OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe so Slim, I certainly haven't heard any whispers that they won't. I am sure if they looked like folding then I would have heard because we would have had an influx of players coming over to Doon from Alex. Dozer (Kelallea) was from Thorton-Eildon if I recall correctly and they folded before 2011 that's why he came to Doon, I don't think they will manage to get a club back together this year and even if they did I think Dozer would stay with us.

I got a reply from the YV thread the other day and Thornton won't have a side this year. The fixtures already done and they arn't in it.
Out of interest has many other Thornton players gone to Bonnie Doon since they have been in recess? How have they adjusted to the standard between YV Div 2 to the O & K? Much difference?

Greta look to have Maguire and Lacey pretty handy pick ups, Top Eight looks to be shaping up very competitive right down to Eighth spot?

Whose Lacey ??

And as for Webb was it a run or prounce, if Benalla are relying on him then they are worse of than we thought, from what i've seen of him at Blacks and Glenrowan he is very overated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see an article in the Wang paper about all blacks. Still using the old injury line.

Every club has injuries time to move on all blacks

Injuries did cost the blacks but discipline was just as bad by a few players, will be interesting to see how both sides shape up for 2012 depth will be pushed this year.

I saw two quotes in there I reckon.

One was "we had 6 or 7 players out each week" and "our draw contributed to injuries"

the injuries werent just soft tissue or minor niggles, there seemed to be a large number of serious or season ending injuries. knees ligaments breaks to ankles, wrists, shoulders, necks etc.

I saw two quotes in there I reckon.

One was "we had 6 or 7 players out each week" and "our draw contributed to injuries"

The first one was referring to the fact they will have more depth with a full list and didn't necessarily have to recruit heavily this year.

The second one was in response to whether having a somewhat easier draw this year would be beneficial.

Neither quote could realistically be construed as having a whinge!

The thing you have to remember with the majority of quotes is that they are (mostly) in response to a direct question.

Not always though...

Having a somewhat easier draw nonch won't help them. They need to experience more close games so they get use to the pressure and use it in there favor when it comes to the business end of the year. As for injuries don't go on about it every team has them. Injured players should go up through the 2s regardless of their quality and payment

Having a somewhat easier draw nonch won't help them. They need to experience more close games so they get use to the pressure and use it in there favor when it comes to the business end of the year. As for injuries don't go on about it every team has them. Injured players should go up through the 2s regardless of their quality and payment

It's funny that you never hear clubs that are winning sook/ talk about injuries, just the ones loosing.......

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back