Certified Legendary Thread Official ROOSISTENCE GIG thread

Remove this Banner Ad

TOP STUFF PICS!!

i'm a bit concerned, has kangalicous surfaced????? haven't seen any posts from her today - usually in the thick of it.

and while i'm on about being concerned, i was glad to see GR made it home safe and sound - the lad lives a long way out of the city. (geez i'm going all motherly in my middle years ahem - or it's the sav blanc i'm sipping)

Been awake since 7. Probably been sober since about lunchtime.

What a fantastic night. My highlights - all the bands. Gorgeous, talented, and rocked my world. Trevor Marmalade - what a revelation. June - I love you. Archer - don't worry about the Herald Sun, we heard you.

To all the people I met and started conversations with - I think I either owe apologies for talking for too long :)o) or wandering away mid sentence :)o:eek:).

To the magnificent Mrs ToD who took it upon herself to look after me after Mr KL piked at about 1am - thanks. And I got home OK. (although found my phone in the wierdest place this morning . . .)

And finally, ToD, Pharro, NorthBhoy, Lidge, Arden, TFW, RB - while you guys don't quite compensate for the hell of going through this relocation crap, you come bloody close. It has been, and continues to be, an absolute pleasure working with you, and I am honoured to have you as my friends.

Actually, BigFooty as a whole - which has managed to put up all of the members based resistence to this move - WANM, Roo-sistence, the gig, the postcards, the talkback phone ins, the emails, Lidge's ads . . .

Big soppy love moment to you all. :)

What a fantastic night. My highlights - all the bands. Gorgeous, talented, and rocked my world. Trevor Marmalade - what a revelation. June - I love you. Archer - don't worry about the Herald Sun, we heard you.

To all the people I met and started conversations with - I think I either owe apologies for talking for too long :)o) or wandering away mid sentence :)o:eek:).

To the magnificent Mrs ToD who took it upon herself to look after me after Mr KL piked at about 1am - thanks. And I got home OK. (although found my phone in the wierdest place this morning . . .)

And finally, ToD, Pharro, NorthBhoy, Lidge, TFW, RB - while you guys don't quite compensate for the hell of going through this relocation crap, you come bloody close. It has been, and continues to be, an absolute pleasure working with you, and I am honoured to have you as my friends.

Actually, BigFooty as a whole - which has managed to put up all of the members based resistence to this move - WANM, Roo-sistence, the gig, the postcards, the talkback phone ins, the emails, Lidge's ads . . .

Sounds like someone still hasn't sobered up.:D:D

And finally, ToD, Pharro, NorthBhoy, Lidge, TFW, RB - while you guys don't quite compensate for the hell of going through this relocation crap, you come bloody close. It has been, and continues to be, an absolute pleasure working with you, and I am honoured to have you as my friends.

Very nice. I had no idea when I stumbled across this site years ago, and during most of my time here, just what this group could be capable of. It's been quite outstanding.

I couldn't find any of the few faces I know last night - frankly had enough trouble finding my partner - so look forward to catching up another time.

Rohan Connolly forgives you.;)

Damien Barrett might not though. A friend rang me this morning highly entertained by the fact that I was halfway though a passionate and fascinating (her words!!) chat with Damien when I lost my train of thought, and wandered off mid sentence (distracted no doubt by something shiny on the otherside of the room). She kept assuring him I would be back to finish the sentence.

Unfortunately I have no memory of this at all . . . :eek:

Damien Barrett might not though. A friend rang me this morning highly entertained by the fact that I was halfway though a passionate and fascinating (her words!!) chat with Damien when I lost my train of thought, and wandered off mid sentence (distracted no doubt by something shiny on the otherside of the room). She kept assuring him I would be back to finish the sentence.

Unfortunately I have no memory of this at all . . . :eek:

Hmmm, you were talking to Damien Barrett when I left. I was intending to ask you what goss you discovered but after reading your post, I guess there's not much point. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are some pics from last night, hope the links work as i haven't used photobucket before.

for those that weren't there, i hope the images can paint the story for you.:thumbsu:

the images are in reverse order for some reason.

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/spinaroo/

Some great shots there Spin, well done. Really captures the mood. Don't know who that attention grabbing jackass in the front row with the blue hat was. Did anyone notice him on the night?

Legendary stuff...

_MG_7278.jpg

_MG_7283.jpg

_MG_7210.jpg

_MG_7187.jpg

Managed to call in for about an hour and a half after three fairly hectic days driving to NSW and then flying back last night, so I wasn't exactly up for much.

A terrific effort in organising this TOD, congratulations to you along with everyone else involved. The spirit and passion was unbelievable and underlined that despite what the knockers may wish to portray, indicates how precious this club is to so many.

I thought that Trev's speech was outstanding and could not have articulated the cause better. Met a few BF posters however left at 11.30 so never got the chance to say hello to too many. (Old age coupled with lack of sleep and excess weight are a terrible combination. :eek:)

I hope that this is the beginning of many similar events that will unite all North Melbourne people. We simply must not let the forces of evil destroy what was so proudly on display last night.

And finally, ToD, Pharro, NorthBhoy, Lidge, Arden, TFW, RB - while you guys don't quite compensate for the hell of going through this relocation crap, you come bloody close. It has been, and continues to be, an absolute pleasure working with you, and I am honoured to have you as my friends.

I feel the LURV!

Good to see all is right with you and boy oh boy is the next Syd going to be HUGE!!!! How many BF tables will there be.

Just got off the phone with Forever Roo who shaped up not too good this morning but managed to walk the kids - 2 dogs. All good her report.

