Mega Thread Official Thread: Melbourne Coach 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brian Royal to Coach Demons

they need to make an aggressive play for Roos or Malthouse with offers they can't refuse. **** Scully. The club has handled this situation poorly, should have come out ages ago and said we are not doing any goddam interviews about Scully, stuck firm with the offer and said if you want it take it if not **** off then Schwabb comes out going oh oh we can offer Scully a million if we want. Show some bloody mongrel. Christ i've seen more spine in jellyfish.

That's a good point. We would be far better off giving Scully a very modest offer and putting all that money into securing a good coaching team. Our coaching stocks are far worse off than our player stocks.

Re: Melbourne Coach 2012

Right *cracks knuckles*

I am a putrid judge. I am happy to admit it. I believe you, however, may have some admissions of your own to make. As a special treat, I'll dredge through both our histories to see who is the worse judge.

The first thing I ever posted on bigfooty was an MS Paint comic about how useless Bailey was.

Almost exactly a month ago I said: "I'd still be happier if we had a new coach next season, because I don't think Bailey has the tactical nous to take us forward."

The next week I said DB has shown no discernible tactical or strategic skills and that the club cannot possibly have much confidence left in Bailey.

I suggested that when you can only afford to pay peanuts for coaches, you get a set of monkeys, rather than the best coaches available.

In the last week I've realised there really aren't as many coaching options as we thought there would be. In fact, there's really only one or two, and none that I'd be very enthusiastic about. In this case, with no one else really putting their hands up, it would be acceptable for Bailey to get one more year, and one more year only, to prove he's the best man for the job. I have also said it would NOT be acceptable to change coaches for the sake of changing coaches.

That is the totality of my opinions expressed about Dean Bailey's position as coach of the Melbourne Football Club. I have made other comments in reference to things he's said that have been taken out of context by the media, but that was debating other topics, and nothing to do with his position as coach.

Now let's have a look at your posting history:
Your first post was to say you didn't believe David Hale would offer anything this year.

Your fifth post was to say this about the Scully re-signing saga on the 7th of February: "storm in a teacup, iv been reading this crap on d,land for days,i think alot of people are bagging his integrity,hes a quality young demon, who will be with us for years."

Exactly a week later you said:
and

You predicted Lynden Dunn would be a "massive part of our side" and would kick 33 goals this year. You also announced you had put $250 on Essendon AND the Brisbane Lions to win the Wooden Spoon.

You crowned Nathan Jones the worst midfielder in the AFL, then announced he will be traded at the end of the year.

In April you suggested that 10.5 wins was a pass mark for Bailey, you don't want him to fail and you do not "dispise" him (less than a month later, however, you announced "im not going to watch them play again until that mother ****ers fired.anyone that defends bailey is a ****ing loser. "). You also said that if we finished the year with 10 wins or more, you would shout him 24 hours at the Daily Plant. You labelled the decision to sub Watts off during the GC game the "worst move that fools done in 4yrs in coaching". He subsequently started a run of 8 odd weeks which showed his class as a number one draft pick.

You had just one word for Austin Wonnaeamirri when he temporarily returned home after his father and mentor died: delist.

You declared the lowest a club could possibly ever go was to have "Fragile" photoshopped onto its jumper in the Herald Sun.

You predicted the football club would be $6 million in debt unless they sacked Dean Bailey.

In one day you stated various members of this board were: a pathetic pretender, gutless and a troll, a toddler, an ignorant moron, a squib and a primary schooler, a moronic dead shit brain fart and a ****ing peabrain. Then, when BigSexc posted possibly the most worthwhile thing I've seen from him in all of my (admittedly short) time here and was then red carded for an unrelated incident, you had the sheer cheek to say this:

You asked us to bookmark the fact that D Thomas is GWS' star midfielder, despite the fact you're certain Scully is going too.

Despite Sam Blease only playing 12 games in the VFL, you said that after seeing him play 20 games thought he was a waste of talent. This is after you declared you thought Blease was a good prospect.

You declared Matthew Richardson a lemon.

After stating on the 10th of June that Scully hadn't signed anything but would at the end of the year, you decided on the 5th of July that he'd signed it after the trip to China in 2010.

You declared that the club would lose 6000 members if Dean Bailey coached next year, despite membership rising 30% since he'd taken over the club. It was subsequently revised upwards to 10,000.

You decried anyone who thought that 10 wins was a pass mark for the year, despite your earlier claims.

You've numerously referred to a song by Hunters and Collectors which does not exist. The title of the song is "When the River Runs Dry" and it's a song about environmental destruction, not people with rational views on football.

Now that our views expressed on these boards have been detailled, I'd like you to think a few things over. Who has been more consistant in the judgements? Who has been more logical? Who has kept their emotions in check?

If you truly believe I contribute less to these boards than you do, I invite you to open up a thread in Hell and put it to the people in a poll.

Good luck to you jtr. May this be the post that improves you posting.

Possibly the most impressive spray I've ever read on an internet formum. Looking forward to JTR's response! Well played sir.

Now who's the fking idiot. Bailey the greatest coaching disaster of all time should be ****ed off imediately. If Royal is our next coach or Bailey keeps his job I want an AGM, I want them all gone.

It's Viney or AGM. BRING BACK GUTNICK! I love Stynes but he's too nice for this job. We need a head kicker and we need one now. We are an embarrassment to the AFL and we stink of Fremantle, nomads and VFL hacks.
after todays' effort I doubt Jimmy will be too nice......

It cant and It wont be ignored I feel...as for Royal if you chose to sack the coach this -close to the seasons end, one of the assitance HAS to take over but doesnt mean he will get the gig

after todays' effort I doubt Jimmy will be too nice......

It cant and It wont be ignored I feel...as for Royal if you chose to sack the coach this -close to the seasons end, one of the assitance HAS to take over but doesnt mean he will get the gig
The more I've calmed down the more sense I see in Royal getting the job. He will be our Riley and if gets the job in the short term future couldn't possibly do anything in 5 weeks and will be sacked at the end of the year with no chance of going back to his old assistant job. He will just get the token short list candidate for job with no real chance of getting the job.

Viney is there for the long term so that could be the reason why they won't give it to him.

I just want to know why Lyon chose Bailey as coach, he refuses to go into detail, I would like to know why? Lyon is the man I blame for the position that we are in, I have been saying since day 1 that Bailey was always the wrong man for the job and Lyon was the main man who put him there.

TIME TO CONFESS GARRY!

They have to go for either Malthouse, Roos, Neeld or Watters (Collingwood assistants). They have to say no to failures like Eade and Craig.

Royal is a spud. Was a shocking assistant at Richmond.
Dees would be much better getting someone who can take the club forward. There would be plenty of coaches in line who would love to get their hands on your list, which I think is very decent.
You could do much worse than Brendan McCartney. Will be a very, very good coach if given the opportunity.
Just hope to god for your sake you don't choose Royal.

Re: Melbourne Coach 2012

Would happily welcome Terry Wallace into the coach's seat at the moment. What a f@cking joke

not even as a joke. don't ever say that. the fact that we have Royal on our panel speaks volumes as he was also part of the Wallace 5 year rape charge at the tiges.

The more I've calmed down the more sense I see in Royal getting the job. He will be our Riley and if gets the job in the short term future couldn't possibly do anything in 5 weeks and will be sacked at the end of the year with no chance of going back to his old assistant job. He will just get the token short list candidate for job with no real chance of getting the job.

I like the thinking. Maybe we can make some lemonade out of today's lemons. The coaching change can't just stop at Bailey - the assistants have to shoulder a fair portion of the blame.

This is probably a good time to review the entire football department from top down before we waste whatever good work has been done over the last couple of years.

Royal has that stink of Footscray near enough but never good enough failure about him, typical of that club.

Go for a winner. Can't afford some cheap prick anymore, go for it demons.
We're talking about the last 5 rounds here. Nothing significant can be achieved. Whoever takes over will bear some resentment from certain fields for shafting Bailey but a lot of faith from most others. But there isn't a candidate amognst our assistants who is a realistic shot at the top job. Experienced coach or successful senior assistant will be the aim for the senior job once (not if anymore) Bailey goe.s

Baileys the worst coach Ive ever seen in the AFL.

Good job to the panel that hired him, ****ing idiots.

Royal has that stink of Footscray near enough but never good enough failure about him, typical of that club.

This. That's if you do change coaches though. Some of the cooler heads around here should be listened to. Emotionally driven decisions, made in the heat of the moment, often turn out not so well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frustrates me when people use the '4th year' line BC.

I understand your point, but to be fair to Bailey he speant the first 2 (if not 3) years regenerating an entire list. Now he's got a bunch of kids to work with and surely you werent expecting not to have a few bad losses along the way?

(..ok today was extreme, but still)
I totally agree, and I expected (and understood) the bad losses we've had this year, thus far.

Today was no simply bad loss however.

It was an obliteration, and the final straw for me.

we got flogged yesterday. they flogged us and then flogged us and then continued to flog us, at their leisure, until the final siren.
You cant take a beating like that and not expect heads to roll.
To paraphrase kirk douglas in paths of glory, 'its obvious heads have to roll, the only question is whose. The logical answer is the man most responsible for the team'. Thats Bailey.
Choco gets the guernsey til the end of the season.
Then God knows whats going to happen but whatever does happen will reflect the quality of the board.

Choco gets the guernsey til the end of the season.
Then God knows whats going to happen but whatever does happen will reflect the quality of the board.

If Choco does well in the few games remaining, would the club be likely to keep him on in the opinion of Demon supporters?

If Choco does well in the few games remaining, would the club be likely to keep him on in the opinion of Demon supporters?

If they do they will need to cope with loss of thousands of members. When was the last time the dees had a coach with previous senior coaching experience? It's a sick joke...

Completely disagree.... Royal's doggies were never close to near good enough... the stench of failure is strong in this one

they were talking about him being the next senior coach like 12 years ago... there is a reason he was over looked then.... surprised he is still hanging around now.

Connolly for the short term fix and then bust your gut trying to get Malthouse.

Is it true that Bailey got the job because of a very good presentation on computer? We have to question the board in giving this guy the job in the first place! I love my football and I had never heard of him before he was a candidate in our coaching job.

I can't see Dean getting past Monday tbh. But i am really nervous that if we can't secure one of these high profile coaches, the board will ultimately employ another dud to coach our club! Yes, I want Bailey gone, but the next step is one of the most crucial in the clubs history! Have we got the right board in place to make the right decisions? As much as I love Jimmy, is he fit enough to be making the right decisions? Is Schwab the right man for the job? Don McLardy? He seems to be the man leading the club behind the scene. Does he know much about football? Geez they have a big job on there hands right now. Really nervous about this board making the right decisions from here on....

yes it is, the last round was a power point presentation about the future

it was reported widely that it came down to dean bailey, kevin sheedy, damien harwick guy mckenna and chris scott at the end

damien harwick was the front runner, but completely stuffed his presentation

kevin sheedy refused to do one, basically saying look at what i did with the baby bombers, i dont need a computer presentation

dean bailey then romped to the front with his 'computer' presentation

you know what he said to the board....

SIMON BUCKLEY- will be the next shaune burgouyne... he then delisted him...

he also said that

Lynden Dunn- will be the next chad cornes.. and the idiots fell for it

damien hardwick missed out on the job because he stuffed his computer presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back