Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

TuskenRaider said:
You're not serious are you? If you have any idea or interest in football, and specifically GV football (as you're posting on this thread) you would know who Hilton played for.

You're obviously just trolling for a response, so well done, you've got it.
i'm interested in GV but im obviously not as into it as you... i hadn't heard bout hilton until the other week, im not following that closely on the seniors this year, just on here trying to get a peek at what the season is going to be like.

sonofapriest-16 said:
Doona2, come on mate i was just having a little stir no need to get worked up..... but on the hilton comment i wasnt sure whether he was from the AFL, VFL, or where and was questioning whether he was actually at euroa, can one player seriously do that much damage and win a game by himself??

I feel the same way, i dont think 1 man can win the game for them, I think he will be helpfull, i think he was good at richmond but he wont be able to change a the way a whole side plays. I still think Seymour will beat them regardless

sonofapriest-16 said:
Doona2, come on mate i was just having a little stir no need to get worked up..... but on the hilton comment i wasnt sure whether he was from the AFL, VFL, or where and was questioning whether he was actually at euroa, can one player seriously do that much damage and win a game by himself??

Didnt think I was worked up sonofa, just a tad bemused by your statements of late

Nice work tige, i hope it wasnt bahraj sinhgs asre you were watching over the cubicle wall...

Maybe marty will ended up at tat... did you do your usual thing of getting his number and then giving that number to taturas recruiting team so they can contact him...you should get a recruiting job at a AFL club...

when u blokes playing sratches....

and SONOFAPRIEST... there is now a OFFICAL GVFL under 18s site mate... maybe start on that mate(if not already) and Doona will let you no when you graduate to this sight... im not bagging u, just seems u are abit out of your league here

Doona2 thats ok mate, glad i made ya laugh... haha.... but um seymour and euroa, has seen euroa get the edge and take out the 1st round, last year but i think the lions are out to take the win this year. colbert is looking fit at the lions too.

sonofapriest-16 said:
i'm interested in GV but im obviously not as into it as you... i hadn't heard bout hilton until the other week, im not following that closely on the seniors this year, just on here trying to get a peek at what the season is going to be like.

For someone who's not following the seniors this year, you seem to have a fair bit to say. Not that I mind, however everything you've posted so far is crap!

Now get back to the U 18's thread ya palm pilot :cool:

SONOFAPRIEST... your posts are starting to resemble the old fat back pocket...the only reason we no its not you S.Peterson is you are yet to mention SAAD SAAD...

PUP16 said:
Colbert and Anderson, herd abit about both of them, but would either of them have the same influence to a game as Hilton would, dont get me wrong havent seen the seymour boys play, but Hilton would b hard to match let alone contain.......

Hilton will be a fine pick up for Euroa, he adds to an already strong midfield, yet a midfield in which seymour can match... Im looking forward to the shootout between Grainger and Saad, as this is were the match can be won!

inlimbo said:
Hilton will be a fine pick up for Euroa, he adds to an already strong midfield, yet a midfield in which seymour can match... Im looking forward to the shootout between Grainger and Saad, as this is were the match can be won!
Who else is playing in the euroa midfield? what are your comments on simon gordon?

HawkeEye said:
Question time.

1. How many commission homes in Seymour?
a) 50
b) every house west of the railway track
c) every house east of the railway track
d) the whole of seymour:D

Answer to this question will be posted midweek due to confirmation of the last census

Be sure to stay tune for another question next week.

:D

i couldnt tell you how many commission homes there are but i can tell you one thing hawk we do have the 2005 premiership cup, oh and the flag to does that anwser your question??

uncletoby said:
i couldnt tell you how many commission homes there are but i can tell you one thing hawk we do have the 2005 premiership cup, oh and the flag to does that anwser your question??
Uncletoby good point, but there are quite alot of commission houses in seymour, haha.... but will seymour have the drive to take it out again this season?

TheDen said:
Uncletoby good point, but there are quite alot of commission houses in seymour, haha.... but will seymour have the drive to take it out again this season?

they will be top 3 again, but as we all know, anybody still running around in september is a chance to take it out.

tige19 said:
Went to watch a few of the boys get flogged by Richmond and got speaking to Mart Mcgrath who bagged 5 on debut againts the Doggies a few years back. He said he hasnt got a club, a bit suprising at this stage but he could be 1 that would dominate at a local level.

cheers

Hey Tige

Marty Mcgrath speaks to probably ten clubs a year, heard he has spoken to a few clubs in the DVFL already.

Spoke to a mate who played with him at Nth Ballarat and he said "He'll talk with at least 9 clubs, train with 5 and sign with 3 before the start of the season. then probably playing with a completely different club, before pulling the pin because his car breaks down on game day"

Granted though, he would blitz if keen to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rochy boys, can you give me any info on this young fella Bright that has played for you recently. From what i hear he signed at Sunshine last night in the WRFL. Talking to him after training, he said it went down like a ton of bricks with Dirty.

Travvy43 said:
Rochy boys, can you give me any info on this young fella Bright that has played for you recently. From what i hear he signed at Sunshine last night in the WRFL. Talking to him after training, he said it went down like a ton of bricks with Dirty.

Travvy, yes heard at the pub on Sat night that he had left the club. Girlfriend is from Sunshine or something..??

He is a tall backman who can swap in the ruck. Played a bit of Ressies footy with us in 2004 when the seniors were very strong.

Was supposed to be back up ruckman for Sam Brennan last year - however spend 8-10 weeks on sidelines with a broken arm. If he can string a few seasons together he would become a good senior player.

Can imagine the conversion with Dirty would have been very intense... especially leaving it til this late.

Is he training well? Think he had been to a fair few trainings at Rochy and was looking pretty fit.

ilovetogetblind said:
Travvy, yes heard at the pub on Sat night that he had left the club. Girlfriend is from Sunshine or something..??

He is a tall backman who can swap in the ruck. Played a bit of Ressies footy with us in 2004 when the seniors were very strong.

Was supposed to be back up ruckman for Sam Brennan last year - however spend 8-10 weeks on sidelines with a broken arm. If he can string a few seasons together he would become a good senior player.

Can imagine the conversion with Dirty would have been very intense... especially leaving it til this late.

Is he training well? Think he had been to a fair few trainings at Rochy and was looking pretty fit.

Yeah he is looking good on the track, looks to play a lot taller than he actually is, got a long set of arms and has a decent set of hands too.

Good to know that he has a bit to offer in the ruck division; thanks for that.

First praccy match tomorrow night against Gisborne at Whitten Oval (just a 6 quarter match), would think he would start at CHB at this stage.

Travvy43 said:
Hey Tige

Marty Mcgrath speaks to probably ten clubs a year, heard he has spoken to a few clubs in the DVFL already.

Spoke to a mate who played with him at Nth Ballarat and he said "He'll talk with at least 9 clubs, train with 5 and sign with 3 before the start of the season. then probably playing with a completely different club, before pulling the pin because his car breaks down on game day"

Granted though, he would blitz if keen to play.

Was good mates with marty when he was at Coburg but always thought he would be a bit like what you said. Sort of doesnt know if his coming or going. In saying that i would hope his word to a mate would count for something.

I know that the only other club he has spoken to this year is Lalor and what they have offered him is nothing special and would be beaten easily by other clubs.

I will know more by Friday what his gonna do, well ill know 100% what his gonna do but any club that gets him he would really be an elite player for. In regards about his car i would go get him every week if it meant he will play, the kid has unbelivable talent, just has got to want it and love playing footy again.

cheers

Big news boys, singh has signed on for the cats in 2006, recruiting now over.

This mob could be a real smokey. Not lost anyone and have added to their line up:
Karl Norman
Gary Learmonth
Nick Aloi
Geoff Connally
J Best
Among a few other lesser known players

First prac match is v Anglesea on the 25th.

TheDen said:
Who else is playing in the euroa midfield? what are your comments on simon gordon?

Im sure someone passionate enough to have the title 'the den' would know the answer to who plays in Euroa's midfield... Perhaps you should ask Sage next time he vistis station 26! As for gordon he is the only bloke that makes joffa anderson seem skinny!

BYSTANDER said:
Good to see Fat Back Pocket back on board and with a good post..... but who no who his other allias are "No Heart,Sonofapreist and proberly GVFLFAN...
QUOTE]

Theres only one Fat Back Pocket mate. No need for any other names. I stand by what i say, so i'm happy to stick with the good old FBP.

Cheers.

PUP16 said:
Colbert and Anderson, herd abit about both of them, but would either of them have the same influence to a game as Hilton would, dont get me wrong havent seen the seymour boys play, but Hilton would b hard to match let alone contain.......

I find that hard to belivie cos Rory Hilton has put on a fair bit of weight in the pre season unless he's been to jenny craige he will be an average player.

Seeking Glory said:
I find that hard to belivie cos Rory Hilton has put on a fair bit of weight in the pre season unless he's been to jenny craige he will be an average player.
Your a Goose Champ!!! Hilton is flying along with the rest of the Euroa Players!!! Doubt Hilton if you dare i reckon!!! Bring on Round One!!!!

Travvy43 said:
Big news boys, singh has signed on for the cats in 2006, recruiting now over.

This mob could be a real smokey. Not lost anyone and have added to their line up:
Karl Norman
Gary Learmonth
Nick Aloi
Geoff Connally
J Best
Among a few other lesser known players

First prac match is v Anglesea on the 25th.

Should be interesting to see how they go Travvy. Adding those guys to the Campbell brothers, Hall and the others should form a good combination.

However, they have had pretty talented teams before, but haven't done much good. Have they actually made the finals in the last 20 years (after their back to back in the mid 80's)?

Dont think mooroopna have made or won many finals since of the days of the great cooper running around collecting 97 possessions a week. this year certainly might be the year to atleast finish in the top 4. have built up slowly the last 2 years and the added recruits this year will top them up nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad