Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Robbie Douglas was offered $2000 a game last night from the Shep Swans but he turned down the offer because the Shep Swans whole club are a bunch of Scumbags

ringo1 said:
Here,here-KITM is a total tool and an ingnoramus! Goodbye KITM!

WOOHOOO i think that kick it to me has taken my spot of being the biggest W A N K E R and heck W I T!!!!!!! and i do think that every one agres with me this time, from what i have seen you should climb back up the hole you came out of and stay there, because no one wants to listen to you try and use big words, so if you have got nothin good to say dont say anythin at all. and that's coming from me.. cheers mate:thumbsu:

uncletoby said:
WOOHOOO i think that kick it to me has taken my spot of being the biggest W A N K E R and heck W I T!!!!!!! and i do think that every one agres with me this time, from what i have seen you should climb back up the hole you came out of and stay there, because no one wants to listen to you try and use big words, so if you have got nothin good to say dont say anythin at all. and that's coming from me.. cheers mate:thumbsu:

Have to admit uncletoby,well done.I think the way you've just self degraded yourself ensures you'll keep top billing.Those big words you refer to are in the english language,as opposed to the ones probably uttered frequently by yourself,such as "gunna","wif" and "betterer".Hanging it on me then using"so if you have got nothin good to say dont say anythin at all. and that's coming from me" also isnt a great filip for your i.q.Hey why dont you tell me about your footy achievments,but use the spellchecker,its free champ! I might just agre(phew) that your a legend!

gta3 said:
Robbie Douglas was offered $2000 a game last night from the Shep Swans but he turned down the offer because the Shep Swans whole club are a bunch of Scumbags

Whilst Rob Douglas is a gun and the swans a group of former yahoo bar regulars, i find it hard to believe they threw so much at him, would anyone in the GVFL be on close to this???

Kick It To Me!! said:
Have to admit uncletoby,well done.I think the way you've just self degraded yourself ensures you'll keep top billing.Those big words you refer to are in the english language,as opposed to the ones probably uttered frequently by yourself,such as "gunna","wif" and "betterer".Hanging it on me then using"so if you have got nothin good to say dont say anythin at all. and that's coming from me" also isnt a great filip for your i.q.Hey why dont you tell me about your footy achievments,but use the spellchecker,its free champ! I might just agre(phew) that your a legend!

last time i checkd this is a forum to discuss the GVFL, not a place to abuse each other... suggest you all check out a chat site on msn for this purpose!

Hotdog Vendor said:
How is rochy looking mate. When do you guys play in that bendigo pre season cup? wouldn't mind coming to watch !

We are looking ok - stated about 6 weeks ago that we still needed two more highly rated players to be considered a top 3/4 chance - both fell through. We couldn't/didn't match the offers they were getting elsewhere.

Still a better side than last year, but so are a lot of other teams. We prob aim to finish 5th - will again be very tight for those last spots though.

Think that bendigo thing is around the end of March.

Cheers

Kick It To Me!! said:
Ok,ok echuca boy,settle down. Go to the top of the old mill nightclub,sit on your millers shirt and remove that hook out of your mouth and throw it into the river.Pass ringo1 and aka a woodstock,will you?

Fair throw from the Mill to the river... even from the 'top'.

ah.. your being sarcastic

I have been reading this thread for quite a while because i was interested in what players i have known in the past are going where and what teams clubs are gonna be strong. I find this thread fantastic and the league to be possibly the most well regarded and interesting league since the O&M back in the mid to late 90s and early 2000s. I think the competition has grown rapidly in the past few years and even has people from my local pub in Caulfield talking about some of the sides and the news that is happening.

I regret to read some of the idiots that have taken over the thread and have ruined it for all that take an interest in the GVFL.

Moving along now. I have been involved in 4 VFL clubs as an official during the past 6 or 7 years and notice alot of the guys leaving the VFL system for the GV which is interesting. I know that the VFL is not happy about the amount of footballers leaving the system and heading up the Hume, clearly they are quite worried about the gaining reputation of the competition and the effect it could have on the depth of the VFL. All applause goes to the GV officials and administrators.

Notice Saad Saad is dominatind as i would have predicted, he has all the talent in the world and as long as his head is switched on can dominate any level of football. Nathan Gilliand is another very good footballer, never however a fan of Damon Clarke, by the sounds of it will be killed by the Porters,Schottners and Kirbys of the league. Also another bloke who has signed at Tatura by the nane of Aaron Willoughby, had alot to do with him a few years back and would think he would be a top4 or 5 defender in the league. Always liked Lamaro, he has a touch of class which is rare in footballers, will hurt teams when on song. Also the Benalla recruits from last season, both where very good footballers and unlucky not to score more senior games at VFL level, where are the both of them this season?

Well it looks as though from reading a bit that Benalla,Euroa,Seymour are pnna be very hard to knock off with Mansfield just of the radar and Moroopana improving. I would expect Rochester,Echuca,Shepp Swans and Tatura to fight out the remaining few spots for finals.

Thanks for reading.

Kick It To Me!! said:
Which club do you play(probably support) for a.k.a-the altar boys 18?You make it sound like your club and recruits should be knighted!! Youre probably one of those blokes that hang around a club that everyone tries to avoid,trying that little bit too hard to fit in by doing the mundane tasks that only a loser like yourself would do.At least now i know that you are the wisden of all things vcfl.And i will make sure to get you to proofread any future posts,just so the content suits ,coz its not a democracy ,is it?

I play and support Euroa. So, because my club has recruited players who can play and are as great for the club as the "locals", thats a bad thing? The fact that they pour more money back into the club by staying after home games, attending all club functions and bringing family and friends in support, is a bad thing?

So by TRYING to bag me, your saying that people around football clubs who do all the mundane jobs are losers? These are people who sell raffle tickets, work on the gate, work behind the bar etc etc are past players, lifelong supporters of their clubs. Every club has loyal people like this, and by trying to have a poor attempt at insulting me, you're showing disrespect to the people who help keep country footy clubs going. Good call
c o c k j a w... :thumbsdown:

Im the wisden of all things vcfl?? When have I said anything about any other league? You're the one posting about every league in australia like king d i c k. Doesnt the fact that every person on here is having a go at you, tell you something? Or are you too busy pulling out the Thesaurus trying to be clever? As EB said, go back to starting up crap threads that no one replies to, except to give you crap.. :eek:

Please jump off the computer go out to the lounge room, pull down your pants, and get your mother to spank that sorry excuse for a "live at home, 50 year old virgin" a rse of yours. You've been a bad boy wasting all the grown ups time... :rolleyes:

a.k.a. said:
I play and support Euroa. So, because my club has recruited players who can play and are as great for the club as the "locals", thats a bad thing? The fact that they pour more money back into the club by staying after home games, attending all club functions and bringing family and friends in support, is a bad thing?

So by TRYING to bag me, your saying that people around football clubs who do all the mundane jobs are losers? These are people who sell raffle tickets, work on the gate, work behind the bar etc etc are past players, lifelong supporters of their clubs. Every club has loyal people like this, and by trying to have a poor attempt at insulting me, you're showing disrespect to the people who help keep country footy clubs going. Good call

Im the wisden of all things vcfl?? When have I said anything about any other league? You're the one posting about every league in australia like king d i c k. Doesnt the fact that every person on here is having a go at you, tell you something? Or are you too busy pulling out the Thesaurus trying to be clever? As EB said, go back to starting up crap threads that no one replies to, except to give you crap.. :eek:

Please jump off the computer go out to the lounge room, pull down your pants, and get your mother to spank that sorry excuse for a "live at home, 50 year old virgin" a rse of yours. You've been a bad boy wasting all the grown ups time... :rolleyes:

not bad there mate, but on the money.............

ilovetogetblind said:
We are looking ok - stated about 6 weeks ago that we still needed two more highly rated players to be considered a top 3/4 chance - both fell through. We couldn't/didn't match the offers they were getting elsewhere.

Still a better side than last year, but so are a lot of other teams. We prob aim to finish 5th - will again be very tight for those last spots though.

Think that bendigo thing is around the end of March.

Cheers
Sounds good, will prob come and watch a few games this year. Are you managing to keep out of the pub and get a bit of fitness yourself ? ha ha. Its always a pleasure to see the big blond headed ruckman in flight. lol.

Hotdog Vendor said:
Sounds good, will prob come and watch a few games this year. Are you managing to keep out of the pub and get a bit of fitness yourself ? ha ha. Its always a pleasure to see the big blond headed ruckman in flight. lol.

Has been a battle. A big battle!

Not sure if I will play in the Bendigo thing as its for senior teams only I think... me putting on 8-9 kgs over summer wouldn't have helped my cause there...

Will be watching though - will be good to see how echuca look before the Rochy v Echuca round one game.

cookie33 said:
I have been reading this thread for quite a while because i was interested in what players i have known in the past are going where and what teams clubs are gonna be strong. I find this thread fantastic and the league to be possibly the most well regarded and interesting league since the O&M back in the mid to late 90s and early 2000s. I think the competition has grown rapidly in the past few years and even has people from my local pub in Caulfield talking about some of the sides and the news that is happening.

I regret to read some of the idiots that have taken over the thread and have ruined it for all that take an interest in the GVFL.

Moving along now. I have been involved in 4 VFL clubs as an official during the past 6 or 7 years and notice alot of the guys leaving the VFL system for the GV which is interesting. I know that the VFL is not happy about the amount of footballers leaving the system and heading up the Hume, clearly they are quite worried about the gaining reputation of the competition and the effect it could have on the depth of the VFL. All applause goes to the GV officials and administrators.
Notice Saad Saad is dominatind as i would have predicted, he has all the talent in the world and as long as his head is switched on can dominate any level of football. Nathan Gilliand is another very good footballer, never however a fan of Damon Clarke, by the sounds of it will be killed by the Porters,Schottners and Kirbys of the league. Also another bloke who has signed at Tatura by the nane of Aaron Willoughby, had alot to do with him a few years back and would think he would be a top4 or 5 defender in the league. Always liked Lamaro, he has a touch of class which is rare in footballers, will hurt teams when on song. Also the Benalla recruits from last season, both where very good footballers and unlucky not to score more senior games at VFL level, where are the both of them this season?

Well it looks as though from reading a bit that Benalla,Euroa,Seymour are pnna be very hard to knock off with Mansfield just of the radar and Moroopana improving. I would expect Rochester,Echuca,Shepp Swans and Tatura to fight out the remaining few spots for finals.

Thanks for reading.

Sound like your in the know mate, find that pretty interesting that the VFL aren't happy with the players leaving, you would think there would be more than enough players to fill these guys roles. However, a lot of credit has to be given to our good friend Eric Bottom who is an out and out gun at what he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demons sink their claws into Dawes

By Richard Goodbody

March 2 2006
Shepparton News

Former Gippsland Power utility Sam Dawes will line-up for Shepparton United this year after he was lured to Deakin Reserve yesterday.
The 192 cm, 100 kg hulk, who spent his TAC Cup days playing with United coach Steve Hazelman, agreed to put pen to paper with the Demons after his former teammate was announced as coach.

"I always said that I wanted to play with Steve again and now that he's been appointed coach, I thought the timing was right," Dawes said from his Queensland home yesterday.

"I don't know what the footy's like, I hear it's pretty good, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

"Hopefully I can get a few kicks and we can have a few wins."

After kicking more than 70 majors for the Power during the 1999 TAC Cup season, the 23-year-old has spent the past three years playing for Mt Gravatt in Queensland's division one State League.

While Dawes has proven himself to be a regular goalkicker, yesterday Hazelman indicated that he was more likely to use the man mountain as a game-breaking midfielder.

"He's such a huge body that it would be a waste not to use him in the middle," Hazelman said.

"We need to get the footy out of the middle and into our forward line and Sam will help us out in that area.

"He's a very good player and we're glad to have him on board."

Dawes joins Tallygaroopna premiership player Tyson Sidebottom as the latest on-baller to sign with United.

The former McNamara medallist, who was instrumental in the Redlegs' drought-breaking Kyabram District Football League flag last year, has been burning up the track during the summer months and is primed for a big year.

United kick-starts its premiership campaign against Shepparton on April 15.

a.k.a. said:

good call, a.k.a., without the volunteers doing all those 'mundane' jobs, footy clubs would cease to function. you have my support - keep up the good work!!

ECHUCABOY said:
Sound like your in the know mate, find that pretty interesting that the VFL aren't happy with the players leaving, you would think there would be more than enough players to fill these guys roles. However, a lot of credit has to be given to our good friend Eric Bottom who is an out and out gun at what he does.

Didnt think you would be a huge fan of Mr.Bottom EB as he loves to promote and help those Shepp sides your so fond of ;) .

How you going down at Donvale?? getting a kick during Pre season?, have you blokes picked up many??

