Official Shane Watson Thread

Is Watson good enough in One Dayers to warrant a spot?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No, White's a far better option

• Yes, but he must open and Hayden must be axed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Is Robot Watson a liability in the ODI side?

gilchrist
ronchi
north
voges
langer
pomersbach
hogg
wates
dorey
magoffin
edmondson

would win the wc

So would:
Michael Klinger
Aiden Blizzard
Brad Hodge
Cam White
David Hussey
Jon Moss
Andrew McDonald
Adam Crosthwaite
Shane Harwood
Mick Lewis
Peter Siddle

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

awesomo.gif

hahah ********en gold

He definately isn't up to scratch at the moment and with the World Cup just around the corner perhaps its time to revert back to the 7 Batsman and 4 Bowlers. Since being back in the team Australia has lost 3 out of 3.

He's bowling looks harmless and isn't moving the ball at all. The West Indies wickets aren't exactly going to suit him. The way he is going the only way he is going to get wickets is if the batsman makes a bad mistake. With these figures it shows he can go for plenty as well.
8 0 51 1
8 0 46 0
4 0 28 0

His batting seems very scratchy at the moment too. Just isn't in form and a massive liability
9 (13)
37 (44)
8 (32)

Needs to contribute or show something in the next few matches or else may be carrying the drinks for most of the World Cup tournament. If he was at least good then you could overlook his pea heart, he needs to be fighting hard and prove himself once and for all.

Yes because of his injury proneness.

I think he needs to be opening and get more consistent cricket under his belt.

Answer - yes he is a liability but he will be in the best 11 because of our selectors obsession with an all rounder and White is no better

Weren't a few on here singing his praises after his ODI performances at the end of last year? The guy needs to be given a chance to get back into the swing of playing cricket before the knives come out.

I think the guy is pretty average, but his problems are compounded by the fact that Brad Hogg is ********ing useless now. In the old days Watson's bowling was backed up with some decent spin and therefore his robotic nature went unpunished.

As much as I think Watson's average, Hogg is now a hack, and this is creating massive problems for the Australian team.

ps. Good work rocco, you champ.

Weren't a few on here singing his praises after his ODI performances at the end of last year? The guy needs to be given a chance to get back into the swing of playing cricket before the knives come out.

I think the issue is, he shouldn't be back in the side to start with.

I don't think Watson is completely useless like a lot of poster, but I also don't see how he has possibly earned the right to walk back into the team straight after a reasonably long term injury.

I think the issue is, he shouldn't be back in the side to start with.

I don't think Watson is completely useless like a lot of poster, but I also don't see how he has possibly earned the right to walk back into the team straight after a reasonably long term injury.

I agree he definitely warrants a place in the Australian squad it just pisses me right off that he seems to have some God given right to walk back into the XI at any point when guys like Tait etc. are made to work their arses off for a spot when Watson has never really taken an ODI game by the scruff of the neck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much time do you want to give him - the World Cup is only a couple of games away

Shane Watson would be a liability playing 7ths for some local side in QLD, he's a dead set hack cricketer and should never be allowed to play International Cricket ever again!!!!!!!!!

Useless!!!!

Re: Give Watson the heave ho

Given selectors religious faith in playing him, not looking good for WC.

Yeah. And things would have been looking so much better if we'd taken that genius - and superstar at international level - White ahead of him.

Or any of the plethora of all-rounders at state level with anything like the talent that Watson has.

The routine Watson-bashing that goes on on this site is just laughable. Really.

So would:
Michael Klinger
Aiden Blizzard
Brad Hodge
Cam White
David Hussey
Jon Moss
Andrew McDonald
Adam Crosthwaite
Shane Harwood
Mick Lewis
Peter Siddle

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Pattinson>>Siddle
Moss opening Blizz at 5 Dussey at 4 White at 6

Victoria today>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Australia yesterday...send the Bushrangers to NZ

How much time do you want to give him - the World Cup is only a couple of games away
Which is why we need to be playing Watson every game as he needs to be match for the cup. It is unrealistic to expect him to dominate after being out of the game for so long. Some seem to forget that he was arguably Australia's best player in the Champion's Trophy. I would bat him #4 against the Kiwis. With injuries to both Symonds & Lee, we need his all-round talents.

his bowling doesn't do enough ... not enough swing or seam movement so he needs to develop really good deceptive changes of pace if he wants to be successfull 10 over bowler in ODI's. As it is I think he might be a valid opener (with correct hitting but not good enough to manufacture runs down the order) and maybe fill a few overs in combination with others to make up a 5th bowler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Shane Watson Thread

Back