• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He's done more than McDonald or McLean. Not sure why he's the one with crosshairs on him (not that I'm suggesting either of our keys should be on notice)

Take out the one game against the Crows and he hasn’t. Mind you our keys work with our mediums plus the crumber in Paps, etc

Mac Andrew $12m at GCS

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
If I was going to give anyone in the league that sum of money (over 8 years I think), Mac Andrew would be right up there. He could be absolutely anything. Hope he stays with the Suns.

Take out the one game against the Crows and he hasn’t. Mind you our keys work with our mediums plus the crumber in Paps, etc
Yes when you take a players best performance out their numbers go down.

Take Logan's and Amarteys best games down and they're each on 31 goals for the season.

Take away McLeans best and he's at 24 goals for the year.

We have up to 3 players to consider (not counting if O'Loughlin is under F/S consideration), and with the new DVI and the discount going down to 10%, we'll need a few more picks IMO.

Clubs have said they want to trade into this year, and if they're willing to pay, I say make them pay!
Only way i see us trading out of this year would be making another finals club like Western Bulldogs and saying if you want one of our firsts give us your future first because i don't believe for instance that their second (currently 32) and a future second is good enough value.

Take Logan's and Amarteys best games down and they're each on 31 goals for the season.

Big difference when the 9 goals is an extreme outlier. Actually haven’t had a problem with our talls anyway

Yeah I don't rate him too highly but we need to find a decent medium defender to replace Rampe soon.
Should stop and think about what it is that we actually need to replace Rampe.
He is 187cm and through his career has played as a medium, then as an undersized key and now back to a medium. In our backline we currently have/had Fox 185cm, Florent 184cm, Roberts 184cm and occasionally McInerney 189cm all of whom have played as medium defenders. Cunningham and Campbell are small at 181cm.
Also contracted is Snell at 194cm who for mine looks more like a third tall than a key with good ball skills who might fill that niche in time.
Very likely we will also draft Cochran from the Academy, a defender at 195cm.
But given the strength of our midfield the most obvious choice is Mills 188cm who can also replace Rampe's leadership and organisational skills.
So I would see a medium defender as one of the least of our recruitment needs behind a couple of talls.

He is 187cm and through his career has played as a medium, then as an undersized key and now back to a medium. In our backline we currently have/had Fox 185cm, Florent 184cm, Roberts 184cm and occasionally McInerney 189cm all of whom have played as medium defenders. Cunningham and Campbell are small at 181cm.
Also contracted is Snell at 194cm who for mine looks more like a third tall than a key with good ball skills who might fill that niche in time.
But given the strength of our midfield the most obvious choice is Mills 188cm who can also replace Rampe's leadership and organisational skills.
So I would see a medium defender as one of the least of our recruitment needs behind a couple of talls.
Edwards and Snell are going to make it imo so they will be 2/3 to replace Rampe Melican and McCartin, whether that be in the next 12 months or honestly 4-5 years if the latter twos bodies hold up. Mills is 27 so he has so much footy left in him. Roberts will Florent Blakey should round out the back 7 for the future imo. Probably could look in the near future of getting another developing half-back but you can honestly pluck them from any position if they have a good kick and footy iq to develop into that role

This - Rampe's leadership down back is second to none. Mills will plug that gap, unless of course we manage to snag a trade with those skills.

Only way i see us trading out of this year would be making another finals club like Western Bulldogs and saying if you want one of our firsts give us your future first because i don't believe for instance that their second (currently 32) and a future second is good enough value.
Surely the Dogs will be getting some decent trade value out Smith & Mcrae leaving. Not sure they'll need anything from us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the Dogs will be getting some decent trade value out Smith & Mcrae leaving. Not sure they'll need anything from us.
Yep only other club i would consider is maybe Collingwood trading into the first round and maybe getting a flurry of picks out of them e.g. 3 seconds what split across this current draft and future draft but yea not many clubs would want to be trading into the first round unless its say a GCS after the Lombard bid

Spot on, especially when you consider most clubs are moving away from three true tall forwards. Hypothetically, if Mills was playing against us, he would have no problem taking on Logan.

100 goals between 3 KPF, who all get games and who were hardly ever injured.

It's poor, no matter what your loyalties are

Yep only other club i would consider is maybe Collingwood trading into the first round and maybe getting a flurry of picks out of them e.g. 3 seconds what split across this current draft and future draft but yea not many clubs would want to be trading into the first round unless its say a GCS after the Lombard bid
There is a rumour floating around on their board about this - eg. our 2 picks for their F1 and presumably some other picks

Whether there's anything to it? It's BF!

100 goals between 3 KPF, who all get games and who were hardly ever injured.

It's poor, no matter what your loyalties are
Why? Just because history or media nuffies say so?
Maybe them doing what they are doing is why we were the highest scoring team this year and allows our smalls and midfielders to do their thing.

Speed and elite footskills
Although of course there's no point having speed if you can't use it, so endurance is important too...
murmurs of agreement
But then you also need to be able to hang onto the ball after using those elite footskills, so they better be able to mark.
more murmurs of agreement
And then it goes without saying that you can't use any of the above if you don't have the ball in the first place so they need to have a strong contested game...
further murmurs of agreement

1726101468176.jpeg
"all right, but apart from endurance, marking, elite footskills and ball winning abilities, we all agree that speed is the most important attribute"

from the back of the forum "what about durability?"

I would think Parker would be more likely to stay rather than go and play for a cellar dweller
Depends if we win or not. If we do, Parker might feel like it’s mission accomplished at the Swans and he can move on to a battling club with a new goal in mind.

I’m sure Parker is bullish about the game plan moving forward and players like Wicks and Cleary just have more zip to offer.

The fact of the matter is that he wants to stay in the show and the top performing clubs don’t necessarily have a spot for Parker available.

It also might not be North Melbourne, a club like Essendon might want a proven leader that does the little things off the ball well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back