Official "Juice" Newton Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering who Newton was nominated to replace? Did he come in to cover someone on the LTI list? Is he taking one of the places Spencil and Grimes freed up? Or is there another way to nominate rookies?
We only have 1 veteran, so we were able to nominate 1 rookie to upgrade to the senior list at the start of the season.

How has nobody commented.... great game from JUICE and alot of people yelling his name where i was, his name being JUUUIIICCCEEE.

HUGE first quarter, and game after that... we didnt deliver to anybody after that and he came up the ground well, work hard in the ruck, loved him

Thought after he plucked the contested mark in the first he would have a field day. Not to be, but still pretty decent.

Going to have a big role to play in the next month; if Martin's knee is stuffed he suddenly becomes first ruck.

Thought he was Jonathan Brown in the first few minutes. Send him to a hypnotist and try to convince him of it permanently.

Has to stay in the side just based on the fact that we're stuffed for talls, and he has got an average of better than a goal a game but I'd rather see Brad Green go forward again and try to get into it rather than having Juice down there if we can get a second legitimate ruckman up.

One of the more incredible things I've seen on a footy field was the Juice Newton "spray" from point blank in the second quarter.

Juice running straight into an open goal ('not even Juice can miss this'). Then, inexplicably, at 10m out, turns 90 degrees to go inside, and snap on his non-preferred. Point.

Very entertaining stuff.

No mention of his tackle in the middle of the ground, nor the fact he straightens us up in our forward line. Wasn't to blame for our loss yesterday, we can't drop him and Bate, so Juice stays

No use straightening us up if you're no good. Otherwise we should have kept Brad Miller.

He had just 2 marks today in perfect conditions as a marking forward.

And made several blunders that confirm he is not a good enough player at this level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official "Juice" Newton Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back