Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
IN:
Martin Clarke (International Rookie)
Heritier O'Brien (Promoted rookie to senior list)
Shannon Cox (pr. rookie)
Alan Toovey (pr. rookie)
Paul Medhurst (trade - Fremantle FC)
Ben Reid (National Draft Pick #8 - Murray)
Nathan Brown (ND #10 - Nth Ballarat)
Chris Dawes (ND #28 - Sandringham)
Brad D|ck (ND #44 - East Fremantle)
Tyson Goldsack (ND #63 - Gippsland)

OUT:
Chad Morrison (Retired)
Blake Caracella (Retired)
Chris Tarrant (Traded to Fremantle)
Jason Cloke (delisted)
Cameron Cloke (d)
Adam Iacobucci (d)
Brent Hall (d)
Tristen Walker (d)
Julian Rowe (d)
David Fanning (d)

DRAFT PICKS REMAINING:
1 PSD Pick #10

Rookie List Spots: 2 [Pick #10 + #26] (O'Brien, Toovey, Cox out, Clarke in)

TRADES
Chris Tarrant and pick 60 was traded for Paul Medhurst, Pick 8 and pick 63.

PRELIMINARY LIST

1. Leon Davis
2. Sean Rusling
3. Ryan Lonie
4. Alan Didak
5. Nathan Buckley (Veteran's List)
6. Brodie Holland
7. Paul Medhurst
8. James Clement
9. John Anthony
10. Scott Pendlebury
11. Shane O'Bree
12. Shannon Cox
13. Dale Thomas
14. Shane Wakelin
15. Chris Egan
16. Nathan Brown
17. Scott Burns (Veteran's List)
18. Paul Licuria
19. Ben Davies
20. Ben Reid
21. Guy Richards
22. Rhyce Shaw
23. Anthony Rocca
24. Tarkyn Lockyer
25. Josh Fraser
26. Ben Johnson
27. Nick Maxwell
28. Daniel Stanley
29. Ryan Cook
30. Harry O'Brien
31. Chris Dawes
32. Travis Cloke
33. Brad D|ck
34. Alan Toovey
35. Simon Prestigiacomo
36. Dane Swan
37. Sam Iles
38. Tyson Goldsack
39. Heath Shaw
43. Martin Clarke (Rookie List - Irish International Rookie)
44. Daniel Nicholls (Rookie List - Retained)

So the availble numbers are: 40, 41, 45

Other Players
Scott Reed - NSW Scholarship

Notable Off-field Changes:

IN: Geoff Walsh - Manager of Football
Brad Scott - Development Coach (working alongside Alan Richardson)

OUT: Mark Kleiman - Manager of Football?
Reg Crawford
Neil Balme

Coin_Toss said:
O'Brien got promoted mid-season, since Caracella retired.

No delistings ??
The delistings is all rumours at the moment.
O'Brien while he was promoted he hasn't been permanantly promoted for the 2007 season. However this is a near certainty as it is his 2nd year on the list, so if we don't promote him we have to delist him.

More than likely to use a PSD pick (@ pick 10) than pick up a rookie at round 5 of the draft.

Also, is Martin Clarke rookie listed, or senior listed?

Clarke is definately a rookie. The question is whether an international rookie counts as a normal rookie (i.e. you have to have a spot for him) or if they are treated as special cases.

Also it is worth to note Scott Reed as our NSW scholarship kid. When will he be eligible for the draft? The 2007 draft, 2008 or later?

jabso said:
Clarke is definately a rookie. The question is whether an international rookie counts as a normal rookie (i.e. you have to have a spot for him) or if they are treated as special cases.

Also it is worth to note Scott Reed as our NSW scholarship kid. When will he be eligible for the draft? The 2007 draft, 2008 or later?
Martin Clarke will take up a rookie spot - Irish rookies aren't counted as International Rookies, which don't take up a spot.

Scott Reed will be eligible in 2008.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Martin Clarke will take up a rookie spot - Irish rookies aren't counted as International Rookies, which don't take up a spot.

Scott Reed will be eligible in 2008.

are you sure about irish rookies not being international rookies? I'm pretty sure carlton had 5 rookies this year including aisake o'hailpin. meany irish rookies are international rookies and therefor not taking one of the four rookie spots. I may be wrong though!

bren_gc said:
are you sure about irish rookies not being international rookies? I'm pretty sure carlton had 5 rookies this year including aisake o'hailpin. meany irish rookies are international rookies and therefor not taking one of the four rookie spots. I may be wrong though!
Carlton had 5 rookies because they only have one Veteran's list player, in Anthony Koutoufides.

For the purposes of being ADDED to the Rookie list, Irish rookies are treated as International rookies. However, the provision that allows teams to have one International rookie OUTSIDE of the 44 (or 47 for Brisbane and Sydney) allowed on their list cannot be applied to Irish rookies.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Carlton had 5 rookies because they only have one Veteran's list player, in Anthony Koutoufides.

For the purposes of being ADDED to the Rookie list, Irish rookies are treated as International rookies. However, the provision that allows teams to have one International rookie OUTSIDE of the 44 (or 47 for Brisbane and Sydney) allowed on their list cannot be applied to Irish rookies.

Well at least I was right about one thing... "I may be wrong"! Thanks for clearing that up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sloth6 said:
What do people think the delistings will be?

Brent Hall
Tristan Walker
Julian Rowe
Jason Cloke
Adam Iaccabucci
David Fanning

Based on the newspaper reports, Rowe and Iaccabucci have already been delisted (essentially told that they would be traded, or failing that delisted). Jason Cloke will probably walk given what his father has said. Walker has probably used the last of his chances. The others I haven't seen enough of to comment.

vinnie_vegas69 said:

That's silly. Pratically the only international rookies you can get are Irish. That have a decent chance of being any good anyway. He will no doubt get promoted with Didak out anyway dominating with 63 possessions in round one.

Dundalis said:
That's silly. Pratically the only international rookies you can get are Irish. That have a decent chance of being any good anyway. He will no doubt get promoted with Didak out anyway dominating with 63 possessions in round one.
It's not to allow teams to get an international rookie (i.e. an Irish one) it's to allow teams to develop a player, such as Essendon when they were looking at Goaner Tutlan or those Japanese kids, and not have to justify that spot against another rookie player.

With Irish guys, they pretty much justify their spot based on talent and reasonable familiarity with the game by comparison to others.

I'm just waiting for the first team to go and hustle and African-American basketball player with one of these spots...

sloth6 said:
What do people think the delistings will be?

Brent Hall
Tristan Walker
Julian Rowe
Jason Cloke
Adam Iaccabucci
David Fanning

Cam Cloke is missing from this list and from all reports is headed out!

Personally, i think we must keep him. We can't lose all our tall-timber!

sproulie said:
We can't lose all our tall-timber!
We can if it sucks. There's no point keeping a guy who we KNOW won't make it.

I'd prefer to delist him and take a punt on a guy from the VFL or a 19yo from the TAC Cup like Andrew Ainger who might be ready to play. Sure, there's a very low reward factor, but there's no risk. The only risk is in keeping a guy who's not good enough, and letting the opportunity to draft a mature aged tall with talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official List Changes for 2007 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back