Anyone know where Travvy is playing this season?

tige19 said:
Didnt think you would be a huge fan of Mr.Bottom EB as he loves to promote and help those Shepp sides your so fond of ;) .

How you going down at Donvale?? getting a kick during Pre season?, have you blokes picked up many??

I think I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that the Travmeister is playing somewhere in the Western Region League.
Perhaps he is Jago's star Goulburn Valley recruit.

tige19 said:

We must me due for another installment from Mr. Bottom. Travvy has been getting his tyres pumped up on the WRFL thread the past - word has it he's flying down at Sunshine

Doona2 said:
We must me due for another installment from Mr. Bottom. Travvy has been getting his tyres pumped up on the WRFL thread the past - word has it he's flying down at Sunshine

Here here for another Mr Bottom post.

Sunshine in the WRFL is club this year, hopefully number 43, long sleeve.

A few of the sunshine boys have been getting on the thread and having a crack (ie tyre pumping), although as the saying goes, anyone can look ok on the track in Feb, first praccy match next wed at Whitten Oval.

Cheers

Grandale said:
I think I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that the Travmeister is playing somewhere in the Western Region League.
Perhaps he is Jago's star Goulburn Valley recruit.

Speaking of JAgo, i read that seymour are playing seddon in a praccy, surely this is your thirds, it could get very messy if it was senior 18 v senior 18.

They finished second last last year and from what i hear have lost four players from their top 6 or so.

ECHUCABOY said:
It becomes fairly hard to get a game in the VFL with the AFL listed players at the various clubs. Players can play well in the 2's without getting a chance, or when they do get a chance it's pretty hard to cement a spot (that's probably the same in most levels of footy though). I think you're right in that the VFL will always have young players going through the system to fill any void left by others going to other leagues.

Re Eric, whilst I'm sure he's done a good job promoting the league, most credit in sourcing these VFL players must go to the clubs that attract them.

TuskenRaider said:
It becomes fairly hard to get a game in the VFL with the AFL listed players at the various clubs. Players can play well in the 2's without getting a chance, or when they do get a chance it's pretty hard to cement a spot (that's probably the same in most levels of footy though). I think you're right in that the VFL will always have young players going through the system to fill any void left by others going to other leagues.

Re Eric, whilst I'm sure he's done a good job promoting the league, most credit in sourcing these VFL players must go to the clubs that attract them.

Agree with that.

Eric's best objective is to get as many league sponsors as possible, then reduce the fees etc that the clubs have to pay annually to ease the preassure on them

TuskenRaider said:
About the same amount as Rochy's big recruits over the years. John McNamara, Gavin Excell, Jamie Dursma, Brad Sparks etc.

Stop kidding yourself that Rochy's the only club to have never recruited big name players to the club.

You know how it goes - Let he who is without sin cast the first stone or something like that.

To be fair, Brad Sparks was an excellent servant to the club. He would've played over 100 games. I think work committments got in the way of him playing more. He came back for the testimonials for Simon McCarty and Tank McPhee, as well as other functions. He definately loves the club.

Duursma played 2 years at the club when he was 30 years old and absolutely buggered. Both his knees were shot and I think he had problems with his back/shoulder. He loved playing up in the country and was a great figure at the club.

For those who are interested that read the thread and dont have a real understanding of how many ex VFL players are running around in the league would someone be willing at having a go of former ex VFL players that are playing in the GV. I would be happy to but my knowledge might only go as far as 4 or 5 VFL clubs, those who are well and truely entrenched in the league might be better at naming these guys and there VFL/GV club.

Im sure if we all put our heads together and put all the names that we know we could get a very accurate indication of actual numbers. Might be good for you blokes when comparing standard of leagues with other posters, particuly the EDFL guys. Will be a good brain strain.

journeyman said:
I'm looking for some information about Nathan Bell, he played for Shepp Swans last year. Both as a player and a bloke would be good, would he be a suitable assistant coach?

Thanks
Interesting question that ??? i doubt he be assist coach material at gv level just yet....good footballer but his very big ego of himself & big mouth to go on with it will hold him back.Football wise to play @ sanfl level between a's & magoo's he's obviously all right...ask any shep swans people he played there last year i think.Whispers were he was back at his original club in a minor league on the sa/vic border for this year.But personally knock his head down a peg or two b4 thinking of him being coaching material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad