OK, What's your FAVOURITE bit of SIGNED footy memorabilia?

Remove this Banner Ad

From a few different eras......

A signed photograph taken at the 1973 Royal Adelaide Show of my sister and myself standing between Malcolm Blight and Russell Ebert presenting the 2 of us with the old State Bank of SA show bags........got to love the clothing and side burns people had back in those days......

Also have one of those brown plastic footies the school kids used to kick into the crowd on SANFL preliminary final day signed by most of the players in Port magpies premiership sides in 1979-1981......

One of Gavin Wanganeen's No 1 guersey's from 1997 with his signature on the front and the rest of the squads signatures on the back......

But my most precious football memorabillia is 2 gold fob watches that were presented to my grandfather for life membership of the SANFL and captaining West Adelaide football club........he played from 1925-1934 and represented the state side in 4 games during 1933-1934 including a win against the Vics in 1934.

although i dont really rate it, it might be worth something. have a native brand football, signed by the entire inaugural WCE team.

its still in pretty good nick, ie: few scratches. if anyone wants to swap it for some saints mem I would love to hear from them
otherwise i guess ill give it to the dog.

Originally posted by Gonadman
although i dont really rate it, it might be worth something. have a native brand football, signed by the entire inaugural WCE team.

its still in pretty good nick, ie: few scratches. if anyone wants to swap it for some saints mem I would love to hear from them
otherwise i guess ill give it to the dog.

Woof?

Please? :p

I have two blockmounted Grandfinal ( 97 & 98 ) posters with personal messages from Mark Bickley

I also have Nigel Smarts 200 away guernsey with his autograph

A coverband i was playing drums with at the time was gigging at the Red Back in North Melbourne on the Sunday night after we won the 99 flag. Every premiership player from that year was there and i got them all to sign my snare head (top skin, or the bit you hit in other words). A unique piece of memorabilia i'd presume, and one which currently takes pride of place in my 96 and 99 premiership shrine.

And even though i'm not a Richmond fan, my dear old Nana was while she was alive and i have a gorgeous framed signed pic from the 70's of her with Captain Blood on one side and KB on the other.

Originally posted by mighty mick
my nzi north jumper signed by arnold briedas when i bought it and the 1996---99 various team members from both grand finals.

Geez, I hope he didn't sign it they way you spelt it! Although, would be a very special piece of memorabilia being signed by the GREAT MAN and all...

My best piece of footy memorabilia is a 1999 WEG poster with the signatures of Mick Martyn, Leigh Colbert, Jason McCartney and Wayne Carey. That reminds me that I have been meaning to get it framed, it's just blu-tacked onto my wall at the moment:eek:

I've got a Brisbane Lions jumper signed by the 2002 premiership team.

But even better, is a Centenary Edition Sherrin, signed by the following Fitzroy players (and coaches):

Kevin Murray
Bernie Quinlan
Bill Stephen
John Murphy
Michael Conlan
Richard Osborne
Norm Brown
Laurie Serafini
Alastair Lynch
Chris Johnson
Jarrod Molloy
David Parkin

And that list will grow over the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also have a Fitzroy scarf signed by Bernie Quinlan & some of the players from their last game at Subi.

How much are Roys people willing to offer for it. :D

Schwatta's NZI 1996 Grand final training jumper that he gave to me which is signed. Gave it to me before he moved to sydney, gotta love it even more today.
I also have Jess Sinclair's guernsey from the round 16 game against the bombers(he starred that day) ohhhh and a pic of Shannon grant that a love heaps.

Originally posted by mantis
I also have a Fitzroy scarf signed by Bernie Quinlan & some of the players from their last game at Subi.

How much are Roys people willing to offer for it. :D

Do you have a ball-park figure?

Although it wouldn't be too hard to get a scarf like that done up, the authenticity factor (being that it was signed at the time when it was), increases my interest . . .

this is an easy question. My skanky looking tshirt which i got scotty cummings to sign last year after me and some mates bumped into him in the Paramount in northbridge. I was trashed, he was trashed, and he wrote a totally illegible paragraph on the back of the shirt, which i've never been able to decipher, but it does end with xxx cummo.

Originally posted by BrainOfMorbius
How could you tell?

Good point! Suffice to say he was incoherent even by the not so lofty standards of messr cummings.

Originally posted by Stocka

Do you have a ball-park figure?

Although it wouldn't be too hard to get a scarf like that done up, the authenticity factor (being that it was signed at the time when it was), increases my interest . . .

I will rummage through my boxes to find it & have a look at who's signatures are actually on it, I know Boyd was one, not sure if some of them wrote about it being the last game or not, I will get back to you.

Spidey u and that bloody Spidas sock. grrrrrrrrr I remember the day u got it
Ok mine has to be

a photo of Nick Davis when he was 3 year old with his dad holding a collinwood jumper that was given to Prince William. Yes and Nicky did sign it for me

a Photo of Tony Shaw hoding the 1990 cup, signed by Tony Shae

and a team photo framed and signed by all the 1990 GF team including Darren Millane

I have the match footy of one of Port Adelaide's last games before moving to the AFL signed by the team - stroke of luck getting that - but errant footy mad son took it to practice when he couldn't find the regualr sherrin. I Was not happy, but it survived. Shame about the son though.

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, What's your FAVOURITE bit of SIGNED footy memorabilia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back