure where you get off on here mate. sometimes I don't mind your posts but that second last one is pretty ordinary. the way you write is as though you were the greatest footballer to ever run out onto the ground - who knows - perhaps you were a handy player in your time but what is with you ********ing everyone off on here??

grandale or anyone else, any tips for the seymour races tomorrow??

Why is it pretty ordinary? I have never mentioned anything about me playing football either, so if you could kindly point out where I write as though im the greatest footballer to run onto the ground...??

I just post my opinions, no differently to you guys.

HawkeEye said:
S. Peterson c S. Kelly b S. Pearce0

Care factor is the same as my score mate, not sure if you saw two other interesting points in that score card.

Seymour 6 points - Avenel 0.

S Pearce c. Stevens b. Allum 0

HawkeEye said:
Cmon rowey, thought you were a bit smarter than that.

Going back onto footy, whats going on with some shepp sides. Not much talk on them, Miller and Lang have left Shepp bears.

Could be a bad year for the 3 shepp sides, they could be our bottom 3.

No doubt their 3rds would be ok, but where do they go hiding. Why can't they crack it into the seniors.

I heard 5 or 6 of the solid reserves players from the bears were leaving with the coach.

Not sure where he was headed again, maybe murray league, does anyone know exactly who was going with him? The shepp reserves side had a lot of players who could get good money in lower leagues, even get money at lower gv sides, so it will be interesting to see Shepps list this year.

They have been strong for years, no doubt they will recruit a host of stars again.

if anyone has any info on the reserves coach and who he has taken, give us some info.

fat back pocket said:
Care factor is the same as my score mate, not sure if you saw two other interesting points in that score card.

Seymour 6 points - Avenel 0.

S Pearce c. Stevens b. Allum 0

another FBP fan hey Hawkeye - with all the excitement coming outa Kings Park, it would be hard to concentrate on the slipping standard of SDCA cricket anyways Stu. Just work at trying to get ya foot to the pitch and the runs will come!!! Just kidding, what would a slogging tailender know.

Doona2 said:
Joffa and Chippa Douglas on a par for me Xander, both should go onto the VFL after the Lions go close to winning back to backs in 2006.

Are you saying Chippa isn't going to go to VFL this year? From what i gather he isn't super keen on leaving.

You would know more though Doona, haven't really spoken to the man himself about it.

fat back pocket said:
Not sure where he was headed again, maybe murray league, does anyone know exactly who was going with him?
if anyone has any info on the reserves coach and who he has taken, give us some info.

If memory serves me correct I believe he's going to Congupna.

fat back pocket said:
Are you saying Chippa isn't going to go to VFL this year? From what i gather he isn't super keen on leaving. You would know more though Doona, haven't really spoken to the man himself about it.

Guess we'll know more after Saturday's draft and what happens with young Rich. From all reports Chipper hasn't made up his mind fully but Id say the VFL is leading the race.
Until Xmas he wants to keep on plundering the slipping standard of SDCA bowlers some more, averaging 116.00 so far.
Johnny Rudd finished with a patient 22 not out against our B's on Saturday, little unorthodox but effective.

Doona2 said:
Guess we'll know more after Saturday's draft and what happens with young Rich. From all reports Chipper hasn't made up his mind fully but Id say the VFL is leading the race.
Until Xmas he wants to keep on plundering the slipping standard of SDCA bowlers some more, averaging 116.00 so far.
Johnny Rudd finished with a patient 22 not out against our B's on Saturday, little unorthodox but effective.

Who does the Ruddler play for?...There's one that got under your guard FBP.
And what's the state of the game Doona? And how'd yer A Grade go?

Doona2 said:

Who the hell for?? Little b a s t a r d, i'll have to have a word to him. I asked him and nixons (nick papa) to come and run around in our B grade.

Eastern Hill B's made 130 all out, our blokes are 3/40.

Our A's got rolled for 68, the Hill made 110ish and Broady are 0/1. Terrible effort by all batsmen, wicket was fine, plenty of arrogant flashy shots and 7 lbw's by umpire Sing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad