Official Shane Watson Thread

Is Watson good enough in One Dayers to warrant a spot?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No, White's a far better option

• Yes, but he must open and Hayden must be axed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Shane Watson - Please ********** him off!

Mitch Johnson is way worse

Agree, but I think Watson was lucky that many of his later overs were bowled to a tiring, diabetic McMillan, that allowed some of his overs to be more economical than warranted as he bowled some short stuff that should have been dealt with but McMillan was rooted.

Watson was the only Australian batsmen not to hit a 6 and make runs at better than a run a ball....

2/88 is ********ing ********house, fair dinkum its a disgrace he's in the team. I can't believe im gonna say this but i'd prefer James Hopes.

Watson was the only Australian batsmen not to hit a 6 and make runs at better than a run a ball....

2/88 is ********ing ********house, fair dinkum its a disgrace he's in the team. I can't believe im gonna say this but i'd prefer James Hopes.

Oh ******** off. Seriously.

What a joke. No other player in the world would make 68 and have everyone call for his head. Its just people want to find a reason to hate him, how about doing after he doesn't make runs.

Yep, he should've been expected to bowl 10 overs at 20 runs after running up and down the pitch for 50 overs straight :rolleyes:

Again, the same as White, Watson should only be in there for his batting. If you want an all rounder in there if Symonds is unavailable, bring back Boof.

I have the solution.

Bring back the Freak.

Ian Harvey.

Oh ******** off. Seriously.

What a joke. No other player in the world would make 68 and have everyone call for his head. Its just people want to find a reason to hate him, how about doing after he doesn't make runs.
Exactly. People are so blinded by their hate (and love) that they just make the most ridiculous comments. He batted beautifully for his 68, and then had to be Hayden’s runner for 20 overs. And then he bowls his 10 overs, pretty much without luck, and people are calling for his head. He took the crucial wicket of McMillan, but then Gillespie got lucky against him on 3 consecutive delivers. Johnson’s in the team to be a bowler and yet he was basically as expensive. Watson scored 68, but lets forget that. :rolleyes:

But I’m not reading too much into his post because he adores Cameron White and looks at everything as a possibility to bag Watson. So pathetic.

Why was he running anyway? He's obviously fit enough or else its an incredibly dumb move. If Watson is in the team, he shouldnn't bowl.
Runner has to be someone who's already batted.

Why was he running anyway? He's obviously fit enough or else its an incredibly dumb move. If Watson is in the team, he shouldnn't bowl.
There was only 1 wicket down; you can only have a runner who has been dismissed. Don't know much about cricket do you. :rolleyes:

Robot's staying. Sure he's a ******* bowler but he's a decent opener and the selectors love him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. People are so blinded by their hate (and love) that they just make the most ridiculous comments. He batted beautifully for his 68, and then had to be Hayden’s runner for 20 overs. And then he bowls his 10 overs, pretty much without luck, and people are calling for his head. He took the crucial wicket of McMillan, but then Gillespie got lucky against him on 3 consecutive delivers. Johnson’s in the team to be a bowler and yet he was basically as expensive. Watson scored 68, but lets forget that. :rolleyes:

But I’m not reading too much into his post because he adores Cameron White and looks at everything as a possibility to bag Watson. So pathetic.

He bowled ********house and you know it stop making stupid excuses.

There was only 1 wicket down; you can only have a runner who has been dismissed. Don't know much about cricket do you. :rolleyes:
Are you sure about that or are you guessing? ;)

The "disgrace" here is you.

Your constant bagging of Watson at every conceivable opportunity is an absolute joke. It's tiresome, childish and pathetic.

The "disgrace" here is you.

Your constant bagging of Watson at every conceivable opportunity is an absolute joke. It's tiresome, childish and pathetic.

I have actually been positive about Watson when he has performed well. Which has been rare, what am i suppossed to do? Pretend he's a gun when he hasnt shown to be anything of that sort?

He can bat, but can't bowl. Simple as that. Don't give him the ball.

Still, he contributes more than White does.

******** it, drop half the team.

This team should bring home the bacon

Tubby Taylor
Boonie's look alike from the Adelaide Oval
Richard Chee Quee
Shane Lee
Greg Blewett
Member from the fanatics

Get a grip people, we will win the WC, you read it here first.

I dont see why Tasmanians still defend Watson to the death when he abandoned them :confused:

Anyway nothing changes the fact he was the most expensive bowler in the match :D
yep.

why do they defend him so much?

he obviously hated the ********hole and couldn't wait to leave.

Watson would be the worst bowler in international cricket. His bowling is a non-event and his batting isn't suited to one day cricket. And if anyone brings up this innings I reckon I'll faint.

1. it's the flattest pitch in the history of the game and he could only score at a run a ball

2. NZ's bowling attack today would've been close to the worst in world cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Shane Watson Thread

Back