OKFL - PRE Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The free kick count was definitely lopsided, but I don't think it was 24-6...
As a neutral I will say Tarra got a few soft ones, but a lot of the calls just seemed like 50-50s - sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't. For the most part it seemed like the player getting to the ball first was rewarded, hence Blacks seemed to get a few more in the last quarter.
Overall, they could have let it go a bit more often, but certainly not the worst umpiring I've seen.

We were our own worst enemy for a whlie in the 3rd qtr but that stemmed from frustration I think. Like most clubs we feel that the 50-50 calls go against us a lot more often than they go for us......As you said Nonch, probably better off letting them go altogether rather than paying them, which I thought most umpires had been doing pretty well so far this year........

24 to 6 wasn't far off the mark either......

Anyone know why there's no inter league game this year......The league were saying it was something beyond their control ???

Couldn't find a league to play against. They had one, then they didn't, then they found another one, then they couldn't play them.... Something like that, then all the flooding earlier this year affected quite a few clubs/leagues which put a few of them back in the financial stakes. Apparently running interleague costs a packet to run.

Couldn't find a league to play against. They had one, then they didn't, then they found another one, then they couldn't play them.... Something like that, then all the flooding earlier this year affected quite a few clubs/leagues which put a few of them back in the financial stakes. Apparently running interleague costs a packet to run.

Thanks NAL, I'm told it costs about 15k to do it....I suppose that poses the question is it worth it and does it achieve anything..??

So with no interleauge, do the clubs get a refund on their league costs??

EB your boundless humour amazes me.....By the way I notice the "Great Man" has been missing off the team sheets for the last couple of games.....is he away at a super hero conference or something ????? or even Pakistan perhaps....

EB your boundless humour amazes me.....By the way I notice the "Great Man" has been missing off the team sheets for the last couple of games.....is he away at a super hero conference or something ????? or even Pakistan perhaps....

Something like that - hurt his ankle in Rd 3 - is (at best) another month away.

always good to bring back dowling. was meant to occur last week against whorally but there was issues contacting the club down melbourne for his clearance saturday.

desperately missing the great wonder of a man down in the twos. our centrefield is lost without him. cant wait to have you back with us asap eb. :)

tatong shouldnt be too much of a issue for either side this week i dont think? unless iv missed something recently?

other tips are

doon over valley by 5
milawa over moyhu at home by 3
glenny over swanpool by 7
tarra over bright by 13
benella over goora by 25
whor over north wang by 10

have a good weekend of footy boys!

always good to bring back dowling. was meant to occur last week against whorally but there was issues contacting the club down melbourne for his clearance saturday.

desperately missing the great wonder of a man down in the twos. our centrefield is lost without him. cant wait to have you back with us asap eb. :)

tatong shouldnt be too much of a issue for either side this week i dont think? unless iv missed something recently?

other tips are

doon over valley by 5
milawa over moyhu at home by 3
glenny over swanpool by 7
tarra over bright by 13
benella over goora by 25
whor over north wang by 10

have a good weekend of footy boys!

KV over Doon by 8pts
Milawa over Moyhu 8gls
G/rowan over swannie 8gls
Tarra over Bright 15gls
Benalla over G/bat......Needs to be by a real lot
Whorouly over Nth wang 15 gls
Greta over Tatong 8gls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, KV were hard to shake off when we played them and Doon aren't really tracking that well at the mo. The addition of Prim into KV's mid field will also strengthen them.....A close one but yeah, but KV for my money..

should be a good one then. always harder travelling over to doon though.

yeah, KV were hard to shake off when we played them and Doon aren't really tracking that well at the mo. The addition of Prim into KV's mid field will also strengthen them.....A close one but yeah, but KV for my money..

Pretty sure Prim's actually out this week slim, plus a few handy additions for Doon tips the balance in their favour I reckon.

Tipped Milawa, but I reckon Moyhu could get close...

Pretty sure Prim's actually out this week slim, plus a few handy additions for Doon tips the balance in their favour I reckon.
Tipped Milawa, but I reckon Moyhu could get close...

A bit like yourself Nonch, sometimes we make presumptions and assumptions before we write/post:thumbsu:.

By the way, have you settled in at Woppa's.:D:D:D

Well you were right about the Roos slim, even without Prim. Cooksey said stopping Sesso would be the key, but obviously the Roos are working hard to ensure they have other options, given he was kept to one goal.

Was out at Milawa today - lot to like about the Hoppers. Their forward line didn't function all that well, but their midfield was excellent. N Waite is an out and out gun (Benny's ok too;)). Matt Wilson clearly a better player than his older brother who was once again content to just snare a couple of cheapies.

Overall neither side played their best footy, and Milawa probably has a fair bit more upside, but the Hoppers will definitely be top four and a chance for the flag (unless this was just an aberration, and there's every chance it was...)

Well you were right about the Roos slim, even without Prim. Cooksey said stopping Sesso would be the key, but obviously the Roos are working hard to ensure they have other options, given he was kept to one goal.

Was out at Milawa today - lot to like about the Hoppers. Their forward line didn't function all that well, but their midfield was excellent. N Waite is an out and out gun (Benny's ok too;)). Matt Wilson clearly a better player than his older brother who was once again content to just snare a couple of cheapies.

Overall neither side played their best footy, and Milawa probably has a fair bit more upside, but the Hoppers will definitely be top four and a chance for the flag (unless this was just an aberration, and there's every chance it was...)

They didnt get much of it against the blacks when we played didnt like it tuff. Matt wilson his a gun

Kudos to G/bat for yesterday, hard at it and at times used it far better than us. Hurt us a few times on turn overs. Game was played in temendous spirit as well. Probably still about 6 players short of playing finals but have come a fair way since last year.

Are Milawa struggling to get their mix right Nonch. Too many aces perhaps??

High scoring game out at Tatong too by the look of it.

JB were Nth Wang hard to shake off.????

Are Milawa struggling to get their mix right Nonch. Too many aces perhaps??

I don't think so, they just looked a bit flat and got outplayed in the middle yesterday. They didn't have a ruckman, so they had to work a bit harder to get their hands on it.

As for their forwards, I think as long as Lewis and Newton are healthy Sims won't play in future if he has the option - he'd rather coach from the sidelines. Also, if the ball had kept coming in like it was in the first quarter Lewis would have kicked a bag.

Their backs played well, particularly K Allan and Williamson, and Pell rucked after quarter time. In the end Moyhu just wanted it a bit more.

I don't think so, they just looked a bit flat and got outplayed in the middle yesterday. They didn't have a ruckman, so they had to work a bit harder to get their hands on it.

As for their forwards, I think as long as Lewis and Newton are healthy Sims won't play in future if he has the option - he'd rather coach from the sidelines. Also, if the ball had kept coming in like it was in the first quarter Lewis would have kicked a bag.

Their backs played well, particularly K Allan and Williamson, and Pell rucked after quarter time. In the end Moyhu just wanted it a bit more.

They woulda won if akermanis was playing no Aker no milawa they havent won a big game this year yet, they have only beat tarra and they are struggling

They woulda won if akermanis was playing no Aker no milawa they havent won a big game this year yet, they have only beat tarra and they are struggling

I suppose KIA that there's really only one big game they have to win and I reckon they'll be well in the mix to win that one.....

Haven't followed the O and K for while now, can anyone tell me how the traditional clubs in the league have embraced the BDFL clubs that crossed over?:confused: How have they found the travel and how have the BDFL clubs handled the rise in standard?:confused::confused::confused:

I suppose KIA that there's really only one big game they have to win and I reckon they'll be well in the mix to win that one.....

Well slim what happens if you dont make the finals or even better cant win a finals match.. whats the big one then??? if you fall under either of those 2 catergorys?:D:D

Been a bit quiet guys...

This week,

G?bat over Bright 5 pts
Greta over Nth Wang 30pts
Doon over Swannie 50pts
Tarra over G/rowan 40pts
Moyhu over Tatong 60 pts
Miawa over KV 45pts
Benalla over Whorouly 17pts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad