Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

The bloke you spoke to Roman, he didn't happen to be a young bloke who probably played seniors all year with an easy ride and is now worried that he might have to work his arrse off to get a game. Seriously everyone involved at the footy club especially the younger guys should be wrapped and excited that they will get the chance to play under one of the best and most experienced coaches in country footy. Some blokes have just had it too easy there for the last couple of years. Pull your heads in.
Ive found most blokes now days arnt tuff enough to take criticism (a couple maybe but most no). You can no longer tell them what you really think because they are just too precious. Williams might be able to coach but if he keeps treating the players the same old way he is going to loose more players than he gets to respond.

Marc Bullen, Lachlan Veale, Tim Looby (rookie list)? Or Jason Trianidis a few years ago?

Those three put together would have been on less than the highest paid player in any club in the GV.

I can't speak about trigger, i'm only talking about 2005 onwards and
2 of the blokes came back for family reasons.

Give a recruit a trade you'll have him for 4 years, give a bloke big $$ how long before some else offers him bigger $$.

Question - how many of the swans recruits will be there til atleast 2010?
Answer - All except 4 in the last 2 years

Those three put together would have been on less than the highest paid player in any club in the GV.

Give a recruit a trade you'll have him for 4 years, give a bloke big $$ how long before some else offers him bigger $$.

Didnt Looby train with Tatura and then the by the end of the week he signed with Swans. Im tipping it had to do with money. As for Bullen, yes he did move back to the area for family reasons, but a number of clubs were trying to get his signature, but he decided on the Swans as they were the only ones willing to pay him so much money and pay for all the removalists for him to relocate from SA to VIC. From my understanding is took a while for the Swans to cough up all the money they owed him and then tried to forge his signature.

Didnt Looby train with Tatura and then the by the end of the week he signed with Swans. Im tipping it had to do with money. As for Bullen, yes he did move back to the area for family reasons, but a number of clubs were trying to get his signature, but he decided on the Swans as they were the only ones willing to pay him so much money and pay for all the removalists for him to relocate from SA to VIC. From my understanding is took a while for the Swans to cough up all the money they owed him and then tried to forge his signature.

That's a big allegation hope you've got proof.

I don't think there's any doubt that Bullen put himself up for auction when he returned from S.A, which was fair enough because his only income was going to be from footy

Looby trained there because his brother was playing 3rds there. If Looby was to play for money he would be at Tatura finishing with 1 win. But like Tim Little would have full pockets.
If you got offered money to play and finish last, or get paid a 3rd but be likely to play in a GF what would you take?

He came to the swans because his father is good mates with Peter White and they offered him a good job. Which is why he will stick around next year like the other recruits.

Now bullen is a completly different story. Removalists??? Swans have Hunters, it cost them nothing top move him. They also had other SA players to move aswell!

This will show you whether Bullen was there for the club and the players or the $$$.
Coming into a game with a back injury was told to have the week off to get it right, except he told the coaching staff he was fine. Played 5 mins of the 1st quater, came of with his back injury caused a scene by throwing a water bottle at the opposition coaching staff. picking up his cash then going back to melb.
The week after didn't even come to the game, because they would give him petrol money to drive from melb to the seymour game. Top recruit!

Swans have learnt they're lesson i think now on money hungry players!

Looby trained there because his brother was playing 3rds there. If Looby was to play for money he would be at Tatura finishing with 1 win. But like Tim Little would have full pockets.
If you got offered money to play and finish last, or get paid a 3rd but be likely to play in a GF what would you take?

He came to the swans because his father is good mates with Peter White and they offered him a good job. Which is why he will stick around next year like the other recruits.

Now bullen is a completly different story. Removalists??? Swans have Hunters, it cost them nothing top move him. They also had other SA players to move aswell!

This will show you whether Bullen was there for the club and the players or the $$$.
Coming into a game with a back injury was told to have the week off to get it right, except he told the coaching staff he was fine. Played 5 mins of the 1st quater, came of with his back injury caused a scene by throwing a water bottle at the opposition coaching staff. picking up his cash then going back to melb.
The week after didn't even come to the game, because they would give him petrol money to drive from melb to the seymour game. Top recruit!

Swans have learnt they're lesson i think now on money hungry players!

Dont blame the players when clubs offer them all the money in the world to get them to there club, and it doesnt work out . :cool:

Just heard some news off the grapevine from tigerland that Travis Baird, a delisted player from the bulldogs this year, is not far away from signing with rochy.

Just heard some news off the grapevine from tigerland that Travis Baird, a delisted player from the bulldogs this year, is not far away from signing with rochy.

Interesting. He has the one thing Rochy lack: height. He is 192 cms and former a Bendigo Pioneers player, so he might've gone through there with Bowen and the other Rochy boys.

Don't be so sure Looby will be at Princess Park next season.

Nothing to do with money, but i'm pretty sure he's contemplating a move to Melbourne at maybe having another crack at a higher level.

If he decides against it then yes, I would say he'll be in the red and white.

