Official Shane Watson Thread

Is Watson good enough in One Dayers to warrant a spot?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No, White's a far better option

• Yes, but he must open and Hayden must be axed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Shane Watson

If he is opening then he really isnt competing for the same spot as white in the side!!
not in theory he isn't but seeing as they're both batting all-rounders and I don't see the need to play both of them in the same team both are worthy of comparison.

A comparison that to the educated cricket observer is heavily in White's favour when it comes to One Day Cricket. His bowling is far more dangerous than Watson's try and bowl as fast as I can pies.

Watson is a very overrated cricketer. He doesn't possess the style or shotmaking ability of someone like a Kallis, yet doesn't have the brutality or power of a Flintoff. He's stuck in the middle and his bowling is also below international standard. Sure, he's reasonably sharp, but he can't move the ball to save himself nor can he keep it in the same spot consistently.
How people think Watson is anywhere NEAR the quality of Flintoff is beyond me. I'd take Afridi or Irfan Pathan over Watson as all rounders.

Watson is a very overrated cricketer. He doesn't possess the style or shotmaking ability of someone like a Kallis, yet doesn't have the brutality or power of a Flintoff. He's stuck in the middle and his bowling is also below international standard. Sure, he's reasonably sharp, but he can't move the ball to save himself nor can he keep it in the same spot consistently.
How people think Watson is anywhere NEAR the quality of Flintoff is beyond me. I'd take Afridi or Irfan Pathan over Watson as all rounders.

*cue Rough Edges*

Flintoffs stats are only just better

*end cue Rough Edges*

Nice innings.

Un-lucky to be caught out by that.
Heh.

Unlucky is not a word one can associate with Watson whilst keeping a straight face. What a golden run he's been given, and will no doubt continue throughout the tour of NZ and the WC.

Heh.

Unlucky is not a word one can associate with Watson whilst keeping a straight face. What a golden run he's been given, and will no doubt continue throughout the tour of NZ and the WC.

The point of this thread was to show why he's undeserving of a spot. So please, be my guest.

Is it just me or does Watson look like a robot? Especially when he's running into bowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Robot Watson a liability in the ODI side?

Well he's a batting all-rounder, or at least he's suppose to be. He's about as aggressive as Simon Katich and batting at number 7 it's just ordinary. IMO, the only spot he's got in the side, batting-wise, is opening. Hayden has taken his place there so now its either 7 or nothing. It's a real problem that is going to worry us in the WC even more so with Symonds being out. They'll be no more getting 80 runs off the last 10 overs if Watson bats for most of them.

The question then really is; Is his bowling good enough to warrant a spot in the ODI side? I say no.

Re: Is Robot Watson a liability in the ODI side?

awesomo.gif

Re: Is Robot Watson a liability in the ODI side?

gilchrist
ronchi
north
voges
langer
pomersbach
hogg
wates
dorey
magoffin
edmondson

would win the wc