OKFL - PRE Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You blokes arnt as good as you obviously think!! A whole quarter with an extra man to only win by 7 points!!
i think you will find that a win is a win regardless of opinions.and seriously when r all blacks actually going to acknowledge that they can be beaten or pushed?everyweek they belt out the same excuses"we have injuries"well suck it up everyteam in australia has injuries"the umpires were against us all day"maybe if ur players shut their mouths and worried about playing the game they wouldnt piss off the umpires.after the tatong game u were going around saying that they flooded the ground?????i heard they only flooded u half of the ground!football is a two horse race any team can beat any team on their day so if u get beaten suck it up a worry about the next game instead of getting on here and posting ur crap.the last time i checked the friendlies oval wasnt the centre of the universe.:D:D:D
and p.s yous is not a word.

i think you will find that a win is a win regardless of opinions.and seriously when r all blacks actually going to acknowledge that they can be beaten or pushed?everyweek they belt out the same excuses"we have injuries"well suck it up everyteam in australia has injuries"the umpires were against us all day"maybe if ur players shut their mouths and worried about playing the game they wouldnt piss off the umpires.after the tatong game u were going around saying that they flooded the ground?????i heard they only flooded u half of the ground!football is a two horse race any team can beat any team on their day so if u get beaten suck it up a worry about the next game instead of getting on here and posting ur crap.the last time i checked the friendlies oval wasnt the centre of the universe.:D:D:D
and p.s yous is not a word.

Maybe if opposition teams didn't pay umpires they wouldnt winge you w***er.

Spot on BK!
What about 4th spot any thoughts?
Tarra play: Greta,Nth Wang,Benella
Whorouly: G'bat,Tatong,Greta
Greta: Tarra,G'Bat,Whorouly

I reckon there will be a hell of a lot hanging on rd 18 JB, your guys will be hoping that we beat Tarra, you'll be hoping Greta lose a couple as well. Tarra will be hoping to win all of their games...Harder to pick than a broken nose mate.....

Fourth spot is Whorouly's to lose JB.

As for the netball, Milawa has a chance of doing a clean sweep of all grades, but I'd probably favour your girls in the A grade TGN.

Whorouly 2s are looking like the side to beat. Not sure why a few of the boys are not playing 1s... Thoughts on league medals 1s,2s and 3rds??

I'm starting to think Scott Gardner will be right up there in the Baker Medal.

McGuire, Pell and Lewis will take a lot of votes, but Gardner has been brilliant lately, and he is the type of player who will get a lot of threes I reckon.

Jason Humphries is another who could well win it - think he's been best on for Greta five out of their last six.

Nathan Waite and Ryan Craig will be the leaders at Moyhu I'd say, and Richie Leahy and possibly Michael Nixon or Kieren Schulz will get a lot for Whorouly.

Don't think anyone from either Benalla or Tarra will win it.

I'm starting to think Scott Gardner will be right up there in the Baker Medal.

McGuire, Pell and Lewis will take a lot of votes, but Gardner has been brilliant lately, and he is the type of player who will get a lot of threes I reckon.

Jason Humphries is another who could well win it - think he's been best on for Greta five out of their last six.

Nathan Waite and Ryan Craig will be the leaders at Moyhu I'd say, and Richie Leahy and possibly Michael Nixon or Kieren Schulz will get a lot for Whorouly.

Don't think anyone from either Benalla or Tarra will win it.
From a Greta perspective, Humphries has definitely had a fantastic five or six weeks. This is certainly due to the improvement of Zac Cleeland at CHB and the additions of Scott Miller (recruited) and Chris Ziebell (return from injury last season) to the defence. This has freed Jack to play around the ground and has allowed him to move forward and chip in with some crucial goals.

As I said earlier in the season, I think Dan McLaughlin will definitely poll well in the first ten matches. His grunt work and standards in the middle of the ground are a fantastic example to the youngsters; Chris O'Connor, Chris Sherratt, Paul Fruzynski et al.
He is right under the umpire's noses and wins a lot of clearances and hard ball.

Just depends on if the umpires respect that highly, or prefer the running, goal-kicking half forward/wingman role. Time will tell.

Thoughts on:
- Benalla? (Slim)
- Tarra? (BK)
- Whorouly? (JB)
- Milawa? (Anyone willing to comment on this forum from The Sandpit)

Thoughts on:
- Benalla? (Slim)
- Tarra? (BK)
- Whorouly? (JB)
Tough run home TGN. Think nonch hit the nail on the head when he said fourth spot is Whorouly's to lose. We are expecting tough games from both Benalla and Greta in the upcoming weeks. Nth Wang pushed us last time, so we obviously can't take them lightly either (heard on the weekend that Darius has gone walkabout again, can anyone confirm/deny?)

Got a few minor injury concerns, and don't have the depth we have had over the last few years, but hopefully the full senior list will be right before finals. Will need to be on top of our game to keep forth spot. Very interesting few rounds to come!

Ok, I just wrote all that and then it clicked that you probably wanted my thoughts on our Baker Medal chances! :eek: Our main chances would probably be Belly, Chop or Barassi. Jaden Allan has enjoyed a very good year but not sure if he is the type of player that would attract too much attention from the umps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on:
- Benalla? (Slim)-
Tarra? (BK)
- Whorouly? (JB)

I reckon we've probably had a really good spread acrosss the board and with blokes missing games through injury I think our best chance would be Bully again,been consistent and hasn't missed any games, also Benny Kunkle at CHB has had a consistent run as well.

To go one step further tho I reckon we will have a pretty good shot in both the lower grades. Rhys Smith in the Ressies and Cody Taylor in the 3 rds...

I reckon we've probably had a really good spread acrosss the board and with blokes missing games through injury I think our best chance would be Bully again,been consistent and hasn't missed any games, also Benny Kunkle at CHB has had a consistent run as well.

To go one step further tho I reckon we will have a pretty good shot in both the lower grades. Rhys Smith in the Ressies and Cody Taylor in the 3 rds...

Slim I would think you will see a new record set in the 3rds by Cody! He will win by 30+ votes he's a great player!!

From a Greta perspective, Humphries has definitely had a fantastic five or six weeks. This is certainly due to the improvement of Zac Cleeland at CHB and the additions of Scott Miller (recruited) and Chris Ziebell (return from injury last season) to the defence. This has freed Jack to play around the ground and has allowed him to move forward and chip in with some crucial goals.

As I said earlier in the season, I think Dan McLaughlin will definitely poll well in the first ten matches. His grunt work and standards in the middle of the ground are a fantastic example to the youngsters; Chris O'Connor, Chris Sherratt, Paul Fruzynski et al.
He is right under the umpire's noses and wins a lot of clearances and hard ball.

Just depends on if the umpires respect that highly, or prefer the running, goal-kicking half forward/wingman role. Time will tell.

Thoughts on:
- Benalla? (Slim)
- Tarra? (BK)
- Whorouly? (JB)

From what i have seen for these 3 clubs.. Bully and webby will poll well.. Chopper and Frankie play well every week so could pinch a few votes.. Maguire in amongst it all the time not sure that hes milawas best player but.. lewis will have to get votes for kicking heaps of goals so he could also steal a few votes.. Not real sure on reserves depends on club umpires.. 3rds Codie taylor class above the rest..

Read in the border this morning that Rod Carmody resigned from his role as North east hub GM. Poor timing given the business end of the season is just around the corner!!

Anyone want to have a crack at picking the team of the year. really hard to do without being a bit biased.....Always good for healthy debate too.....Should please you BK...:thumbsu:

oh, and Nonch you're not allowed to get half a chubby and cut and paste the Milawa team as yours..
Off to think about mine now. I'll post it later....

Anyone want to have a crack at picking the team of the year. really hard to do without being a bit biased.....Always good for healthy debate too.....Should please you BK...:thumbsu:

oh, and Nonch you're not allowed to get half a chubby and cut and paste the Milawa team as yours..
Off to think about mine now. I'll post it later....

There's about 10min worth of thought gone into this, so there's bound to be players I've overlooked.

Apologies to those from sides I haven't seen play.

Here goes...

B: Aaron Vihm, Scott Pell, Jaimon McGeehan

HB: Ben Kunkel, Steve Williamson, Jason Humphries

C: Steve Nightingale, Dan McLaughlin, Ryan Craig

HF: Anthony McGuire, Anthony Welsh, Daniel Barassi

F: Duane Haebich, Richard Leahy, Daniel Lewis

Foll: Jamie Bell, Nathan Waite, Scott Gardner

Int: Ryan Kent, Alex Kellalea, Kieren Schulz

Fire away!

There's about 10min worth of thought gone into this, so there's bound to be players I've overlooked.

Apologies to those from sides I haven't seen play.

Here goes...

B: Aaron Vihm, Scott Pell, Jaimon McGeehan

HB: Ben Kunkel, Steve Williamson, Jason Humphries

C: Steve Nightingale, Dan McLaughlin, Ryan Craig

HF: Anthony McGuire, Anthony Welsh, Daniel Barassi

F: Duane Haebich, Richard Leahy, Daniel Lewis

Foll: Jamie Bell, Nathan Waite, Scott Gardner

Int: Ryan Kent, Alex Kellalea, Kieren Schulz

Fire away!

Coach ???

Not a bad side nonch, good to see Alex Kellalea in the team. I would probably try and sneak Darren Wheeler in their somewhere, either on the ball where he has been fantastic or in a forward pocket where he was very effective when he has been resting including a bag of nine. As far as Full Forwards go I obviously only get to see each one about once or twice a season but the bloke Belly from Greta was the hardest to play on this year, great mover and for a slight bloke he holds himself under the ball quite well. Some of the other dominant forwards like Brushy and Barassi are not your typical key forward sort of size and would be fine in a pocket or on a flank.

Not a bad side nonch, good to see Alex Kellalea in the team. I would probably try and sneak Darren Wheeler in their somewhere, either on the ball where he has been fantastic or in a forward pocket where he was very effective when he has been resting including a bag of nine. As far as Full Forwards go I obviously only get to see each one about once or twice a season but the bloke Belly from Greta was the hardest to play on this year, great mover and for a slight bloke he holds himself under the ball quite well. Some of the other dominant forwards like Brushy and Barassi are not your typical key forward sort of size and would be fine in a pocket or on a flank.

Cheers JAM, not having seen you guys this year I haven't seen Kellalea play, but Cooksey always raves about him, so I figure he should get in there.

Wheeler definitely wouldn't be out of place in the side, and I considered him, but didn't have a spot for him in the end.

The only spots that I wasn't completely sold on were the back pockets, but I feel Vihm has been one of the better rebounding defenders in the comp this year, and McGeehan has had a very good season too, even though he has played more forward/on ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back