Whatever the outcome, and i'm tipping POSITIVE I say i'ts been the start of a wonderful friendship as old Bogie said in the closing of Casablanca. All for one and one for all. Geez i'm getting sentimental but that's what passion for the team is about.

I would like to send a big thank you to you and the rest of you who have worked your butts off the past couple of weeks flying the flag and organising a lot. To me up here in the north it means a lot knowing that even tho i can't be there helping tho doing my bit that i can, nagging work mates and whizzzing off emails, keeping telstra in $$$$, there are those who are keeping the flag flying. Reminds of something the Rex once said about the Roos in the mid '90's, they're the sort of team you'd want with you in the trenches, i reckon the Roos supporters are just as important as well. GOOD EFFORT AND KEEP UP THE FIGHT.

Apparently Richmond are organising a similar gig to avoid re-location to Craigeburn.

The line up will feature:

Nikki Webster, Daryl Sommers (Doing a 3 hour drum solo), the reformed Bardot. Headline act will be Australian fast bowler Brett Lee's band - Six and Out. Rumor has it the KB and Caroline Wilson will perform the Elton John/Kiki Dee classic - Don't go breaking my heart.

What a fantastic night!!! The music and atmosphere was unbelievable, I can still hear it ringing in my ears today! or is that the gigantic headache im carrying.
It was great meeting so many of the Bigfooty guys and Gals last night especially after the event downstairs in the pub. Got to meet TOD, Lidge, Kangalicious, Crazy Q, and Jozeph to name a few and have to Thank Damien Barrett and Mark Stevens for letting me talk their ears off for ages in my drunken stupur. Found out Jozeph was from over here in SA not far from my home base in Mt Gambier and have played cricket against him for quite a while now!!!Small world. To all the organisers and behind the scenes people, an absolutly fantastic effort and made for one truly unforgettable night.

I will go lie down know and continue the recovery process:thumbsu:

As per all the other posts in this thread, my wife and I had a fantastic time. Thanks to all the organisers, especially Tim and TOD. I would have loved to have heard Tim say a few more words about the cause and his feelings but I could understand that he felt quite emotional about the matter. Trev's words were the highlight for mine. Awesome stuff.
I would have liked to have met up with you BF guys but it was very crowded and I wanted to stay close with my wife. Maybe at the meeting next week.
All the bands were fanstastic, and I understand that they did the gig for nothing or almost nothing (???) so definately hats off to them. Bouncer werent great in comparison to the other elite acts up there, but they were there to help out and I had a strong word to a couple of guys who booed them off the stage. I absolutely love Something for Kate. That chick guitarist is freakin cool...and she doesnt even need to try. Ive seen the lead singer at the 'G a couple of times in the MCC and I knew he wasnt a Roos fan, which he pointed out.
My ears rung until midday today at work, which was embarrassing in meetings...but who cares. What a night!!! Very proud to be beside all of you

To all the people I met and started conversations with - I think I either owe apologies for talking for too long or wandering away mid sentence :)o).

Big soppy love moment to you all.

Wonderfully sweet as always from KL there :DBut wonderful sentiments that I am in total agreement with.

Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip down for the gig as my partner and I suffered a personal tragedy before hand... but you can all know I was completely there in spirit (thats right- I'm a tequila worm;)). I just wanted to say though that being privy to the creation process of this wonderful gig from start to finish, the acclaim that is being afforded TOD, Boner, Lidge, Pharro, Kangalicious, NorthBhoy, Arden and RoyalBlue is just scratching the surface. If you ever wanted heroes, folks, I present them to ye. These aren't the guys with the money, or the political clout. They aren't club champions or board members. They are the people, the backbone of the club and their efforts (with those of all of you fantastic guys that have affiliated themselves via the pledge, or WANM etc) are the reason why North Melbourne will always remain North Melbourne. I'm just so fcukin' proud of all of you, and wish I could have been there to say as much.

As I have often said to TOD as I hear the stress in his voice, the great John Lennon once said "A working class hero is something to be". Apt words. I think he appreciated them:confused::)

My apologies to our elitist richboy supporters lending a hand:rolleyes::D

Congrtulations to TOD, Lidge, Pharro, Kangalicious, Northbhoy and everyone else involved. It was a sensational night and one I'll remember forever.

The only way to describe Tim Rogers is to borrow a phrase from his mate Kram.... You're Fcuking Awesome! Mrs Davo01 came along with me and Tim and Tex on stage singing 'cunnilingis' was almost too much for her. :)

I would love to see Trev Marmalade display more of the passion he put on show last night. Arch belting out We Can't Be Beaten was a special moment for me, flashback to my misspent youth!! 70yo June was awesome and a brilliant touch by the team to put someone up on stage who embodies our history and traditions.

Great to see lots of the WANM crowd along and to meet a lot of BF posters for the first time! Carlos, keep digging mate - if anyone can, Carlos can! (But you haven't convinced me that Tashibatts is real!)

A great night that lifted the spirits of everyone. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

TOD, looking forward to Roosistence 2008?

Pharro...sensational digs last night mate. Very Dave Graney, very cool.
How you gonna get the interviews out to the masses?
Wouldn't mid seeing some of it replayed.
Especially that bloke you interviewed at the outdoor bar wearing the Roos guernsey, sounded intelligent and looked v. handsome.;)

Keep posting pics guys & girls if you have them.
Mine on my mobile didn't turn out that flash (too dark)

Gee I hope the Herald Sun runs a story on Saturday, I think they owe it to North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Official ROOSISTENCE GIG thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back