Nothing to do with money, like has been said they got him a good job and a bit of stability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may be wrong, but I don't think Hanson has ever played with Stanhope. He played junior footy and then seniors at Tongala and then moved to Rochy. I think he went back to Tongala in 2001 and then started with Rushworth in 2004 or 2005.

Played at Stanhope in 1996, inbetween leaving Tongala and going to Rochester.

Has anyone heard how seymour is going in retaining their players? It will be interesting to see who goes and who stays especially with a few of the fringe players

No need to get so defensive tiger. You're jumping the gun a bit there.

Read my post again and what I was responding to - you'll see I never mentioned money at all. It seems you're answering questions I never asked.

Has anyone heard how seymour is going in retaining their players? It will be interesting to see who goes and who stays especially with a few of the fringe players

I think you will find most fringe players will stay. And with the addition of a good bunch of juniors. THe future is looking particularly good if all is managed correctly.

I'm sure there are a few fringe players who were disappointed with their season both individually and collectively, so a big pre-season should see the depth remain relatively strong.

Also, the Arse has been quoted "I will be super fit by the start of next footy season"...hope his wife knows...big Thompo is going to have a red hot crack at playing seniors again. So there is a solid contributor already recruited.

I would expect to see the Lions be pretty competitive next year again. Seconds will step up with some promising juniors coming through to gain valuable senior experience.

I think you will find most fringe players will stay. And with the addition of a good bunch of juniors. THe future is looking particularly good if all is managed correctly.

I'm sure there are a few fringe players who were disappointed with their season both individually and collectively, so a big pre-season should see the depth remain relatively strong.

Also, the Arse has been quoted "I will be super fit by the start of next footy season"...hope his wife knows...big Thompo is going to have a red hot crack at playing seniors again. So there is a solid contributor already recruited.

I would expect to see the Lions be pretty competitive next year again. Seconds will step up with some promising juniors coming through to gain valuable senior experience.

fat back pocket i have heard some whispers can you confirm or deny any of these :
Paul Scanlon to Barooga
Saad Saad to greenvale
Sonny Judge-williams to Violet Town
rodney van riet to aberfilde
lockie watts to avenal

I heard at work today that Tommo is interested in applying for the Avenel coaching job. If this is true and he's successful, one would imagine he might entice some of the fringe Seymour players up there!! Sort of hope it doesn't happen but if it does then good luck to him, he's served Seymour well.

Newcastle Coaching Positions 2008 Season

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Newcastle City Football Club [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]seeks expressions of interest for coaches for season 2008 in the following grades:[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]First Grade (Black Diamond Cup) - Playing or Non Playing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Reserve Grade - Playing or Non Playing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Under 18's[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]New players are also very welcome. Please contact the club if you would like information regarding lifestyle, employment or accommodation details.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The club is 125 years old with a strong tradition and is a premier club in the Newcastle and Central Coast competition. It offers excellent facilities, a strong Committee and a region offering a great lifestyle with many employment opportunities.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Newcastle City has a very strong junior base and we are looking to build on an excellent 2007 with the First Grade minor premiers, the Reserves and U/18's both back to back premiers and the U/16's premiers.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Applications close on October 31st and should be submitted to:[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Email: [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]ncafc@hotmail.com[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Postal Address: PO Box 2110, Dangar NSW 2309[/FONT]

I heard at work today that Tommo is interested in applying for the Avenel coaching job. If this is true and he's successful, one would imagine he might entice some of the fringe Seymour players up there!! Sort of hope it doesn't happen but if it does then good luck to him, he's served Seymour well.

Can almost guarentee he wouldn't do that. He is pretty keen to have a crack at getting his 200 senior games for Seymour. It's been his home club since a junior and he is a very driven person...as you would know alley cat.

Can't say it isn't true, but with the Lions in the powerful position it is at the minute, I would expect him to head back to the den...

As for attracting fringe players. Once again, he isn't that kind of person. If guys go there on their own accord, then he would accept them with open arms. But he wouldn't poach anyone.

fat back pocket i have heard some whispers can you confirm or deny any of these :
Paul Scanlon to Barooga
Saad Saad to greenvale
Sonny Judge-williams to Violet Town
rodney van riet to aberfilde
lockie watts to avenal

Scalon - doubtful he would leave...why would someone of his prowess, with the season he had, go to a standard below GV. If it were Geelong or Ovens and Murray, you would say fair enough. But Barooga is a mile away. But from those I have spoken too (I am miles out of the loop mind you), I would expect he would stay and try to win the Morrison officially.

Saad - anyones guess. The rumour was he was going there in 2006 too. So make of that what you will. I think he gets on well with Bernie, I'm pretty sure bernie has re-signed as coach. But with Saad, have to wait til first game to see if he's there.

Sonny - no idea.

Rodney - would be supprised if he left...but who knows, $$ could be more tasteful than 4 flags on the trot.

Lachy Watts - couldn't blame him for leaving, but i would be supprised if it were avenel. He is a pretty driven guy, like his old man. I doubt his old man would be happy with what happened in the granny, but wouldn't expect him to quit.

I can't say categorically that none of them will stay or leave...best to ring Bernie...0408HABERS

Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad