List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Scott Selwood moves to Geelong as free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

CRGWIk5U8AAxZ0j.jpg

2 down, 2 to go!
How bloody good is the GREATNESS our tradition, our ambition thing

And the E being the hoops

Superb

Well, we may've picked up Selwood and Danger...AWESOME!!!

But we drop two talented youngsters in Gore and Jansen.
We still have to go into this draft and pick up some young midfield talent.

Well, we may've picked up Selwood and Danger...AWESOME!!!

But we drop two talented youngsters in Gore and Jansen.
We still have to go into this draft and pick up some young midfield talent.
Liked what I saw of Gore, Jansen a plodder but as you say only young. We took 4 mids last year. Our young key position depth consists of vardy and kolo.. Think we have other priorities.

Gregson, Cockatoo, Gore and Cunico, all mids.
Gregson aint a mid...may develop into a good one in a few years.
Cockatoo is...but needs to learn how to play.
Cunico is nothing yet.

I agree though to some extent. We need one more tall/ruck project.
But we need a few more mids seeing projects Jansen, Gore, Bates are gone. Also, Stokes, Johnson, Kelly retired. Also, not sure Blease will be there or is good enough.

We can't neglect the midfield. We need more soldiers in the trenches!

I'd like to know what Joel's nickname is + Troy's? Always call Joel Captain Courageous.

Troy has always been called Bunnings whenever I have seen people talk to him around the club.

On Selwood I think he is a great get and well done to WCE for not matching, they are a classy club (and they deserved a better compo pick and have every right to be upset about it). Obviously there is some risk with Scooter needing more ankle surgery but if fit he is elite for clearances which we are terrible at and he is a two way player who will tackle as hard as any and help his brother with tags. Plus he is a quality person like all Selwoods are.

Look forward to seeing him in a Geelong jumper soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta laugh at this when a player of Buddy's calibre was only worth pick 19 in compo and PD 14. What did they expect?

Selwood is worth more than 37 though, the reality is compo should not be tied to ladder position, it's ridiculous that WCE are effectively being penalised for doing well this year.

Gregson aint a mid...may develop into a good one in a few years.
Cockatoo is...but needs to learn how to play.
Cunico is nothing yet.

I agree though to some extent. We need one more tall/ruck project.
But we need a few more mids seeing projects Jansen, Gore, Bates are gone. Also, Stokes, Johnson, Kelly retired. Also, not sure Blease will be there or is good enough.

We can't neglect the midfield. We need more soldiers in the trenches!

On my count we have 15 mids on our list who are at various stages of development and health (not including players likely to leave in the next week or so)

Dangerfield,Selwood,S.Selwood,Caddy,Guthrie,Duncan,Blicavs,Motlop
Horlin-Smith, Bartel, Lang,Cowan, Cockatoo,
McCarthy and Luxford

There's not going to be a lot of opportunity available for young mids to get much of a shot at AFL level in the next couple of years. We'll probably bring a couple in with our late picks this year but I'd not a need anymore

On my count we have 15 mids on our list who are at various stages of development and health (not including players likely to leave in the next week or so)

Dangerfield,Selwood,S.Selwood,Caddy,Guthrie,Duncan,Blicavs,Motlop
Horlin-Smith, Bartel, Lang,Cowan, Cockatoo,
McCarthy and Luxford

There's not going to be a lot of opportunity available for young mids to get much of a shot at AFL level in the next couple of years. We'll probably bring a couple in with our late picks this year but I'd not a need anymore
Don't forget Bates...I forgot him.

Yeah, I get your point. Valid!

But I'm keen for at least one more to develop. Gore is going to be a player...Adelaide's gain. Jansen had potential too.
I think we are flush with talls if we can get Smith & Henderson.

Anyway, list balance will be an interesting thing to watch throughout draft period.

We are going well so far!

Very very true! I was only thinking of current players, so didn't give him a thought (actually, I only think of him when he's giving me the shits as commentator :mad: Sad, isn't it? :()
I love him as a commentator. Very believable and well respected by all players.

I love how clubs think every FA should be a 1st round pick in compo. If they didn't play Scooter in the GF, then that immediately makes him a at least a 2nd round compo because you're saying he's not in your best 22.

Anyway, good to get him for nothing. Welcome to Geelong, Scooter.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Scott Selwood moves to Geelong as free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back