SHEPPARTON
B: T. Cullinan, L. Chapman, Saunders
HB: Campbell, Jacques, Hiscock
C: B. Chapman, O'Brien, Joyce
HF: Maddison, Dudgeon, M. Chapman
F: Turner, Mellington, Kelly
Foll: Harrap, Allen, C. Cullinan Inter: Richardson, Taylor, McIntyre

Re: Official GVFL thread

I play in the Diamond Valley & we've picked up a player who played for Shepp. Swans a couple of years ago, his name's Michael Cenny or Canny. Any info on him?

Seen Echuca's first 2 games and, while defeated in both, they look pretty handy. Very fit, running side and guns like Dylan Butler and Xavier Campbell are getting plenty of the pill. They will have a few great wins throughout the year and look a side to play finals. Depth mustn't be a problem too, as their reserves and u/18's have had 2 mammoth wins.

Against the Swans in round 1 Echuca were up by 8 goals during the 3rd quarter yet lost the game. I didn't see the game but I'm tipping they ran out of legs???

Mick Canny was at the shep swans!! he is an ok player nothing special, capable of holding down a key spot i guess?? looks good on the track with the guns tho!!!

gday guys just wondering how a bloke from melbourne played for moroopna last w/e against tatura, R.Hocking is his name only 18, bout 6.3-6.4 cheers

Can some one let me know if this comp has a web site with results that would be updated sat night?
Interested to know about Tatura - in particular and ex tem mate of mine in Greg Chivers.

thanks

Can some one let me know if this comp has a web site with results that would be updated sat night?
Interested to know about Tatura - in particular and ex tem mate of mine in Greg Chivers.

thanks

www.gvfl.com.au or try www.taturafc.vcfl.com.au

go to competitions. All you need to know there champ.

Saad was at it again today I hear...also good to see Haberman blooding a few local youngsters in Hately, Judge-Williams and Watts.

Stiff luck to Jacko as well. First game back after a pair of reco's and word is he jarred his knee in his very first contest. So lets hope its not anything too bad and he will get back out on the park.

Echuca 5.1 5.3 1.2 4.6 (15.12.102) defeated Benalla 3.1 0.3 6.3 1.2 (10.9.69)
Goals
Echuca CAIN GREGOR 3, SIMON MADDOX 2, SEAN MURPHY 2, JAMUS CAMPBELL 2, XAVIER CAMPBELL 1, CHRISTOPHER CASEY 1, ELJAY CONNORS 1, COLIN DURIE 1, LIAM GUINAN 1, BRADLEY SMITH 1
Benalla RICKY JOYCE 2, MARK MACKENZIE 2, SHAYNE MCKEAN 2, ADAM COLE 2, BEN FAHEY 1, FARRAN PRIEST 1, ROWAN PRIEST 1
Best
Echuca BRADLEY SMITH, JAMUS CAMPBELL, DYLAN BUTLER, SIMON MADDOX, COLIN DURIE, SEAN MURPHY
Benalla ANDREW POLWARTH, JAMES ROCKLIFF, ROWAN PRIEST, RICKY JOYCE, BRENDAN STEVENS, FARRAN PRIEST

Mansfield 5.8 5.2 1.5 6.4 (17.19.121) defeated Kyabram 1.2 0.2 4.3 3.2 (8.9.57)
Goals
Mansfield BEN MILLOTT 4, BRETT MAHONEY 3, DANIEL ROY 3, FRASER STEVENSON 2, MATTHEW TREWHELLA 1, RICK SAUNDERS 1, JARROD MAHONEY 1, SEAN PURCELL 1, TRENT HOTTON 1
Kyabram RYAN BUTLER 2, TIM KIRKMAN 2, PAUL NEWMAN 1, JOSHUA PELL 1, NIC CASEY 1, BRETT ANDISON 1
Best
Mansfield Not recorded
Kyabram Not recorded

