Oficial: 3 Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. If they knew he was going to be delisted, they should have just accepted the trade for pick 56. On the upside, he is a possibility to get picked up by the Bulldogs suppose, which means Brennan could fall to us. Doubtful though.

Why? We wont use pick 56 so why bother trading him rather than put him in the PSD and hope another player falls to us?

I feel sorry for Jonno more than Kepler.
But it's a business,and looks like Knights is keen to do something with the club.
And hopefully Dyson has a good season in 08 :thumbsu:

M.J was a gun in his prime :thumbsu:
I wish him all the best in whatever the future brings him.

GO DONS 08.

fantastic career MJ, will really miss him. i will remember his great grabs, fearless attack at the footy, and never backing down. essendon through and through. it sucks that he couldnt have gone out on his terms, but right choice moving forward.

as for kepler, woulda, coulda, shoulda. he may come back to bite us in the ass, but i doubt it. i read a thing from the age from when he was drafted the other day, had massive wraps but never deliverd. all the talk about offering him a new deal... would he have even taken it? i think he was keen to go home regardless of what we put on the table.
Exactly, there was absolutely 0 chance of him going otherwise.

**** me, keep Dyson, lose Keps.

I know, I know, the club know better then me, but #%%&

Both as bad as each other, at least Dyson potentially can improve. Keps is uncoordinated and is just not a AFL footballer!

Maybe they just looked at Keps and saw that he was limited in the position he can play. He is pretty much stuck as a forward now. He will probably make a good forward for someone else. I always thought he would make it as a forward but to be honest im not overly concerned about losing him.
The other thing is they may think that they can not correct the flaws in his kicking. They worked on his action all year but it never really looked confortable.

**** me, keep Dyson, lose Keps.

I know, I know, the club know better then me, but #%%&

Well if keeping Dyson is the worst mistake we make it is not too bad.

All the best to MJ quality in his days, straight hard lines that he use to run was something most footballers struggle with. It just came second nature to him.

Johns still on the list?

Huge news. I will miss Johnno and wish him all the best for his future. Have been a long time fan and it is sad to see such a great player for the club depart, but fully appreciate what he has done over his career, and can't be happier to have watched him play his hard attacking footy week in/week out.

Johnno you champ!

I am totally pissed that Johnno has been delisted:thumbsdown:

I hope wherever he goes he dominates

Thanks for the blood you spilt for the Bombers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am totally pissed that Johnno has been delisted:thumbsdown:

I hope wherever he goes he dominates

Thanks for the blood you spilt for the Bombers

So you where pretty happy watching him him trailing along 5 meters behind his opponent all year. Seriously he played half a good game for the whole season.
He has been fantastic for us but he is not quick enough for AFL any more.

excellent knights

excellent

about ****ing time we stop waiting

only thing is we should of offloaded dyson for something decent if we could but if we couldnt, im not fussed hes strill here - has a chance

keps could be a decent forward, but thats the BEST HELL EVER BE
the fact is he cant ****ing kick for shit, unless u count 50 metres high BOMB that go 20 metres (i.e. his attemtepd spears) he caused more havoc then anything

he wont be a big loss at all, and the best part of all these delistings, is that we HAVE TO PLAY YOUTH< the same youth that havent been given 49 games to prove something, the same youth that have been waiting while this no6 picked did nothing

lets move forward

ps - JOHNSON YOU STAR, congrats on a great career

and mckinnon - bad luck...melb high pride

Exactly what we needed no doubt! A new coach who will not play favourites unlike Sheedy. Most of us said it during the season that Mark Johnson was finished & he is gone at season's end. Kepler & Lachlan are no surprise delistees. All the best Johno! Ya have been a great player for us with your 2000 premiership medallion & 2002 Crichton medal. The 3 arent apart of our future.

Always had a soft spot for Kepler so it's tough but these decisions must be made.

I just hope we can get someone decent in to take his spot and not just delist for the sake of it.

If there is noone else decent we might redraft him if we have room. Maybe this is scare tactic but you would think Freo will grab him if they can.

Shattered MJ got axed if we brawl now who will fly the flag. Shoulda kept him as a Forward Pocket

He is too slow nowadays, and how many damn forward pockets do we want!

As for Keps..everyone repeat..

"Hale Haleleja":D

The right decisions by the club. None of those players will ever help make us a top side again. There is not a chance in hell we will ever regret getting rid of Bradley. As others on here have said his kicking was just woeful, never good enough for a midfielder or forward. He had a dig at Sheeds at the Crichton for trying to turn him into a defender, but that was his only hope. Even he admitted he was crap at it.

To me, Sheeds' ego would not allow him to dump high draft pick flops earlier than they should have e.g Bolton, Bradley and even McAlister, Harvey etc stayed a year longer than they should have. It was clear at the end of '06 that Bradley's time was up. Unfortunately did nothing this season to change that opinion incl Bendigo B&F.

We've now got Ryder quite a few talls and now need him less than we did a few years ago.

MJ, he's clearly been struggling and no option but to delist. Top career, a player who gave his all. Can't ask for much more.

I'm a bit surprised JJ has survived another year. Maybe he has a year to go on contract??? His poor disposal hurt us a few times this season. Dyson has more upside than JJ.

McKinnon no surprise. But I really hope Ryder starts to play in the ruck in the next couple of seasons. Just seems a natural for that position.

I don't understand the Bradley situation.
Essendon and Fremantle were trying to do a trade for him, and it fell over before the 2pm deadline, and then Essendon delist him 3 days later. Why not just trade him to Fremantle and at least get something for him.

We wouldn't have used the pick that we were getting for Bradley in a thin draft, so we were giving him to Freo anyway. This way at least it is forcing Freo to use their PSD pick on him.

I don't understand the Bradley situation.
Essendon and Fremantle were trying to do a trade for him, and it fell over before the 2pm deadline, and then Essendon delist him 3 days later. Why not just trade him to Fremantle and at least get something for him.

In the end we couldn't get anything that we would actually use, and ran out of time to do the honourable thing.

The club may have been hanging on to the glimmer of hope that he would actually stay as well.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mark Johnson for his loyal service to the Essendon football club. Winner of the 2002 b&f at the greatest club in the land and a premiership medal which noone can ever take off him.

He won't be remembered as a champion or a great of the club, but he was a very fine footballer, and in the end, deserved to get to 200, which unfortunately didn't happen.

Thanks again MJ and I wish you well in your future endeavours, whether they be football related or otherwise. I'd like to see him playing AFL again next year.

I strongly believe he'd be playing for us in 2008, if we didn't stuff up by giving Jason Johnson a 2 year contract. I still think he has a bit more to offer.

To Kepler Bradley..........about f#$@ing time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oficial: 3 Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back