OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone confirm for me the result of Practice matches, I heard a rumour that Swanpool may have beaten glenrown by 20 goals. Any other scores?

I was chatting to a bloke from Melb today and discussing the underage situation, he told me that his particular club get kids straight out of the local Aus kick and into a club based league U10 comp and go right through to U18's ( of which they have 2 teams in diff U18 divsions ) therefore they don't have the problem with kids leaviing football at the rates we are currently experiencing.

I realise that there are big population differences etc but it makes you think about whether or not footy nurseries ( stand alone junior comps ) are the way to go any more......I would be interested to hear anyones thoughts....Could this model be applied at a local level...:footy::footy::footy:

I was chatting to a bloke from Melb today and discussing the underage situation, he told me that his particular club get kids straight out of the local Aus kick and into a club based league U10 comp and go right through to U18's ( of which they have 2 teams in diff U18 divsions ) therefore they don't have the problem with kids leaviing football at the rates we are currently experiencing.

I realise that there are big population differences etc but it makes you think about whether or not footy nurseries ( stand alone junior comps ) are the way to go any more......I would be interested to hear anyones thoughts....Could this model be applied at a local level...:footy::footy::footy:

:thumbsdown: I guess been able to get to games and training in O&K would be bloody hard for kids as to jumping on your pushie and riding to a game in town:confused:

Can someone confirm for me the result of Practice matches, I heard a rumour that Swanpool may have beaten glenrown by 20 goals. Any other scores?

I also heard that swanpool won fairly easily. Was watching the Wang / yarra game before hand and didn't look like glenrowan had many players

Also heard Chris daws back to tarra

im not 100% sure how much it was, but we gave Glenrowan a fair hiding!! i dont think i have seen a more uncoordinated bunch as Glenrowan on Saturday!! they were terrible!! great confidence booster to play a side thats struggling more than us! Funky Pollard played really well on the wing, lot of run and possession, swifty went well and the likes of Cook, Dennis, Fingers and Lloyd up forward giving us a good target were the stand outs!!
bring on round 1 we r raring to go! i think we will improve and give the finals a shake this year!! the feeling around the club is good!

Have plenty of numbers shagga. 57 on the team list i think pidge and hilly were saying with maybe another couple of possible recruits hopefully signing this week. Had 20 there last night with 3 watching. Because we had a praccy match on sunday a few of the boys went to the pool after pulling up sore.

Have plenty of numbers shagga. 57 on the team list i think pidge and hilly were saying with maybe another couple of possible recruits hopefully signing this week. Had 20 there last night with 3 watching. Because we had a praccy match on sunday a few of the boys went to the pool after pulling up sore.

Thats good to hear Mate How do ya reckon yas will go this year??

I see the Blacks had another full page write up in the Chronicle about 1 player who is no good anyway.. Who writes this crap? Are they in bed with Blacks or what?
How about they put a real story in like our 20 goal demolition of Glenrowan or why we will be a massive threat this season!

I see the Blacks had another full page write up in the Chronicle about 1 player who is no good anyway.. Who writes this crap? Are they in bed with Blacks or what?
How about they put a real story in like our 20 goal demolition of Glenrowan or why we will be a massive threat this season!

There is usually a name just under the heading that will tell you who wrote it!

I see a lot of clearances being rejected by north wang!

Anyone be able to shed any light on why? Surely they all don't have jumpers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the sounds of it benalla saints are struggling big time. That could be a reason for the swap maybe

GIF, I've heard from an ex-player that communication from the committee is poor which has filtered down through to the players & they're voting with their feet as a consequence.

On our pre-season form, unlike 2010 Martinello would no longer be guaranteed a game in the seniors with the Blues given our midfield depth this year.

I hear on the grapevine that Brendan Fevola will STAY ON at Glenrowan all season.

Wants to test himself against GUNS :D
C8jnT.gif

Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League (MPNFL)Glenrowan Kelly Tigers Football & Netball ClubFevola, BrendanPending27/03/12 ???? is this a joke???

Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League (MPNFL)Glenrowan Kelly Tigers Football & Netball ClubFevola, BrendanPending27/03/12 ???? is this a joke???

Obviously has the same name Trot, poor bugger might cop a bit of flack if he plays up forward....:D:D:D...

And BK....c'mon no one's mentioned the great man for a while...:heart::D

Just having a look at some odds for the coming footy season and noticed that Brendan Fevola is a hot favourite to take out Glenrowan's B&F.

Also a good bet to win their goalkicking award... :D

Think about it Trotta...Fevola is suspended for 1 week and can't play for Yarra in their round 1 match!! Once he is cleared to a club he cannot get a clearance to another club for 28 days.
fevola is cleared to Glenrowan this week...he will serve his 1 match suspension this weekend when Glenrowan plays. He will then play for yarrawonga on permit in round 1 of Ovens and Murray over Easter. He will play on further permits before his 28 days are up and then glenrowan clears him to yarrawonga. Win win for both yarra and glenrowan (surely yarra is compensating glenrowan quite well!!!)

Seems pretty clear cut to me

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back