Rochester 5.1 7.4 5.1 3.3 (20.9.129) defeated Tatura 3.0 0.1 1.2 1.4 (5.7.37)
Goals
Rochester DYLAN CUTTRISS 5, ANTHONY MCPHEE 4, ELLIOT BOWEN 4, SCOTT HANN 2, NICK KNIGHT 2, PHILLIP LOBB 1, ROBERT TUOHEY 1, NATHAN WHIPP 1
Tatura GREGORY CHIVERS 2, LUKE MCPHILLAMY 1, JASON BRUN 1, ANTONIO BORRELLI 1
Best
Rochester DEAN MOON, DYLAN CUTTRISS, KAHL OLIVER, SCOTT HANN, ELLIOT BOWEN, ANTHONY MCPHEE
Tatura GREGORY CHIVERS, PAUL NEVILLE, RHYS POLLARD, TIM LITTLE, SCOTT THORN, ANTONIO BORRELLI

Seymour 3.8 6.6 6.7 5.3 (20.24.144) defeated Mooroopna 2.2 5.2 1.2 4.5 (12.11.83)
Goals
Seymour SAAD SAAD 7, JEFF ANDERSON 4, DOMINIC RUSSO 4, JAKE ANDERSON 3, BRENT COLBERT 1, BERNARD HABERMAN 1
Mooroopna DEREK HALL 4, STEVEN COX 3, ROBERT OSBORNE 2, TY PARSONS 1, MICHAEL BARCA 1, SHANE HUGHAN 1
Best
Seymour BRENT COLBERT, JEFF ANDERSON, PAUL SCANLON, DOMINIC RUSSO, SAAD SAAD, GUY PEMBERTON
Mooroopna DEREK HALL, TY PARSONS, STEVEN COX, ROBERT OSBORNE, JAMES MARKS, SHANE GEMMILL

Shepparton Swans 9.5 4.4 7.2 9.5 (29.16.190) defeated Euroa 2.5 5.2 3.2 3.3 (13.12.90)
Goals
Shepparton Swans JASON RACHELE 7, GLENN DUNDOVIC 5, ROBERT MONTGOMERY 4, LUCAS WHITE 3, KANE UEBERGANG 2, NATHAN BELL 2, RAMADAN YZE 2, JAMES HACKETT 1, HEATH BARTON 1, TIM LOOBY 1, JOSHUA WILSON 1
Euroa CRAIG BAMFORD 4, MARK JANSZ 3, SCOTT GRAINGER 2, LUKE HYATT 1, HAYDEN LAMARO 1, HAEDYN SAVILLE 1, JASON WILSON 1
Best
Shepparton Swans JARROD SUTHERLAND, NATHAN BELL, JASON RACHELE, KANE UEBERGANG, TIM LOOBY, MARK BAKER
Euroa SCOTT WATSON, KLAY GIOVANNINI, MARK JANSZ, GUY MORPHET, HAYDEN LAMARO, SHANE CLAYTON

Some observations:

* Bit of action at the Shep Swans - Euroa game. Warburton (Swans) and Tremellen (Euroa) reported. Euroa's runner got reported 'deliberating pushing' Jason Rachele.
* Swans look pretty good, lots of scoring potential. However, I won't call them flag favourites yet, after Seymour beat them last week and what happened to them in 2003 and last year.
* Benalla are struggling and have not won a game this year.
* Echuca are a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment, losing the unloseable to the Swans, losing to Euroa and beating Benalla. Probably mid-ladder at this stage.
* I reckon Mansfield will play finals, although they suffered a bit loss to Euroa in R1.
* Euroa should play finals too. Although they suffered a massive loss today. What's going on Euroa lads?
* Kyabram and Tatura will be strugglers. I reckon Kyabram are better than Tatura at this stage.
* Mooroopna are a handy team despite losing Sighn and a few others.
* Seymour are still the team to beat at this stage, beating two probable finallists. Will be a great match against Rochester next week.
* Rochester are travelling well. Have a great scoring ability with McPhee, Bowen and Lobb up forward. Should have beaten Shepparton last week. Still have a few injuries - Ash Watson, Heath Aitken, Palmer, Montague, Letcher - so there is a fair bit left in the tank.
* Shepparton and Shepparton United play tomorrow.

Some observations:

* Bit of action at the Shep Swans - Euroa game. Warburton (Swans) and Tremellen (Euroa) reported. Euroa's runner got reported 'deliberating pushing' Jason Rachele.
* Swans look pretty good, lots of scoring potential. However, I won't call them flag favourites yet, after Seymour beat them last week and what happened to them in 2003 and last year.
* Echuca are a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment, losing the unloseable to the Swans, losing to Euroa and beating Benalla. Probably mid-ladder at this stage.
* I reckon Mansfield will play finals, although they suffered a bit loss to Euroa in R1.* Euroa should play finals too. Although they suffered a massive loss today. What's going on Euroa lads?
* Kyabram and Tatura will be strugglers. I reckon Kyabram are better than Tatura at this stage.
* Seymour are still the team to beat at this stage, beating two probable finallists. Will be a great match against Rochester next week.
* Rochester are travelling well. Have a great scoring ability with McPhee, Bowen and Lobb up forward. Should have beaten Shepparton last week. Still have a few injuries - Ash Watson, Heath Aitken, Palmer, Montague, Letcher - so there is a fair bit left in the tank.

I like many wrote the Eagles off at the start of last season and had egg on my face by September.

Again this year, I wasn't expecting too much, but was hopefull given how well we went last year.

I realise the last two weeks have been against Benalla and Ky, and they obviously aren't going to be powerhouse sides in 07'.

The great thing about Mansfield is the belief that no matter how little they are rated from the outside, each week players who aren't expected to continue to step up.

Keep up the good work boys ..

Some observations:

* I reckon Mansfield will play finals, although they suffered a bit loss to Euroa in R1.
* Euroa should play finals too. Although they suffered a massive loss today. What's going on Euroa lads?

Good post Rowey. Agree with pretty much everything you've got in there - especially about Euroa. Not taking anything away from the Swans, but when Kouta Rachele kicks 7 and Robbie Montgomery bobs up with 4, you have to question the backline.

Good to see Klay Giovannini doing well and also Hayden getting back to some form.

Against the Swans in round 1 Echuca were up by 8 goals during the 3rd quarter yet lost the game. I didn't see the game but I'm tipping they ran out of legs???

Fitness is no issue at Echuca, as on the weekend Benalla came back hard to be within 10 points at 3 quarter time and plenty of momentum. Cooper had them really fired up during the break and even mouthed off towards some of the Bombers boys as they headed to their huddle. The result, Echuca ran them ragged in the last quarter and won by about 6 goals. Scrawny looking bloke off half back, Maddox, played a really good game for them on the weekend. Brad Smith was very good as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post Rowey. Agree with pretty much everything you've got in there - especially about Euroa. Not taking anything away from the Swans, but when Kouta Rachele kicks 7 and Robbie Montgomery bobs up with 4, you have to question the backline.

Good to see Klay Giovannini doing well and also Hayden getting back to some form.

I was at the Swans v Euroa game on Saturday. Was very good to Hayden Lamaro start to find some form after such a long lay off, out of the game. I had forgotten how skillful this player was. Klay is a very good up and coming youngster, who will have a good future as GV senior player, think his not far away from getting a game with the Bushrangers.

Its not so much a question of the Euroa backline there Duff Man, its more of a question mark on whether the Euroa midfielders will ver man up there direct opponent. To many times I saw many Swans midfielders running loose through the centre area creating havoc. The delivery into the swans forward line was of a top class team as well, the backline did what they could, but when you are getting the ball laces out on the chest, its very hard for a backman to spoil.

On the other hand, Euroa's delivery into their forward 50 was terrible and never to their forwards advantage, this enabled Veale and Looby to continue spoiling the ball to ground.

2 players caught my eye for the Swans, Bell and Hare. Very quick and tough onballers. Both were my standout players as well as Sutherland in the ruck. Was BOG by a mile.

In a quick summary, Swans will definately be a top 3 team while Euroa will be middle of the ladder. Maybe sneaking into the finals.

I play in the Diamond Valley & we've picked up a player who played for Shepp. Swans a couple of years ago, his name's Michael Cenny or Canny. Any info on him?

Michael was a uni student on Mt Buller and played with Shepp Swans 2 years ago. Handy player when he wanted to. Did have a bed wetting problem when he was with women....

Good post blind turn. Euroa midfielders were terrbile in as far as they weren't pushing down to help their defenders out. I thought McBrien played quite well and Watson was great down back. Also Luke Hyatt was fantastic when playing deep in defence in the last quarter.

Whilst the Swans played sensational i think Euroa perfomed well below there par. They will bounce back this week against Benalla.

Also agree Lamaro is in good touch but Giovanni I can't see how he was in the best players. Maybe you saw his game a little different to me. But he is a good player and I hope he does get a game with the Bushrangers soon. Works very hard.

Just heard some big and very unfortunate news. Schirmer sorry if spelt incorrect. had an accident on saturday night trying to climb on top of a night club in shepp, fell off the top and shattered his pelvis and cracked his scull. will be in hospital indefinant and football might be completly out of the question. shattering news! was a big talent and was very important to united.

Sorry to interupt the thread.... Just thought I would let everyone know (as quite a few people showed a lot of concern).... that United Key defender Chris Schirmer has been out of hospital for a few weeks. Gets around now on both legs now and is coming along in leaps and bounds. Although still a very long way off hitting the track its still bad news for all those GV Centre Half/Full Forwards out there.:thumbsu: :) :D

I am of the belief that the swans and lions are by far the best two teams in the comp this year - barring injury, is it a fair call to say these two are well clear of the other teams in the comp?

I am of the belief that the swans and lions are by far the best two teams in the comp this year - barring injury, is it a fair call to say these two are well clear of the other teams in the comp?
United looked very slick on the weekend, not much competion though. They were very well drilled and fwd line worked well even with Forys at CHB. He killed Mellington and anyone else that came near him.

Are the Lions a chance to retain the services of Ruckman Evan Murray this year? or will he be staying at the 'Ants?

what about the other new fella who has taken over Pappa's post at the deep fryer? how is he going??

United looked very slick on the weekend, not much competion though. They were very well drilled and fwd line worked well even with Forys at CHB. He killed Mellington and anyone else that came near him.

Mellington appears to be struggling. Elliot Bowen killed him in the wet in round two.

Mellington appears to be struggling. Elliot Bowen killed him in the wet in round two.

So clearly he was named in the interleague squad just because of his name! Pretty S h i t when there is a bloke or a few blokes in good form missing out!

Nah id say when the squad was picked after round 1 that Mellington was deservably picked. He was one of the bears best against Moor. Should have put himself on Campbell early but anyway.
I wouldn't say he's struggling, he took a very good pack mark yesterday amongst other things.i wouldn't be pointing the finger at him as a reason that the bears have been disappointing.
There would be a number of other players in that side who the coaching staff wouldnt be to pleased with thus far.
One problem would be that if Mellington plays down back they loose all structure up forward, if he plays up forward, the backlines weak... its a lose, lose situation.
They're missing one or two key position players. You can't play Tys Saunders at full back. In a perfect bears world you'd want the luxury of him say on a wing or just roaming around.
And you can't play Dudgeon at CHF.
So 2 more key position players added, plus some confidence and the bears would be up and running.
Mellington is having to carry majority of the load, n cop the heat when they arn't playing well. Thats a lot a wear, and shouldnt have to be a scapegoat for the sides performances.
Along with Jeremy O'Brien and Chris Turner, Mellington has probably been the most consistent performer for Shep.

adam cole

i hear of this guy called adam cole at benalla?? did he ever do the raiders justice in the o and m??? he was a big player but did they get there money worth?/ what has he done in the past to be highly praised in the gv????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad