Oh My God It Cant Be True? Can It

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Just saw on wwe.com that the greatest wrestler of all time, Bret Hart is at WWE headquarters for a meeting, him coming back would be the greatest thing ever but after 100 false rumours all over the place, including the new way wwe.com is running, I aint getting to hopeful, but maybe, just maybe the day has come that they will make up

The web page said it was a meeting for a possible release of a DVD.

Will Brett "The Hitman" Hart make a comeback to the ring. I read somewhere that he suffered a stroke, so he may be able to compete.

Was reading that this morning but it seems like it is only for a DVD and the main rumour I saw was that he might make a miny appearance next year before being inducted into the Hall of Fame.

So if a DVD is coming out, then now doubt the WWE will get the HITMAN on WWE TV and flog the guts out of it. But what I want to know is will Bret and Vinnie Mac have a confrontation. They have not seen eye to eye after the 'Bret got screwed' incident. Should be interesting!

080505.jpg

It is still sad to think one of the best wrestlers of all time had his career ended by the biggest wrestling imposter of all time in Bill Godberg. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO Brett Hart is a sook. Wrestling is fake with the results pre determined. He must be stupid if he thought Vince would allow him to defect to WCW with the WWF Championship belt after what happened with the womens championship belt
I am sick of his whining about it - Get over it Brett

Ummm, he was still under contract for nearly another month. He could go on WCW Television the next night, he couldnt go on WCW TV for about a month after the Survivor Series, plenty of time for him to lose the belt, but Vince wanted to be an arseh*le

Shawn Michaels 'lost his smile' instead of dropping the title to Bret, but you dont see people calling him a sook

The Bret Hart screwjob has been discussed a million times so Im not going to go into detail now.

All I will say is that the documentary "Wrestling With Shadows" is a must watch for not just wrestling fans but anyone in general. Captures the whole thing brilliantly.

If you want a version which is a little more WWE friendly than they did do a segment about it which is avaiable on the best of Confidential Volume 1 DVD which gives you a bit mire insight from their perspective.

eddiesmith said:
Ummm, he was still under contract for nearly another month. He could go on WCW Television the next night, he couldnt go on WCW TV for about a month after the Survivor Series, plenty of time for him to lose the belt, but Vince wanted to be an arseh*le
Vince didn't screw Bret because he wanted to be an "arseh*le". In fact, I don't think, throughout the entire story, that Vince acted like an "arseh*le". You are right in saying Bret couldn't appear on WCW television for a month. But that wouldn't, and didn't, stop Eric Bischoff from announcing his signing on the very next show. Vince couldn't have that. Having your current champion announced as a "WCW guy" is absurd, and would not benefit Vince McMahon at all.

If anyone is to be called an "arseh*le" then it is the hitman himself. Here you have a situation. In short, A wrestler is going to an opposition company, but still has the belt...what is the logical rectification? that the wrester loses the belt. When was the next WCW show? Monday night. When was the next PPV for WWF? Sunday night. anybody could tell you, wrestling fan or not, that the logical conclusion is to have the wrestler lose the belt at the PPV before WCW Nitro. Simple. Done. Easy as that. .......Oh wait? the wrester refuses to lose the belt? even though he is going to another company? Ther lies the problem. It wasn't Vince's fault. It was Bret's fault. Bret could have simply said yes...I'll lose the belt. But he didn't. So he got his just deserves.

He didnt want to lose the belt to Shawn, just like Shawn wouldnt lose to him. But no one attacks Shawn. Maybe Bret should have walked out and said he lost his smile?

And Vince is the arseh*le in the whole deal, he signed a contract and then 1 year later fired Bret. If he didnt fire him, then this would never have occured

eddiesmith said:
He didnt want to lose the belt to Shawn, just like Shawn wouldnt lose to him. But no one attacks Shawn. Maybe Bret should have walked out and said he lost his smile?

And Vince is the arseh*le in the whole deal, he signed a contract and then 1 year later fired Bret. If he didnt fire him, then this would never have occured
I understand, in a normal situation, why Bret Hart wouldn't want to lose the Title to HBK in his own country. But this was not a normal situation. Bret was leaving the WWF. He was defecting to WCW. For him to sign a WCW contract and then refuse to lose the title is just plain selfish.

Oh and while you're at it, dude, get your facts right about the whole situation. Vince did not fire Bret Hart.

Stegelator said:
I understand, in a normal situation, why Bret Hart wouldn't want to lose the Title to HBK in his own country. But this was not a normal situation. Bret was leaving the WWF. He was defecting to WCW. For him to sign a WCW contract and then refuse to lose the title is just plain selfish.

Well he did have the "reasonable creative control" clause in his contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh My God It Cant Be True? Can It

Remove this Banner Ad

Back