Game Day Official Practice Match - Carlton v Sydney Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll do the usual whinge about the umpires 😂

Too many bloody free kicks paid tonight…. 63 in total.
I don't have a problem with lots of frees if they're there.
I felt a lot weren't, or were iffy at best. And call the same things both ways.

Sydney came to play - it took the team a quarter of getting bashed to figure out this wasn't going to be a game of touch footy. The repeat CBB losses in Q1 were a really really bad sign for me.

Hollands is the first skinny runt Carlton have drafted that looks like he will be a very good AFL player in teh last 20 years ( which is my only reference point ) - big tick Austin. Cowans looked smaller today on field but played big - loved his run and kicking and straight line at the contest - look out opposition when he gets some development under his belt- didn't look tired by the end of the game either- reckon both definitely in contention for round one. Both these kids are genuine footballers.

Well that was a piss poor performance. However, I have noticed how much bigger most players have gotten. Can’t really think of a moment where we looked soft too but we were outworked and the class gap is a little concerning considering the swans had a few out as well. A bit of a reality check before round 1 isn’t the worst thing in the world.

Hopefully our round 1 team, big difference to side running out tonight.

Really looked slow / not creative out of D50, Gov and Newy would change that.

FB: NEWMAN Weits Saad
HB: MCGOVERN Young Doc
CE: Acres CRIPPS Hollands
HF: MARTIN Curnow Sos
FF: DURDIN MCKAY Motlop

FOLL: Pitto Cerra Hewett

Bench: Kennedy Fisher Cincotta TDK

Sub: Cowan

Emergencies: S. Durdin, Owies, Honey, Dow.

I know it’s only a practice match but the melts are absolutely justified, deplorable efforts from these guys… lift your friggin game!!

Cripps
Mckay
Walsh
Gov
Martin
Marchbank
Newman
C. Durin

Did I miss anyone else that stunk it up tonight?

Invisible the lot of Em!
Sakc Russell!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blow it out your a*** Bubbles.
Enlighten us as to the reasons for our shitness.
I don't have the answers I'm not paid to.
Blow it out your a*** Bubbles.
Enlighten us as to the reasons for our shitness.
I'm not paid to fix our shitness plus don't have the skills or real brain power for that but the weather had nothing to do with the end result. That display tonight doesn't fill me with confidence. Like seriously that was horrendously shit. Players like fish, TDK, JSOS, Plowman, Lob, Dow, Pitt, Owies just haven't improved.

I know it’s only a practice match but the melts are absolutely justified, deplorable efforts from these guys… lift your friggin game!!

Cripps
Mckay
Walsh
Gov
Martin
Marchbank
Newman
C. Durin

I agree. I’ve never seen such low stats from Cripps. Deplorable. 😂

Account hacked obviously 😂

To prove my account hasn’t been hacked - just let me say this.

Don’t forget it was Umpire #22 aka “The Cheat” - who once again screwed us when it mattered and conveniently knows how to even up the stats when the games all over - and the AFL sacked Michael Pell. :rolleyes:

Cripps
Mckay
Walsh
Gov
Martin
Marchbank
Newman
C. Durin

POTY 😂😂😂

Cripps
Mckay
Walsh
Gov
Martin
Marchbank
Newman
C. Durin

Here you go Michael Jezz

Cripps and Mckay will not help transition where we are weak

They really do.

Whilst they may not offer run and carry, both provide strong marking targets when bringing the ball out of the defensive 50, and having the full complement of marking targets means that we can chain a sequence of kicks from end to end. Tonight it was Charlie and JSOS providing those options, and that left us without a viable target inside 50. Cue the shallow entries and immediate rebounds.

On the whole, it was a weird game. I wouldn't put much stock in particular performances except where it pertains to skills (which should always be a focus). Seems we were happy to coast a bit and give some youngsters an opportunity to show their wares. Hardly played through Saad or LOB all night, can guarantee that won't be the case come R1. Acres spent time deep forward. Pretty sure I saw Bam Bam starting down back at one point. No chance we let Gulden waltz his way to 45 possies in the home and away season.

Liked the endeavour from Cowan, Hollands and Cincotta, probably instilled a good bit of faith in the coaching group who now know that we have three players who can be called upon to step up beyond what their (in)experience would suggest.

Still, concerns with our rucks. Didn't come up against anything of note tonight, won the hitouts but lost the clearances. Even without Cripps and Walsh, TDK/Pitto should have been able to work Ladhams over and put the ball consistently to the advantage of Kennedy, Cerra and Hewett. Hope to see TDK make some big strides this year, otherwise I would absolutely be giving consideration to hitting the market for a proven ruckman in their peak years.

Cripps
Mckay
Walsh
Gov
Martin
Marchbank
Newman
C. Durin

Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks, and the setting sun with the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the key-hole.

The good omens are rolling in.

Number 17 is in the bag.

Cripps
Mckay
Walsh
Gov
Martin
Marchbank
Newman
C. Durin

The above post uses excuses to create optimism for rnd 1. t is too far away from reality below.

Cripps- does not help transition
Mckay- does not help transition
Walsh- unavailable
Newman- helps
Gov- big in.
Martin what are we going to get?
Durdin/Marchbank- underdone

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Official Practice Match - Carlton v Sydney Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back