OKFL - PRE Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit Bk that's gunna make Franky's job even harder.....Raz, Belly, Barassi doubtful, Chopper undecided......Big gaps.....
Mick Naish to North Wang. too...?...

Heard a couple of whispers from three different people, but also heard a strong denial from someone at the Dogs.

First I've heard of that TGN. Been kept pretty quiet if it is the case.
Might be completely wrong, but heard it from a couple of different people.

As I said, a strong denial coming from one Tarra player I know so we'll have to wait and see.

Just writing what I'm hearing. Will be interesting to see who Swanpool have signed for 2012. Any major plays SwanSong? ;)

As I said, a strong denial coming from one Tarra player I know so we'll have to wait and see.

Just writing what I'm hearing. Will be interesting to see who Swanpool have signed for 2012. Any major plays SwanSong? ;)

Steer must be one of the best recruiters going around!
Or is it the money that they are offering?
All well and good to offer the money but can you pay it......

Just skimming the TDFL board whilst eating lunch and I see "The Ladgroves" ??
are heading to Nth Wang as well.....Anyone know who they are.

If its the same ladgroves two brothers played at raiders last year in the o &m. And I think there is another brother as well. One was in and out of the seniors, Dan is his name I think.
Think they may have played at NW before and Wang magpies.

G bat are trying for a number or all blacks 3rds from last year and a few young kids from the reserves picking them up won't win you a flag but looking towards the future I imagine. So not sure how there recruiting is actually going with big name players..

Steer must be one of the best recruiters going around!
Or is it the money that they are offering?
All well and good to offer the money but can you pay it......
They seem to be borrowing tactics from Milawa. Obviously large amounts of money being splashed since they are getting players from rival clubs. Not that you'll hear any of them admitting they are going for the cash though. They'll say something like they are going to help a club that was previously struggling, blah blah blah.

G bat are trying for a number or all blacks 3rds from last year and a few young kids from the reserves picking them up won't win you a flag but looking towards the future I imagine. So not sure how there recruiting is actually going with big name players..

We go thru that crap every year KIA, I did hear that 8 or 9 of the 11 overage players had recomitted. Also with Tony Evan coaching the 2's this year will make it easier to hang on to them....As we all know in footy, " If you can't breed 'em, buy 'em "..... and that's what these clubs have to do to survive..

We go thru that crap every year KIA, I did hear that 8 or 9 of the 11 overage players had recomitted. Also with Tony Evan coaching the 2's this year will make it easier to hang on to them....As we all know in footy, " If you can't breed 'em, buy 'em "..... and that's what these clubs have to do to survive..

At least all the movements give us something to talk about on here!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swanpool look to be In deep deep trouble they will be worse than last year with what I have been told! King valley look to have poached a few milawa players heading over with young gun Tim Allan bit of a write up in today's border mail

Swanpool look to be In deep deep trouble they will be worse than last year with what I have been told! King valley look to have poached a few milawa players heading over with young gun Tim Allan bit of a write up in today's border mail

Tim Allan a "young gun"???? Didn't he play a fair bit of the season in the seconds at milawa?

Tim Allan a "young gun"???? Didn't he play a fair bit of the season in the seconds at His a good player and could of played seniors in most other sides! It's amazing how match payments effect a senior side when you have no injuries and blokes are getting paid stupid amounts how are young players who dont get paid suppose to play in the seniors??? .

Tim Allan a "young gun"???? Didn't he play a fair bit of the season in the seconds at His a good player and could of played seniors in most other sides! It's amazing how match payments effect a senior side when you have no injuries and blokes are getting paid stupid amounts how are young players who dont get paid suppose to play in the seniors??? .

I would have thought clubs would love to play kids in their seniors as it wouldn't cost the club as much week after week.
Payment wouldn't come into it when selecting a side. I could be wrong. You would think you would play your best side regardless of who gets paid what. I guess it's the coaches point of view who he thinks is upto playing seniors.
I see his brother Kris has also left milawa and will play down in Melbourne where he lives now.

I would have thought clubs would love to play kids in their seniors as it wouldn't cost the club as much week after week.
Payment wouldn't come into it when selecting a side. I could be wrong. You would think you would play your best side regardless of who gets paid what. I guess it's the coaches point of view who he thinks is upto playing seniors.
I see his brother Kris has also left milawa and will play down in Melbourne where he lives now.

Yes you would think that but it doesn't happen! People getting paid take priority it shouldn't be like that but it is. I think there dad was major sponsor of the demons to could be wrong but

Dockery to Rovers as well? Another big loss for The Blacks, Slim?
Tim The Hitman Schueremann looks well in the paper today? I would be making him run out to the Valley for training hoping he'd lose his 6 chins??

Tim The Hitman Schueremann looks well in the paper today? I would be making him run out to the Valley for training hoping he'd lose his 6 chins??

Wasn't the best picture of the big fella! Made Williams look small looks to have slimed down a fair bit

Brendan spoon smith to tatong along with mick donohue

Brendan spoon smith to tatong along with mick donohue

No Spoon is just having a run until we start

Originally Posted by bads

Having a run up there but not a done deal yet......If he chooses to go that way I can't see the club standing in his way, it's all about improvement, he's probably good enough...would love him to stay all the same...

We are pretty confident in signing Matty Levy in the next few days this would be a really good boost for our backline.
Apart from that our list should be very similar to last years as we believe with a solid pre season the boys are quite capable of a top 4 finish this season.

We are hoping come round 1 90% of the senior side will be able to take a chest mark and kick a drop punt thanks to our special skills training camp starting in Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back